Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira (28723 Views)

Kano Agency Bursts Warehouses Hoarding Food Items (video) / Adamawa: Fintiri Declares Curfew As Residents Loot Govt Warehouses / Pastor Philip Igbinijesu Curses Politicians Hoarding Food Meant For Poor Masses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Hopium: 7:55pm On Feb 12
Asswipemod:

You guys are wicked! How can shortage of cash lead to expensive food when the food is in surplus? It is shortage of food that makes it expensive. People are mopping up food and storing them away in warehouses so they can increase food prices at will because of dollar shortage. Is it dollar we spend in the country?

The FG will soon open border and those saboteurs will incur terrible losses. Eyes go soon clear.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Mandate1: 8:14pm On Feb 12
Hopium:

What do you know.
I actually know nothing. At least I don't know that cabal hoard food. Just under Tinubu, cabal begin hoard food.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by ekhai(m): 9:43pm On Feb 12
123yes:
Time of witch-hunt have started. Was the man the cause of high cost of goods in the market. If all the good were brought out in the market to sale at the same time, what will happen in the subsequent months. Delusional government without sense of direction.
GOD BLESS YOU. THE PROBLEM IS THERE IS NO MONEY IN THE HANDS OF THE BUYERS. WHICH LAW STATES THAT SOMEBODY CAN NOT BUY THINGS IN TIME OF PLENTY AND SELL LATER WHEN THERE IS SCARCITY. THIS KWANKWASO GOVERNOR IS JUST CHASING SHADOWS.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by BigIyanga: 10:17pm On Feb 12
When are they shutting down filling stations?? I don forget na their friends and padies dey run oil ans gas sector
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Elinosweet143(f): 10:41pm On Feb 12
grin our wickedness no get part 2 as per Tinubu children that we are, have you thought of what would happen if the ware housees are eventually emptied cos it would get to that point and yet the problem of expensive food like u fix it is still on? What we want is for the government to deal with the root cause and proofer a lasting solution
Asswipemod:

You guys are wicked! How can shortage of cash lead to expensive food when the food is in surplus? It is shortage of food that makes it expensive. People are mopping up food and storing them away in warehouses so they can increase food prices at will because of dollar shortage. Is it dollar we spend in the country?
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 11:14pm On Feb 12
Obviouslyblunt:
I don’t understand your writing, re read your post.
How does hording. noodles n cooking oil create scarcity lot read too much meaning i to things. These are mainly.
imported stuff.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 11:19pm On Feb 12
Asswipemod:

your reasoning is myopic, these are perishable goods, how long can one store them? this is not crude oil or petrol or cement. All these items found in the warehouse has expiry dates and best by dates on them. Do you think anyone in their right mind want to store rice for 6 months?who bears the risk of stuff going bad? who pays for the insurance?
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 11:21pm On Feb 12
Obviouslyblunt:
government doesn’t act without intel. In the north, there are people that buy up produce directly from the farmers, store it to cause scarcity and sell at triple the price they bought it for. Farmers should be the direct sellers of their products and not middle men business men looking to gain exorbitantly. I never liked this government for once, but this one is a good one.
stop talking craap, so farmers in the north produce cooking oil and noodles, right?
here is what the 1st line. said
They were stacked full of commodity including rice, pasta, sugar, cooking oil and other food items.
Name one thing there that can be hoarded. RicePasta Sugar?Cooking oil??
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Asswipemod: 12:34am On Feb 13
erico2k2:

your reasoning is myopic, these are perishable goods, how long can one store them? this is not crude oil or petrol or cement. All these items found in the warehouse has expiry dates and best by dates on them. Do you think anyone in their right mind want to store rice for 6 months?who bears the risk of stuff going bad? who pays for the insurance?

