Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC (28231 Views)

Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC / Lagos Traffic Jams Disappear But This Isn't Good News For Nigeria - BBC / Lagos APC: Where Will Tinubu See New Naira Notes To Throw Into The Crowd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Exceed15: 1:59pm On Feb 15
themanderon:

The majority didn't vote Apc. Those ones have shown they are not ready for free and fair election so Nigerians may have to take it by force from them
The Bible said when the righteous are on the throne the people rejoice but when the wicked are to there the people groan.
APC has given Nigeria back-to-back devils as presidents but the current one is on another level when it comes to being nothing but pure undiluted evil.

Bro I agree with u. But they championed Muslim -muslim tickets. I believe in fairness. That alone is Evil. Muslims will never support Christian - Christian tickets. Infact the country will be in fire. See ehn if someone like zulum or sanusi contest with a Christian partner I swear I will vote them. Religion has set us backward .
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by TOMMYS: 2:00pm On Feb 15
gratiaeo:
If Tinubu can fight Fulani bandits disrupting farmers across Nigeria things wouldn't have been this bad but he's pampering them because of politics

It's just a gentleman agreement. Stay out of our business and take the seat .

But you cannot trust the core north when it comes to Nigerian politics. They will always betray you.

He betrayed the south to install a Northerner. The Fulani will never trust him

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by 3kay945(m): 2:02pm On Feb 15
Botragelad:

Mate, how can you be in dire poverty and keep having kids you can't look after. Isn't that being daft.

It's more of a vicious circle that keeps the parents and the children in pain and trouble. It's pointless to have more kids than you can care for, as it only makes things worse and harder.
It would be more wise and responsible to have fewer kids, or none at all, until you are ready and able to give them a proper and respectable life.

True talk bro.
I wonder why people not talking about our crazy population, many fools keep popping out kids they can't cater for and the government keep mute without any plan for the nearest future.
It is a common sense that those kids will eventually becomes menace to the society. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by TOMMYS: 2:04pm On Feb 15
a4cube:
Did they start having too much kids today? Tell the illegal president to do his work. He is the problem right now.

You mean do his work by destroying the Fulani terrorist so that farmers can massively go back to the farm. To ensure food security.

Bro. Egbado no fit do am. No be lie. Na middle belt man or Igbo man fit do.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by elmodee7(m): 2:08pm On Feb 15
Sad. Our rulers claim to believe in God they don't give a fk about the people. How can people of less than 0.20% control and destroy the lives a nation. Before the elections I said it loudly the BAT has no plans for Nigeria and he is only moved by his selfish ambitious. Obi , sowore or Osinbajo were the candidates. I pray this time Nigerians will stand up against these evil rulers who have over the years killed this country

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Kennyfancy(m): 2:13pm On Feb 15
Sctests:
Na serious die una dey..

Let the poor Nigerian die. They are the worst voters. Nature is simply doing it's natural cleansing of taking away idiots from the equation. The one's with good brains will survive, while the ones who are swayed by a cup rice and a N1,000 during the election will be removed from the equation.

In the next election, idiotic politicians won't have mass poverty-stricken idiots who they can bribe en mass, if hunger kills them off.

All things work together for good.

Elections have consequences.
GODbless you
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:15pm On Feb 15
happney65:

Thank you. His antecedents were in public for all to see.

The same way he did in 83 is the same in 2015.

I am not even angry against Buhari. The Man that brought him who is now President is no different from him. He is even worst than him in all ramifications

The mistake of 2015 will take a very very long time for us to remake

Welcome to the new Nigeria!
That mistake set us back 20 solid years.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:16pm On Feb 15
pquaver:

Blackmail always blackmail.. if gej stayed it would have been same story, it was already heading that direction.. Yesterday decisions determined today and that included your GEJ..

Maybe okonjo iweala was speaking French when she was warning us..

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html

Same thing they are telling you too now that this your obi is not a messiah... You dont want to hear... Is what u are accussing fellow nigerians of.

You’re either being deceitful or have a poor understanding of the issues!

Can you, hand on heart, assert that GEJ and his ministers would have mismanaged Nigerias’ economy, diversity/unity and international reputation the way Buhari did!? I’m sure you’ve heard it said that Nigeria has vast human and natural resource POTENTIAL, all it needs is the right fair-minded and visionary leadership to thrive!? OBJ met a socio-economic situation just as bad….if not worse than what Buhari met (including poor crude oil prices), yet managed to improve our situation as a country from how he met it! Every country has peaks and troughs in its economic fortunes (alluding to the Okonjo-Iweala quote you attached) but this is where good leadership and good economic management comes in to help steady the ship being buffeted by economic headwinds…..kinda like a good captain seeing his ship through a storm on the high seas!

