Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF (18747 Views)

Fuel Subsidy: Nigeria Facing Existential Threat, World Bank Warns / Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army / Niger Delta Group Tackles Buhari Over Nigeria’s Worsening Economic Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by Emman08: 9:54am On Feb 12
But they keep lending the looters Millions of $$$ when they come begging knowing very well those monies will be stolen
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by Tochi360: 9:55am On Feb 12
Just say hmmmmm undecided undecided

And they claimed We dodged a bullet undecided

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by Bluntemperor: 9:59am On Feb 12
Parydelegate:
Same IMF that advised Government to remove subsidy and devaluate the naira. Lol

IMF/ World Bank Reality:
•That is the problems with IMF and the World Bank!
And some people think that Paper Works of IMF is better than Practicality?
Why should you removed Subsidies on the Fuel, without backing that this Fuel Subsidies is the backbone of ALL other things/ facilities,in Nigeria?
-As at today,No Power/ Lights and if they ( DISCOS/ NEPA) brings it,it's just 4-hours- out of the 24- hours in a day and they will still charged you 24- hours, meaning that, DISCOS is collecting Money ( on Darkness) to the detriment of Nigerians!
The Big question before Minister of Power- Mr Adebayo is where is he standing?
- How many Transformers are functional in Nigeria- just as we don't have Functional Refineries?
• Why is Mr Adebayo silent on this Sector,as we don't know his Scheme or Schedule of Work with the DISCOS because this Sector is not working at all!
Nigeria is still on 3000-5000 -Megawatts since Independence,while Egypt is between 56,000 Megawatts!
Is this not Shameful- for a Country not as big as Nigeria?
-Those who GEJ sold this NEPA to can't take Nigeria to Eldorado because they were once in Govt and did not increase the People's Standard of Living!
•President Tinubu- hope you can see and hear,what the Masses are facing!
1---No Lights for over 2- weeks and it seems, by what People are saying- there is a deliberate plans to removed the Power Sector Subsidies- like the Fuel Subsidies!
2- Manufacturers are just increasing their Products Prices, without recourse.e g Cements of N3,500 is now N7000+ and where is Dangote or is it not in Nigeria?
3- Rice is now N65k- N70,000,per a Bag and stop believing the False Narratives that there is a Stock somewhere! That is Political deceitfulness!
4-Let there be Massive Importations for ALL foods items- pending the time there will be Price Control Boards and in the Short Term,let the Masses,have Food on their tables!
You once gave the CBN to lift bans on 42- Items since August 2023,so what happens since then( 6- Months now)?
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by NairalandForumo: 9:59am On Feb 12
Tonididdyx:

Oga shhhhh your trap of a mouth!

Me n U know the last election was riddled with rigging and corruption.
This is time for Nigeriand to get down from their high horses and cause the change they want themselves at any m3ans necessary

Rigging and corruption enabled with tribalism...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by bluediamond1239: 10:00am On Feb 12
Tunubu thunder fire u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by Bliztzer: 10:05am On Feb 12
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by Chikpat(m): 10:12am On Feb 12
Nvestor02:
IMF don't know what they are saying, they want Tinubu to keep borrowing money from world bank for them to keep their relevancy.

Little did they know that Tinubu is a genius And can generate the unbelievable amount of money internally that would met up to our infrastructure demands.

IMF should watch on how our GDP will grow in the next year.... Some organizations has already ranked it as one of the fastest growing in Africa for this months.

It's now for the citizens to meet up to the new reality, govt has stopped paying for some certain things for them.

And also, I commended Tinubu for fighting insecurity, because there has been many reportage of how Soldiers, Amotekun and police are arresting the bandits these days.

Tinubu should further declare more war against Insecurity.

I surely know that new minimum wage would be implemented before March because the negotiation for it is already going on.

