Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice (8532 Views)

UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others / JAMB To Begin Sales Of 2020 UTME Form January 13. Announces Date For Examination / BUK Expels 22 Students For Examination Mal-practice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:27am On Feb 14
West African Body, WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice

The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has said that it withheld 7,192 results of candidates, who wrote the 2023 West African Senior School Certificate Examination for private candidates across Nigeria for various cases of examination malpractice.

SaharaReporters reported on Tuesday that WAEC had released the results of the 2023 West African Senior School Certificate Examination for private.

It had said that out of the total number of 80,904 candidates that sat the examination, 39,790 were males while 41,114 were females, representing 49.18% and 50.82%, respectively.

A statement signed by the acting Head, Public Affairs, WAEC Nigeria, Moyosola F. Adesina, for the Head of the National Office on Tuesday evening, said the seized results represent 8.89% of the total number of candidates that sat the examination.

According to the statement, the cases are being investigated and reports of the investigations would be presented to the appropriate Committee of the Council for consideration.

It noted, however, that the Committee's decisions will be communicated directly to the affected candidates at the end of its investigations.

According to the statement, "Out of the total number of candidates that sat the examination, 78,419 candidates, representing 96.93% have their results fully processed and released while 2,485 candidates, representing 3.07% have a few of their subjects still being processed due to some errors traceable to them.

"However, efforts are being made to speedily complete the processing to enable all the affected candidates to get their results fully processed and released, soon."

It said 46,267 candidates representing 57.19% obtained credit and above in a minimum of five (5) subjects (with or without English Language and/or Mathematics).

Also, according to the examination body, 35,830 candidates representing 44.29% obtained credit and above in a minimum of FIVE (5) subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.

It said, “Of this number, seventeen thousand, six hundred and thirty-one (17,631) i.e., 49.21% were male candidates, while eighteen thousand, one hundred and ninety-nine (18,199), i.e., 50.79% were female candidates.

“The percentage of candidates in this category in WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2021 and 2022 Second Series, that is, those who obtained credit and above in a minimum of five (5) subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, were 48.61% and 42.16% respectively. Thus, there is a marginal increase of 2.13% in performance in this regard.

“This analysis, however, cannot be compared with that of WASSCE for School Candidates. Whereas the candidates in WASSCE for School Candidates are compelled to sit eight or nine subjects, the candidates in WASSCE for Private Candidates, though can register for eight or nine subjects, are not compelled to take all.

“They are free to sit, even one subject, depending on the deficiency they want to remedy. For them, therefore, the examination is only a remedial one - a remedy for an existing deficiency. From the above, it will not be true or fair to say that the performance in this examination has dwindled.

“The results of seven thousand, one hundred and ninety-two (7,192) candidates, representing 8.89% of the total number of candidates that sat the examination, are being withheld in connection with various reported cases of examination malpractice.

“The cases are being investigated and reports of the investigations will be presented to the appropriate Committee of the Council for consideration. Thereafter, the Committee's decisions will be communicated directly to the affected candidates.”

It noted that examination was conducted in Nigeria between Friday, October 27, 2023 and Wednesday, December 20, 2023.

“The Coordination of Examiners and Marking of Candidates' Scripts were carried out at SEVEN (7) Marking Venues in Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Benin, Enugu, Uyo, and Kaduna from Tuesday, January 16, to Tuesday, January 30, 2024. A total of four thousand one hundred and sixty-two (4,162) Examiners participated in the Coordination and Marking Exercise,” it added.

“Eighty-five thousand, six hundred (85,600) candidates, representing 10.07% increase, when compared with the 2022 entry figure of seventy-seven thousand, seven hundred and sixty-eight (77,768), entered for the examination, while eighty thousand, nine hundred and four (80,904) candidates sat the examination at five hundred and sixty-eight (568) centres spread across the nooks and crannies of the country.”

SaharaReporters

1 Share

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by immortalcrown(m): 10:28am On Feb 14
Some of the seized results may belong to students who didn't do malpractice.

7,000 Tinubus at WEAC level. And for some of them, their parents deliberately sponsored the malpractices. The parents will be among those condemning Tinubu for certificate forgery.

Children will do afternoon lessons and holiday (summer) lessons from pre-nursery to SS2. Yet, the same children cannot pass WAEC, NECO and JAMB without malpractice. Once they get to SS2 level, they will leave the school and run to "miracle centres". So, what is the essence of the afternoon lessons and the holiday lessons?

The Tinubu we know is like a saint when compared to the Tinubus of the future.

17 Likes

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by gbaskiboy: 10:29am On Feb 14
What did you expect? Everyone wants to make money no one wants to read again.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by Ogiame: 10:35am On Feb 14
I am someone who outrightly condemn what is wrong no matter whose ox is gored, BUT Tinubu has set an example for the young ones to follow.

You cannot criticize these cheating students when your President engaged in the Chicago certificate forgery at Oluwole Printing Press.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by BrodaBenad: 10:47am On Feb 14
Ogiame:
I am someone who outrightly condemn what is wrong no matter whose ox is gored, BUT Tinubu has set an example for the young ones to follow.

You cannot criticize these cheating students when your President engaged in the Chicago certificate forgery at Oluwole Printing Press.

