Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament (31057 Views)

Meet Neymar's 11-man Gang Being Paid £10k-per-month Each To Follow Him Around / William Troost-Ekong And Wife Expecting A Baby / Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:24pm On Feb 14
ElasmoBranchii:

I don't know why people are saying Aina isn't good cause if they followed the tournament from the beginning they've seen that the guy is good. Some of them just watched the finals and started typing rubbish.

Yes the guy's performance in the final wasn't good but it was obvious that he was gassed out cause it was only in the 2nd half that he wasn't playing well.

I get the attack on Iwobi honestly he deserves it but not Aina.
the team overal was shabby so which majic should aina do... Simon should have started the final match not chukwueze.. perhaps osayi should have continued the final instead of zaidu return...
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by chopnaira: 4:28pm On Feb 14
blackmantis:

Iwobi was terrible at the beginning of the tournament but improved later on.

Aina was average and got worse.

No be say I Sabi play ball oh but Bassey was more consistent.
Bassey, Lookman and Simon were top notch.

1 Like

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Morphinne: 4:29pm On Feb 14
obinna58:
So Ola Aina that I watch play is the best African right back, damn this one don pass grace. Na juju

Nigeria have so much talents in the street but selection is based on privilege, if not we could have utilized our overpopulation to be amongst the bests in the world in every sector

Haller and oshimen should be there

You obviously watched only the final grin Very obvious

1 Like

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by KosiGee(m): 4:30pm On Feb 14
Watianoengineer:
Emilio Nsue plays in Spanish 3rd tier league as a right back yet he scored most goals in the nations Cup playing in an unfamiliar striking role. Our own fraud and so called African footballer of the year Osihmen just dey run around like headless chicken without any significant impact at the Afcon. He better remain in Naples and be scoring his Tap ins. No wonder napoli management named that winger their best player. Osihmen na overhype

You forgot that Emilio Nsue scored most of his goals against the Ivorians who later became the champion.

Victor Osimhen is a good player, he isn’t overrated, if Nigeria’s midfield was good, the pressure wouldn’t have been on him that much. He fought for the balls and his effort resulted in most of the goals that Nigeria scored.

4 Likes

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by chopnaira: 4:30pm On Feb 14
Watianoengineer:
Emilio Nsue plays in Spanish 3rd tier league as a right back yet he scored most goals in the nations Cup playing in an unfamiliar striking role. Our own fraud and so called African footballer of the year Osihmen just dey run around like headless chicken without any significant impact at the Afcon. He better remain in Naples and be scoring his Tap ins. No wonder napoli management named that winger their best player. Osihmen na overhype
You get it.
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by nyabinghi(m): 4:31pm On Feb 14
Ejyksneh:
Ola Aina has no business being in this list.......my grand mother would have played better than that ewedu muncher if she was alive.

Someone that the young man from Ivory coast called Adingra was running over him like he had no legs.

Ola Aina should be the worst player of the tournament, he caused us the lost of the final
no single smelly fufu eating savage is there,ewedu 1 fufu 0
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Okeoghenerobert: 4:34pm On Feb 14
Aina should be removed from the list
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by PureFace1(m): 4:37pm On Feb 14
Ejyksneh:
I learnt ewedu and too much red oil and pepper depreciates sense of reasoning, my father is still sound and agile, unlike yours that munching too much ewedu has affected his brain

That Ewedu make Two Yoruba to get on the best players list, Ola Aina and Ademola Lookman while no Akpu muncher get is on the list, the joke is on you and that's where your bitterness is coming from.

2 Likes

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Morphinne: 4:38pm On Feb 14
Watianoengineer:
Most of you have very minute football knowledge yet you put your big mouth into things you know nothing about. Comparing Osimhen to that guy is an unfair comparison. The question here should be how many dangerous passes/through passes were given to Osimhen by our lazy midfielders? How many chances were created for him?
Was he being wasteful or he just wasn’t getting enough chances? The later is true, they were simply not creating chances for him. The midfield was not just creative at all and we were only being carried by our well-built and well-coordinated defense line.

2 Likes

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Icuib4cu: 4:38pm On Feb 14
Ejyksneh:
Ola Aina has no business being in this list.......my grand mother would have played better than that ewedu muncher if she was alive.

Someone that the young man from Ivory coast called Adingra was running over him like he had no legs.

Ola Aina should be the worst player of the tournament, he caused us the lost of the final

If only you dey watch that youngan called adringa for Brighton then you'll know that, ola Aina had no chance against him.

1 Like

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by godwon01(m): 4:39pm On Feb 14
Ejyksneh:

. You don't use one misfit match he played to judge his overall performances. CAF has criteria to judge their selection.

5 Likes

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Geekop: 4:48pm On Feb 14
Natbrowny:

He played 10mins agianst Congo in the semis and full 90mins in the final.

Thats his appearance stats in the Afcon so far.

Oh Oh.
Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Azzik: 4:51pm On Feb 14
obinna58:
So Ola Aina that I watch play is the best African right back, damn this one don pass grace. Na juju

Nigeria have so much talents in the street but selection is based on privilege, if not we could have utilized our overpopulation to be amongst the bests in the world in every sector

Ola Aina deserve to be in the first eleven...he did very well overall apart from the final.

1 Like

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by abbyyzino(m): 4:54pm On Feb 14
Ejyksneh:

You are big fool. Ola was instrumental to our getting to final, he might not have the best game on the final but saying is the worst player of the tournament shows you lack brain

4 Likes

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by HBB1(m): 5:08pm On Feb 14
Olu1000:

Aina is rightfully one of the best in the tournament but was very tired for the final.Aina played left back against SA when Zaidu was injured (or suspended).Osayi - Samuel who played from the right against SA should have played instead of Aina for the final.Aina struggled throughout the final.The second goal by the Ivorians clearly showed it.He couldn’t cut out the cross.

