Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka (13781 Views)

Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament / Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles / Frank Onyeka Voted Player Of The Season In Denmark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:43pm On Feb 12
Vlibray:
These boys played rubbish throughout the tournament.
If that rubbish took them to the final. What will you say of other teams that did not get there.

1 Like

Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:44pm On Feb 12
Frank Onyeka was outstanding. He proved to be a rock throughout the tournament. If we had a good central midfielder that he can work with together with Moses Simon who should have started the game and not chukwueze we would have won the nation's cup.
Lack of a quality central midfielder was what made paseiro change formation to 5-3-2 and 5-4-1. throughout the tournament
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by GUNITGuy: 1:51pm On Feb 12
galadima77:
You pack bus after scoring one goal in first half and with 66 to 33% ball possession....as if we were 2 men down...and you wan lift cup... đŸ˜‚
they wanted to repeat the S.A fluke were south africa possessed the ball throughout . i wonder why Nigerians never got worried about the teams ability to possess football in a technical way untl yesterday.. They were lagging behind in almost all the teams the teams they met ...Little or no goal on targer, Just waiting for osimen foul to get a penalty or mistake by the opponents defender ...Thats not a good tactic to build a team
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by Slayar: 1:51pm On Feb 12
Watianoengineer:
sad so na this figure head Osimhen Wan go madrid/arsenal and Co? A so called African best without impact. He better remain in Naples and be scoring his Tap Ins. Whether we like it or not Osimhen is not a world class striker. I don't see the reason for the Osimhen hype. Very average. Even Yak and Julius Aghahowa that never won CAF best were more prolific in front of goal. See that Sebastian haller has been a beast since his Ajax days. He was diagnosed with cancer, recovered, started two games for ivory coast and scored both winning goals. That is the job of a sensible striker. We keep consoling ourselves with Osimhen dey disturb defenders, he sabi put pressure but when he was needed most he was no where to be found. If Osimhen had the balls to play all our penalties rather than Ekong it would add to his tally. Such an unreliable No 9. Iwobi and that chukwueze should never be invited again. Very mediocre set of fools

You obviously don't know anything about football.

1 Like

Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by HeroicMeastro: 1:54pm On Feb 12
paskal16:
sub option for who lmao?
Yusuf?
Do you even think we have options in those positions
A starter for Brentford
Did all our dirty work as a dm... he was partnering with a bozo iwobi
We don't have good midfielders there.
Ndidi, in his prime was a better choice in the defensive role.
We have no good playmakers and CMs
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by Lovelife433(m): 1:58pm On Feb 12
But that fake Africa best player is a fraud abi?
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by Perostick(m): 2:15pm On Feb 12
Nbote:
He was the only player in the midfield even though he was poor yesterday. I didn't understand how every single player in the team starts running back towards their 18 yard box everytime the opposition is running at them with the ball. Like what pattern of football was that
my guy that yesterday pattern weak me oooooo.
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by deygar: 2:16pm On Feb 12
Unsong hero of the tournament. Doing all the marking in d midfield...
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by iamkingzlee(m): 2:23pm On Feb 12
grin grin
Watianoengineer:
sad so na this figure head Osimhen Wan go madrid/arsenal and Co? A so called African best without impact. He better remain in Naples and be scoring his Tap Ins. Whether we like it or not Osimhen is not a world class striker. I don't see the reason for the Osimhen hype. Very average. Even Yak and Julius Aghahowa that never won CAF best were more prolific in front of goal. See that Sebastian haller has been a beast since his Ajax days. He was diagnosed with cancer, recovered, started two games for ivory coast and scored both winning goals. That is the job of a sensible striker. We keep consoling ourselves with Osimhen dey disturb defenders, he sabi put pressure but when he was needed most he was no where to be found. If Osimhen had the balls to play all our penalties rather than Ekong it would add to his tally. Such an unreliable No 9. Iwobi and that chukwueze should never be invited again. Very mediocre set of fools
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by yejide16u: 2:24pm On Feb 12
How would you rate Ajayi?How would you rate Ajayi?...
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by ruggedtimi(m): 2:27pm On Feb 12
He was amazing
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by pfadom: 2:35pm On Feb 12
Far from Frank Onyeka. Semi Ajayi is far better than Onyeka.