When people remind you of your senseless choices in 2015/19/23, you point a finger at them and scream ’blackmail’!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Shikini: 2:26pm On Feb 15
Terrible
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by YourKarma: 2:26pm On Feb 15
PureFace1:
I laugh at most Nigerians foolishness.

The current economic crisis Nigeria is facing is inevitable no matter who became the president. CBN no longer have billion of dollars to keep defending the naira, no matter who became the president either Peter Obi or Atiku would have make the same decision as Tinubu by floating the naira when they see what Buhari left in CBN treasury. There's a reason why Tinubu is going hard on Emefiele it is no longer about the Cashless Policy but most Nigerians can't read the handwriting on the wall.

Shattap abeg. This nonsense is what y'all keep using to defend your stupid political choices that has put this shithole in this quagmire
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by YourKarma: 2:29pm On Feb 15
dalass:

This is all shades of wickedness. Gloating while people are groaning. I wonder the joy people derive from this gloating because they pretend as if e no consign them. Anyways, it is well.

E go favour me and family.. tongue

Let's hope they'll learn from their suffering
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Faposky95: 2:32pm On Feb 15
gratiaeo:
If Tinubu can fight Fulani bandits disrupting farmers across Nigeria things wouldn't have been this bad but he's pampering them because of politics

If, if...if
If I had the keys to our Leaders bathrooma.....
Imagine that...!!!!
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Twofoursix: 2:42pm On Feb 15
To everyone going through hard times, stay strong because you never see anything yet.
After now it go chock, your eyes go clear.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Princewell2012(m): 2:43pm On Feb 15
Botragelad:

t seems you lot have a problem understanding.

Now, if you know the country is in a bad way and you only manage to scrape by, why have kids you can't look after in the long run in case of emergency?
Unlike the one who has few or no kids compared to the one with loads of kids, who do you think is gonna suffer the most from the rubbish economy?`
We understand you but doing Jeg period those children have always been there. I think that's what is good for them anyway, since they decided to reward Jeg evil for his good despite what he did for them. Let them carry their cross
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by dalass(f): 2:47pm On Feb 15
YourKarma:

Africans and most especially Nigerian people should understand that whoever will enter as President will have Western backing.

From history, the British favoured the North so, Tafawa Balewa/Zik won.

More recently, instead of Obasanjo to debate Falae, he went to London, they endorsed him, he won.
Buhari too refused to debate others and went to London. He won

Ambassadors and High commissioners have been visiting Tinubu at home even before he became President. He too went to make a speech at Chattam house in London, he won.

The west will always protect whatever interests they have in Nigeria especially British.

Abióla who obviously won with the most transparent elections ever never got there, he was seen alive last by US people after an unscheduled and unexpected visit to him. That one probably did not agree to protect their interest. He's history today.

Suffering or protests cannot install a good president in Nigeria. God deliver us ni oh undecided
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by obaidan: 2:51pm On Feb 15
The roasted corn he even promised you people that made you vote for him, una no see

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by obaidan: 2:53pm On Feb 15
YourKarma:

Nigerians will NEVER learn, believe me if an election is conducted tomorrow, Tinubu go still win. Na stockholm syndrome curse. They are I love with their oppressors.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by InvertedHammer: 2:54pm On Feb 15
/
I believe the hardship is not bad enough.
After all people still get mouth to talk.
After the 2023 election, only a certified slowpoke will be sympathetic to the plight of Nigerians.

/

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by AmuDimpka: 2:55pm On Feb 15
NLCreator:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-68272830
don't worry we are "TEACHING THE IGBO A LESSON"

PETER OBI MUST LEARN THE LESSON THE HARD WAY .....EVEN IF ALL OF US RONUISTS AND HAUSA DIE

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by pquaver(m): 2:56pm On Feb 15
PROUDIGBO:

You’re either being deceitful or have a poor understanding of the issues!

Can you, hand on heart, assert that GEJ and his ministers would have mismanaged Nigerias’ economy, diversity/unity and international reputation the way Buhari did!? I’m sure you’ve heard it said that Nigeria has vast human and natural resource POTENTIAL, all it needs is the right fair-minded and visionary leadership to thrive!? OBJ met a socio-economic situation just as bad….if not worse than what Buhari met (including poor crude oil prices), yet managed to improve our situation as a country from how he met it! Every country has peaks and troughs in its economic fortunes (alluding to the Okonjo-Iweala quote you attached) but this is where good leadership and good economic management comes in to help steady the ship being buffeted by economic headwinds…..kinda like a good captain seeing his ship through a storm on the high seas!

