Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Daniel Regha Calls For End To Criticism Of Alex Iwobi Following AFCON 2023 Loss - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Daniel Regha Calls For End To Criticism Of Alex Iwobi Following AFCON 2023 Loss (131 Views)

Photo Of Alex Iwobi And Terem Moffi's Fathers At UNN In 1985 / Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi / Arsenal Celebrates Alex Iwobi For Taking Nigeria To The World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daniel Regha Calls For End To Criticism Of Alex Iwobi Following AFCON 2023 Loss by chymer(m): 5:48pm On Feb 12
Daniel Regha, a prominent voice on social media, has issued a plea to critics, urging them to cease the bullying of Super Eagles player Alex Iwobi.

Following Nigeria's 2-1 defeat to Cote d'Ivoire in the final of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON), Iwobi found himself targeted by criticism, prompting him to take down all his Instagram posts after the final match.

Despite his efforts during the game, including playing for 79 minutes before being substituted, Iwobi was unable to prevent his team's loss.

His substitution in the final moments of the match further intensified scrutiny from fans and pundits alike.

Expressing his concerns over the treatment of Iwobi and other players, Regha took to Twitter to address the issue, emphasizing the need for perspective and empathy in the aftermath of sporting events.

"Let's move forward from the conclusion of AFCON 2023. It's time to halt the bullying directed at Alex Iwobi and any other member of the Super Eagles squad," Regha's tweet read, highlighting the disproportionate response to a single match and trophy.

Regha underscored the damaging effects of toxic behavior within sports fandom, pointing out that such actions could potentially deter players from representing Nigeria in future tournaments.

Read More: https://naijaupdate.ng/daniel-regha-calls-for-end-to-criticism-of-alex-iwobi-following-afcon-2023-loss/

Re: Daniel Regha Calls For End To Criticism Of Alex Iwobi Following AFCON 2023 Loss by Hezzyluv: 5:56pm On Feb 12
As a shap guy wey I be, I just went out for my normal hustling yesterday when match was going o. Because, i saw the trophy going to Cote'Dvoires grin

(1) (Reply)

Today's Sure Tips And Banker Tips Ready (21/02/2024) / Bendel Insurance Vs Enyimba Preview / Football Prediction For Today 1/3/2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.