Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) (32305 Views)

Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" / Arsenal Celebrates Alex Iwobi For Taking Nigeria To The World Cup. / Chuka Iwobi: Alex Iwobi's Father Celebrates His Son Over Russia 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Sheggy13(m): 5:34pm On Feb 13
nospmoht:

You are not even in the technical team with all the things you know about football. Shut up

I know you'll resort to insults. Typical.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Jozibrainz100: 5:34pm On Feb 13
Allsmilez999:
If not for corruption in NFF, wetin iwobi and that aboki dey find for first team?

If they didn't play their best to get to the final, Most of you won't sit wherever you are now to type all this shit.

The crazy thing about most critics like U is that, Even in your own line of job. You make mistakes that are most times overlooked.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by composure: 5:38pm On Feb 13
On a serious note... We no longer need him in the eagles 🦅 🇳🇬,, there are millions of homebase that are skilled in the midfield.
Himself and peseiro,, the coach that is only know for defensive style of play should disintegrate the national team already.
Super Eagles 🦅 is not a joke.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Jozibrainz100: 5:40pm On Feb 13
GanagiBitrus:
We went with the best squad at our disposal & they collectively tried their best.
Afterall they were initially tagged Super Chickens & nobody expected them to get to the Final.

People are just looking for who to vent their anger & frustrations on.

Even Maguire has never been this bullied in England.....

A lot of Nigerians are just bunch of frustrated animals.....

Rather than put in so much energy to fight politicians, They keep venting anger on just an individual whose career has nothing to do with our economy.....
May be they think winning that cup will change the economy....FOOL everywhere!!!!

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by COOL10(m): 5:41pm On Feb 13
Categories of people insulting Iwobi:

1) People who know absolutely nothing about football.

2) Bloody tribalists.

3) Those frustrated because their tickets cut.

4) Depressed cowards looking for who to cast their frustrations on. Iwobi is not responsible for electing you people's Balablu Bulaba.

5) Fools who think that he must play exactly like Okocha, because Okocha is his uncle. How many of una dey as wealthy as your uncles? How many of una dey as successful as your uncles? Be realistic and stop expecting someone else to live a life that y'all can't even dream of living.

Leave Iwobi alone. He's not the reason for your sorry lives.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by firearcher: 5:50pm On Feb 13
9jatriot:
A lot of people who criticize Iwobi do so because he is a soft target. The fact is, he actually played very well in this tournament.
This is what I wrote about him in this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7997465/only-one-appreciates-role-alex

He got a red card at the last AFCON just 5 minutes after coming in against Tunisia in AFCON 2021 first elimination round. Nigeria was trailing 1-0 and that red card messed up whatever push the SE hoped to make. That could also place a mental limitation on his defensive play this time around.

All the same, respect to everyone who represents their nation in whatever capacity and honourably
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by spartachico(m): 5:58pm On Feb 13
If he was very good Arsenal wouldn’t let him go and na only him Dey go from big club to smaller club isn’t that enough reasons to know he is a rubbish player, Abeg make una shift
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Reptyle(m): 6:04pm On Feb 13
All Iwobi and his team mates are guilty of is playing to the instruction of their coach. He was told to play deep in the midfield as part of the defensive strategy adopted by the coach.

The boys actually did well getting that far even though most of us did not even give them a chance...at least I know I personally did not expect them to pass the knockout stages.

It was an ok performance. They are still young and there will be many more tourneys to play.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by gozie112(m): 6:10pm On Feb 13
Mabouchibunmi:
Arguably our best player in this tournament
abeg no talk that thing again before i vex for u…iwobi wey no fit mark or create..he just Dey run around like headless chicken
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by gozie112(m): 6:15pm On Feb 13
sukar886:
Lets just forgive him, but he wont play for super eagles again...
that’s the fact…he should retire as soon as possible
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by kulankuli: 6:28pm On Feb 13
yes. on to the next one
Menclothing:
Congratulations to the team
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by comrChris(m): 6:29pm On Feb 13
Gadafii:
Iwobi played thru out the entire games like he was bigger than super eagles or CAf, sluggish and couldn’t even distribute or intercept passes, osimhen was mostly isola tree s up front no one to supply him, many times he had to come deep into the midfield which wasn’t supposed to be so

Iwobi should be relieved from the squad,he has done his best, bye
He should be relieved and be replaced with you right?
You people are so annoying in this country
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Juoflife1(f): 6:39pm On Feb 13
I don't really blame him. I blame the coach for not substituting him early

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by ABC101FF: 6:40pm On Feb 13
Most of the dual-faced buffoons saying BS about him are visible on this platform and on this topic. They knowingly assisted in installing a calamitous president on Nigerians. Bunch of twerps blinded by regionalism.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by hodestruth: 6:46pm On Feb 13
[quote author=Watianoengineer post=128434711]Let's forgive him even though the rubbish they played cut my ticket [/quot

If not for God's sake l would have caused you, what have you contributed to the betterment of this nation, just tell us one, you went to bet with other's effort and do not appreciate these boys' sacrifices,
all you silver winning team we appreciate you, WELL DONE, GOD BLESS YOU ALL, Iwobi especially we LOVE YOU and we appreciate your patriotism and contributions, thank you all
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Tetraozonaitera: 6:54pm On Feb 13
NGArmyTerrorist:
Forgive him for what exactly! You people should grow up and stop fighting players. You think playing football is easy. If I am Iwobi, I will apply Balotelli medicine to haterz.

My guy if you see as I dey vex for these people.

99% of these guys abusing iwobi are frustrated nairabet stakers. They are crucifying him for losing out on their bets.
And many are kids who had bad home training.