We saw worse than this from more sensible Buharists. The Tinubu supporters will always live in a fool's paradise, wear blinders and clutch at straws. Regardless, the world knows the truth. He is the president, Chicago State University trained accounting gwuru or abi na gworo who delt the Nigerian economy the worst blow ever. Dude is not good for Nigeria. He should resign and get out of Nigeria. Nigerians should take their destiny into their hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by twosquare(m): 10:13am On Feb 12
Ajala ta n na o....
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 10:14am On Feb 12
What are you even saying, Abacha government was far better than Obj, Yaradua and Goodluck combined......yardstick to measure good administration is standard of living ooo, what was the poverty rate then? Food Security and exchange rate, his problem was that he's a bad man as a person and hate opposition as a blooded solja.
EdiskyHarry:
Nobody would have believed that one day Nigeria will have a president that will beat buhari's record as the worst president of all time in the history of Africa.
Really sad. Tinubussss government is worse than Abacha
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by Nvestor02: 10:15am On Feb 12
Chikpat:

We saw worse than this from more sensible Buharists. The Tinubu supporters will always live in a fool's paradise, wear blinders and clutch at straws. Regardless, the world knows the truth. He is the president, Chicago State University trained accounting gwuru or abi na gworo who delt the Nigerian economy the worst blow ever. Dude is not good for Nigeria. He should resign and get out of Nigeria. Nigerians should take their destiny into their hands.

It's funny how a person like you that cannot push his family from poverty is talking about economy.

Talk more about poverty because that's what you Sabi pass. Tinubu is generating high money internally.

He even increased the State allocations by 41percentage.
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by PROPEACE: 10:17am On Feb 12
greenermodels:
I thought I'm the only one that have noticed the pattern, these same institutions destroyed the Nigerian economy through the structural adjustment program (SAP) in the 90's and are doing the same thing now while our leaders fails to think.
You got it. SAP! Babangida may be forgiven for that blunder but after seeing what happened to us then, you will expect our leaders to always use it as a case study of what that silly IMF policy can do to a poor developing country, but for where! They just foolishly allow IMF do the thinking for them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by Chikpat(m): 10:19am On Feb 12
Nvestor02:

It's funny how a person like you that cannot push his family from poverty is talking about economy.

Talk more about poverty because that's what you Sabi pass. Tinubu is generating high money internally.

He even increased the State allocations by 41percentage.

Who told you i come from a poor family? Everyone online must not be as wretched as you and your god-forsaken family. It's painful but it's true.

Your very weak defence shows you are clearly as thick as two short planks, a few cards short of a full deck.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by PROPEACE: 10:22am On Feb 12
Tareq1105:

Do they want Africa nations to grow? They would say taxes would not allow development to take place. You now begin to wonder why UK use the weapon of taxes to run her economy. All the taxes you can think of comes from there. It's a case of double standard.
Well, even in times of economic robustness, there is a certain class of people that UK do not tax, because of how low they earn, and a certain group they tax up to 50% because of how high they earn. In Nigeria, the poor man is the one that bears the brunt. Nigeria has killed many upcoming businesses with multiple taxation while rich people litter the city of Abuja with houses that are empty. UK take care of their vulnerable citizens unlike motherland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by Southwestidiot: 10:30am On Feb 12
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/nigeria-facing-worsening-economic-crisis-says-imf/?amp
what ever imf says is what their puppet does. They ask him to remove subsidy and he did, they ask him to devalue the naira the puppet did. Very soon they will ask the mumu to tax the air we breath.
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by Petacephas: 10:48am On Feb 12
May God punish imf and world bank for deceiving these idiots in government to think that they can do any economic reform by taking advice from these demonic bodies. Imf and world bank are very useless and stupid. You brought this suffering on Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by PlanetZero: 10:50am On Feb 12
Never4getU:
Useless IMF and WorldBk after achieving their set agenda to continue to impoverished Africa.

Go sit down. Na imf dey embezzle our money left and right? Imf stop our politicians from infrastructural development?

Make una dey deceive una sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by BreconHills(m): 10:55am On Feb 12
Anguldi:
There's nothing that can be done about it sad

Am sorry tongue

Sope otilo cheesy

E reach founder and developer of Lagos, e don cast. More naira devaluation loading angry

Naira will not drop below the 1449 line because supply is improving fast and the margin between official and blackmarket has shaved arbitrage profits significantly.
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:01am On Feb 12
Cutezt:
Like, I went home and realized my dogs food was finished, instead of going the long distance to the mall, I decided to get her indomie for the night, only for me to get to the nearby shop and was told indomie belleful is now 700 NAIRA.