When people remind you of your senseless choices in 2015/19/23, you point a finger at them and scream ’blackmail’!

We are talking of gej settong the ballrolling towards our economic downturn whivh okonj iweala pointed out ahead and you hypocritcal talk of the followers saying that is where good leadership comes in and i ask gej agood leader that okonjo iweala had to warn us? Yet everyday una no go lrt person hear word with during GEJ.. This exactly what u r doing woyh obi... Refusing to acknowledge their failures.. Oga gejand his monisters mismanaged the economy and i no carry water for mouth tell u.. It is a fact..

Stop it there.. Gej did improve anything... He was president 2010-2015 can u give us just 1 year during his time that was better than 1999 - 2009? Can u? So how d help did he improve?
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by ruffDiamond: 3:01pm On Feb 15
Rahkman:
One thing I know this northerners go begin follow cow eat grass.......na them get the highest poverty rate yet na dem vote nonsense pass.....igbo man no send u a na to Increase price and una no get choice but to buy.....na either you buy or you die na the 2 choices now
relax , I'm not into bigotry..I say things as I see am no matter your tribe or even mine,I no dey mince words.you see that line about people can't survive without patronizing igbo business or goods na absolute baloney undecided..I know for a fact they like creating and giving the impression that people can't survive or even live without buying stuffs from them is a complete lie and misconception.na only Igbo dey do business?mention one single legit business Igbo are into that you won't find other tribe equally into it as well.food? clothing,?oil?name it.. person just open mouth waaaa like flooded gutter dey cap rubbish..I don't even remember the last time I bought anything from themnot even food!the same Igbo claiming they don't have beggars..let me tell you , I've seen a few.one was going about with his young daughter with a lite(a kind of handheld musical instruments), singing and soliciting for alms(begging!)in Igbo,just recently somewhere in Abuja here..na almost everyone this bad economy dey suffer no dey tur am to tribal capping you hear, to each man im own,Dem no dey write act balance for face o
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by obaidan: 3:02pm On Feb 15
PureFace1:

The current economic crisis Nigeria is facing is inevitable no matter who became the president. CBN no longer have billion of dollars to keep defending the naira, no matter who became the president either Peter Obi or Atiku would have make the same decision as Tinubu by floating the naira when they see what Buhari left in CBN treasury. There's a reason why Tinubu is going hard on Emefiele it is no longer about the Cashless Policy but most Nigerians can't read the handwriting on the wall.

You should stop trying to rationalize the obvious uselessness of this government. Honestly is it so difficult for you guys to accept you voted for the wrong administrator of the nation's affairs.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by dalass(f): 3:02pm On Feb 15
PureFace1:

That Emefiele and Buhari combo was the worst ever, together with a rubber stamp thief Economic minister finished everything. EFCC and ICPC were just going after Yahoo boys.

They did absolutely nothing but steal to give money to those he called "poor" Fulani wanderers a.k.a bandits. They borrowed to be dashing monthly payments to "poor people" undecided

Buhari already did not make any provision for subsidy immediately he left office. CBN too was just Emefiele's tool to amass wealth for himself, family and friends. Feeding very fat and even crashing our economy to frustrate Tinubu by cash scarcity and all the agonies we passed through in the hands of that evil man. The thousands of souls that died will judge him and his generations forever.

Bureau de change now had forex whereas banks didn't have. POS operators fed and are still feeding fat on us... The network of banks saw hell due to too much cashless transactions. To buy anything became a horror.

They looted everything. Tinubu too was too much in a haste to effect those changes, i'm certain that Tinubu will still expose all, he's bidding his time I'm certain for things to stabilize a little because those northern people still idolize that walking corpse.

It shall be well

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by NOGRUDGES(m): 3:08pm On Feb 15
Moniya4Real:

Na wa for you o. But aren’t Almajiris Nigerians?

Some of them are.

