Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? (1092 Views)

"Party Members Spotted With Over 15 Bags Of Cash At Abuja Airport". Photos / Atiku’s US Trip; What A $1.1million Lobbying Contract Can Buy You In Washington / Hold Fayemi Responsible For Your Salary Arrears – Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Blitzking: 9:28am On Feb 11
So I read on a naira land page bag of rice is now 75 to 77k don't know how true ...the one I bought in December for 64 still dey so I was just wondering..when I got my first job I could easily buy 15 to 25 bags of rice as a fresh graduate with my monthly salary..now with years of experience it has drastically reduced to 6 to 7 bags if not for side hustle
Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by bennybuhari: 9:28am On Feb 11
50 bags

1 Like

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:28am On Feb 11
bennybuhari:
50 bags

Dey play

2 Likes

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by mbaise1000: 9:40am On Feb 11
So the poster is saying that he can buy 6-7 bags of rice at 75k per bag with his monthly salary and nigerians are complaining?
75k×6 or 7 is 450k or 525k. Who says tinubu is not trying? In short tinubu is doing very well

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by libertyfather(m): 9:41am On Feb 11
half bag
Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Hoelujohn: 9:43am On Feb 11
Rice is not for everyone. If you can't afford eat, try local alternatives.
Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Blitzking: 9:44am On Feb 11
bennybuhari:
50 bags
Agba
Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Jen002: 9:49am On Feb 11
Hoelujohn:
Finish!
Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Mindlog: 9:53am On Feb 11
Hoelujohn:

Rice is also grown in Nigeria, so it is local. Garri, beans, yams are also locally produced and are not even affordable to many or which local alternatives are you talking about?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by MyMouth(m): 10:04am On Feb 11
Blitzking:
Agba
Nago
Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by iamtardey: 10:07am On Feb 11
One plate and one ponmo cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Chicagograduate(m): 10:10am On Feb 11
mbaise1000:
So the poster is saying that he can buy 6-7 bags of rice at 75k per bag with his monthly salary and nigerians are complaining?
75k×6 or 7 is 450k or 525k. Who says tinubu is not trying? In short tinubu is doing very well
Where him dey work?
Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Chicagograduate(m): 10:11am On Feb 11
Blitzking:
So I read on a naira land page bag of rice is now 75 to 77k don't know how true ...the one I bought in December for 64 still dey so I was just wondering..when I got my first job I could easily buy 15 to 25 bags of rice as a fresh graduate with my monthly salary..now with years of experience it has drastically reduced to 6 to 7 bags if not for side hustle
Side hustle mean illegal deals.
Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Blitzking: 10:15am On Feb 11
Chicagograduate:
Side hustle mean illegal deals.
for me it means side businesses owned by me...not paid employment
Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Chicagograduate(m): 10:21am On Feb 11
Blitzking:
for me it means side businesses owned by me...not paid employment
You are paid 450k plus and still doing a side hustle?Tell us where you work and your side hustle.
Any government official with a side hustle is shady.

1 Like

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by matify83: 10:38am On Feb 11
Chicagograduate:

This is not completely accurate sir.

Farming is a side hustle and civil service law allows its employees to engage in farming activities and that includes every thing in the value chain.

Even doctors other than those in the national health scheme are deemed as private practitioners and can operate private clinics and hospitals which are also side hustle.

1 Like

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Blitzking: 10:43am On Feb 11
Chicagograduate:
You are paid 450k plus and still doing a side hustle?Tell us where you work and your side hustle.
who says am a govt worker...
Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Blitzking: 10:45am On Feb 11
Chicagograduate:
do you think that money is much in this present economy if I choose to leave the country I will earn 25 million naira monthly doing the same line of business although will spend more but will only be able to save average 0f 3 to 5 million naira monthly if u convert it to naira. The fact that ppl are saying 450k is much In this present economy speaks volume of the level of suffering going on in the land when some ppl toiletries will consume the said amount.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by MrBroke(m): 10:57am On Feb 11
Just the sack bag 9 my salary fit afford

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Mikespecialone(m): 11:50am On Feb 11
Haa stop nah , which kind kind see-finish question be this , you won mock Nigerians ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by uba1991: 11:55am On Feb 11
Hoelujohn:
and what is that alternative? So even Garri is not for everybody?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by emperor4love(m): 12:13pm On Feb 11
Na empty sack bag of rice fit afford,lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by mightyhaze: 1:05pm On Feb 11
Things are so expensive now

A car I bought for 670k in 2013,I sold for almost 2m last year.. after 10 good years of rugged usage by my workers..

