Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,361 members, 7,826,409 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria (20272 Views)

Bring Your Container - Chicken Republic Tells Customers Amid Lagos Styrofoam Ban / Beautiful Paper Cake Dummies: An Affordable Alternative To Styrofoam Cake Dummy / See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by HateBigots: 10:56pm On Feb 14
cheesy... This Reps smoke weed daily ... is this the most important issue of all the problems we are currently facing in Nigeria?.

Recycling and proper waste management is the main problem not Styrofoam

Incompetent idiots

Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by tnerro1(m): 10:59pm On Feb 14
Just like how the west wanted to deceive Nigeria to reduce her factories because of climate change, oh wait, we no get industries self😁
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by redsun(m): 11:12pm On Feb 14
This group of people who have not worked out how toothpicks can be effectively manufactured in the country is trying to ban something that makes it easy for food vendors to market their products.I bet they are going to recommend palm fronds for wrapping foods.

How can they be concerned about climate change and pollution when there are no effective waste management structures in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by gaby(m): 11:18pm On Feb 14
When are they moving to ban hunger, poverty, and corruption?
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by JaskanFactor: 11:57pm On Feb 14
one would have thought Nigeria has far bigger problems than single use plastic issues, so the reps mentioned here must be working for colonial interest.

Ban plastic, legalise starvation, banditry, depopulation, kidnapping, terrorism , poverty ...............

Reps talking banning single use plastic in Nigeria is like someone in burning house complaining about lack of air freshener

May the God of all those facing starvation and committing suicide due to hardship punish all of you reps and those you really represent in life and beyond your grave Amen

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by ufotunang: 12:05am On Feb 15
It will lead to shut down of companies that manufacture this product... leading to high rate of unemployment...so government you better not ban the product

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 12:06am On Feb 15
Anything that can cause cancer should be banned, cancer is a terrible disease, HIV sef better pass am
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by MasterTeeUSA: 2:49am On Feb 15
You want cancer and more health issues...then keep using it. Educate yourself and you will see why it is not used in the US anymore in some states too.

Uyi168:
Misplaced priority
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by MasterTeeUSA: 2:51am On Feb 15
Many businesses have replaced it with paper or reusable plastic containers. Styrofoam is banned in Colorado, Maine, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Washington, D.C. New Jersey's was the most recent to be implemented, as its ban took effect on May 4, 2022.

For those who are ignorant and won't do simple research online, this is not new to Nigeria. The rate of cancer is alarming.

HeatSeeker:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/reps-move-to-ban-styrofoam-others-in-nigeria/
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by Originalsly: 4:29am On Feb 15
superCleanworks:

When will reps come out in public to make kidnapping punishable by death?

When will they gather to publicly speak against it?

People are being kidnapped in bundles like chaff but TAKE AWAY PLATE is the priority.

Why can't we stick to the topic and not talk about something else?

@ topic .... good move.... and have to beg for time to put it into effect. That's like an insult .... I'm proposing a ban but know y'all will be so dumb and make it effective immediately
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by colestephan86: 5:11am On Feb 15
HeatSeeker:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/reps-move-to-ban-styrofoam-others-in-nigeria/
It shows these rep don't know what they are doing, they had to wait for Lagos state to ba styrofoam before they discovered that they could debate it in the house. Bunch of useless lots
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by mignone(f): 6:01am On Feb 15
Johnjustice:
Why are they afraid of tackling the main issues?
They just have to get busy with nonsense, since they're insincere.
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by arantess: 6:28am On Feb 15
osmosis101:
Ai no dey yus am sef,bekos e no dey bellefu mi
Styrofoam no dey belleful you....

Interesting, how does styrofoam taste?
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by countryman13: 6:30am On Feb 15
Aust1n:
Ban this, Ban that… when are the reps going to forward a motion to Investigate how sophisticated weapons get into the hands of Fulani and Bandit that has hindered hardworking farmers from going to farm thereby plunging the nation into economic crisis as a result of food scarcity… You seat in AC to collect millions pushing rubbish motions! Group of wereys
God bless u bro! I don't think dt is what d citizens are crying for, at d moment but INSECURITY. Ban sachet Chelsea, Ban sachet Seaman, Ban sachet Eagle, Ban sachet Regal etc n now Ban Takeaway plate are nothing but ABSOLUTE RUBBISH! Secured our lives first. Were there no environmental experts and monitoring depts in place when these materials were introduced? BAT, I didn't vote for you because of my experiences with PMB administration especially in d area of security but kindly listen to Nigerians n use d good people around u to solve d problem of INSECURITY & HUNGER! Mind u dt d former caused d latter because farmers can no longer go to farm because of some few miscreants called bandits/kidnappers/armed fulani herdsmen! i rest my case
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by osmosis101(m): 6:33am On Feb 15
arantess:
Styrofoam no dey belleful you....
Interesting, how does styrofoam taste?

Trai tu ondastand,I min di kontent in it
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by billagreen(m): 7:26am On Feb 15
wman:
Ban Styrofoam and people will start blocking drainage with plastics.

Plus some evil sellers will rewash disposed plastics from gutters to reuse again.

That's been done already, I know of a place in Lagos island

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by Brushstrokes20: 7:41am On Feb 15
👀👀Yes o! Because Styrofoam is the cause of INSECURITY AND OVER THE ROOF INFLATION abi
# useless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY ANIMALS IN HUMAN SKIN!
# the shyyythole from fry pan to FIRE 💯💯🔥🔥🔥
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by autodoctor: 7:59am On Feb 15
Its chicken food. Rats love it too.
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by Ciroelgrande(f): 8:07am On Feb 15
Watch it, your business has a shelve life
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by Johilo(m): 8:08am On Feb 15
Next will be.....
Reps set to ban brothels and night clubs
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by Cmeo(m): 8:27am On Feb 15
No need to ban, tax it separately. The tax on it should be made available as loan to recycling companies to source and use it. This will generate more employment and money revenue for government.
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 8:31am On Feb 15
useless country
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by arantess: 9:06am On Feb 15
osmosis101:

Trai tu ondastand,I min di kontent in it
Honestly I doubt if anyone understands what you are trying to say.....but that's fine
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by Ikukuudo: 12:36pm On Feb 15
This bill no suppose pass second reading.

Misplaced priority angry

Face important problems, leave styrofoam alone.
Re: Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria by osmosis101(m): 2:44pm On Feb 15
arantess:

Honestly I doubt if anyone understands what you are trying to say.....but that's fine

I'm typing in yoru-english..

I'm trying to say any content of the styro dont satisfy me

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's That Food You Cannot Do Without Eating? / I'm Addicted To Eating Biscuits! / Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.