Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

A Nigerian Romance Book I Can't Remember The Title Or Author - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Nigerian Romance Book I Can't Remember The Title Or Author (175 Views)

Writertain Top 10 Nigerian Romance Novels / Best Romance Book Ever / I Want To Get A Novel But Cant Remember The Name Or Author (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Romance Book I Can't Remember The Title Or Author by Farawaybutbred: 9:11am On Feb 11
Hello,
There is this amazing nigerian romance novel I read when I was in secondary school but I not sure if it is written by a famous author. I can't remember the name or title or the author so please if you have read it before let me know.

The story is about a woman who when she was young her mother went abroad to work then her father later went to join her mother then she heard news that her mother died and she couldn't contact her father later. (Can't remember what happened between) She later got married but couldn't give birth. She was blamed for the infertility even when it is her husband that is at fault(they didn't know at the time). Later her husband brought a mistress home who gave birth for him (by the way the child is not his) and wanted her( the main woman) to take care of the kids like a maid while they went traveling. Later something happened to the child (or children can't remember) then her husband sent her away. While she was sent out of the house she had no place to go then she met a man that help her for the night when it was raining (I think). Can't remember the rest but she sha divorced her husband and started a new life. She became successful and later met the man (who is a soldier) who help her again when she went for an important profram related to her work. The man was in love with her, she liked him too but was afraid to be with him because she thought she couldn't give birth but the man didn't mind. Then they fell in love, got together and got married. She later met her father again when he came back to nigeria with her biological younger brother ( same father and mother) . Apparently he has been looking for her since she was like in university (I think) . They reunited. She then later found out that she was pregnant with triplets and was overjoyed. She gave birth and was happy with her life. She later met her first husband's sister( who was the one that introduced them in the first place) and she found out that her first husband already knows that that child( or maybe children) were not his own. So he went for a fertility test and found out that he was the one with the issue. Sha it was not her business anymore. She lived happily with her triplets and her husband. That is the end of the story .

I know they are lot of missing gap in the story and it is a bit confusing but this is how her remember the novel. Please if you have read something like this please reply to the post.

Thank you
Re: A Nigerian Romance Book I Can't Remember The Title Or Author by faxana(f): 11:52am On Feb 11
I think the name of the book is Arrow of Destiny by Ann Iwuagwu. I don't think it's a romance novel. It was our literature text in junior secondary School.

The name of the protagonist is Cynthia and her first husband name is Idris. I enjoyed reading the novel back then.

@Farawaybutbred

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Romance Book I Can't Remember The Title Or Author by Farawaybutbred: 12:42am On Feb 12
@ faxana
Thank you very much😊😁😆. Yes it was the book I was talking about👊. I have forgotten that it a literature Book🤣. I loved it too. To be honest, it has a low key romance in it. I remember my friends and I were wondering why it was a literature book.🤣

Thank you very much. Thanks to you I can read the book again.

(1) (Reply)

Oyo Writers Declare Support For Gov. Seyi Makinde’s Second Term Governorship Amb / The Island Wolf - Feather's Stories / Oyo Writers Commend Makinde’s Leadership Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.