Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions (21326 Views)

Moment John Mikel Obi Chose Manchester City To Win 2023 Champions League Final / Nigeria Vs Sao Tomé And Príncipe: AFCON 2023 Qualifier (10- 0) On 13th June 2021 / Senegal Are AFCON 2021 Champions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by SMREXY(m): 11:42pm On Feb 11
Why do Nigerians complain so much when things don't go their ways. Everyone has his/her day, today just wasn't that of the Super Eagles. It's nauseating to see several unnecessary posts based on emotional sentiments flood the internet space. That our players didn't win today doesn't mean they didn't put in their best, the opponents were simply better. More so, mistakes are what make football games interesting, because without them there definitely won't be winners. Let's absorb our errors and forge ahead.

Stop dissing blame cards to the Super Eagles... remember they made it this far against all odds.

3 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by AMI3(m): 11:43pm On Feb 11
richiemcgold:

E pain me; I no go lie.

...but let's not forget that only few Nigerians gave pasero and his boys a chance. Prior to this AFCON, many of us called them super chickens.

Way forward now is to face world cup qualifier with all seriousness. We must not miss out again this time.

Don't allow it to pain u. No body really believe in them if the have gone this far they have tried.
I was expecting Victor Osimhen to win the Afcon.
On a second thought Politics could have enter.
So let it be.

3 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by EleventhWeirdo: 11:43pm On Feb 11
Nec41:

I miss inec chairman, he would have changed the score.

I miss p@nd0ra, he would have asked a mad man for advice on how to lie he won after losing wink
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by Joconceptbest4(m): 11:43pm On Feb 11
God1000:
Lol, cheesy let us all take a deep breath and rest today, my heart is heavy
Rest you say, Is only in football that every body want Nigeria to succeed even those who lost their Bet.
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by Ilamina(f): 11:44pm On Feb 11
Francophones are nice, they deserve the best
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by Tendd: 11:45pm On Feb 11
Congrats to lvorians.You made your people proud.Hope no loss of lives is reported tomorrow on the Nigerian fans.
An the end,it's just football,a piece of object being chased continually by 22 players.Losing or winning dosen't 'eliminate hunger or reduce the prices of basic commodities.Hunger in the country is alarming and hope the issue is urgently addressed by our government.
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by Myer(m): 11:45pm On Feb 11
Malroux:
Tinubu's bad luck keep spreading like wildfire.
Perhaps you will listen to reason tonight.
Insulting/Dishonoring leaders is not a wise thing to do. Cos your subordinates will do the same to you.
Tinubu is like wise suffering karma for dishonoring his predecessors.
Don't be another statistic.
It's better not to comment at all than become a victim of your comment.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by franchasofficia: 11:46pm On Feb 11
ceejay80s:
No body should blame the coach, those boys are not good, they were just lucky,
South Africa or any other country would have held that match to a penalty kick out
Nigeria need to change tactics for our super eagles team.

let super eagles be made up of at least 70% home based players picked from both under 17 and the senior home based teams. At that stage, Nigerian footballers play with all their strength, energy and focus to gain international exposure so they can be bought by European clubs.

As soon as they get signed by European clubs, their passion for national team dies.

Only Osimhen, Ekong, Lookman, Moses Simon, Nwabali and few others did their best, others didn't deserve the national team Jersey lol

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by SandyLOVE08(f): 11:46pm On Feb 11
They just felt relaxed after the first half.

Even after 1-1 they felt relaxed. Na when e reach 2-1 them come dey fire like machine.

I just hate nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by iwaeda: 11:48pm On Feb 11
Nec41:

I miss inec chairman, he would have changed the score.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by ukaface(f): 11:48pm On Feb 11
The cup no fine
Be like Wetin welder join together
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by MT: 11:49pm On Feb 11
We were well beaten.

They deserve their cup.

Super Eagles rightfully deserve their tears.

Sack the coach who is out of his depth and a few players - like Chukwueze, Aina,just to mention a few.

There are players within Nigeria who will die defending the badge!

And please, Amokachi should stop commentating!
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by Otunbakay(m): 11:49pm On Feb 11
You don’t play a final of a competition with a lackadaisical attitude.
The Nigerian team deserve not to win.
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by G00dharddick: 11:49pm On Feb 11
Na luck we take dey win since

Ivory coast dealt with us no be small
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by ceejay80s(m): 11:49pm On Feb 11
franchasofficia:
Nigeria need to change tactics for our super eagles team.

let super eagles be made up of at least 70% home based players picked from both under 17 and the senior home based teams. At that stage, Nigerian footballers play with all their strength, energy and focus to gain international exposure so they can be bought by European clubs.

As soon as they get signed by European clubs, their passion for national team dies.

Only Osimhen, Ekong, Lookman, Moses Simon, Nwabali and few others did their best, others didn't deserve the national team Jersey lol
Very good,
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by Pat081: 11:49pm On Feb 11
Let us go back to where we stopped...How much is Bag of Rice,Garri, cement, vegetable oil in ur area now? Please 🙏
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by ukaface(f): 11:50pm On Feb 11
Myer:

Insulting/Dishonoring leaders is not a wise thing to do. Cos your subordinates will do the same to you.
Even though
Even though

Still Tinubu bad luck do us this thing, if you like no agree
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by kendrick9(m): 11:50pm On Feb 11
Max Gradel waving the Morrocan flag. Very nice touch 🙂
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by G00dharddick: 11:51pm On Feb 11
SandyLOVE08:
They just felt relaxed after the first half.

