Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire (12356 Views)

Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms / Chidinma Olajide Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Her Last Message On Facebook / Ayomikun Juliana: Corper Dies After Applying Sniper to Her Hair To kill Lice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:05am On Feb 13
A journalist working with the University of Jos Ice FM in Plateau State, Juliana Olajide, has lost her 17-year-old daughter and a grandson in a fire that razed the family's apartment.

Daily Trust learnt that the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, but the family suspected an electrical surge.

The fire incident also left Mrs Olajide and her husband with burns while they were battling to rescue their children from the flame.

“All I could remember was that I was forced to wake up at a quarter to 12 midnight to realize that the whole apartment was covered with thick smoke,” she said.

"I rushed out to my children’s room but I could not access their room because our sitting room was already engulfed in flames. I ran to my husband’s room. My husband had to walk through the fire to alert neighbours to help us. We had to break louvers to access our children to rescue them from the fire,” Mrs Olajide, who was revived at JUTH, told the publication

It was gathered that neighbours came to the family’s rescue and rushed them to the hospital.

"I lost my 17-year-old daughter and my two year-old grandson. My husband is in another ward battling with his life also,” she added.

It was learnt that the twins of the family, Rhema and Isreal were responding to treatment at the hospital.

The husband, Isaac Olajide, who sustained burns on his face and hands, could hardly talk.

Secretary of the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ), Plateau State chapter, Mary Dumtur, who led her members to the hospital, appealed to individuals, governments and corporate organisations to come to the aid of the family to recover from the accident.

"They have lost everything including the house and all they had laboured for in life, they need to be assisted morally, spiritually and financially to enable the recovery from this disaster,” she said.

Source: https://dailytrust.com/journalist-loses-daughter-grandson-in-jos-fire/

2 Likes

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:06am On Feb 13
What Is Really Happening Inside This JOS na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by immortalcrown(m): 11:06am On Feb 13
Terrible!
Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:07am On Feb 13
immortalcrown:
Terrible!

Are You Shocked?
Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by Ogiame: 11:07am On Feb 13
UDOKABESTLUV:
What Is Really Happening Inside This JOS na
No JOSTIfiable reason....

Quite sad.

6 Likes

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by Timeshalltell(m): 2:02pm On Feb 13
So sad.
Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by Lannyjoe4u: 2:02pm On Feb 13
Chai
Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by nairalanda1(m): 2:03pm On Feb 13
Ogiame:
No JOSTIfiable reason....

Quite sad.

Not the time for jokes, please.

9 Likes

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by thesicilian: 2:03pm On Feb 13
Can't even begin to imagine the level of agony that family must be in now.

3 Likes

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by PortHarcourtcit(m): 2:03pm On Feb 13
Let's have it, wait for it, obi is coming with heart felt condolence... He's now the national CONDOLENCEER of the federal republic of Nigeria... O'Shea...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by Anguldi(m): 2:03pm On Feb 13
Worse time to experience trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by nobleswazzy(m): 2:04pm On Feb 13
Damn! Pain, hunger and anguish in the land.

Really tough time to be a Nigerian
Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by Ogiame: 2:05pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Not the time for jokes, please.
Who's joking with you? Clown 🤡

5 Likes

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by slaawomirr: 2:05pm On Feb 13
Damnnn niggar

Too bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by nairalanda1(m): 2:06pm On Feb 13
Ogiame:
Who's just with you? Clown 🤡

Grow up, and stop joking about a disaster.

3 Likes

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by Ogiame: 2:07pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Grow up, and stop joking about a disaster.
If my comment sounds like a joke to you, then you're a Local Clown

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by nairalanda1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 13
Ogiame:
If my comment sounds like a joke to you, then you're a Local Clown

Again, better act your age, and stop joking about a disaster, mr man.

May no one joke about your disasters, god forbid.

4 Likes

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by atobs4real(m): 2:09pm On Feb 13
What a sad news with all the happenings in Nigeria.
RIP to d dead.
May the Almighty God comfort the families and friends.

1 Like

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by atobs4real(m): 2:09pm On Feb 13
What a sad news with all the happenings in Nigeria.
RIP to d dead.
May the Almighty God comfort the families and friends.
May the Almighty God not let our enemies mock us
Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by superCleanworks(m): 2:09pm On Feb 13
how do you console a woman in this situation?
God gives, God takes away?
God knows best?
It is well?
Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by Ogiame: 2:10pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Again, better act your age, and stop joking about a disaster, mr man.

May no one joke about your disasters, god forbid.
Something is eating you up, HEAL...

CLOWN 🤡

2 Likes

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by bestman09(m): 2:12pm On Feb 13
Tragic! May this type of disaster never befall me, amen

1 Like

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by Streetmovement(m): 2:14pm On Feb 13
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Bleep up situation, damn!!
Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by nairalanda1(m): 2:15pm On Feb 13
Ogiame:
Something is eating you up, HEAL...

CLOWN 🤡

Okay, may you have a JOSTIFIED event in your life.

(You said there was nothing to it).

Bye, intellectual.

2 Likes

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by Ogiame: 2:16pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Okay, may you have a JOSTIFIED event in your life.

(You said there was nothing to it).

Bye, intellectual.
Amen to your prayers....

Au revoir CLOWN 🤡

3 Likes

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by kennyz247(m): 2:16pm On Feb 13
Rip

Nigeria is a death zone
Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by Timoleon(m): 2:19pm On Feb 13
Udoka...na man you be. You just dey serve people bad news 24/7

1 Like

Re: Juliana Olajide Loses Her 17-Year-Old Daughter And Grandson In Jos House Fire by nairalanda1(m): 2:20pm On Feb 13
Ogiame:
Amen to your prayers....

Au revoir CLOWN 🤡

K.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Mangoes / 441 Motorists Test Positive To Cocaine And Marijuana In Lagos / The Effect Of High Altitude To The Human Body System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.