Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira (28736 Views)

Kano Agency Bursts Warehouses Hoarding Food Items (video) / Adamawa: Fintiri Declares Curfew As Residents Loot Govt Warehouses / Pastor Philip Igbinijesu Curses Politicians Hoarding Food Meant For Poor Masses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Watcharena: 8:46am On Feb 12
naijanative:
This is extremely wrong. They may not be hoarding it. Business men normally hold their goods in warehouses, I have done supermarket before. You sell it gradually in your shop until it finishes. When you empty people's warehouses, what next will you sell? What message are you also passing to business men? It also very easy to target people you hate. Northern leaders are always making silly mistakes
you said it all

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by udemzyudex(m): 8:47am On Feb 12
Sue the government and cash out big.

Very useless government who doesn't understand that most of these people have warehouse they store goods and then distribute for sales in small quantities.

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Obviouslyblunt: 8:47am On Feb 12
naijanative:
This is extremely wrong. They may not be hoarding it. Business men normally hold their goods in warehouses, I have done supermarket before. You sell it gradually in your shop until it finishes. When you empty people's warehouses, what next will you sell? What message are you also passing to business men? It also very easy to target people you hate. Northern leaders are always making silly mistakes
government doesn’t act without intel. In the north, there are people that buy up produce directly from the farmers, store it to cause scarcity and sell at triple the price they bought it for. Farmers should be the direct sellers of their products and not middle men business men looking to gain exorbitantly. I never liked this government for once, but this one is a good one.

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by idealogical: 8:52am On Feb 12
Just imagine, we did not experience any bad harvest, poor weather or any natural disaster, farming is going on normal normal, we are not importing garri, we are not importing yam, onions, tomatoes and so on, but we have food issues, food inflation and high prices.

Greedy Nigerians and saboteurs are responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by stagger: 8:56am On Feb 12
matify83:
This is the way to go.

Why store up food in warehouses outside of the market environment and create artificial scarcity so you can maximize profit at the expense of your fellow citizens?

As long as those warehouses were loaded by Street boys, they can always be located.

Remembered those days of "essential commodities" in the late 80's. Every hoarded commodity discovered was auctioned by the military to the general public at specified prices.

Hoarding of food should be designated as TREASON.

Three months into such actions, what was the outcome of that policy? Some of you think you can hoodwink everyone without realizing some of us were very much alive in that era. Infact, my dad's house was an essenco sharing centre for his union members.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Jnas: 8:57am On Feb 12
sketching:
Their is no shortage of food but INFLATION.

This is their tactics to fight price by fighting business people that took a risk by betting against Nigeria.
I swear people are evil oo
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Watcharena: 9:04am On Feb 12
This is a very wrong move,most of the crops we are producing are seasonal for instance, if they're not stored in warehouses how will they be available through our the year.

Again for importanted goods if they're not stored in warehouses how will they be sold in the shops in smaller quantities or is he especting retailers to be importing their own goods individually.

Kano people and many Nigerians are going to suffer because of this action. The business Men will not buy in bulk or at worst they will migrate from Kano to other states,the Kano state government will have to feed their large population of poor people with their barehands,kano does not have any natural resources.

The governor is following kwankwaso to hunter rivals doing upto their personal businesses
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Donedeal1(m): 9:09am On Feb 12
Dollar increase, maize increased

Dollar increase, charcoal increased

Dollar increase, firewood increased

Dollar increase, local rice increased

And all in multiple folds

Is errors built into the black man Gene.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Hassanmaye(m): 9:14am On Feb 12
sketching:
Kano State Seals 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food, Confiscates Essential Goods

SOURCE: AriseTV
Good one
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Hopium: 9:19am On Feb 12
erico2k2:

I I understand economics more than the whole of your village.and you lot are thinking with ur backside.I own a ware house like this and we store goods in ther cos we buy in bulk(import)
The inteligence you are talking abou5 is the ones daft people lile you provided and qcted upon by a not so inteligent fellow.
Just to add.it that same ware hoise is open3d for you lot to come and buy you qont be able to buy cos you lot wont b3 able to buy 12 bags in ine go you will seek one cup of rice

Learn to type properly, next time or I won't reply to you.

That said, have you sat to ask "why 10 warehouses?" Obviously, there are thousands of warehouse in Kano State, both small and large. Why these 10 warehouses?

You sat in your God knows where state dey comment on what's happening in Kano. Aren't we all Nigerians? Or you've never seen/heard PMS marketers locking up their stocks to artificially inflate price?

If you so pained, you can go to Kano State to unseat HE Abba Kabir Yusuf so you release the food supply back to the said warehouses.