Even after 1-1 they felt relaxed. Na when e reach 2-1 them come dey fire like machine.

I just hate nonsense

Exactly my point.

The players were so stupid. No marking no attacking. They just relax while playing useless slow ball. Ivory coast wan kill us! God abeg! I knew Ivory coast would win with the way they were seriously outplaying us
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by DCroc: 11:51pm On Feb 11

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by aswani(m): 11:51pm On Feb 11
Congratulations to Ivory Coast, they are deserved champions.

Back to back AFCONs now with local coaches as winners. Time to give local coaches a chance.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by Tonididdyx: 11:52pm On Feb 11
SMREXY:
Why do Nigerians complain so much when things don't go their ways. Everyone has his/her day, today just wasn't that of the Super Eagles. It's nauseating to see several unnecessary posts based on emotional sentiments flood the internet space. That our players didn't win today doesn't mean they didn't put in their best, the opponents were simply better. More so, mistakes are what make football games interesting, because without them there definitely won't be winners. Let's absorb our errors and forge ahead.

Stop dissing blame cards to the Super Eagles... remember they made it this far against all odds.

Did you watch the game?
If not go look at these stats?

Not come online come dey form hard guy!
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by mcjprof(m): 11:52pm On Feb 11
Curious345:
E clear
Iwobi is useless
Zaidu plays rubbish
Lookman Na buushii
All other players ,aside osimen ekong Bassey and nwabali were playing like an SS3 football team

Iwobi most especially is useless since inception of the tournament... Absence of professional Milfielder killed our game. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by Tochi360: 11:53pm On Feb 11
Curious345:
E clear
Iwobi is useless
Zaidu plays rubbish
Lookman Na buushii
All other players ,aside osimen ekong Bassey and nwabali were playing like an SS3 football team

Chikweze a maximum disappointment.
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by firearcher: 11:55pm On Feb 11
SMREXY:

Exactly. Just shows how ungrateful and unappreciative a lot of people are. The SE tried and surpassed most people's expectations. To get to a final isn't child's play. There are many other teams that wished they played tonight but it didn't work out for them.
The boys should hold their heads high! We can only learn and move forward

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by Malroux: 11:56pm On Feb 11
Myer:

So we should all sidon de look why Ebola Tinubu keep destroying Nigeria abi?
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by successmatters(m): 11:57pm On Feb 11
Malroux:
Tinubu's bad luck keep spreading like wildfire.

That man is pure bad luck, as soon as he announced he may go to Ivory Coast, I knew the players will get angry and lose.
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by Malroux: 11:58pm On Feb 11
successmatters:

That man is pure bad luck, as soon as he announced he may go to Ivory Coast, I knew the players will get angry and lose.
Chai. Expect more protests because Nigerians are angry right now

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by blowjohn(m): 12:02am On Feb 12
God1000:
Congrats to them, they played better than us.

I don't want to blame any of our players, they tried their best too but it wasn't good enough.

Though I wanted Super eagles to win for the sake of Nigerians that died watching the semi-final against south Africa, but it is what it is

South Africans will be so happy with our defeat today but no shaking.

U have to blame iwobi, zaidu and Aina.

U just have to
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by itsene: 12:05am On Feb 12
Indigenous coach beat ftoreign coach..

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by Objectivist04: 12:07am On Feb 12
Myer:

I like your admonition but it is somehow contradictory

If Tinubu is suffering karma for dishonoring his predecessors isn't it right to say Mr karma is using the person you quoted to pay Tinubu back ?
Re: Ivory Coast Are AFCON 2023 Champions by Vikto17: 12:10am On Feb 12
Nefaz:
Please dear people of Nairaland forgive me,
Have mercy on me, if I can help myself I won't be here begging for your help, please come to my aid, I've been seeking assistance on nairaland.
I'm  celestine am 32 year of age frm Enugu State Awgu L G A.I have a spine injury @ neck that has have keeps me indoor mostly for d past 16 years.It also affected my hand making me not able to use my finger normally i.e I can't pick up thing from floor.
my problem now is that life has been very difficult for us I and my aged mom.to provide feeding and some medicine is hard,
I don't have anything doing for now.living with pains and bed sore on both Buttocks and continual urine Infection,Not able to Go for
routine hospital visit due lack of funds.
Please I am pleading to well meaning Nigerians come to our aid, my mom has been sick for long due to complication of high sugar level and BP.
I'm asking for your financial help to enable go for medical, the last doctor i see said I need to do MRI scan test, which I don't have the funds for now,pls no matter how
Small it will enable us get some medicine,food and other basic items for my daily SCI cares.
I depend on some daily medical supplies for survival pls I need your help.
Acct :

Celestine
First Bank
Location: Nkpor anambra state.am available for video call/physical verification my phone number and address is not hidden. Watch the video below to confirm .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLoJF8Q_6zE

please come to my aid I don't have any other choice, I'm not a scammer if to say life was a little bit easy for me I won't be doing this always I can prove my condition beyond any reasonable doubt. one of the document below is my hospital file not a receipt. thanks and remain blessed
may God punish u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Greenwood Is 3rd Youngest Utd PL Scorer & Youngest Player To Score This Season / Osimhen Cleared By Doctors, Travels To Bouake To Join Team - Daily Post / Pedri And Alexia Putellas Present Their Kopa Trophy And Ballon D'or At Camp Nou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.