Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

How Do You View This Book? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You View This Book? (1093 Views)

'The DREAM', By David Icke. THIS Book Is GREATER Than The Bible And Koran / Share The Name Of The Church You View Online Though You're Not A Member / If You Finish Reading This Book Darkness Will Recede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You View This Book? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:25am On Feb 13
A very fine book published by Jehovah's Witnesses and almost every household had then for their kid.
It's been out of print for a long time but available in soft copies but people still request for it (the book they read as a child)
The stories are simple and easy to understand and there are lots of pictures.
A friend of mine said he used this book to teach himself how to draw

What about you? How do you view this book?

Re: How Do You View This Book? by Righthussle: 11:35am On Feb 13
This book was one of the books that was used to indoctrinate me into Christianity. I'm happy I'm free from the shackles of organized religions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You View This Book? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:40am On Feb 13
Righthussle:
This book was one of the books that indoctrinated me into Christianity. I'm happy I'm free from the shackles of organized religions.

How old were you to say you were indoctrinated? Were you born an atheist or Muslim?
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Kobojunkie: 12:36pm On Feb 13
Righthussle:
This book was one of the books that indoctrinated me into Christianity. I'm happy I'm free from the shackles of organized religions.
Very terrible tool of indoctrination book as it contained nothing close to what is presented in Scripture. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You View This Book? by Zaheertyler(m): 12:41pm On Feb 13
Righthussle:
Christianity is a way of life not a cult
You're meant to be free not caged
The word indoctrinated Sha

2 Likes

Re: How Do You View This Book? by Kobojunkie: 12:45pm On Feb 13
Zaheertyler:

Christianity is a way of life not a cult
You're meant to be free not caged
The word indoctrinated Sha
Yet Christianity is a religion that consists of at least 47,000 different cults or denominations peddling different doctrines and traditions from the others. And absolutely none of them come close to mirroring the Gospel teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do You View This Book? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:02pm On Feb 13
Aemmyjah:
A very fine book published by Jehovah's Witnesses and almost every household had then for their kid.
It's been out of print for a long time but available in soft copies but people still request for it (the book they read as a child)

Right from the time i was in elementary school i've known this book though i thought it was a book printed for all religions claiming Christian not until i grew older only to discover that it's the organization that's most vilified in our society that published it.
Today i know better that the publishers of this book are the most zealous preachers and industrious teachers of the word of their God as almost all children in the 70s up to late 90s knew it even those who now feel they no longer needs it! smiley
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Zaheertyler(m): 1:08pm On Feb 13
Kobojunkie:
Yet Christianity is a religion that consists of at least 47,000 different cults or denominations peddling different doctrines and traditions from the others. And absolutely none of them come close to mirroring the Gospel teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided
Lol what is that gospel teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ??...

1 Like

Re: How Do You View This Book? by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Feb 13
Zaheertyler:
■ Lol what is that gospel teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ??...
Read through the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John for details. undecided
Re: How Do You View This Book? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:13pm On Feb 13
Zaheertyler:

Lol what is that gospel teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ??...

That each person should find his or her level and forget associating with fellow believers as there is no group of people practicing what Jesus taught today.
I wonder how Jesus will feel if there is no group of people unanimously doing what he commanded today! smiley
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:20pm On Feb 13
MaxInDHouse:

That each person should find his or her level and forget associating with fellow believers as there is no group of people practicing what Jesus taught today.
I wonder how Jesus will feel if there is no group of people unanimously doing what he commanded today! smiley

Even Jesus Christ foretold there'll be apostasy and many people misrepresenting him. Mathew 7:15-23

He also foretold that his true followers will be hated by all, actively preaching and teaching about the kingdom of God during the last days, neutral in wars and politics. We are seeing that clear fulfillment today. 🤝
Re: How Do You View This Book? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:23pm On Feb 13
Aemmyjah:

Even Jesus Christ foretold there'll be apostasy and many people misrepresenting him. Mathew 7:15-23
He also foretold that his true followers will be hated by all, actively preaching and teaching about the kingdom of God during the last days, neutral in wars and politics. We are seeing that clear fulfillment today. 🤝

You're talking from the viewpoint of a person who wants to identify the group that belongs to Jesus not a group of perfect worshipers for there has never been such! smiley
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:24pm On Feb 13
MaxInDHouse:

You're talking from the viewpoint of a person who wants to identify the group that belongs to Jesus not a group of perfect worshipers for there has never been such! smiley

The only perfect worshipper ever is Jesus Christ.

Are the faithful angels perfect worshippers too?
Re: How Do You View This Book? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:29pm On Feb 13
Aemmyjah:

The only perfect worshipper ever is Jesus Christ.
Are the faithful angels perfect worshippers too?