Haaa! All I can say is that I thank God I am able to afford it, but what about people who can't? It's crazy out here folks.

u know

can u spare me 1k?
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by naija1stnigar(m): 11:01am On Feb 12
The most foolish sets of people in Nigeria's political history are the youths who were within the voting age between 2014 and now. We left visibility and facts for emotions and tribalism, we thought sending away Jonathan we end corruption, but rather, in the process of doing that, we invited hunger, insecurities, inflation, higher level of corruption and many others. Nigerians should enjoy what they showed in 2015 and 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:03am On Feb 12
PlanetZero:

Go sit down. Na imf dey embezzle our money left and right? Imf stop our politicians from infrastructural development?

Make una dey deceive una sef
let imf ask 4 our aZa
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by AmuDimpka: 11:34am On Feb 12
We can shout Ronu right now
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by eldoradoxx: 11:38am On Feb 12
IMF has been recruited by LP, Peter Obi and Obidients to taint and tarnish the great reputation of the government of Bola Tinubu. There is no worsening economic crisis. Nigerians are enjoying life under the sole builder of Lagos- Bola Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by optionalY09: 11:40am On Feb 12
Weldon buhari, your handwork is babe
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by omojeesu(m): 11:43am On Feb 12
Evil IMF shedding crocodile's tears!
Evil globalist institution enslaving humanity in collaboration with corrupt puppet national rulling elites.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by Usmanovic95(m): 11:45am On Feb 12
Na statistics we go chop supporters,what will you say about this?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by fennels007(m): 12:15pm On Feb 12
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by DatNiggaDaz: 12:24pm On Feb 12
Cassandraloius:
Something is highly wrong with them.
You csn say that again and the thief Tinubu fell for their deception because he knows that they know he has a drug background with a fake certificate

In other to keep that stolen mandate, they gave the certificate forger conditions on removing subsidy and float the Naira.

This move only favours the colonial thieves not Nigerians. In the same time, they are buying up every thing both resources and assets with very cheap dollars They have all the dollars while you are crying about not having enough even though Tinubu the crook foolishly did what they told him to do grin.

A Professor of Nigerian origin living in the US warned against Tinubu becoming Nigeria's President because of the many negative baggages attributed to the drug Lord.

Now see the same people who have been telling Nigeria since the military rule to remove subsidy are thesame people reporting the bad economic Trend in Nigeria as if they care.

Tinubu is daft that is one issue. Tinubu has a drug case in the US. Tinubu's certificate has k leg and the US knows this. The Ronu clans shouting on your manhood we stand knows only tribalism, they don't understand politics not to mention the International part of it.

I dey laugh o
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by Ulogwe1: 12:29pm On Feb 12
This IMF I hate them with passion. They will crumble your economy and handicap you to depend on them totally. By so doing, they will be dictating what happens in your economy.

But I don't blame them, I blame our politicians that borrowed money from them often without thinking.
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by DatNiggaDaz: 12:38pm On Feb 12
Ulogwe1:
This IMF I hate them with passion. They will crumble your economy and handicap you to depend on them totally. By so doing, they will be dictating what happens in your economy.

But I don't blame them, I blame our politicians that borrowed money from them often without thinking.
Don't hate them, if you hate them you will murder every white man currently in Africa. Hate the game. They are always afraid of intelligent strong Black president with balls.

They saw a thief in Tinubu without balls because that fool Tinubu wanted to keep that presidency at all cost hence emilokan grin grin

They offered him an offer he could not resist knowing he is stupid, corrupt and greedy and BAM., the rest is now the reality grin grin

iIMF love stooges, puppets in Africa. If you make yourself one they love your ass, if you don't they hate you and talk about you using their old strategies of " Human Rights" and freedom of speech against you.

Black Africa needs intelligent and corrupt free Black president who are not greedy
Re: Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF by benjaminlawson(m): 12:52pm On Feb 12
Are they not the same people who directed him to remove subsidy and float our naira. Are they so dwarf to know the consequences of these policies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dimeji Bankole Kicked Out Of Ogun Governorship Race 24hrs To Primary / Borno: Child Suicide Bomber Kills Self, Others In Benisheikh / PDP Reacts To The Arrest Of Iniobong Essien, Akwa Ibom State Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.