Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

"South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa (1819 Views)

Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? / Adamu Adamu: Nigeria Needs More Varsities, 197 Not Enough / University Of Benin Introduces Graduation Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by NFBI: 7:37pm On Feb 13
MzansiCoolio:
Mzansi (South Africa) needs more skilled foreigners!

This is according to President Cyril Ramaphosa.

In his weekly newsletter on Monday, 12 February, Ramaphosa emphasised the need for more people with the right skills to succeed in an ever-changing global economy.

“This is so that our economy can be competitive, grow and create employment. As a country, we've invested much in producing these skills, from significantly expanding access to higher education, introducing digital programmes in TVET colleges and a shift to a new pay-for-performance approach to skills development.

"However, it will take some time before we'll be able to produce enough skilled people to enable our country to grow rapidly,” Ramaphosa said.

A review report published last year found that South Africa’s available labour supply “does not match demand from companies which are essentially looking to employ management-level personnel, professionals, engineers, technicians, science and maths educators, as well as IT experts”.

The president pointed out that many of these high-level skills must be sourced internationally, at least in the short-term.

Last week, the Department of Home Affairs published four public comment draft amendments to existing immigration regulations that will significantly boost efforts to attract workers with critical skills to Mzansi.

The draft amendments deal with two visa categories: a remote working visa and the critical skills visa.

“The introduction of a remote working visa responds to the rapidly evolving world of work, where increasing numbers of skilled workers, notably in the tech industry, are attracted by the lifestyle benefits of working from a remote location,” Ramaphosa said.

He added that it also caters to so-called digital nomads, who are able to work virtually from any location in the world.

A remote worker who wants to work in South Africa while employed by a foreign company will be able to receive such a visa.

Ramaphosa said an efficient, agile, responsive visa regime was key to attracting business investment and boosting economic growth.

“International experience shows that employees with critical skills contribute to improved productivity, enhanced innovation, and improving the competitiveness of the firms they work for,” he said.

In October last year, the Department of Home Affairs released guidelines for corporate employers under a ‘Trusted Employer Scheme’, which will make the visa process easier for large investors and streamline application requirements.

Furthermore, the introduction of a 'Trusted Employer Scheme' aims to simplify the visa process for large investors, making South Africa more appealing for industries like business process outsourcing and customer experience. Ramaphosa cited the country's growing attractiveness as an offshore customer experience delivery destination and the government's investment in supporting the sector's expansion.

The president claimed that the guidelines send a clear signal to business that Mzansi is committed to attracting skills that meet the demands of a modern, inclusive and growing economy.
Good this is what gives some countries an edge..
Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by donbrowser(m): 8:07pm On Feb 13
Lawag3:

Do not insult, be mature in this conversation.

From your national stats you've guys have a large number of unemployment or unemployed youths. Why not give this jobs to them.

Although I think I have an answer to that question because a South African told me that your government prefers competence and qualification to familiarity of you get what I mean.

So if that's the case are there no qualified and competent South African.

Because the some SANS believe that the lack of job is caused by foreigners who are taking these jobs.

SA men are very lazy. They even purposely contract tuberculosis so they can access allowance from the government.
Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by LeeSmart: 8:09pm On Feb 13
chiiraq802:
E for mk sense, but xenophobia spoil am.

Ah no fit see those curved mzansi waist comot eye.
Lol see as ashawo full ur eyes
Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by Lawag3: 8:29pm On Feb 13
donbrowser:

SA men are very lazy. They even purposely contract tuberculosis so they can access allowance from the government.

At least their government gives them allowances.
Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by Johnwrite(m): 9:42pm On Feb 13
That is really true
Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by YoshihideSuga: 11:20am On Feb 14
clockwisereport:
Xenophobia rebublic.

Dead on arrival

Nigerians aren't the target market. The target audience are African Americans. How many Nigerians earn at least $30K per annum as remote workers?
Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by YoshihideSuga: 11:22am On Feb 14
Jamesmatic:
South Africans are way too insecure. I find it funny that they have a white population too. Then I compare South Africa to Nigeria my country. What part of Nigeria will do that it's impossible. Nigerians are direct, unlike insecure SA people who don't know what they want.

