Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Is 350k Rent Too Much - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is 350k Rent Too Much (808 Views)

I Earn 180k Plus Side Hussle, but got an Offer Of 350k In Jos / Every Thing Must Go For 350k!!! Family Is Relocating / Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 350k Rent Too Much by Jega2000(m): 12:37pm On Feb 14
I live in a selfcon that I pay 180k per annum, but I spend around 1000k-1200k on transportation daily to and fro... Yesterday my guy told me about, a nice 2 bedroom flat going for 850k to pay 700k yearly that we should share the rent, transport from there to my shop is 300 to and fro.. which one do you think is better..

1 Like

Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by Jega2000(m): 12:43pm On Feb 14
What do you think
Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by garriAndsugar: 12:47pm On Feb 14
If you love privacy I won't advice sharing apartment, you can look for a self contain apartment close to your shop instead

6 Likes

Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by Jega2000(m): 1:09pm On Feb 14
garriAndsugar:
If you love privacy I won't advice sharing apartment, you can look for a self contain apartment close to your shop instead
...a good Selcon around here na 650k to pay 480k yearly...
Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by SamuelLoch: 1:11pm On Feb 14
Jega2000:
I live in a selfcon that I pay 180k per annum, but I spend around 1000k-1200k on transportation daily to and fro... Yesterday my guy told me about, a nice 2 bedroom flat going for 850k to pay 700k yearly that we should share the rent, transport from there to my shop is 300 to and fro.. which one do you think is better..

First, happy birthday, man!
Blessings follow you, Amen!

Back to the matter...
Staying close to your place of work is amazing, honestly, but you still need to check for safety, security, relaxation, power supply, other bills, and above all, peace of mind, since you will be sharing.

From your narration about your daily fares, when you get the new space, you would be saving up nothing less than N700 daily. That's nearly N180k if you work on workdays.

Do you know this friend so well? Does your lifestyle match up with his? Have you guys discussed the sharing of bills?

Lastly, you're moving from N180k to about N350k, can you offset the rent at once easily?

Abeg, you fit mention the area? The N180k.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by Jega2000(m): 1:28pm On Feb 14
SamuelLoch:

Back to the matter...
Staying close to your place of work is amazing, honestly, but you still need to check for safety, security, relaxation, power supply, other bills, and above all, peace of mind, since you will be sharing.

From your narration about your daily fares, when you get the new space, you would be saving up nothing less than N700 daily. That's nearly N180k if you work on workdays.

Do you know this friend so well? Does your lifestyle match up with his? Have you guys discussed the sharing of bills?

Lastly, you're moving from N180k to about N350k, can you offset the rent at once easily?

... Thanks bro... I wish you well too... Na good guy Shaa... But him too dey carry woman
Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by Jega2000(m): 1:50pm On Feb 14
SamuelLoch:

Back to the matter...

...Na for south east... 130k selfcon dey self
Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by Mindlog: 3:03pm On Feb 14
Jega2000:
... Thanks bro... I wish you well too... Na good guy Shaa... But him too dey carry woman

Let's assume you go to your shop 24 days in a month at a conservative rate of N1,000 per day, that is N24,000 monthly .

Living closer (shared 2 bedroom apartment) , and still do 24 days in a month at a rate of N300 per day, that is N7,200 monthly.

So the monthly difference is N16,800.

In a year that would be N201,600

If you both can accommodate each other's lifestyle, then go for the shared 2 bedroom apartment.

1 Like

Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by Caaz: 10:54pm On Feb 14
Jega2000:
...a good Selcon around here na 650k to pay 480k yearly...
Abuja right?
Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by Ybholy(m): 12:42am On Feb 15
Don’t live with a friend that believes you’re earning more than him.

In short, don’t live with him. Simple.

Find a private apartment and live. Living with someone is costlier than you can imagine.

I’m talking from experience

3 Likes

Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by SamuelLoch: 7:14am On Feb 15
Jega2000:

Would you have an issue with that?
Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by SamuelLoch: 7:15am On Feb 15
Jega2000:
...Na for south east... 130k selfcon dey self

Make sense. Na Lagos I dey
Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by Lance008(m): 12:19pm On Feb 15
Before u share apartment mak sure say ur guy too dey earn if not Na u go pay all house bill
Flat over self com any day
The truth be say stay with your guy it might be a blessing everybody get connection so far he no be cultist because Na only cultist connection nobody need
Re: Is 350k Rent Too Much by BigYash: 6:37am On Feb 21
Shared apartment... Hmmm

I no fit advice person o.

(1) (Reply)

Am Looking For My Goodfriend Onome / Buying Gifts For Sister Or Could It Be Nigerian Gf / Do U Need Drycleaning N Laundry Services In Your Home Or Office, See Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.