Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,590 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors (20280 Views)

Cost Of Living: Nigeria Almost Becoming Venezuela, PDP Governors Raise Alarm / Economic Hardship: Nigeria Needs Urgent Spiritual Help – Adeboye / Dino Melaye Joins Atiku & PDP Governors At PDP Meeting In Abuja (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by gaskiyamagana: 12:27pm On Feb 13
seborrhic:
If the subsidy had been removed and the Naira was defended,things wouldn't have been this horrible.
Tinubu is empty.
He is a sawdust filled brain man with nothing to offer because you can't give what you don't have.
Any monkey can remove subsidy and devalue the Naira.
It's what you do before,during and after, knowing the ripple effect of those policies that should distinguish you from the monkey.
Tinubu has not proved he has a brain better than that of an ordinary monkey,if at all he has anything in it.
Effect of early morning Colorado.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by ConfidentialDoc: 12:28pm On Feb 13
IMF - world bank commaded tinubu to activate the doomsday clock and he didn't hesitate.

Now they told Cardoso to free float the naira...just watch the train wreck in the coming weeks..

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by gaskiyamagana: 12:28pm On Feb 13
agulion:
We Yoruba Muslims are not feeling any economic chanlleges, it seems ipob are once been hit the most
Yoruba Muslims of Nnyamirin origin.
Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by Johnchrix(m): 12:29pm On Feb 13
I can't remember the last time I heard people saying "I am BATIFIED"

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by eliteweb(m): 12:30pm On Feb 13
Military0001:
Just Grammar here and there.

So u even read the post?

Only the headline is enough for me to react
Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by lexrichy(m): 12:31pm On Feb 13
Imagine if apc was opposition with this bad economy they would have been making noise, but they just keep quiet now.

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by lexy2014: 12:32pm On Feb 13
Kenochi:
I have always wondered why Nigerians have resolved to not use this situation to proferr solutions to this food crisis

The three biggest factors militating against this so called food crisis are security, high cost of logistics to evacuate the food produced and infrastructure
Apart from the challenge of security which the governors have limited control over,why aren't they setting up logistics company and providing the infrastructure to help the struggling farmers

All we are hearing is Venezuela,can't this people start buying tractors and modernising agriculture across their states
A state like Ogun state can feed the whole of the South West,the Religious organizations in that state alone have close to 10,000 Hectares for religious activities and the state can't point to a single farm owned by the state

Abeg let them stop all this Venezuela talk and put on their thinking caps,as for security didn't I just read that Edo State(PDP state) just recruited 1500 Vigilante to help protect the state

A word is enough for the wise

why should Nigerians proffer solutions to the situation?

what is the reason for Tinubu becoming president if Nigerians have to proffer solutions and help him do his job?

what is the food crisis that Nigeria has?

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by onuman: 12:32pm On Feb 13
With $1 approaching N2000 in the money market, Tinubu and his merrymen are on regulating angry Nigerians' reaction to the infamy of hyperinflation and insecurity the masses are subjected to in Nigeria.

Tinubu must stand up and apologise to Nigerians that the 2014 political Alliance he masterminded has wrecked Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by Brushstrokes20: 12:32pm On Feb 13
eBOLA has only come to STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by sheu01: 12:32pm On Feb 13
Jlow2:
Even with the massive rigging all he could get was 35% vote , he paid his back yard judiciary to change the interpretation of 25% in abuja, and you expect such person to do well

Are u normal at all. You are still on 25% in Abuja. Does Abuja have a special status diff from Lagos Enugu, Kaduna or Bayelsa. Speak on the economy and leave your rubbish 25% Abuja cos Judiciary is 100% correct on their verdict abt Abuja

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by gaskiyamagana: 12:32pm On Feb 13
Kenochi:
I have always wondered why Nigerians have resolved to not use this situation to proferr solutions to this food crisis

The three biggest factors militating against this so called food crisis are security, high cost of logistics to evacuate the food produced and infrastructure
Apart from the challenge of security which the governors have limited control over,why aren't they setting up logistics company and providing the infrastructure to help the struggling farmers

All we are hearing is Venezuela,can't this people start buying tractors and modernising agriculture across their states
A state like Ogun state can feed the whole of the South West,the Religious organizations in that state alone have close to 10,000 Hectares for religious activities and the state can't point to a single farm owned by the state