South Africa is still better than Nigeria. Except you mean the blacks in Nigeria are inept in building a functioning society. 🤣🤣

With your directness, you can't stop Fulani herdsmen from slaughtering your farmers. How many times have you read Fulani herdsmen butchered farmers in South Africa?

1 Like

Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by MzansiCoolio: 1:25pm On Feb 14
Lawag3:

Do not insult, be mature in this conversation.

From your national stats you've guys have a large number of unemployment or unemployed youths. Why not give this jobs to them.

Although I think I have an answer to that question because a South African told me that your government prefers competence and qualification to familiarity of you get what I mean.

So if that's the case are there no qualified and competent South African.

Because the some SANS believe that the lack of job is caused by foreigners who are taking these jobs.

I already explained this with example of Germany and Canada. We're talking about high skills jobs here - as you know SA's economy is the most advanced & globally connected in Africa. Even the US's tech industry is dominated by the smartests brains from around the world.

The SA president is not calling for people who gonna sell jollof on the streets, and i don't see anywhere he begged Nigerians or low skilled people to come over.
Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by Lawag3: 3:36pm On Feb 14
MzansiCoolio:

I already explained this with example of Germany and Canada. We're talking about high skills jobs here - as you know SA's economy is the most advanced & globally connected in Africa. Even the US's tech industry is dominated by the smartests brains from around the world.

The SA president is not calling for people who gonna sell jollof on the streets, and i don't see anywhere he begged Nigerians or low skilled people to come over.

In Germany and Canada the unemployment rate is low their work force is relatively old so we get that they need immigrants. Yours is the opposite

Does South Africa not have many high skilled workers. Or are sans not interested in high skilled jobs.
Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by MzansiCoolio: 7:39pm On Feb 14
Lawag3:

In Germany and Canada the unemployment rate is low their work force is relatively old so we get that they need immigrants. Yours is the opposite

Does South Africa not have many high skilled workers. Or are sans not interested in high skilled jobs.

If you had read the article probably you would've noticed the president said there's a mismatch between what tertiary institutions are offering and what the advancing world of work requires, and that this is being addressed but in the meantime there's a need to fill the gap with the necessary skilled foreigners.

And last time I checked Nigeria's unemployment rate is as high as SA's - don't be fooled by Tinubu claiming it dropped from 30%+ to 8% in just 6 months. Whatever intentions to cast South Africans as dumb apply to you too.
Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by Lawag3: 9:58am On Feb 15
MzansiCoolio:

If you had read the article probably you would've noticed the president said there's a mismatch between what tertiary institutions are offering and what the advancing world of work requires, and that this is being addressed but in the meantime there's a need to fill the gap with the necessary skilled foreigners.

And last time I checked Nigeria's unemployment rate is as high as SA's - don't be fooled by Tinubu claiming it dropped from 30%+ to 8% in just 6 months. Whatever intentions to cast South Africans as dumb apply to you too.

I know our unemployment rate is as high as SA. But ours is reducing at a much faster rate than SA. Although not by 30%.

I wasn't trying to cast South Africans as dumb. You misunderstood me.

Anyway I understand what you're trying to say.

1 Like

Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by MzansiCoolio: 2:11am On Feb 17
Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by Ekeneegwu(m): 12:48pm On Mar 13
MzansiCoolio:

Google says 1MW of electricity (150th grid collapse) divided between 250 million people equals 4.E-9. Only Nepa and Generator Republicans understand this sort of mathematics 🇳🇬💩💩💩💩

Incest loving cursed generation (HIV and Rape capital of the world ) .. .. your generation of she goats no reach to reply me … ask your transgender father what’s the cause of your stupid behavior…he might help you out she goat 🐐
Re: "South Africa Needs More Foreigners", Introduces Remote Working Visa - Ramaphosa by Ekeneegwu(m): 12:52pm On Mar 13
MzansiCoolio:

I'm not sure about that. Right now i have more pressing issues - to destroy Generator Republic trolls

Hahahah you know what happened afterwards (Eagles triumphed ) not the Rapist .. and Pedos .. South Africans lazy ass druggies…

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Level Gce Past Question / Imt Enugu Admission / University Admission To A Malaysia University: For September Intakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.