Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC (28235 Views)

Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC / Lagos Traffic Jams Disappear But This Isn't Good News For Nigeria - BBC / Lagos APC: Where Will Tinubu See New Naira Notes To Throw Into The Crowd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Rahkman: 3:52pm On Feb 15
ruffDiamond:
no be indirectly ,na inversely proportional abi na square root sef.epistle indeed,lazy youth who can barely read let alone comprehend shit.the water and food in my house .na from Igbo man I buy am.lol
cry today cry tomorrow cry next week
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Johnjustice: 4:18pm On Feb 15
The West are full of shit...on one hand their IMF will tell Nigerian government to suffer the people more, with higher costs of utilities and energy, on the other hand their press will mock Nigeria. The West are definitely not our friend, if we are not friends, then are we their servants?

Why are our politicians always running to them for validation and aids, it's a shame.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Successlane: 4:18pm On Feb 15
Rahkman:
One thing I know this northerners go begin follow cow eat grass.......na them get the highest poverty rate yet na dem vote nonsense pass.....igbo man no send u a na to Increase price and una no get choice but to buy.....na either you buy or you die na the 2 choices now

This is exactly why it's IMPOSSIBLE for Nigerians to be united in protesting on a common ground.

Imagine your HATE for a whole REGION , not even a TRIBE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spit on your head.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by PrettyIfy7: 4:23pm On Feb 15
happney65:
In 2015. We told them in simple and basic English.

You do not remove a nagging wife which was GEJ and replace her with a road side prostitute. It was the analogy I gave them.

I told my friends voting for these people then that you do not on no occasion vote for a Buhari.

A Buhari is the road side prostitute who will sleep with your neighbors and friends.

Either you replace GEJ with someone better or you leave him there. The ones coming will make things worst for us. His antecedents are glaring.

But with stupid emotions,they didn't listen so some of us stayed away from the polls in 2015. I wasn't ready to vote for GEJ again,but it would be over my dead body I would vote for Buhari because I know who exactly he was.

Coming down to 2023, The one taking over from him was even worst than him. All he said was Emilokan. He never promised us anything whatsoever.

It was just about him and his EGO. While a candidate was telling you and telling us we have to move from consumption to production. Mr Emilokan proudly said " shey na statistics we go chop"

How a presidential candidate can say that and so callee educated people still voted and campaigned for him is one of the wonders of the 21st century

24hours before his inaguration. I said it in black and white on my status that he will be worst than Buhari. Apart from the fact that he said he would continue from where Buhari stopped, Himself and Buhari are nothing but birds of the same feather

The Economy that was the fastest growing in Africa when they got power,has turned to the poverty capital of the world and our people are now poorer than they have ever been since 1960

See,This is just the beginning. We haven't started and we haven't seen anything yet at all

Brace up fellow Nigerians!

Then you made a big mistake too.
Since you're aware that GEJ is better than buhari, why didn't you vote for GEJ?
At least to stop buhari from getting there.

You may not like GEJ but among all the leaders produced in Nigeria he is still the best.
Lootings happened under his watch, yes, but that's how the country is programmed.
He wanted to quietly reprogram the country but the corrupt politicians stopped him in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by PrettyIfy7: 4:27pm On Feb 15
nairalanda1:

If we had kept GEJ (And no, this does not mean we should have voted Buhari, there were 7 other candidates, including KOWA Party's candidate...great candidate too she was)...the same economic issues we were experiencing would have happened.

IN 2014, oil prices crashed. BY the end of the year GEJ was borrowing to pay salaries, AND finding it difficult to maintain subsides...infact in many places fuel was selling way above the offical price.

Unless GEJ had a plan to diversify the economy, we would have still ended up where we were, and we would have still had economic issues.

Seriously, this does not mean APC was the better alternative. The danger in APC was that they were promising increased spending on subsidy...the same subsidy that by the end of 2014 was already difficult to pay.

Fact is, the only way out of economic disaster in 2015, was if the candidate did as Macri is doing in Argentina, and cut subsides and excessive government spending. Neither GEJ Nor Buhari was going to do that, and as we can see, neither has tinubu either.

The problem with Nigeria is that we spend money we don't have helping the poor, and end up not helping them anyway.

The only way things could have been better after the oil price crash is if

1.We increased our tax to gdp ratio

2.We diversifed the economy

3.We totally removed subsides before Feb 2012. Yes, 2012 was the last time we had to remove subsides and absorb the resultant problems without any issues.

You people keep saying trash.
GEJ was borrowing money to pay salaries.