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Hopium: 9:20am On Feb 12
gratiaeo:
APC have turned Nigeria upside down, imagine a business owner don't have right to import goods in large quantities and sell gradual simple because Tinubu and his quark economic team does not know what they are doing

Kano State governor is NNPP FYI.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by BreconHills(m): 9:21am On Feb 12
sketching:

This is their tactics to fight price by fighting business people that took a risk by betting against Nigeria.

Incorrect.

What is inflation? Too much money chasing too few goods and services.

Two legs to the equation - demand side - mop up money supply and supply side - increase production. CBN is doing the former but the latter is a mid to long term strategy with many dependencies
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by AncientAlien(m): 9:24am On Feb 12
sketching:

So sad for business owners. Politicians are fighting wrong fight. Even if those commodities full market. Is there money to buy them? angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Hopium: 9:28am On Feb 12
Inspirer1:
Open land borders for importation of rice and other food items let's see whether they'll keep hoarding

I think this is where we are heading next. I kinda feel the federal government is giving hoarders a long rope and will open the boarder unexpectedly to make them incur terrible losses, with the aim of making them panic sell. A panic sell will crash market price abnormally.

If I'm Tinubu, this will be my plan.

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by AncientAlien(m): 9:29am On Feb 12
matify83:
This is the way to go.

Why store up food in warehouses outside of the market environment and create artificial scarcity so you can maximize profit at the expense of your fellow citizens?

As long as those warehouses were loaded by Street boys, they can always be located.

Remembered those days of "essential commodities" in the late 80's. Every hoarded commodity discovered was auctioned by the military to the general public at specified prices.

don't be deceive by these people ineptitude. Our problem is not scarcity but inflation. There is no money to buy the goods in the market in first place.

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Hopium: 9:33am On Feb 12
Ballmer:
Make you igbos softly de lie now

Sugar hoarded for 8 years no go spool.
Why some of you igbos no de fear God ?

Sugar resemble spare part or okrika ? Even okrika self go don spoil in 8 years. Na wa o !

You dey mind the mumu. grin

E dey talk say say he even understand what's happening in his immediate environment. The way e drop the suppose insider gist dey off me cheesy
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Inspirer1: 9:37am On Feb 12
Hopium:

I think this is where we are heading next. kinda feel the federal government is giving hoarders a long rope and will open the boarder unexpectedly to make them incur terrible losses, with the aim of making them panic sell. A panic sell will crash market price abnormally.

If I'm Tinubu, this will be my plan.

But the problem is they don't seem to think the way we do, reality is quite far and obscure to them...before you know it now, they might say they will give Nigerians #2,000 (two thousand naira) each to ease buying of food undecided undecided undecided treating Nigerians like beggars that you grant temporary succor only for the beggar to always remain a beggar and always coming back to beg...what a Country

You'll be forced to ask that do they really know what they are saying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by jmoore(m): 9:40am On Feb 12
Obviouslyblunt:
government doesn’t act without intel. In the north, there are people that buy up produce directly from the farmers, store it to cause scarcity and sell at triple the price they bought it for. Farmers should be the direct sellers of their products and not middle men business men looking to gain exorbitantly. I never liked this government for once, but this one is a good one.
Why can't you buy the 3 liters of petrol you use for your generator directly from a refinery?
Middlemen is part of business.
Government is using hoarding propaganda to deceive people like you.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Tonididdyx: 9:44am On Feb 12
Nwodosis:

Hoarding of dollars nko? That's where the real fight is needed.

Do we spend dollars in Nigeria?
Wey una sense....
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Obviouslyblunt: 9:48am On Feb 12
jmoore:
Why can't you buy the 3 liters of petrol you use for your generator directly from a refinery?
Middlemen is part of business.
Government is using hoarding propaganda to deceive people like you.
this isn’t a hoarding propaganda, it’s a fact that some people are sabotaging a betting against the country massively, buying a hoarding in preparation for sales. Same issue has always been so in the petrol business, people buy from refineries, hoard stocks and inflate its prices.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by jmoore(m): 9:50am On Feb 12
BreconHills:

Incorrect.

What is inflation? Too much money chasing too few goods and services.

Two legs to the equation - demand side - mop up money supply and supply side - increase production. CBN is doing the former but the latter is a mid to long term strategy with many dependencies
Ever heard about cost push inflation? Go and study it. The current inflation has nothing to do with money in circulation.
The cost of doing business is what is pushing inflation.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by nigeriansamurai(m): 9:52am On Feb 12
Nigeria food scarcity that is caused by insecurity, and decline of naira. They are now attacking people because shifting blame is not enough, evil government.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 9:56am On Feb 12
Hopium:

Learn to type properly, next time or I won't reply to you.

That said, have you sat to ask "why 10 warehouses?" Obviously, there are thousands of warehouse in Kano State, both small and large. Why these 10 warehouses?