Some go say I make gain,but convert both monies to their equivalents in dollars as at the time of purchase and sell off..

If u can spell it out correctly,then u can understand what Op is trying to say..

E no mean say na so so rice he dey chop,like some agbadorites are insinuating in the thread

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Nice2023(m): 1:16pm On Feb 11
I have stopped going to work...let me focus on my side income.

I really pity men and women who are depending on salary in this economy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by nabiz(m): 1:26pm On Feb 11
Average of 6bags

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Reelz: 1:27pm On Feb 11
Agbado to the rescue..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Chicagograduate(m): 1:34pm On Feb 11
Blitzking:
do you think that money is much in this present economy if I choose to leave the country I will earn 25 million naira monthly doing the same line of business although will spend more but will only be able to save average 0f 3 to 5 million naira monthly if u convert it to naira. The fact that ppl are saying 450k is much In this present economy speaks volume of the level of suffering going on in the land when some ppl toiletries will consume the said amount.
Why are you hiding your Source of income?This should be a pride to disclose.
Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by 2elliot: 1:50pm On Feb 11
Over 12 bags. The hunger in the land no concern me. I am from an oil producing place. So, I am comfortable. I have a job that earns me around #400k; and I also have another work that pays me over #350k every month for doing absolutely nothing. All these are aside the allowances and other bonuses I get. I was recently paid some money by Shell for damages as their proposed new gas pipeline passed through my land.
I am not married and do not plan to do so as most Nigerian girls are useless. I still live in my family house with my mom in her big house, so I spend even a lot less. I want to focus on making more money and do my music for pleasure. Nothing concerns me with Nigeria and her madness. I have minimised my comments on the politics section. Agbadorians can stand on Bats manhood for all I care, I go survive. As far as oil and gas still flows in my place, I won't be broke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Blitzking: 2:19pm On Feb 11
mightyhaze:
Things are so expensive now

A car I bought for 670k in 2013,I sold for almost 2m last year.. after 10 good years of rugged usage by my workers..

Some go say I make gain,but convert both monies to their equivalents in dollars as at the time of purchase and sell off..

If u can spell it out correctly,then u can understand what Op is trying to say..

E no mean say na so so rice he dey chop,like some agbadorites are insinuating in the thread
You get the point...was actually considering the minimum wage..and a family man
Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Melagros(m): 2:50pm On Feb 11
COMRADES
Op you should have asked; how many measurements a salaried worker can buy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:56pm On Feb 11
See this OP. undecided

Some pple Salary can't even buy Rice. sad

It can only buy like 5 Indomie Belleful. embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Bags Of Rice Can Your Salary Buy You? by CandidAdmin(m): 3:35pm On Feb 11
2elliot:
Over 12 bags. The hunger in the land no concern me. I am from an oil producing place. So, I am comfortable. I have a job that earns me around #400k; and I also have another work that pays me over #350k every month for doing absolutely nothing. All these are aside the allowances and other bonuses I get. I was recently paid some money by Shell for damages as their proposed new gas pipeline passed through my land.
I am not married and do not plan to do so as most Nigerian girls are useless. I still live in my family house with my mom in her big house, so I spend even a lot less. I want to focus on making more money and do my music for pleasure. Nothing concerns me with Nigeria and her madness. I have minimised my comments on the politics section. Agbadorians can stand on Bats manhood for all I care, I go survive. As far as oil and gas still flows in my place, I won't be broke.

Big man!!!
Na student I be looking for capital to start online hustle

U fit help me?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Tumbles To N1,234/$ At Official Market, Speculators Resume Hoarding / Any Hope For Atiku, Utomi And Okotie? / The Stage Is Set For Yar’adua, Utomi, Okotie And Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.