How many times did GEJ borrow money to pay salaries?
And how much in total did his govt borrow?

Make una de use una brain small. Abi na hatred de do una like this? SMH
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by nairalanda1(m): 4:28pm On Feb 15
PrettyIfy7:

You people keep saying trash.
GEJ was borrowing money to pay salaries.

How many times did GEJ borrow money to pay salaries?
And how much in total did his govt borrow?

Make una de use una brain small. Abi na hatred de do una like this? SMH

Thanks for being so abusive. Have a good afternoon, and greet your parents and family for me.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by maasoap(m): 4:39pm On Feb 15
Botragelad:
Tell these people to stop having too many kids. You keep popping out kids you can't look after then you moan about it.

Why wouldn't there be a rise in poverty and crime when the kids lose hope and resort to other ways to survive.

Always misyarn. As if couples with one or two kids are not feeling the same heat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by maasoap(m): 4:47pm On Feb 15
Sctests:
Na serious die una dey..

Let the poor Nigerians die. They are the worst voters. Nature is simply doing it's natural cleansing of taking away idiots from the equation. The one's with good brains will survive, while the ones who are swayed by a cup rice and a N1,000 during the election will be removed from the equation.

In the next election, idiotic politicians won't have mass poverty-stricken idiots who they can bribe en mass to sell their votes, if hunger kills them off.

All things work together for good. There is no need to sugarcoat anything anymore.

Elections have consequences.
Obi followers are constantly in "sifia" pain. And these are the people who just voted for the first time, abusing people for not voting for their preferred candidate. Tinubu is doing shitty job but who even told you that Obi would have done better because he equally vowed to remove fuel subsidy?
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by maasoap(m): 4:52pm On Feb 15
Franklyspeakin:
Wahala dey come. Am i the only one seeing it?

There is an imminent crisis coming and it worries me. Tinubu has to take charge before muslim fasting commences. I see the north starting a major uprising then. what could fuel this crisis is the increment in Electricity, Gas and PETROL.
Things are quite expensive and there is serious hardship in the land. Also if i where the president i will limit external travels. A coup could occur with the loud support of the north and silent support of the East. Wahala dey come ooo. DSS take note

A coup wouldn't be a bad idea or option at this point. Except that we will be under international sanctions again and it will cause another problem for the masses

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by rapheal5(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15
Franklyspeakin:
Wahala dey come. Am i the only one seeing it?

There is an imminent crisis coming and it worries me. Tinubu has to take charge before muslim fasting commences. I see the north starting a major uprising then. what could fuel this crisis is the increment in Electricity, Gas and PETROL.
Things are quite expensive and there is serious hardship in the land. Also if i where the president i will limit external travels. A coup could occur with the loud support of the north and silent support of the East. Wahala dey come ooo. DSS take note
Na my prayer be that, make military take over

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by SuccessfulRichi: 5:21pm On Feb 15
What do you expect from a country that's ruled by ogboni Men, evil men and satanists
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Arielle: 5:50pm On Feb 15
happney65:
In 2015. We told them in simple and basic English.

You do not remove a nagging wife which was GEJ and replace her with a road side prostitute. It was the analogy I gave them.

I told my friends voting for these people then that you do not on no occasion vote for a Buhari.

A Buhari is the road side prostitute who will sleep with your neighbors and friends.

Either you replace GEJ with someone better or you leave him there. The ones coming will make things worst for us. His antecedents are glaring.

But with stupid emotions,they didn't listen so some of us stayed away from the polls in 2015. I wasn't ready to vote for GEJ again,but it would be over my dead body I would vote for Buhari because I know who exactly he was.

Coming down to 2023, The one taking over from him was even worst than him. All he said was Emilokan. He never promised us anything whatsoever.

It was just about him and his EGO. While a candidate was telling you and telling us we have to move from consumption to production. Mr Emilokan proudly said " shey na statistics we go chop"

How a presidential candidate can say that and so callee educated people still voted and campaigned for him is one of the wonders of the 21st century

24hours before his inaguration. I said it in black and white on my status that he will be worst than Buhari. Apart from the fact that he said he would continue from where Buhari stopped, Himself and Buhari are nothing but birds of the same feather

The Economy that was the fastest growing in Africa when they got power,has turned to the poverty capital of the world and our people are now poorer than they have ever been since 1960

See,This is just the beginning. We haven't started and we haven't seen anything yet at all

Brace up fellow Nigerians!