Did they forbid doubling up against Adingra?

Don't multiple players mark tricky footballers like Robben or Messi?

Why leave the guy alone against a younger, faster Winger?

Blaming Aina is just wrong!
The guy was outstanding during the tournament.

2 Likes

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by HBB1(m): 5:20pm On Feb 14
OGHENAOGIE:
the coach starting chukwueze was a bad situation for Aina Simon always cover for him on the wings then perhaps osayi should have started too and he should have find a way to plug the middle the ivorians dominated..

Why could they not put an extra man on Adingra?

I remember days when Madrid will put 3 players on Messi, to suffocate him.

It was obvious Aina was struggling against the guy, so someone should have helped.

Anybody blamimg the poor chap has no understanding of football, or is being plain tribalistic.

5 Likes

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by femi4: 5:36pm On Feb 14
obinna58:

Aina was the good in all the games except the final
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Blazadenise(m): 5:49pm On Feb 14
Seeing aina in this list ehn.... All this people who came up with this list wont make heaven aswear
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by jeshrun44: 5:50pm On Feb 14
Ejyksneh:

Out of all the games played, you watched only the final ? And I guess you also heard when people said Aina lost penalty. So bad of you always be sure of what you are saying before coming online. Everyone, not only Nigerians know Aina was the best right back in the tournament. But he must have done something forbidden for him to play that way on the last day. No one was better than him in that role sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Arabk25: 5:51pm On Feb 14
obinna58:

They have no business in that list
Why will they be on the list on what ground?
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Tjra: 5:52pm On Feb 14
Christlike01:
Fair enough. My outstanding SE players of the tournament in no particular order.

1. Troost Ekong
2. Ola Aina
3.Ademola Lookman
4.Calvin Bassey
5.Simon
6.Nwabali
7.Osimhen

I particularly give it to the first-four players,they played their hearts out !
What of Onyeka?
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Nigeriagood(m): 6:16pm On Feb 14
Kingosytex:

Kvaratskhelia is a better player than Victor.
fool they don't play the same position
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Nigeriagood(m): 6:18pm On Feb 14
obinna58:

Abi

But what about his incomplete passes and bad crosses, that guy is just power and speed, he should switch to a central defender
did you watch the tournament angry
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by CoolAmbience(m): 6:35pm On Feb 14
lilfreezy:
osimhen had plenty of chances in the first three games and squandered them all. African best with only one goal grin. lmao.

Bassey and Onyeka deserve to feature

Nobody can convince me that Osimhen is a good player.

I refuse to fall for that deception. I am still in awe how he's Africa's best player.

1 Like

Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Streetmovement(m): 6:48pm On Feb 14
Sirheny007:
That Kessie is a beast.
Man bossed the whole midfield...turned the Nigerian players to kids.
undecided

Wotoporiously cool speaking

The way him boss for Barcelona and Ac Milan abi.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by optimusprime2(m): 6:50pm On Feb 14
Ejyksneh:

I can say You don't understand football because of my following arguments;

1. Versatility: Apart from Ola Aina, which other full back did you see in the concluded AFCON, that was capable of comfortably playing on the right or left with almost the same efficiency for his team?

Ola Aina did that perfectly while still delivering his sick throw-ins and whipping crosses from either foot... dude was acting like he was on play station.

2. Offensive play/defensive play balance: We all saw his Offensive runs and defensive recovery runs after offence (bear in mind that he was not given the licence to fully attack like Zaidu)... he was a Rolls Royce of a full back in terms of bursting forward and tracking back, which gave him a higher work rate by default.

3. Skill set: abi you no see am? Ola Aina was moving like a well oiled machine I am not even complaining... he had long throw ins, could dribble, on both feet, could cross on both feet, was good in the air-dude hardly lost an aerial duel, and he was a good zonal cover.

4. Ola Ainas heat map: football these days can be easily analysed due to heat maps... O Aina had heavy heat maps compared to any fullback in all games he played... check out the data yourself

To be honest Ola Aina outdid PSG's Hakimi by a mile ... I only blame Peseiro for opting to play defence fully instead of attack when the game needed it.

Analyse the heat map of the final game and you would understand where the fault was... 8 of Nigeria's players were functioning deep all the time, I mean how on earth do you want Alex Iwobi to play like Ngolo Kante?
Lookman had more touches in the defensive half because 8 players were fully stationed in defence.

Chukwueze could not link because he was isolated...

Look, I will give Ola Aina his flowers because he played sleek football. I knew he was the best RB in the AFCON.
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Olu1000: 6:58pm On Feb 14
HBB1:

Did they forbid doubling up against Adingra?

Don't multiple players mark tricky footballers like Robben or Messi?

Why leave the guy alone against a younger, faster Winger?

Blaming Aina is just wrong!
The guy was outstanding during the tournament.

Yes he was astounding but he was too tired for the final and shouldn’t have played.
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Mandesz(m): 7:31pm On Feb 14
obinna58:

When did u lost your sense finally?
Ola aina is the best in Nigeria defense. Better than even ekong, and Calvin
Re: Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament by Doublek101: 7:34pm On Feb 14
obinna58:

Aina did pretty well all games from start to finish. He deserves to be there no doubt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It / Barcelona 2-0 Espanyol: Lionel Messi Dribbles An Espanyol Player, Fans React / Guinea President Forgives Players For AFCON Exit, Demands Part Refund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.