To be fair here

Tinubu didn't forge result he only forged certificate

1 Like

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by Ogiame: 10:49am On Feb 14
BrodaBenad:

To be fair here

Tinubu didn't forge result he only forged certificate

And the key word is........ “ ”

😊

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by Debater(m): 10:50am On Feb 14
Brethren... This is the order of the day for our young ones
Watch as someone will say it's impossible to pass external exams by studying only
Trust me, I didn't do this rubbish, I got into the university, graduated with a First class, and I now work for a huge company and I'm living well. It's not bragging, it's showing you the truth.
Never complain that the country isn't helping you if you ain't helping yourself

7 Likes

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by Customised3(f): 10:54am On Feb 14
Waris this 😕😮‍💨

1 Like

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by nony43(m): 11:44am On Feb 14
B
Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by Anguldi(m): 11:45am On Feb 14
Yekini Amoda Ogunlere

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by NaijaCover(m): 11:45am On Feb 14
Inukwa ooooo
Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by ikorodureporta: 11:46am On Feb 14
They shl jst enrol at yahoo college

1 Like

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by Angelfrost(m): 11:46am On Feb 14
Same shit every year...!

Many more still cheated and crossed undetected.
Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by bigdammyj: 11:48am On Feb 14
Noted.
Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by netmillionaires(m): 11:50am On Feb 14
What are you saying? I sat for WAEC in 2002. WAEC withheld my result yet I was not involved in examination malpractice. I have not seen my score till now. These people need to be sued.

immortalcrown:
7,000 Tinubus at WEAC level. And for some of them, their parents deliberately sponsored the malpractices. The parents will be among those condemning Tinubu for certificate forgery.

Children will do afternoon lessons and holiday (summer) lessons from pre-nursery to SS2. Yet, the same children cannot pass WAEC, NECO, and JAMB without malpractice. Once they get to the SS2 level, they will leave the school and run to 'miracle" centers. So, what is the essence of the afternoon lessons and the holiday lessons?

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by immortalcrown(m): 11:51am On Feb 14
netmillionaires:
What are you saying? I sat for WAEC in 2002. WAEC withheld my result yet I was not involved in examination malpractice. These people need to be sued.
Okay. Let me just edit the post to indicate that some seized results belong to students who didn't do malpractice.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by Mindlog: 11:53am On Feb 14
immortalcrown:

Children will do afternoon lessons and holiday (summer) lessons from pre-nursery to SS2. Yet, the same children cannot pass WAEC, NECO and JAMB without malpractice. Once they get to SS2 level, they will leave the school and run to 'miracle" centres. So, what is the essence of the afternoon lessons and the holiday lessons?

Reason I am not an advocate of all those lessons heaped on children, it is flooding and does not help the child long term!

1 Like

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by LordIsaac(m): 12:01pm On Feb 14
If they looked closely, they would find more. Genz!
Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by labake1(f): 12:03pm On Feb 14
Even with the CBT?
Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by Uhaniced: 12:03pm On Feb 14
They’re talking about exam malpractice not drug baron and criminality this one you’re bringing tinubu in.
immortalcrown:
Some of the seized results may belong to students who didn't do malpractice.

Children will do afternoon lessons and holiday (summer) lessons from pre-nursery to SS2. Yet, the same children cannot pass WAEC, NECO and JAMB without malpractice. Once they get to SS2 level, they will leave the school and run to 'miracle" centres. So, what is the essence of the afternoon lessons and the holiday lessons?

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by Parydelegate: 12:05pm On Feb 14
Lol

Some of them are celebrating VAL now...they place more emphasis on VAL than their WAEC exams.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by qanda: 12:06pm On Feb 14
Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by Haakeem(m): 12:10pm On Feb 14
Chai... E sweet me pa
Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by tunde1200(m): 12:10pm On Feb 14
Any negative things in the country you will see them mentioning Tinubu's name on it.

And most of these evil activities they are number 1 among the whole tribes.

Leave hate and move forward
Obi can never rule this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 12:14pm On Feb 14
Examination malpractice is the foundation of corruption in Nigeria. Most secondary schools rely on malpractice to pass waec and neco. You can't expect people who are product of such system to make any difference in the society.
Education is very important in the development of any nation.
Examination malpractice has rubbished the education system in Nigeria.

There are factors that have to be addressed like poor teachers renumeration, lack of adequate facilities and staff.
Some secondary schools have only 1 maths teacher teaching ss1 to ss3. Same with Physics, chemistry and biology
Some don't even have science lab, but they have students sitting for Physics, Chemistry and biology every year for WAEC. How will they pass without malpractice.

The government needs to declare a state of emergency on the education sector. I think only Universities are struggling to meeting up. Public primary and secondary schools are nothing to write home about in most Nigerian states.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by Benki003(m): 12:18pm On Feb 14
tunde1200:
Any negative things in the country you will see them mentioning Tinubu's name on it.

And most of these evil activities they are number 1 among the whole tribes.

Leave hate and move forward
Obi can never rule this country

Cry me a river 😭😂😂
Who's suffering now u or obi

Though am against linking the news to tinubu, but then who's the president again
Na tinubu 😂😂

1 Like

Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by gloryman91: 12:24pm On Feb 14
This body is going into extinction little by little.

Useless organization failing candidates that read and prepare very just because another candidate was catch cheating in a center.
Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by barinedan(m): 12:26pm On Feb 14
So what do you want us to do now
Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by Tywo2018: 12:27pm On Feb 14
Once CBT is introduced i know. Wo,Cheating will be exponential in all ramifications una never see anything. Nigerians that don't want to read before cry
Re: WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice by LaSenior: 12:30pm On Feb 14
Ogiame:

And the key word is........ “ ”

😊
forged .... cheesy cheesy don't mind that olodo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Those Waiting For Nasarawa State University Admission List Lets Meet Here / LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola / 7 Tips On How To Manage Stress On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.