You sat in your God knows where state dey comment on what's happening in Kano. Aren't we all Nigerians? Or you've never seen/heard PMS marketers locking up their stocks to artificially inflate price?

If you so pained, you can go to Kano State to unseat HE Abba Kabir Yusuf so you release the food supply back to the said warehouses.
You think I have time to proofread what I type in response to you on my Samsung phone nor reach abeg even though its 800 warehouses, it don't mean shyte,you are still daft comparing PMS to food, MS has shortage, Bag of rice and pastas and cooking oil does not, how is this hard for you to get into your thick skull??people like you are the main reasons the EFCC lose 90% of their cases in court cos of azz for brain thinking. You lot are acting as if the government gave the warehouser money to go and buy goods. So if I buy 10 container of fresh fish and decide to store them a warehouse of freezers for 10 years, the likes of you will come broke or seal the warehouse for me hording fish? Bross get sense please!
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Bmaster(m): 9:57am On Feb 12
what's hoarding of food?
I don't get it
Like,you went to the business men and demanded one trailer of maize after an agreed price and he didn't sell to you ?
This government of kano is on colos.

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by erico2k2(m): 9:57am On Feb 12
Obviouslyblunt:
this isn’t a hoarding propaganda, it’s a fact that some people are sabotaging a betting against the country massively, buying a hoarding in preparation for sales. Same issue has always been so in the petrol business, people buy from refineries, hoard stocks and inflate its prices.
Please I would like to ask you a simple question what is a Warehouse used for?
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Hopium: 10:14am On Feb 12
erico2k2:

You think I have time to proofread what I type in response to you on my Samsung phone nor reach abeg even though its 800 warehouses, it don't mean shyte,you are still daft comparing PMS to food, MS has shortage, Bag of rice and pastas and cooking oil does not, how is this hard for you to get into your thick skull??people like you are the main reasons the EFCC lose 90% of their cases in court cos of azz for brain thinking. You lot are acting as if the government gave the warehouser money to go and buy goods. So if I buy 10 container of fresh fish and decide to store them a warehouse of freezers for 10 years, the likes of you will come broke or seal the warehouse for me hording fish? Bross get sense please!

Three times, you didn't make sense. I won't keep my hope for your fourth trial.

Like I've said, if you too pained, go to Kano State and install yourself as governor.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by BreconHills(m): 10:23am On Feb 12
jmoore:

Ever heard about cost push inflation? Go and study it. The current inflation has nothing to do with money in circulation.
The cost of doing business is what is pushing inflation.

Yes I agree but to be specific 80% of cost push is imported.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by NAC1666: 10:34am On Feb 12
sketching:
Kano State Seals 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food, Confiscates Essential Goods

SOURCE: AriseTV
Allow the masses to visit the warehouse

1 Like

Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by Cantonese: 10:40am On Feb 12
Stupid and meaningless move.

In the first place, were the products purchased with public or looted funds? If the products were purchased by business people, using their own personal resources, where did the Kano government find the power to confiscate the products. Or are they termed “contraband”. In the end, the reckless government will face litigations and payments for such moves.

The same was experienced under Buhari as a military head of state in 1984. In the name of essential commodities, the then FG confiscated goods worth billions from private warehouses. Nothing was achieved in the end, except more Buhari induced poverty.

Governments are known to have price control boards. We have it on paper in Nigeria. Inflation has been on a run away. Is it the fault of commodity sellers. While I am not holding brief for them, it is no longer a secret that APC has failed monumentally since 2015.

In the name of getting the naira to find its true value, the country has gone from one mess to another.

Why not deal with corruption in high places? Why not end crude stealing effectively. What is the essence of borrowing from China, USA, UK and maybe very soon Guinea Bissau? Now we are told that the same Dangote and PH refineries that we have been expecting to work, cannot receive adequate quantities of crude to refine. They have given out the future.

Jagbajantis intete.
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by babapressy(m): 10:52am On Feb 12
matify83:
This is the way to go.

What if there's no purchasing power to buy the stored goods? Because thats the challenge, if people can not buy, should they give it out for free?
Re: Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira by updatechange(m): 11:01am On Feb 12
sketching:

You sounded very dumb tho… so if the owner isn’t guilty why can’t he sue the state government? The report said hoarding… Blike English is too hard for you? Or you think there was no investigation that would have been conducted beforehand.. Always de-marketing Nigeria because one ekute lost while supporting the evils causing unnecessary hardship in the country, I’m very sure you’re an accomplice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shettima Inducts 2 TK-129 ATAK Helicopters, King Air 360i Aircraft In Benue / Breaking: David Lyon Wins Bayelsa State APC Ticket For Governorship / Babajide Sanwo-olu Takes The COVID-19 Vaccine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.