Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) (32299 Views)

Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" / Arsenal Celebrates Alex Iwobi For Taking Nigeria To The World Cup. / Chuka Iwobi: Alex Iwobi's Father Celebrates His Son Over Russia 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Benjaniblinks(m): 3:57pm On Feb 13
undecided oboro
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by CooldipoMPS: 3:58pm On Feb 13
cool
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by AngelicBeing: 3:58pm On Feb 13
BreconHills:

Thank you for a reasoned opinion.

Most people only understand their betting slips. They are mostly functional illiterates and ill bred dysfunctional types. Drama over substance.
Hahaha, lol at betting slips and functional illiterates grin

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by SK1SOLA: 4:00pm On Feb 13
He has served meritoriously, he should move on, there are better players who have not been given opurtunities biko. I don't like his kind of play.... OKOCHA in his prime plays better than him...aje.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by yommen: 4:02pm On Feb 13
Majesty7:

Is Iwobi a defender?

Ah tin say na only me hear am so!
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Jasfred2022: 4:02pm On Feb 13
Abeg make wuna this guy
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by jubrilELsudan: 4:05pm On Feb 13
SEE HIM LONG HEAD LIKE LINDA IKEJI NYASH

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by ArsenWinner: 4:05pm On Feb 13
9jatriot:
A lot of people who criticize Iwobi do so because he is a soft target. The fact is, he played very well in this tournament.
This is what I wrote about him in this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7997465/only-one-appreciates-role-alex

Iwobi was very good in the match against Angola. The only problem Nigeria had was playing too deep. This style doesn't allow creativity.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by CoronaVirusPro: 4:08pm On Feb 13
Okoroawusa:
Okay but they shouldn't invite him again. He doesn't know what he is playing again.

Imperfection and mistakes is what makes winners emerge

The entirety of the super eagles played below expectation!

We struggled in all of our matches and I was sure it won’t get better in the finals.

I supported because of patriotism, not that they were playing good football.

OUR KEEPER GOT US THAT FAR
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by warlordd(m): 4:08pm On Feb 13
Okoroawusa:
Okay but they shouldn't invite him again. He doesn't know what he is playing again.
Not only him! The team was bad and football is a team game. Iwobi can be excused because he was asked to play a different position from the position he's used to. To me, Zaidu Sanusi was our worst player, yet I will only blame the coach and not the player because the coach has the right to drop any player that is not performing.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by miketayo(m): 4:11pm On Feb 13
Mabouchibunmi:
Arguably our best player in this tournament

Ehnn ??
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by merits(m): 4:11pm On Feb 13
Watianoengineer:
Let's forgive him even though the rubbish they played cut my ticket

So na your ticket matter no be pride of the Nation if so your ticket shall continue to dey cut till eternity.SAY NO TO GAMBLING IT DRAINS.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by naptu2: 4:12pm On Feb 13
It's funny and interesting to see people say that we need someone like Mikel. I remember how people insulted and condemned Mikel not too long ago. grin

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Angelfrost(m): 4:12pm On Feb 13
Okoroawusa:

Hush please.

People who elect Jonathan, Buhari, etc, into sensitive positions like Presidency have no moral justification to disparage Alex Iwobi.

The young man is a citizen of Britain, earning juicy money weekly playing for Fulham, yet accepted to give his best to his nation, and all you lots are abusing and cyber trolling him because of a loss.

Look at the entire team... Under normal circumstances, getting to that final should never have happened.

Iwobi played his heart out... Whatever his errors, he gave his best.

If there were better alternatives, he would have been benched.

Make all of una rest for the boy matter.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by LeeSmart: 4:12pm On Feb 13
Mabouchibunmi:
But u sure say na Afcon you watch abi na Asian cup? asking for a friend
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Miggs(m): 4:14pm On Feb 13
naptu2:
It's funny and interesting to see people say that we need someone like Mikel. I remember how people insulted and condemned Mikel not too long ago. grin

Abi!?