Best comment here.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by wonlasewonimi: 5:50pm On Feb 15
This makes jollof rice looks so easy to cook.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Sctests: 5:55pm On Feb 15
maasoap:

Obi followers are constantly in "sifia" pain. And these are the people who just voted for the first time, abusing people for not voting for their preferred candidate. Tinubu is doing shitty job but who even told you that Obi would have done better because he equally vowed to remove fuel subsidy?

Agbadorians are experts at fact denial and self-deceit. Just because you failed woefully does not mean everyone would fail by fiat. You and your agbado master are not the best of the bunch in Nigeria. Embrace that fact!

Did you ever agree that Tinubu was going to do a shitty job and kill you lots with hunger? I thought you told us he was the best in economics and business administration, even though he never believed in statistics and proclaimed to everyone "na statistics we go chop?", Well, I guess na sand una go chop.

Even Buhari a cow-rearing buffoon has proven to best your agbado mongrel in the principle of basic economics.

You lots are too pedestrian and poor in thoughts, always good at processing everything from your ethnic prism. I pray nature continues to take its cleansing course of wiping you out of the equation. Then Nigeria will begin to get better going forward. More hunger to the hungry and easily swayed buffoon agbadorians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by confydoedowaye(m): 6:59pm On Feb 15
Botragelad:
Tell these people to stop having too many kids. You keep popping out kids you can't look after then you moan about it.

Why wouldn't there be a rise in poverty and crime when the kids lose hope and resort to other ways to survive.

Why are ppl liking this useless comment. Na children make the economy hard. Ofe mmanu and sentimental foolishness...
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by ruffDiamond: 8:01pm On Feb 15
AmuDimpka:

LoL

My dear, if Igbo can survive 3 years civil war with all the blockade...they will survive Wella

During COVID 19 did you see how Yoruba were looting warehouse with Hausa ...how many Igbo did you see

How many 1million boys did you see in Igbo land like it was ok Lagos terrorising the homes

My dear...it's rare to see an Igbo begger...they are frowned upon ..just like seeing am Igbo man that is above 35 living with the parents

Last last ...the boxer you were, the phone you use the car you enter the spare parts and even the cream you rub all has Igbo footprint
Ok ooo Mr Invincible Andy indomitable,the UGM menace currently ravaging East coupled with many cases cannibalism na wetin be dat? Yoruba and Hausa creation abi?using the word 'rare' don't matter a DAMN to me.fact is they exist and according to information available to me,in LARGE number too just that they'll rather do it in their region ,a few of them still travel to city to beg! Your chest beating and nzogbu attitude is the major reason many don't trust you guys..and for your information doesn't sell or of any effect anymore.one bastard that tried that nonsense nzogbu nonsense with me sometimes back,I had him picked up sharperly he was in custody for almost two before he agreed to return my money and even still had bail himself with plenty abeg undecided Igbo no dey return money really?you never jam confirm werey.all that Chest beating rubbish no dey work with me let me tell you.a lot depends on who you re dealing with.3years war?how is that my business?why haven't you make another attempt?no country anywhere in the world will support your agitation ,not even Iran,you Know why ?cos y'all established and earned a very bad reputation everywhere you go like MTN both home and away.stop the stupid chest beating.it already stale and jaded.
I come in peace

1 Like

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by maasoap(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15
Sctests:

Agbadorians are experts at fact denial and self-deceit. Just because you failed woefully does not mean everyone would fail by fiat. You and your agbado master are not the best of the bunch in Nigeria. Embrace that fact!

Did you ever agree that Tinubu was going to do a shitty job and kill you lots with hunger? I thought you told us he was the best in economics and business administration, even though he never believed in statistics and proclaimed to everyone "na statistics we go chop?", Well, I guess na sand una go chop.

Even Buhari a cow-rearing buffoon has proven to best your agbado mongrel in the principle of basic economics.

You lots are too pedestrian and poor in thoughts, always good at processing everything from your ethnic prism. I pray nature continues to take its cleansing course of wiping you out of the equation. Then Nigeria will begin to get better going forward. More hunger to the hungry and easily swayed buffoon agbadorians.

You talk too much, a sign of emptiness. Obi vowed to remove subsidy, the result could have still be the same with him.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by maasoap(m): 8:21pm On Feb 15
Arielle:

Best comment here.
The guy was ranting about how majority voted for Buhari and Tinubu and not his own preferred candidates and that made his comment the best? Shocking! The question is why his candidates turned out to be unpopular/losers if they were better?
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by aalangel(f): 9:22pm On Feb 15
Shut up BBC!!!
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by uzhiyeka(m): 9:54pm On Feb 15
nairalanda1:

Problem is not too many kids, it is not preparing the educational system to train the kids to build the economy

Added population is an advantage. There are many countries who would love to have our fertility rates.

