Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

7barz's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 7barz's Profile / 7barz's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Travel / Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by 7barz(f): 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2021
@LagosismyHome @justwise @Tobexin @KOVIC19COVID20 @icon8 @claremont @dustydee @sgtponzihater1 @dupyshoo @BabaAgba22

Thank you for your feedback. I will speak to the agency and see what my options might be.

@fatima04

The bank i took the loan and credit card from was different from my main bank. I have been paying off both loans before i left the UK through my main bank.

@ Lexusgs430

I deserve your criticism but I have been paying back the initial loan before i had to leave the UK abruptly, this was due to the loss of my mum. However, it is no excuse not to have made a plan to complete the payment. I take full responsibility for this.

You mentioned that this may have resulted in 2 CCJs. Checked what it meant and woah! this looks bad! I read that even if I pay it all in full, the CCJ would still be on my file and will most likely continue to have an impact until it is dropped after 6 years. I wasn't able to find out if this can be set aside if i complete the payment before the expiration of the 6 years. Planning to do a check on Trust Registry to see what the status is.

Thank you guys once again.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by 7barz(f): 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hi @thegurus

I am lost on what to do...

My husband and I have both studied and lived in the UK some years back before moving back to Nigeria 4 years ago before our visa expired. However, we are both coming back to the UK in September for his PhD studies while I come on as a dependent.

I do not know how to say this but I have to. During my stay, i took an unsecured loan and credit card loan from a UK bank and I didn't pay it off before I left the UK and I totally forgot about it while in Nigeria. i recently logged into my UK bank account this week and I saw the deficits. There was no official mail from the bank during the years I was in Nigeria so I wasn't in the know. Although i should have remembered that I didn't complete the payment so it's all my fault.

I tried to access my credit score and as expected, it has been impacted and I observed that the money has been passed off to a collection agency.

I would like to know if

1. I can contact the collection agency and find a way to pay off the deficits or have some kind of a structured repayment plan.

2. As my husband and I are both coming to the UK this September, can this affect us from securing accommodation in the future, especially when they do a credit check on our documents?

I would really appreciate your response and I do hope to be able to clean up this mess I created.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by 7barz(f): 12:40pm On May 20, 2021
Hi guys,

I have an issue bothering me.

My parent is willing to sponsor my husband to go and study in the UK while I apply with him as a Dependent. I already have a UK masters degree but presently in Nigeria.

Based on what I have read on this thread and on the UKVI website, He cannot use their account since he technically has no ties to them. My issue is:

1. Do my parent need to send the entire funds into my account (N20,000,000 equivalent) and then we (husband & I) both use my account to apply or do they need to send it to his own account?

2. How do we move that amount into my own account or his without it been termed as money lodgement.

Please note that the money is available for our use.

@justwise @mohtunrahyor

3 Likes

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.