"Mikel Slowbilis"
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by sukar886: 4:16pm On Feb 13
Lets just forgive him, but he wont play for super eagles again...

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by osuofia2(m): 4:18pm On Feb 13
Watianoengineer:
No be only you. They cut ticket

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Sharz: 4:19pm On Feb 13
IWOBI AND TIBUNU HAS CAUSED US PAIN, HE SHOULD GO TO HELL JOOR, WHEN HE MESSED UP, HE SHOULD DEAL WITH HIS MISTAKES
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Angelfrost(m): 4:19pm On Feb 13
Malroux:
Iwobi flopped just like Tinubu.

Y'all always need a scapegoat Everytime.

Iwobi wasn't the only flop... Apart from Troost, Nwabali, and Lookman, who else in that team stepped up and stayed consistent throughout the competition?!!

An entire team was outclassed, outplayed and disgraced by one of the worst teams in the competition at a whole finals, and you are picking on a single player.

If not for Troost and Nwabali, that game should have ended 4:1 in favor of Cote'divoire.

It would have been a very disgraceful final for Naija.

Make everybody just lock up and face front abeg. cool
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by MFORC(m): 4:21pm On Feb 13
See him dreadlocks like daddy showkey.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by saddler: 4:21pm On Feb 13
richiemcgold:
Iwobi was never a creative midfielder. We shouldn't be expecting what he can't offer. A kind of creative midfielder we need for this current team is a player with Mikel obi's style of play.

Was Mikel Obi a creative midfielder?

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Paramount01(m): 4:21pm On Feb 13
Malroux:
Iwobi flopped just like Tinubu.

Sombody on the pitch for a game of 90mint that just spend 5mint is already flop, I hear you. Just know you are watching with sentiment. The end shall justify the means, In Tinubu we trust
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Jokerman(m): 4:22pm On Feb 13
What if Iwobi con be CR7, Pessi, Antony or even Onana?🙄
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Chicagograduate(m): 4:23pm On Feb 13
Playing for Nigeria super Eagles is a risky task.The other time Jude ighalo life and his family was threatened before he retired from football.Nigerians were praising super Eagles when they qualified for final.Now they are victims of cyber-bullyiing because they lost to a better team
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Angelfrost(m): 4:23pm On Feb 13
NGArmyTerrorist:
Forgive him for what exactly! You people should grow up and stop fighting players. You think playing football is easy. If I am Iwobi, I will apply Balotelli medicine to haterz.

Don't mind them...!

See them acting like they had so many options and did the young man a favor by inviting him.

The boy is made already.

If options truly dey, would he have been invited?!!

Should Iwobi be the main creative midfield player under normal circumstances?!! If Naija get better team options, then blame the coach for using an inexperienced player.

Nigerians no just know where their problems dey... We just like to follow crowd dey yarn nonsense.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by abobote: 4:24pm On Feb 13
Two failures. Guilty conscience is written all over him
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Angelfrost(m): 4:24pm On Feb 13
SK1SOLA:
He has served meritoriously, he should move on, there are better players who have not been given opurtunities biko. I don't like his kind of play.... OKOCHA in his prime plays better than him...aje.

Please, mention those better players in that midfield that should have been called up ahead of Alex Iwobi currently.

I will wait...!
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by paskal16: 4:26pm On Feb 13
Mabouchibunmi:
lol it's arguable
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Sonicroyel: 4:27pm On Feb 13
Okoroawusa:

What role does iwobi play?
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by akwunomy(m): 4:33pm On Feb 13
Watianoengineer:

They didn’t play any rubbish…they played football…your greed is clouding your statement…gamble responsibly

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by nairalee(m): 4:35pm On Feb 13
NGArmyTerrorist:
Forgive him for what exactly! You people should grow up and stop fighting players. You think playing football is easy. If I am Iwobi, I will apply Balotelli medicine to haterz.

Pls what is the medicine?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu Rangers Wins First NPFL Title After 32 Years [photos] / Andy Ruiz: Anthony Joshua Is Not Good At Boxing And 'I Will Beat Him In Rematch / Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.