This is why many of them commit suicide because of small life challenges.

They think life is a bed of roses where you keep winning and winning and winning.
They don't realize that in life you lose some and win some.

Next time you hear of a suicide, know it is one of those bullying Iwobi. They don't have the liver to accept trials.

Failure is part of growth.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by sleekymag(m): 7:11pm On Feb 13
thevoicenews:
Video of One on One Session with Minister of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh and Alex Iwobi

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Som4bZFTmsc

The Minister of Sports Development, Senator John Owan Enoh, had a one on one session with Alex Iwobi following the cyberbullying the football star suffered.

He encourages Iwobi and assures him that the majority of the fans recognize his efforts and are grateful to the entire team for bringing back the silver medal.

He said, “You did your best for your country and i am proud of you.The leadership and the rest of the country is proud of you.Those who are not are in the far minority and do not speak for the rest of our country, so just be strong. You did your best, you are part of a team that brought home a silver medal which the country last won at AFCON 2000, which is 23 years ago.You put in your best, thankyou very much “.

Point of correction Senator. We last won AFCON in 2013 and not in the year 2000.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by bnanny: 7:13pm On Feb 13
nospmoht:

Is your name everyone. Depressed human beings full nairaland
Why do you have to quote me if you have nothing sensible to say?
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by bolabadmus38: 7:17pm On Feb 13
Honestly,he didn't play well throughout the tournament. He needs to work more on his confidence. He's a good player but one thing about football I know is that you can can off time sometimes in the game. Please, let's encourage the young man for his dedication. Iwobi,my brother, you a great player any day any time. I love your dedication. God bless Nigeria
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by HeroicMeastro: 7:21pm On Feb 13
thevoicenews:
Video of One on One Session with Minister of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh and Alex Iwobi

Watch video

The Minister of Sports Development, Senator John Owan Enoh, had a one on one session with Alex Iwobi following the cyberbullying the football star suffered.

He encourages Iwobi and assures him that the majority of the fans recognize his efforts and are grateful to the entire team for bringing back the silver medal.

He said, “You did your best for your country and i am proud of you.The leadership and the rest of the country is proud of you.Those who are not are in the far minority and do not speak for the rest of our country, so just be strong. You did your best, you are part of a team that brought home a silver medal which the country last won at AFCON 2000, which is 23 years ago.You put in your best, thankyou very much “.
Mumu boy! Just retire from the Super Eagles team right now.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by maclatunji: 7:31pm On Feb 13
9jatriot:
A lot of people who criticize Iwobi do so because he is a soft target. The fact is, he actually played very well in this tournament.
This is what I wrote about him in this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7997465/only-one-appreciates-role-alex

Thank you. You are true football head.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by achimendy(m): 7:49pm On Feb 13
richiemcgold:

Iwobi was never a creative midfielder. We shouldn't be expecting what he can't offer. A kind of creative midfielder we need for this current team is a player with Mikel obi's style of play.

Mikel Obi of super eagles: creative midfielder
Mikel Obi of Chelsea: defensive midfielder

Hahahahahahahaha

Exactly.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by godwon01(m): 9:01pm On Feb 13
He has played very well for the country before .He has also scored decisive goals for Nigeria before ,I remembered his goal against Cameroon in 2019 Afcon . Another goals against Zambia during world cup qualifies, both home and away. He also scored two good goals against Argentina during a friendly match. I think , fans expected a lot from him. If Alex had performed well , Nigeria would have won the cup. Let us forgive Alex. He is a human being. He is not God.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by seunayantokun(m): 9:07pm On Feb 13
Upon say e get nothing to contribute. Lucky him, but make nobody gree invite am again o.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Clinghton: 9:18pm On Feb 13
He should try to rise above these criticism and prove his critics wrong.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by pongwa(m): 9:24pm On Feb 13
thevoicenews:

Watch video

ake the weyrey go cut the madman locks for head
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by ComeToJesus: 9:26pm On Feb 13
Nigerians are somewhat daft, crude and unenlightened. I couldn't find better words. They bruised this guy's ego so much.

Tomorrow, they'll say Saka and Nwaneri supposed to play for Nigeria.

Barbarians!
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Allsmilez999: 9:41pm On Feb 13
Jozibrainz100:

If they didn't play their best to get to the final, Most of you won't sit wherever you are now to type all this shit.

The crazy thing about most critics like U is that, Even in your own line of job. You make mistakes that are most times overlooked.

Let me ask you,,,

1. Was there a match where you thought iwobi or the other aboki played exceptionally well??

2. How come we can criticize onana, antony and maguire all these weeks and the world did not end nor this emotional blackmail from man u as a club or it’s players? You naija people are hypocrites.
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by nospmoht(m): 9:43pm On Feb 13
bnanny:

Why do you have to quote me if you have nothing sensible to say?
And you just confirmed you don't have sense. What a shame
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by Adescon8: 10:56pm On Feb 13
You God no punish Alex Iwobi,I’m praying for devil to punish him
He should never show up for National team again
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by ufotunang: 11:44pm On Feb 13
Watianoengineer:
Let's forgive him even though the rubbish they played cut my ticket
..cut your ticket in this Tinubu hard economy 🙄
Re: AFCON: Alex Iwobi Meets With Minister Of Sport, Sen. John Ehoh (picture, Video) by ufotunang: 11:48pm On Feb 13
Nigeria needs an attacking midfielder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu Rangers Wins First NPFL Title After 32 Years [photos] / Andy Ruiz: Anthony Joshua Is Not Good At Boxing And 'I Will Beat Him In Rematch / Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.