Perfection connotes no error in handling duties so angels both faithful and fallen are perfect too for they know what is right and nothing is holding them back from doing it so they may choose to do the right thing or decline unlike humans that are faced with lots of circumstances that's hard to deal with! 2Timothy 3:1
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:33pm On Feb 13
MaxInDHouse:

Perfection connotes no error in handling duties so angels both faithful and fallen are perfect too for they know what is right and nothing is holding them back from doing it so they may choose to do the right thing or decline unlike humans that are faced with lots of circumstances that's hard to deal with! 2Timothy 3:1

Well, no group of perfect worshippers today
Even Jesus disciples were not perfect
That's why we try to follow God's steps closely
Re: How Do You View This Book? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:40pm On Feb 13
Aemmyjah:

Well, no group of perfect worshippers today
Even Jesus disciples were not perfect
That's why we try to follow God's steps closely

What most people don't understand is that the first century disciples were imperfect humans but unitedly doing God's will so instead of the mistakes they're making an honest hearted and sincere individual will focus on the ability of imperfect humans to unite in doing God's will! smiley
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Mayntheemaynn: 7:44pm On Feb 13
Kobojunkie:
Read through the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John for details. undecided
so where in those books did jesus tell his disciples he is dying for their sins?

1 Like

Re: How Do You View This Book? by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Feb 13
Jesus Christ clearly never said He died to purge the sins of the people condemned by God— He was not a sin offering, a burnt offering, or a fellowship offering. So how do you find written in His Gospel that which He is never recorded to have said? lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:05pm On Feb 13
Mayntheemaynn:

so where in those books did jesus tell his disciples he is dying for their sins?

Everywhere
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Floky215: 8:07pm On Feb 13
Aemmyjah:

Very few truth and upward of a thousand lies...!!

Good thing people are beginning to question the bullshit religion is selling...!!!
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Mayntheemaynn: 8:08pm On Feb 13
Aemmyjah:

Everywhere

Good, mention them.
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:15pm On Feb 13
Mayntheemaynn:

Good, mention them.
Bros
I no de with my Bible
Search it yourself
John in his first chapter said of him as the lamb that takes away the sins of the world

In his last meal with the disciples, he said something about his flesh and his blood right?

Another time he said something about eating his flesh and blood which many mistook as cannibalism

Another time, he said the famous words at John 3:16

Another time, he said something about himself breaking down the temple and building it back in 3 days which actually represented his death amd resurrection

I don't know but they are there

Matthew 20:28, he mentioned that he did not come to serve but to give his life as a Ransom for many

His disciples, down to this day knows why he died
Goodnight
Re: How Do You View This Book? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18pm On Feb 13
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ clearly never said He died to purge the sins of the people condemned by God— He was not a sin offering, a burnt offering, or a fellowship offering. So how do you find written in His Gospel that which He is never recorded to have said? lipsrsealed

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. Matthew 20:28 KJV

Perhaps Jesus was giving his life in exchange for perfect people so let's hear from the horse's mouth:

Go, then, and learn what this means: ‘I want mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came to call, not righteous people, but sinners.” Matthew 9:13

smiley
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Mayntheemaynn: 8:18pm On Feb 13
Aemmyjah:

Bros
I no de with my Bible
Search it yourself
John in his first chapter said of him as the lamb that takes away the sins of the world

In his last meal with the disciples, he said something about his flesh and his blood right?

Another time he said something about eating his flesh and blood which many mistook as cannibalism

Another time, he said something about himself breaking down the temple and building it back in 3 days which actually represented his death amd resurrection

Matthew 20:28, he mentioned that he did not come to serve but to give his life as a Ransom for many

Goodnight
Anytime you are with your Bible, then show me where he told his disciples he is dying for their sins.

Jesus already told his disciples what they need for their sins to be forgiven.
Re: How Do You View This Book? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:20pm On Feb 13
Aemmyjah:

Bros
I no de with my Bible
Search it yourself

Goodnight

Ọmọ nah that abnormal atheist (Maynmann) guy you dey follow yan o! smiley
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Mayntheemaynn: 8:22pm On Feb 13
MaxInDHouse:

Says the Nairaland infamous Madmax that believes Jesus is angel Michael grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You View This Book? by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Feb 13
How does giving one's life for a ransom amount to the purging of sins — dying as a sin offering, a burnt offering, or a fellowship offering? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do You View This Book? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:26pm On Feb 13
MaxInDHouse:

Thanks indeed
What did he say he is a descendant of? 😂
Re: How Do You View This Book? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:26pm On Feb 13
@Aemmyjah
I know you detests chatting with him since he doesn't worth the attention! wink
Re: How Do You View This Book? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:27pm On Feb 13
Aemmyjah:

Thanks indeed
What did he say he is a descendant of? 😂
Ape nah! grin
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Feb 13
How does giving one's life for a ransom amount to the purging of sins — dying as a sin offering, a burnt offering, or a fellowship offering? undecided

According to Jesus Christ, His Father gave Him the Lost sheep of Israel —the sinners of Israel— whom He then offered Eternal Life in the Kingdom of God in exchange for the condemnation of sin aka Death which lay on them as a result of their many sins. Jesus Christ compared His offer to that of the bronze snake in the wilderness which is recorded to have taken away the curse of death from God on the people of Israel — but certainly not their sin. So, how did this straight forward offer from Jesus Christ become twisted into this purging of sins as though some sort of sin offering or burnt offering? undecided
Re: How Do You View This Book? by Mayntheemaynn: 8:28pm On Feb 13
No wonder Jehovah witness Organisation frowns against their members getting educated, once the mind is dull, it's easy to indoctrinate wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Sin! / How Can A Holy Book Contains 61 Contradiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.