Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira (28739 Views)

Kano Agency Bursts Warehouses Hoarding Food Items (video) / Adamawa: Fintiri Declares Curfew As Residents Loot Govt Warehouses / Pastor Philip Igbinijesu Curses Politicians Hoarding Food Meant For Poor Masses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Ojemedad: 7:28am On Feb 12
Nigiriya is now a starved nation hunting for hoarded foods.

Next election you will still see them dancing naked, campaigning for APC
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by sketching: 7:32am On Feb 12
Ballmer:
So Igbo above are already justifying the harding as betting against Nigeria.

I wish Tinubu was like Buhari let anybody wail to death n just rule your 8 years comot nobody dare touch you after.

See them below fake lovers of Nigeria

Keep tribalism apart.
Since I was born, each year is harder than the previous.

If you plan for the worst in Nigeria, you would probably be very successful. In terms of dollar value, inflation, insecurities and bad basic infrastructures. It is sad reality.

A woman provoked this investigation when she announced that someone hoarded sugar for only 8 years and made over 80 million naira profit.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by advanceDNA: 7:34am On Feb 12
matify83:
This is the way to go.

Why store up food in warehouses outside of the market environment and create artificial scarcity so you can maximize profit at the expense of your fellow citizens?

As long as those warehouses were loaded by Street boys, they can always be located.

Remembered those days of "essential commodities" in the late 80's. Every hoarded commodity discovered was auctioned by the military to the general public at specified prices.

Hoarding of food should be designated as TREASON.

U just dey cap ....
Individual business owners buying goods Incase of ranny day has not committed any crime.....it's is a normal business practice to buy when cheap and u can afford it ....and sell later...

More importantly..their goods/services are not subsidize goods like petrol or regulated services like banking services or health.

..the government has no business or power harassing masses over any goods not subsidized by the government ...

this is tyranny for the government to seal their property over the governments failure

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by dfrost: 7:37am On Feb 12
matify83:
Thi

Very simple. No two ways.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by nairalanda1(m): 7:39am On Feb 12
It's a populist move, but food production has to be increased

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by fkelly(m): 7:40am On Feb 12
Very wrong move, so everything should be brought to the market and eating once? Make Una no carry this madness enter my yam Barn oh, dead body go surplus.

Instead of fixing the economy, u are fighting people who are looking for ways to survive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by dfrost: 7:40am On Feb 12
sketching:

Keep tribalism apart.
Since I was born, each year is harder than the previous.

If you plan for the worst in Nigeria, you would probably be very successful. In terms of dollar value, inflation, insecurities and bad basic infrastructures. It is sad reality.

A woman provoked this investigation she announced that someone hoarded sugar for only 8 years and made over 80 million naira profit.

8 years and we complain about governance? That person is even worse than Shylock.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Jomonix: 7:40am On Feb 12
Very wrong move. Its unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by ford101: 7:43am On Feb 12
PlanetZero:
Open the warehouse

Sell the products on their behalf and give them the money
after selling that one this season and no business man buys to store but buy and export were will you feed your people from again. The problem is not lack of food but they value of the currency is going down.and why is that happening?that's what you need to tackle. So if the sale fuel at 1k and transporters increase there price from kano to abj to 100k so you ll force them to move people at your own price. They will close down and the only available car you ll see ll be draged by people who have more than 100k for transport.be wise and don't just eat for today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by cooljude(m): 7:51am On Feb 12
matify83:
This is the way to go.

Why store up food in warehouses outside of the market environment and create artificial scarcity so you can maximize profit at the expense of your fellow citizens?

As long as those warehouses were loaded by Street boys, they can always be located.

Remembered those days of "essential commodities" in the late 80's. Every hoarded commodity discovered was auctioned by the military to the general public at specified prices.

B.S....
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Saidfx(m): 7:54am On Feb 12
adioolayi:
" You can see, I was told here today that the price of maize has jumped from N30,000 to N60,000. So you see, a hundred percent increase, this is unacceptable. You can see these stores, there are hundreds of millions of Naira worth of hoarded commodity."

100% increase in less than 24hrs...wetin we dey do ourselves sef, we no know

E show for the game yesterday. The world does not like our disunity
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by abobote: 7:54am On Feb 12
Someone's private business, this is wickedness and winch hunting

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Solsix(m): 7:59am On Feb 12
matify83:
This is the way to go.

Is that how you reason?? I tire for some people
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by theredaddy: 8:02am On Feb 12
Elinosweet143:
Why fight personal businesses, so someone that sells food stuff in Nigeria no longer has a right to have a warehouse to store his goods. Me an not getting this oh, because from my own perspective there's no scarcity of food but money no dey to buy the food,[i] I know some federal workers wen just get there January salary on Friday [/i]as against what they made us to believe earlier, secondly business owners dey see shege to transport the goods sef

are you sure, thot i saw news yesterday of civil servant pleading to FG to pay there salary yesterday undecided
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by abobote: 8:06am On Feb 12
Andrelade:
If they are truely hoarding,then the govt us on the right track .
Nigerians are just wicked .How there you wake up in the morning and see a 100 % increasement on something you just bought a day a ago without no justification for it .
Even the greedy one selling on the street too are major problem.They increase price fir no reason.Seller A is for 500 , seller B 700 before u know seller A too will increase it to 700.When those distributors too see how much they are gaining ,then they will increase there own price too and so the story goes .
The unrepentant tribalist on this platform will come here to criticize every actions of the government.Even if its the best action any government can take .
Its sad situation when you wake up every and wish your country evil .
It shall never be well with all of you that wish this country evil .
Amen

There's no sense in the rubbish you typed there
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by rajiedreez: 8:06am On Feb 12
sketching:
Their is no shortage of food but INFLATION.