On behalf of the Alamajiris, this is totally unacceptable
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Rahkman: 3:18pm On Feb 15
ruffDiamond:
relax , I'm not into bigotry..I say things as I see am no matter your tribe or even mine,I no dey mince words.you see that line about people can't survive without patronizing igbo business or goods na absolute baloney undecided..I know for a fact they like creating and giving the impression that people can't survive or even live without buying stuffs from them is a complete lie and misconception.na only Igbo dey do business?mention one single legit business Igbo are into that you won't find other tribe equally into it as well.food? clothing,?oil?name it.. person just open mouth waaaa like flooded gutter dey cap rubbish..I don't even remember the last time I bought anything from themnot even food!the same Igbo claiming they don't have beggars..let me tell you , I've seen a few.one was going about with his young daughter with a lite(a kind of handheld musical instruments), singing and soliciting for alms(begging!)in Igbo,just recently somewhere in Abuja here..na almost everyone this bad economy dey suffer no dey tur am to tribal capping you hear, to each man im own,Dem no dey write act balance for face o
u dey write epistle, whether na direct or indirectly u must patronise igbo man,what u wrote up there is the reason ur tribe can't compete with igbos when it comes to buisness,u think buisness na only from person u buy durect?? Lol u re funny

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:23pm On Feb 15
Wtf?
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Streetdoctor: 3:29pm On Feb 15
Botragelad:

Your government?
We last had govt in 2015, from 2015 down d lane has being so useless and dangerous to mankind
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Southwestidiot: 3:29pm On Feb 15
Botragelad:
Tell these people to stop having too many kids. You keep popping out kids you can't look after then you moan about it.

Why wouldn't there be a rise in poverty and crime when the kids lose hope and resort to other ways to survive.
are the kids killing the economy or tinubu's bad economic policies?
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by highchief1: 3:41pm On Feb 15
NLCreator:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-68272830
at some point we were eating this.today I’m a multi millionaire.life na mumu place
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by ruffDiamond: 3:43pm On Feb 15
Rahkman:
u dey write epistle, whether na direct or indirectly u must patronise igbo man,what u wrote up there is the reason ur tribe can't compete with igbos when it comes to buisness,u think buisness na only from person u buy durect?? Lol u re funny
no be indirectly ,na inversely proportional abi na square root sef.epistle indeed,lazy youth who can barely read let alone comprehend shit.the water and food in my house .na from Igbo man I buy am.lol
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by femicyrus(m): 3:47pm On Feb 15
happney65:
In 2015. We told them in simple and basic English.

You do not remove a nagging wife which was GEJ and replace her with a road side prostitute. It was the analogy I gave them.

I told my friends voting for these people then that you do not on no occasion vote for a Buhari.

A Buhari is the road side prostitute who will sleep with your neighbors and friends.

Either you replace GEJ with someone better or you leave him there. The ones coming will make things worst for us. His antecedents are glaring.

But with stupid emotions,they didn't listen so some of us stayed away from the polls in 2015. I wasn't ready to vote for GEJ again,but it would be over my dead body I would vote for Buhari because I know who exactly he was.

Coming down to 2023, The one taking over from him was even worst than him. All he said was Emilokan. He never promised us anything whatsoever.

It was just about him and his EGO. While a candidate was telling you and telling us we have to move from consumption to production. Mr Emilokan proudly said " shey na statistics we go chop"

How a presidential candidate can say that and so callee educated people still voted and campaigned for him is one of the wonders of the 21st century

24hours before his inaguration. I said it in black and white on my status that he will be worst than Buhari. Apart from the fact that he said he would continue from where Buhari stopped, Himself and Buhari are nothing but birds of the same feather

The Economy that was the fastest growing in Africa when they got power,has turned to the poverty capital of the world and our people are now poorer than they have ever been since 1960

See,This is just the beginning. We haven't started and we haven't seen anything yet at all

Brace up fellow Nigerians!

So you think this same APC people will remain as opposition for long without turning the country upside down?
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by AmuDimpka: 3:51pm On Feb 15
ruffDiamond:

LoL

My dear, if Igbo can survive 3 years civil war with all the blockade...they will survive Wella

During COVID 19 did you see how Yoruba were looting warehouse with Hausa ...how many Igbo did you see

How many 1million boys did you see in Igbo land like it was ok Lagos terrorising the homes

My dear...it's rare to see an Igbo begger...they are frowned upon ..just like seeing am Igbo man that is above 35 living with the parents

Last last ...the boxer you were, the phone you use the car you enter the spare parts and even the cream you rub all has Igbo footprint

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 / Kano Re-run: Police Send Reinforcement To Gama Ward / Nigerian Soldier Reacts To Boko Haram Getting N1m Daily & Soldiers Getting N1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.