Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria (19942 Views)

NBA Rejects Agreement To Let UK Lawyers Practise In Nigeria / UK To Sign Trade Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria / Osun Lawyers In Suit Cutting Grasses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by autodoctor: 5:05pm On Feb 13
Confusion awaits them
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by gasparpisciotta: 5:06pm On Feb 13
It should not be a one sided deal

2 Likes

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by kolosman(m): 5:06pm On Feb 13
This is a welcome development
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by LeeSmart: 5:07pm On Feb 13
PROUDIGBO:

Probably…..on a bilateral/equal-partner basis! But what you can take to the bank is the fact that our judges will not be allowed anywhere near the British legal systems bench!
If na you nkor?you go allow dem?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by Franzinni: 5:08pm On Feb 13
A political tool

2 Likes

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by lexy2014: 5:09pm On Feb 13
this is absolutely stupid because I dont see anything in the agreement that allows Nigerian lawyers getting the same privilege in the UK

4 Likes

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by BluntCrazeMan: 5:09pm On Feb 13
kolosman:
This is a welcome development
EXPLAIN.

1 Like

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by philiancoop(m): 5:09pm On Feb 13
British airways and virgin Atlantic can enter Nigeria but air peace can't enter UK.

Bad government with a touch of tribalism

4 Likes

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by lexy2014: 5:09pm On Feb 13
gasparpisciotta:
It should not be a one sided deal

unfortunately, it is. the "brilliance" of Tinubu at work

2 Likes

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by Malcolmjay: 5:10pm On Feb 13
Should I call this a good development?
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by BluntCrazeMan: 5:10pm On Feb 13
lexy2014:

unfortunately, it is. the "brilliance" of Tinubu at work

We are in for another loonngg ride
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by Olurondo: 5:11pm On Feb 13
Will Nigerian lawyers also be allowed to practice in UK?If not,this is a rubbish bill.

1 Like

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by Jogs1900: 5:12pm On Feb 13
Coldspice:
We do IELTS to attend their schools but one blockhead is signings deal that will allow their lawyers to practice here.
The IELTS is justifiable because of people from a particular section of the country that most of their graduates find it difficult to communicate in English language except in their local language which has become their official language.

3 Likes

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by qtx(m): 5:13pm On Feb 13

3 Likes

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by Sonfethopia: 5:13pm On Feb 13
thesicilian:
The deal should simultaneously also allow Nigerian lawyers practice in UK without extra qualifications. If not whoever agreed to that deal is a fool
why should UK lawyers practice in Nigeria. Do we have same laws?

2 Likes

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by Ogiame: 5:14pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Okay, Antonius.

So long, Clown 🤡

1 Like

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by Princedapace(m): 5:16pm On Feb 13
killsmith:
Omo we need to comot this people hand from our politics.
Nigeria is UK interest and UK will never remove hands from Nigeria except maybe, maybe a president comes in and decides to allign with opposing force like Russia. Else, whites were designed to rule blacks forever and ever grin
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by Idaytesj29(m): 5:16pm On Feb 13
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by kolosman(m): 5:18pm On Feb 13
BluntCrazeMan:
EXPLAIN.

I'm not a legal practitioner, and I'm not keen deliberately ignorant about the downsides of this development, if any.

But I think exportation of talents should be balanced with imports.
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by APOPTOSIS: 5:18pm On Feb 13
IF NIGERIAN LAWYERS practice in the UK, their first objective will be to release Ike Ekweremadu & Wife.
With that they will spread their Lawlessness across the United Kingdom.

3 Likes

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by FireUpNow(m): 5:19pm On Feb 13
Someone said that President Bola Tinubu is better than the British PM. Now the UK govt has open another pipe to suck stolen funds from our corrupt politicians who will hire British lawyers to defend them in turn the British lawyers will move the cash back to the UK. See smart moves.i dey laugh. Will Nigerian lawyers practice in the UK too without scrutiny?

2 Likes

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by muyico(m): 5:20pm On Feb 13
Really?

1 Like

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by Maxtipulation(m): 5:20pm On Feb 13
Will it be vice versa or lopsided?
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by muyico(m): 5:20pm On Feb 13
I think that will help our judiciary
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by GoodGovernance: 5:23pm On Feb 13
Can Nigerian lawyers practice in Uk.?

Mumu agreement.
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by mcdokwe(m): 5:25pm On Feb 13
I don't hear or read Nigerian Lawyers practising in the UK... Why?
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by Gajagojo: 5:26pm On Feb 13
What does NBA have to say?

How is this good or beneficial for Nigeria?

Can the executive alone agree to this?
Did the National Assembly have a say?
I believe there are laws governing this

Why the lack of transparency and consultation before announcing it
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 13
Ogiame:
So long, Clown 🤡

K.
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by 43Ronin: 5:27pm On Feb 13
This is what happens when you have a stooge/neocolonialist in power. Our lawyers here never get work na international UK lawyers? We must free our country from this people they are the reason why nigerians are poor. For a British trained lawyer to practice here they needed to go to our law school is it the same now?

2 Likes

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by keylogger(m): 5:28pm On Feb 13
It's in the Constitution, it's in the law that British own the crude oil in Nigeria, nothing should surprise you all.
Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by 3rdeyeNigeria: 5:30pm On Feb 13
Kc3000:
Can Nigerian lawyers equally practice in the same capacity in the UK? Just asking, because our folks in government sabi mumu.

Obviously No.

I doubt if Nigeria Bar Association will agree to this illegal and unconstitutional action.

1 Like

Re: UK Signs Deal To Allow British Lawyers Practise In Nigeria by Blazebond(m): 5:32pm On Feb 13
You see this people,so na only one-way deal abi,only the brits are allowed to practice in Nigeria but the Nigerians are not,when I tell you people that slavery and colonialism isn't over una think say I nor know wetin I dey talk shebi,Africans are the biggest fools this earth have ever produced.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NIMC: Wrong Disengagement From Service / Man Shares Hilarious Encounter With A Keke Driver In Lagos / FG Sacks 30 N-Power Beneficiaries In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.