Abeg let them stop all this Venezuela talk and put on their thinking caps,as for security didn't I just read that Edo State(PDP state) just recruited 1500 Vigilante to help protect the state

A word is enough for the wise
Indeed, land own by religion bodies in the south west is more than land in use for agriculture. May be government should enact law compelling them to offer those lands for whoever wants to use it for farming at lower rent.
Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by leokid866: 12:33pm On Feb 13
These o e that are just talking for talking sake, Tinubu gave each state 5Billion of which 2Biillion has been paid to each state governor to help alleviate the current situation, I noticed none of them spoke on what they did with the money. Tinubu also gave each rep and senate member 75Million each over the Christmas period specifically to aleviat food pain, how many PDP Law makers used the money for the intended purpose how many governors came to talk that time? Bloody jokers.....
Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by casualobserver: 12:33pm On Feb 13
make no mistake Nigeria was firmly on the road to Venezuela as at May 28 2023. I would say we are probably on the road to Argentina, still bad but not as bad as Venezuela.

Nigeria needs to face some tough choices. the govt should be bold enough to take them. Most of them revolve around the demand for forex.

1) we need to revitalise our universities which means the introduction of market rate fees for Nigerian Universities. A significant demand for forex revolves around overseas fees
2) we need to cut down on our demand for foreign goods and make produce more in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by DAVIDELUXED: 12:36pm On Feb 13
the way things are going chad economy will be better than Nigeria.Apc full of brain dead thieving politicians.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by nairalanda1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 13
seborrhic:
If the subsidy had been removed and the Naira was defended,things wouldn't have been this horrible.

Subsidy should have been removed, that is certain.

But as you know, the same reason why subsidy was partially removed and why naira was allowed to fall was that at the 30th of may, over 90% of our dollar revenue was going for debt servicing, and we were all borrowed up.

Defending naira would have still put pressure on our dollar supply, and we would have had a situation where naira costs N300 or less for one dollar offically, and over N1600 on the black market.

You can see how the round tripping geng would have been happy.

At the end, years of subsdies, years of not developing alternative streams of income via diversification, years of not developing a manufacturing base that would export stuff the world could use, is why we don;t have dollars to defend the naira.

Tinubu is not the best, agreed, but if you were in charge, if I was in charge, the circumstances we find ourselves in would have still forced us to stop spending dollars on defending naira.

Welcome to harsh reality.

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by onuman: 12:44pm On Feb 13
seborrhic:
Tinubu is empty.
He is a sawdust filled brain man with nothing to offer because you can't give what you don't have.
Any monkey can remove subsidy and devalue the Naira.
It's what you do before,during and after, knowing the ripple effect of those policies that should distinguish you from the monkey.
Tinubu has not proved he has a brain better than that of an ordinary monkey,if at all he has anything in it.

You mean the man who built Lagos has no brain?
The man who paced all over his SW region for more than 12 years beginning 1999, for political restructuring of Nigeria; but in 2014, he entered into political alliance with the leader of another group that acutely resists political restructuring of Nigeria. Don't let Tinubu's equally empty-headed supporters hear you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by MemphitzDgreat1(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13
Let's keep praying. Dubai used prayers, China used prayers, Qatar used prayers, The U.S used prayers. We will get there if we pray more.

APC are a bunch of f**king Jokers! 🤣
The dollar is back from Ivory Coast, the dollar go watch AFCON …. E don resume work again.
Tue 13 Feb, 2024 • 09:00 AM

💵 1 USD ⇛ ₦1,517.300
💷 1 GBP ⇛ ₦1,925.679
💶 1 EUR ⇛ ₦1,644.098
💶 1 CAD ⇛ ₦1,110.262

The new reality!
🤣

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by drezzyx(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13
agulion:
We Yoruba Muslims are not feeling any economic chanlleges, it seems ipob are once been hit the most
Lies from the pits of hell.
I can't count numbers of yoruba Muslim that begs me everyday just to eat.
Even one that was shouting yoruba e ronu...

