Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death (16741 Views)

The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead / Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse / Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by Houseofglam7(f): 9:12am On Feb 14
May his soul Rest In Peace
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by superCleanworks(m): 9:13am On Feb 14
Angelfrost:

Let's not be too quick to conclude growth means totally alienating ourselves from cultures and traditions.

I am not alienating tradition. Do we really need to halt movements, economic activities and education? Just my thought, you don't have to respond.

1 Like

Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by Superpack589: 9:21am On Feb 14
What kind of headline is this? It's confusing. This would have been better - Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces The Death Of The Asagba Of Asaba

1 Like

Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by DystopianMuse(f): 9:22am On Feb 14
If na lagos them shut down activities now because of one dead king. Everybody go don dey cook different stories with it. But it is asaba its fine
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by Donmaro5: 9:23am On Feb 14
Rest in peace, great monarch
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by RichDad1(m): 9:30am On Feb 14
Jayhome24:

Ok go and ask King of England, King Of Belgium, King of Monacoo, King of Spain etc what is the function ok.
Stop being ignorant. The comparison you’re trying to make is not on the same level.
Comparing of King of England to Obi of Asaba? What are you smoking ?

1 Like

Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by Calitoscassius(m): 9:35am On Feb 14
israelmao:
He joined his ancestors at a very good old.Do you know your destination today if your breath ceases?Are you sure of eternity with God?Jesus died for all but you have the option of embracing or rejecting him but I urge you today to make the right choice and walk into his warm embrace.
Rubbish, God and Jesus does not exist. When people die, that is their end, there are no such thing as eternity you cannot proof there are.
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by Calitoscassius(m): 9:37am On Feb 14
RichDad1:

Stop being ignorant. The comparison you’re trying to make is not on the same level.
He is smoking high grade hashish. grin
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by israelmao(m): 9:59am On Feb 14
Calitoscassius:
Rubbish, God and Jesus does not exist. When people die, that is their end, there are no such thing as eternity you cannot proof there are.

Whether you believe it or not God lives forever so also Jesus.God shall deliver you from the spirit of antichrist.

1 Like

Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:02am On Feb 14
wolesmile:

Yeah...
That's tradition.
yeah but if it happens in Yoruba Land Ina go curse them or if na north Ina go still curse them
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by EmekaA125(m): 10:04am On Feb 14
RIP Asaba of Asaba.

Igbo lost an illustrious son.

May you soul rest in perfect peace. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by EmekaA125(m): 10:05am On Feb 14
The whole of Delta State is an Igbo territory.
Desenters and Naysayers will be crushed in due time.
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by EmekaA125(m): 10:06am On Feb 14
SouthSouth region is Igbo dominated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by EmekaA125(m): 10:07am On Feb 14
Calitoscassius:
God doesn't exist but you dey pray to God to bless and prosper you everyday baa ??
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by Calitoscassius(m): 10:07am On Feb 14
israelmao:

Whether you believe it or not God lives forever so also Jesus.God shall deliver you from the spirit of antichrist.
More rubbish, you can believe what you like and i can believe what iike. Believes are not facts, they are just believes i believe i am king Charles of England grin that doesn't mean it is true.

So you can believe in God or Jesus, that doesn't mean they exist. There are no proof they exist.

God and Jesus should deliver themselves first.

What da fork is antichrist? undecided does that shit even mean anything?
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by EmekaA125(m): 10:07am On Feb 14
Superpack589:
What kind of headline is this? It's confusing. This would have been better - Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces The Death Of The Asagba Of Asaba
Same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by EmekaA125(m): 10:09am On Feb 14
Houseofglam7:
May his soul Rest In Peace
Ameen ya rabbi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by EmekaA125(m): 10:10am On Feb 14
OGHENAOGIE:
yeah but if it happens in Yoruba Land Ina go curse them or if na north Ina go still curse them
H
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by Calitoscassius(m): 10:12am On Feb 14
EmekaA125:

God doesn't exist but you dey pray to God to bless and prosper you everyday baa ??
I don't pray, i don't need to pray to God that doesn't exist, bless and Prosper? What does bless and. Prosper meam? They are just words, they don't exist either.

Only hopeless and Lazy people pray to some imaginary God and Jesus who are supposedly lives in the sky.
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by israelmao(m): 10:17am On Feb 14
Calitoscassius:
More rubbish, you can believe what you like and i can believe what iike. Believes are not facts, they are just believes i believe i am king Charles of England grin that doesn't mean it is true.

So you can believe in God or Jesus, that doesn't mean they exist. There are no proof they exist.

God and Jesus should deliver themselves first.

What da fork is antichrist? undecided does that shit even mean anything?

All your effort is to initiate unnecessary argument but you will not get it.Give your live to Christ.
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by oyeb15: 10:33am On Feb 14
Asaba is Delta-Igbo and they still count it as western region in d olden days.

It's like our grandfathers smoke high weed during their time
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by Jayhome24: 10:34am On Feb 14
RichDad1:

Google is your friend.
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by Calitoscassius(m): 10:35am On Feb 14
israelmao:

All your effort is to initiate unnecessary agreement but you will not get it.Give your live to Christ.
Okay, if you say so.. agreement? Or argument? undecided

I leave you and your imaginary God and Jesus..

Good luck! grin
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by obesse: 10:49am On Feb 14
israelmao:
He joined his ancestors at a very good old.Do you know your destination today if your breath ceases?Are you sure of eternity with God?Jesus died for all but you have the option of embracing or rejecting him but I urge you today to make the right choice and walk into his warm embrace.
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by TUTU147: 11:14am On Feb 14
That is our custom and tradition,the male will cut their hair and the women also will have a haircut.The ceremony of any kind.
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by Patojargz: 11:27am On Feb 14
Normal tradition levels...
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by blowjohn(m): 11:41am On Feb 14
Magnetic010:
Not to insult traditions or anything but what exactly do these so called traditional rulers do for their people and Nigerians at large...:we have state governors, local government chairmen, councilors and what not...It just feels like too maybe people getting paid to do the one simple job yet they all failing terribly at it.

What are governors doing with money?

And to u, how many people poorer than u have u blessed this year?
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by wolesmile(m): 12:18pm On Feb 14
OGHENAOGIE:
But bro, I am Yoruba, and I value tradition.
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by RichDad1(m): 12:38pm On Feb 14
Jayhome24:

Google is your friend.
You’re actually dumber than I thought. How old are you? How can you compare the head of a first world country to a grade 2 king of a small town like Asaba? Go and ask your parents for more clarifications.
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by adejobi34h: 2:51pm On Feb 14
RIP your Majesty Obi Chike EdozienRIP your Majesty Obi Chike Edozien...
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by m948: 4:00pm On Feb 14
Subscribe to watch, Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/@content-academy?sub_confirmation=1
Re: Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death by Magnetic010: 6:00pm On Feb 14
Jayhome24:

Ok go and ask King of England, King Of Belgium, King of Monacoo, King of Spain etc what is the function ok.
why getting emotional? I was expecting a logical answer something that explains what exactly it is they do to help the country economically

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife / Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin / Oba Gbadewolu Ogedengbe Fagbohun Is Dead: Father Of LASU VC Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.