1 Like

Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by Dsimmer: 2:45pm On Feb 12
GUNITGuy:

they wanted to repeat the S.A fluke were south africa possessed the ball throughout . i wonder why Nigerians never got worried about the teams ability to possess football in a technical way untl yesterday.. They were lagging behind in almost all the teams the teams they met ...Little or no goal on targer, Just waiting for osimen foul to get a penalty or mistake by the opponents defender ...Thats not a good tactic to build a team

That was why I kept saying that the midfield could do better.
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by Vlibray: 3:03pm On Feb 12
TOPCRUISE:

If that rubbish took them to the final. What will you say of other teams that did not get there.
They got to the final by fluke.
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by sirpharrell(m): 3:03pm On Feb 12
See how we are now glorifying a midfielder that can only tackle but can not pass.
This is how low we have sunk in our standards for the Super Eagles.
Our National team has been turned to a team that parks the bus
And we are okaying it, not knowing that we are destroying the culture of Nigerian football.
In the past we have had midfielders like Onyeka, hard workers that do the dirty job but are not creative.
Thompson Oliha, Moses Kpakor, Garba Lawal, Seyi Olofinjana, etc.
But because our team always played with flair, we never glorified them.
Sunday Oliseh is still regarded as our best defensive midfielder ever because he can not only tackle but is creative too.
But today, Peseiro has turned us to Stoke City, complete with the long throw ins.
And we see nothing wrong with that because of short term results.
By the time our eyes clear, we will even be parking the bus against Sao Tome and Principe.

3 Likes

Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by Shimbo96(m): 3:11pm On Feb 12
Nairaland and there nonsense sha. How this take enter FP? Player of the tournament? with how many goals and assists?
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:18pm On Feb 12
Vlibray:

They got to the final by fluke.
Then ivory coast got there too by Fluke. That shows to be a champion you have to be a fluke.
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by Decarbonisation: 3:26pm On Feb 12
adebenson155:
This is my player of the tournament is Frank onyeka

Ok.
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by kunleiky(m): 3:42pm On Feb 12
Watianoengineer:
Like must you insult people to make your point?
Your education seems incomplete to me
Your fellow countrymen are mediocre set of fools?
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by sylve11: 3:54pm On Feb 12
Watianoengineer:

Easy jare. cheesy embarassed cool
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by kelly72: 4:07pm On Feb 12
Nbote:
He was the only player in the midfield even though he was poor yesterday. I didn't understand how every single player in the team starts running back towards their 18 yard box everytime the opposition is running at them with the ball. Like what pattern of football was that

Cowardly football
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by DEswiftfx(m): 4:08pm On Feb 12
... SE starting line-up was just an error, the coach shouldn't have kept moses Simon in bench, that's a complete blunder from the onset, look at the match against Cameroon, there was fighting spirit all through from the blast of the whistle to the end, that was lacking against CIV .. if I were to be the coach who have experienced iwobi's lacklustre performance against SA in the Semifinals, I would use Iheanacho to replace iwobi in my starting formation GK: Nwabali DF: Calvin bassey LB, Ekong and Ajayi CB, Aina/Bright osayi RB, DMF Onyeka DMF Yusuf, AMF: Iheanacho LW Moses Simon CF: Osimhen RW: Lookman. In the 2nd half: I switch immediately to 4-4-2 introducing Terem moffi to sub Lookman or Simon cos I need Osimhen to pair moffi together no parking of bus abeg. I may even decide to sub Osimhen for Moffi and that strictly depends on how exhausted Osimhen was in the game
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by LowKeyManny: 4:29pm On Feb 12
adebenson155:

Agreed.
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by bionixs: 4:42pm On Feb 12
Codes151:
colos. ? lol

Nigerians

Everyone isn't on your level
yes o . Colos level
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by commoditiesnig: 4:46pm On Feb 12
adebenson155:

Same here. I was telling folks watching with me.

Frank is truly the best unsong hero
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by PoliteActivist: 5:09pm On Feb 12
Nonso92:
Yesterday's match was disheartening.
*Politeness*
It was an outright disgrace on world stage
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by Wuless82(m): 5:12pm On Feb 12
adebenson155:

My own player of the tournament is Peseiro grin grin grin after all God gives and God takes. We meuvvv
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by Sharatan(m): 5:16pm On Feb 12
Watianoengineer:

How many ball you done play for your life? Every asshole wan form coach on a faceless forum
Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by orazx: 7:16pm On Feb 12
Watianoengineer:

I smell hate
I smell Jealousy

That’s what I smell

VICTOR OSHIMEN

1 Like

Re: My Player Of The Tournament Is Frank Onyeka by OmoFiditi: 7:24am On Feb 13
adebenson155:

Onyeka was a rock and an efficient sweeper, but Iwobi really made him suffer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinonson Ihelewere Dies During A Match In Romania / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) / Marcos Reus Named Fifa17 Cover Vote Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.