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by Winning123: 12:47pm On Feb 13
tuoyoojo:
You don't miss the water until its gone

Nigeria was warned

We needed to save for the rainy day

But we chose to eat everything and damn the consequences

Here we are

We are all in this together

Great comments. And folks should ignore those moronic governors. In spite of the increase allocation, they are not doing anything. How many of them is investing in agriculture, providing accessibility to rural areas and farms.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by Jlow2: 12:47pm On Feb 13
sheu01:

Are u normal at all. You are still on 25% in Abuja. Does Abuja have a special status diff from Lagos Enugu, Kaduna or Bayelsa. Speak on the economy and leave your rubbish 25% Abuja cos Judiciary is 100% correct on their verdict abt Abuja
no elected president has ever won with less than 50% vote and 25% in abuja, if you chose to be docile or lack common sense it’s your business.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by MYKELDAYO(m): 12:47pm On Feb 13
Emman08:
Imagine Governors speaking. PDP governors that are roaming like dogs round the table of Tinubu and APC, waiting for crumbs to drop to them. State governors, regardless of party are 50% of Nigeria's problem.
Its 70 percentage not 50
Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by tnerro1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 13
Anybody wey call me now and begin use problem voice dey talk, I go just shout road safety and off the the phone

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by nedekid: 12:49pm On Feb 13
killsmith:
Under PDP Nigerians threw food away.
APC must go!
Now imagine the highest naira ever temporarily reached during 16 years of pdp was ₦200 to $1. That meant ₦1m will put $5000 in your hand.
In 9 years of this cursed, evil, poverty spreading apc, that same ₦1m will only get you $600!
PDP ₦1m $5000
APC ₦1M=$650
NO BE JUJU BE THAT?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by Winning123: 12:49pm On Feb 13
lexy2014:

why should Nigerians proffer solutions to the situation?

what is the reason for Tinubu becoming president if Nigerians have to proffer solutions and help him do his job?

what is the food crisis that Nigeria has?

Sit down and use your brain. Every challenge presents opportunities. Stop wailing.
Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by themanderon: 12:50pm On Feb 13
Even the Venezuela has stable 24hr electricity while we have nothing here.

I am very angry that these guys have not been able to turn on the heat for these criminals in Apc. They took great delight in maligning Jonathan but the pdp are going too soft on them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by Vinnie2000(m): 12:51pm On Feb 13
'Nigerians took a decision to bring APC to the Center'. sad sad

This PDP is a BIG JOKE, as a Political Party. undecided undecided
Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by Tetraozonaitera: 12:53pm On Feb 13
Aremwayne:
If you complain they will tag you an ipob. I am beginning to hate some set of people in this country walahi.

I am Yoruba and never have supported Tinubu for a day.
They tag me all manner of names. The same people are crying as we speak

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by donmik: 12:57pm On Feb 13
Debater:
PDP Governors, thank you all for reading my mind
This was the exact same thing I told my wife yesterday undecided
Nigeria is becoming like Venezuela where you feed on tiny unripe pawpaws in your house because you can't afford foodstuff
I thank God for gainful employment and enough money. I pity the common man.
Jagaban people, wallahi, they won't rest in peace
Ndị iberibe

Even that Venezuela as an OPEC member in Latin America is a chaff like Nigeria. @HugoChavez
Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by Vinnie2000(m): 12:59pm On Feb 13
Kukutenla:
Stupid PDP govs that have become a lapdog for APC

Honestly Stupid! undecided angry

These PDP Governors are Myopic and Lacks political SENSE! sad

Trying to Defend APC'S calamity.

If the Reverse was the case where we have a PDP president,
APC would have Skinned him alive and would have IMPEACHED him, using any and Every means possible! sad

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by finishmatter: 1:00pm On Feb 13
I actually saw this coming. It has always been an economic vs well-being issue.

How can a government remove subsidy n float the naira at same time? it has never maid any sense and will never do.

How can we survive the effect of subsidy removal alone, let alone adding naira floating?

Tinubu has never felt the hardship of the common man and will never do.

He doesn't even know how bad the economy is andthe hardship we feel.

He is a heartless human being. I cannot over emphasized this. Where is the palliative he promised? Does he need a reminder before palliative comes to effect?

Will things change? I doubt.
Re: Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors by bayelsaowei(m): 1:01pm On Feb 13
Let us go there..maybe when we get there we will have sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Multiple Blasts Rock Maiduguri 10 Feared Killed – Locals / Work Begins On $50m Modular Refinery In Akwa Ibom / Tribute Night For Funke Olakunrin, Daughter Of Afenifere Leader (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.