Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,547 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible (371 Views)

Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo / The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Leke Adeboye: If You Voted For APC In Osun You Are A Fool - Pastor Adeboye's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by LalastiklaIa(m): 2:34pm On Feb 12
Jesus told the parable of the rich fool while speaking to a crowd, responding to a man who wanted him to arbitrate an estate problem (Luke 12:13). Jesus responded by asking the man why he should become a judge in the matter and warned his audience not to be greedy.

Having made this point, Jesus launched into the parable of the rich fool. The rich fool is a man with a prosperous farm, who’s just had a successful harvest and decides he will store it all and take things easy. In response, God says to the man, “you fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?” (Luke 12:20). Jesus ended the parable by saying that it is foolish to accumulate material wealth “but not have a rich relationship with God” (Luke 12:21).

I heard Mr Herbert just acquired a house worth N10 billion naira. The house I don't think he has lived in it up to month. Lost wife, lost son. All his money now would be eaten by strangers.

He would have been asked for help countless number of times but would have ignored and Kept on saving his money for future enjoyment.

I'm very sure he had people around him he saw everyday day emaciated from hunger and he just drove past in his convoy because it is not his business and he can do as he wants with HIS MONEY.

If on the first of this year someone had told him he about 41 days to leave. He would have laughed it off.His money could not save him when it mattered most.

If he knew he was going to die I'm sure the N10 billion naira house he won't have built. He would have just shared or given off a lot. Now he won't be buried with credit cards, houses cars and crypto currencies.

Makes me remember the rich man that wanted to follow Jesus and He told him to sell all he has and follow him but the rich man refused and walked away sorrowful. And Jesus said it will be easier for a camel to enter into a needle's eye than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

3 Likes

Re: Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by immortalcrown(m): 3:04pm On Feb 12
Some generous people die young while some generous people live long.

Some stingy people die young while some stingy people live long.

So, what exactly is your point?

2 Likes

Re: Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by Ejebleje: 5:49pm On Feb 12
What sort of post is this? Do you know how many people he helps on a daily /weekly/monthly basis? Before he does that he must report to you abi? Who you don help? It's mostly stingy, wicked people that are this entitled .

Baby Judas Iscariot

2 Likes

Re: Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by LalastiklaIa(m): 9:09pm On Feb 12
Ejebleje:
What sort of post is this? Do you know how many people he helps on a daily /weekly/monthly basis? Before he does that he must report to you abi? Who you don help? It's mostly stingy, wicked people that are this entitled .

Baby Judas Iscariot

Cry me a river

I am sure that man has suffering family members

But they always use this excuse of you can't save everybody
Re: Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by LalastiklaIa(m): 9:10pm On Feb 12
immortalcrown:
Some generous people die young while some generous people live long.

Some stingy people die young while some stingy people live long.

So, what exactly is your point?

Nothing is my point
Re: Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by immortalcrown(m): 9:11pm On Feb 12
LalastiklaIa:
Nothing is my point
Meaning you created an aimless post.
Re: Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by LalastiklaIa(m): 9:12pm On Feb 12
immortalcrown:
Meaning you created an aimless post.

Yes I did

You can read and pass like the over 100 people that have read and passed
Re: Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by immortalcrown(m): 9:13pm On Feb 12
LalastiklaIa:
Yes I did. You can read and pass like the over 100 people that have read and passed
Okay. Do the same by reading and passing my comment.
Re: Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by LalastiklaIa(m): 9:17pm On Feb 12
immortalcrown:
Okay. Do the same by reading and passing my comment.

Funny talk

It's my post I have the jurisdictional right to reply any comment under my post.
Re: Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by LalastiklaIa(m): 9:18pm On Feb 12
Momento Mori

We will all die

You can't take any of it with you
Re: Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by immortalcrown(m): 9:50pm On Feb 12
LalastiklaIa:
Funny talk. It's my post I have the jurisdictional right to reply any comment under my post.
I equally have the right to comment on the post because the post is public.
Re: Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by Shomek(m): 7:01pm On Feb 18
immortalcrown:
I equally have the right to comment on the post because the post is public.
Nice response
Re: Comparing Herbert Wigwe To The Rich Fool In The Bible by GloriousGbola: 3:02pm On Mar 03
LalastiklaIa:
Jesus told the parable of the rich fool while speaking to a crowd, responding to a man who wanted him to arbitrate an estate problem (Luke 12:13). Jesus responded by asking the man why he should become a judge in the matter and warned his audience not to be greedy.

Having made this point, Jesus launched into the parable of the rich fool. The rich fool is a man with a prosperous farm, who’s just had a successful harvest and decides he will store it all and take things easy. In response, God says to the man, “you fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?” (Luke 12:20). Jesus ended the parable by saying that it is foolish to accumulate material wealth “but not have a rich relationship with God” (Luke 12:21).

I heard Mr Herbert just acquired a house worth N10 billion naira. The house I don't think he has lived in it up to month. Lost wife, lost son. All his money now would be eaten by strangers.

He would have been asked for help countless number of times but would have ignored and Kept on saving his money for future enjoyment.

I'm very sure he had people around him he saw everyday day emaciated from hunger and he just drove past in his convoy because it is not his business and he can do as he wants with HIS MONEY.

If on the first of this year someone had told him he about 41 days to leave. He would have laughed it off.His money could not save him when it mattered most.

If he knew he was going to die I'm sure the N10 billion naira house he won't have built. He would have just shared or given off a lot. Now he won't be buried with credit cards, houses cars and crypto currencies.

Makes me remember the rich man that wanted to follow Jesus and He told him to sell all he has and follow him but the rich man refused and walked away sorrowful. And Jesus said it will be easier for a camel to enter into a needle's eye than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Herbert wigwe's money will definitely not be eaten by strangers. A man who went as far as building his own mausoleum definetely set up an iron clad will and trust funds for his children.

That is the thinking of basic Africans who do not plan for anything and react to everything

(1) (Reply)

i'm Still Pondering About This / My Spiritual Fervency Is Affecting My Secular Interests: How Do I Find Balance? / The Secret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.