This is their tactics to fight price by fighting business people that took a risk by betting against Nigeria.

But you're aware that hoarding causes artificial scarcity

2 Likes

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by abobote: 8:07am On Feb 12
Ballmer:
So Igbo above are already justifying the harding as betting against Nigeria.

I wish Tinubu was like Buhari let anybody wail to death n just rule your 8 years comot nobody dare touch you after.

See them below fake lovers of Nigeria

Sense is very far from you
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Cassandraloius: 8:08am On Feb 12
grin
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by abobote: 8:10am On Feb 12
matify83:
This is the way to go.

Treason? Common sense is truly not common
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Tealcrestmedia(m): 8:10am On Feb 12
I thought we ran a free market? How is forcing private business to sell their stock going to solve the issues on ground?

Some basic root causes of this madness

Bandits and herdsmen terrorizing farmers, people can't even go to their farms. Economic instability. So if I buy products 10 naira today and the prevailing exchange rate pushes it to 20 naira tomorrow, so I should rush and sell everything? When restocking, which capital will I use buying at the current rate? If you wanted to be crude in dealing with private businesses, why didn't the government go to a neighboring country and flood the Nigerian markets with commodities that are scarce/expensive here? Thereby crashing the price?
Government policies are failing and yet they don't want to take responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Earthquakes: 8:11am On Feb 12
matify83:
This is the way to go.

Imagine how daft some people think just because they don’t have sense of direction or never handled any business.
So if I am into agro business and buy grains, oil, etc during its season when it was wasting to store, transport it and protected it, so I should bring it out to share you because you are hungry
Chaiii tueeee!
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Hopium: 8:14am On Feb 12
sketching:

This is their tactics to fight price by fighting business people that took a risk by betting against Nigeria.

Artificial shortage of food (by hoarding) can influence inflation. Simple economics.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 8:16am On Feb 12
sketching:

Very Ignorant people and come to think of it this is chaired by a barrister who should know better. The owners of the warehouses will def win in court.

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 8:19am On Feb 12
Hopium:

Artificial shortage of food (by hoarding) can influence inflation. Simple economics.
There is. O kind kf shortage of food .stop being ignorant.there is no money to buy food.so what seems to b3 short here is money.warehouses are used to store good and disbursed to shops bit by bit..How do U xpect the owner to get rid of the goods in one month??.is there a shkrtage of rice or cooking oil or pasta? Plz come up with a more resolved argument.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 8:21am On Feb 12
Earthquakes:

Imagine how daft some people think just because they don’t have sense of direction or never handled any business.
So if I am into agro business and buy grains, oil, etc during its season when it was wasting to store, transport it and protected it, so I should bring it out to share you because you are hungry
Chaiii tueeee!
You can see from that guy you quoted that some people think with thier backside.these are people we have to shqre country with.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Hopium: 8:22am On Feb 12
Mandate1:
so Nigerians and traders are to blame for govt's inefficiency?

You lots are too ignorant. No one has to tell you that there's a cabal fighting against the state with food inflation.

Same thing that they did with PMS and naira notes during the last election. Same thing they did with the dollar the last 10 years.

I commend the Kano State government for doing all that's necessary to relieve her citizens of hardship. It may not be conventional, and you don't have to agree with them.

We've read news of Adamawa governor banning the transport of building materials out of the state to the Cameroon. Nigeria state governor did same with the state's food supply. They are no stup!d. These governors know what they are doing. And certainly, you don't understand their situation better then they do.

If you can't see the pattern that's emerging, I can help you.

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Abagworo(m): 8:23am On Feb 12
Nigeria mow a joke where warehousing becomes hoarding as if food is subsidized by government. I never knew we would one day degenerate this low
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Hopium: 8:24am On Feb 12
erico2k2:

There is. O kind kf shortage of food .stop being ignorant.there is no money to buy food.so what seems to b3 short here is money.warehouses are used to store good and disbursed to shops bit by bit..How do U xpect the owner to get rid of the goods in one month??.is there a shkrtage of rice or cooking oil or pasta? Plz come up with a more resolved argument.

You don't understand economics and obviously think with your ass. I guess you fail to read where the State government said they are acting on an intelligence.

Hopium:

You lots are too ignorant. No one has to tell you that there's a cabal fighting against the state with food inflation.

Same thing that they did with PMS and naira notes during the last election. Same thing they did with the dollar the last 10 years.

I commend the Kano State government for doing all that's necessary to relieve her citizens of hardship. It may not be conventional, and you don't have to agree with them.

We've read news of Adamawa governor banning the transport of building materials out of the state to the Cameroon. Nigeria state governor did same with the state's food supply. They are no stup!d. These governors know what they are doing. And certainly, you don't understand their situation better then they do.

If you can't see the pattern that's emerging, I can help you.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by SirLakes: 8:30am On Feb 12
So this is the solution grin
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 8:31am On Feb 12
Hopium:

You don't understand economics and obviously think with your ass. I guess you fail to read where the State government said they are acting on an intelligence.

I understand economics more than the whole of your village. And you lot are thinking with ur backside. I own a warehouse like this, and we store goods in there cos we buy in bulk(import)
The intelligence you are talking abou5 is the ones daft people like you provided and acted upon by a not so intelligent fellow.
Just to add.it that same warehouse is open3d for you lot to come and buy you won't be able to buy cos you lot wont b3 able to buy 12 bags in ine go you will seek one cup of rice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by engrfaruq(m): 8:38am On Feb 12
The mumu man just invaded private warehouses and snapped pictures. How is dealing in goods in bulk a crime?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funso Fayose Blasts Sahara Reporters:'U're A Sick Media Portal,We Dont Care' / 2019: Buhari Faults Oyedepo’s Claim On Defection Of APC Members To PDP / Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.