You are clueless and naive. Do you think you are in Europe or America where things like that hold sway? Wicked people can store rice for 2 years. So what's your point?
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 5:58am On Feb 13
Asswipemod:

You are clueless and naive. Do you think you are in Europe or America where things like that hold sway? Wicked people can store rice for 2 years. So what's your point?
You used big words copied from what Initially said but you failed to put forward any arguments to push your claims of not being naive. I keep tell you lots yu all are clueless hence Nigeria is where it is today, be it US or EU Economics is same as far as money and people are concerned is its application and knowledge that is different like in this case, you lot are saying someone would hoard things imported with their own money, no one has the right to tell an importer when to sell his or her goods unless they are receiving grants from the government, We do not have scarcity of food in any part of Nigeria what is scarce is money to buy food due to inflation.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by updatechange(m): 9:45am On Feb 13
Cantonese:

Oga, you need to understand how good societies work. There is no democracy in the world where governments seize people goods earned from very legitimate means.

Where are we playing politics in this matter? Is it still a secret that this country has been brought to its knees by APC and very poor governance? Even those who voted APC now lament "ebi n pawa", in regret of their action.

How can you justify government's invasion of people's properties, in the name of hoarding of products bought with their own money? How can you justify the failure of government and the irresponsible move to blame the people?

With all the cries if the citizens in the irresponsible 16 years of PDP in power, why did state governors not back open people's warehouses to seize products? Or have you so speedily forgotten that inspite of the recklessness of PDP, prices of products were quite stable in those years?

When Buhari without proper thinking shut thr borders for years, what did he put in place to cover for the fallout? Did you not hear about the famous "Buhari's body language" that left the economy drifting for months? How has government, especially under APC made life easier for citizens?

Have you not heard Tinubu's talk about reducing the purchasing power of the people? Has he not accomplished it? How do you want to blame the businessman who sole purpose is profit making? Why not seize all the vessels carrying petrol to the country, in the name of hoarding and increasing prices? Are Nigerians not groaning and labouring under that?

Call a spade a spade. I do not think that the government of Kano state has the right to seize people's goods, especially when they do not contravene any known law.

You sounds like a typical obidient no offense… but do you know that those hoarders buys the bulk of the products directly from the company and straight to their warehouses where they hoard them. (A typical example flour, rice)
Now this step of theirs after a period of time will create an artificial scarcity in the market and as a student of economics when there’s scarcity of course u know what happens in the market… the price skyrockets. Now this create hardship and that leads to frustrations, starvation and even death. So your point is still meaningless, let the owner provide all the receipts and waybills with dates of their items and sue the state government if they are not guilty, it’s that simple. But as a typical obidient reasoning no Dey the agenda. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Asswipemod: 3:09pm On Feb 13
erico2k2:

You used big words copied from what Initially said but you failed to put forward any arguments to push your claims of not being naive. I keep tell you lots yu all are clueless hence Nigeria is where it is today, be it US or EU Economics is same as far as money and people are concerned is its application and knowledge that is different like in this case, you lot are saying someone would hoard things imported with their own money, no one has the right to tell an importer when to sell his or her goods unless they are receiving grants from the government, We do not have scarcity of food in any part of Nigeria what is scarce is money to buy food due to inflation.

So naira is scarce? You must be a joker. Naira is available. The purchasing power of naira is what we are talking about. The purchasing power is being ruined because some people are creating artificial scarcity because of naira/dollar exchange. The impact would have been limited but some evil people are using billions of naira to buy up food so that they can sell at exorbitant prices. Yes. The government can regulate the excesses of traders who create man made famine. Rice and other grains can be stored for years. There is ethics in business but you people don't want to know. That is why your people sell substandard products and out right rubbish to people in the name of doing business. The line between being a criminal and being a legitimate business person have been erased by you people.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 11:24pm On Feb 13
Asswipemod:

So naira is scarce? You must be a joker. Naira is available. The purchasing power of naira is what we are talking about. The purchasing power is being ruined because some people are creating artificial scarcity because of naira/dollar exchange. The impact would have been limited but some evil people are using billions of naira to buy up food so that they can sell at exorbitant prices. Yes. The government can regulate the excesses of traders who create man made famine. Rice and other grains can be stored for years. There is ethics in business but you people don't want to know. That is why your people sell substandard products and out right rubbish to people in the name of doing business. The line between being a criminal and being a legitimate business person have been erased by you people.
look at you trying to sound clever and in your quest to try n be clever you shot urself in the foot cos Naira indeed is scarce, obviously you have not been listening to the news about how the CBN is mopping up cash, the ATM aint disbursing, Back to topic, just to address your foolishness please show me where I said NAIRA was scarce cos last time I checked i said Money was scarce,.I repeat now and again get this into ur thick skull, there is no law banning anyone from buying commodities or importing commodities and storing them in warehouse till the deem it fit to sell, Every Business in NIgeria well not something you will know about cos from where I am standing you aint smart enough to run a car boot sale let alone a store. Now most business who own shops have what they call packing SHOP, this is a mini warehouse, when you have multiple shops and your imports is up to loads of 40 footers ,you migrate to warehouses.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 11:29pm On Feb 13
updatechange:

You sounds like a typical obidient no offense… but do you know that those hoarders buys the bulk of the products directly from the company and straight to their warehouses where they hoard them. (A typical example flour, rice)
Now this step of theirs after a period of time will create an artificial scarcity in the market and as a student of economics when there’s scarcity of course u know what happens in the market… the price skyrockets. Now this create hardship and that leads to frustrations, starvation and even death. So your point is still meaningless, let the owner provide all the receipts and waybills with dates of their items and sue the state government if they are not guilty, it’s that simple. But as a typical obidient reasoning no Dey the agenda. Smh.
you Soud like an 11 year old ,infact my 11 year old is far more intelligent, can the Government seize or close Dangote warehouse even though he is holding us to ransom, and cement is over the roof.
And again to make you see how silly your post is, can you quote any p art of the Nigerian LAW that Ban warehousing of goods hence with>>
You lot think with ur azzzes and respond appropriately.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by updatechange(m): 12:28am On Feb 14
erico2k2:

you Soud like an 11 year old ,infact my 11 year old is far more intelligent, can the Government seize or close Dangote warehouse even though he is holding us to ransom, and cement is over the roof.
And again to make you see how silly your post is, can you quote any p art of the Nigerian LAW that Ban warehousing of goods hence with>>
You lot think with ur azzzes and respond appropriately.

Pls go and learn from that 11 years old child I think he will school you better
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Asswipemod: 12:39am On Feb 14
erico2k2:

look at you trying to sound clever and in your quest to try n be clever you shot urself in the foot cos Naira indeed is scarce, obviously you have not been listening to the news about how the CBN is mopping up cash, the ATM aint disbursing, Back to topic, just to address your foolishness please show me where I said NAIRA was scarce cos last time I checked i said Money was scarce,.I repeat now and again get this into ur thick skull, there is no law banning anyone from buying commodities or importing commodities and storing them in warehouse till the deem it fit to sell, Every Business in NIgeria well not something you will know about cos from where I am standing you aint smart enough to run a car boot sale let alone a store. Now most business who own shops have what they call packing SHOP, this is a mini warehouse, when you have multiple shops and your imports is up to loads of 40 footers ,you migrate to warehouses.

Last time I checked, naira is the official medium of exchange in Nigeria. And stop the silly cap about naira scarcity. Aside from long and unnecessary verbiage, you have said nothing and position still holds. Dunderheads everywhere!
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 5:05pm On Feb 14
Asswipemod:

Last time I checked, naira is the official medium of exchange in Nigeria. And stop the silly cap about naira scarcity. Aside from long and unnecessary verbiage, you have said nothing and position still holds. Dunderheads everywhere!
Dumbest responce ever.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 5:06pm On Feb 14
updatechange:

Pls go and learn from that 11 years old child I think he will school you better
Dumbest responce ever
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Asswipemod: 6:22pm On Feb 14
erico2k2:

Dumbest responce ever.

You think I'm here to impress your silly ass?
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Feb 14
Asswipemod:

You think I'm here to impress your silly ass?
Who give two fingers who yah impress plz do us a favour and foxtrot oscar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gombe Governor Involved In Auto Crash / Hon Abike Dabiri Comes After FFK For Saying Tinubu Wants To Be President / Priests, Sisters Protest Killing Of Enugu People By Fulanis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.