The reason why we think our population is a burden is because most Nigerians do not pay taxes, and most government income does not come from taxes. If the income came from tax, population being large would be a blessing..future tax payers being born, enough tax for the aged pensions and government spending...and more workers to drive the economy.

But because most government spending is in the form of sharing oil money, extra births is an extra burden in essence.

But if attempts are made to increase tax to gdp ratio, that is where we would hear...the poor, we are poor.

Na who get work go happy to pay tax oo. No enabling environment for people doing business, no employment. People dey hustle for bread you dey talk of to increase tax as a solution. U na tax collector I swear lolz😃
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by AmuDimpka: 10:26pm On Feb 15
ruffDiamond:
Ok ooo Mr Invincible Andy indomitable,the UGM menace currently ravaging East coupled with many cases cannibalism na wetin be dat? Yoruba and Hausa creation abi?using the word 'rare' don't matter a DAMN to me.fact is they exist and according to information available to me,in LARGE number too just that they'll rather do it in their region ,a few of them still travel to city to beg! Your chest beating and nzogbu attitude is the major reason many don't trust you guys..and for your information doesn't sell or of any effect anymore.one bastard that tried that nonsense nzogbu nonsense with me sometimes back,I had him picked up sharperly he was in custody for almost two before he agreed to return my money and even still had bail himself with plenty abeg undecided Igbo no dey return money really?you never jam confirm werey.all that Chest beating rubbish no dey work with me let me tell you.a lot depends on who you re dealing with.3years war?how is that my business?why haven't you make another attempt?no country anywhere in the world will support your agitation ,not even Iran,you Know why ?cos y'all established and earned a very bad reputation everywhere you go like MTN both home and away.stop the stupid chest beating.it already stale and jaded.
I come in peace
let's teach Igbo a lesson
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by betshopagent(m): 10:41pm On Feb 15
Sctests:
Na serious die una dey..

Let the poor Nigerians die. They are the worst voters. Nature is simply doing it's natural cleansing of taking away idiots from the equation. The one's with good brains will survive, while the ones who are swayed by a cup rice and a N1,000 during the election will be removed from the equation. The country will be better for it.

In the next election, idiotic politicians won't have mass poverty-stricken idiots who they can bribe en mass to sell their votes, if hunger kills them off.

All things work together for good. There is no need to sugarcoat anything anymore.

Elections have consequences.
I love you bro, no homo. That's natural selection at work. Nigeria has the highest percentage of idiots domiciled in one entity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by betshopagent(m): 11:31pm On Feb 15
Successlane:

This is exactly why it's IMPOSSIBLE for Nigerians to be united in protesting on a common ground.

Imagine your HATE for a whole REGION , not even a TRIBE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spit on your head.
The north has never protested against a bad government because they are actually the Bad Government itself. They always breed and present bad leaders to the nation. Presently, no sensible individual should protest anything. Let the north do the protest themselves. I spit on you too
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Tendd: 12:54am On Feb 16
Nothing wrong in eating this sort of rice,as long as it is not harmful.During famine or hunger, one is obliged to resort to alternative means.lt's trying time for most of us.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Sctests: 3:55am On Feb 16
maasoap:

You talk too much, a sign of emptiness. Obi vowed to remove subsidy, the result could have still be the same with him.

Hello maosoodu, you are very pedestrian.
Na die you still dey for this agbado administration after you are done teaching Peter Obi a lesson.. grin
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by PlanetZero: 8:52am On Feb 16
newnigerdelta00:

Owner mumu o ,so anything bloggers write owner go just believe their rubbish....why government nor go take owner play, owner mumu too much

I'm notntalking about blogger. I'm talking about reality on ground. Except you buy from different market.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Nlandmodesfku: 9:25am On Feb 16
And it's just getting started. Mark this, we're going to face a full-blown famine. The power hungry charlatans have destroyed the country. Soon, everyone will go their separate ways
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:08am On Feb 16
Price of toto go cheap now walahitalai
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by maasoap(m): 11:02am On Feb 16
Sctests:

Hello maosoodu, you are very pedestrian.
Na die you still dey for this agbado 'comments after you are done teaching Peter Obi a lesson.. grin
I didn't have to teach Peter Obi any lesson, I voted for my candidate. And it wasn't my fault Obi lost the election to Tinubu, deal with your loss, deal with your sorrow.
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by Sctests: 12:25pm On Feb 16
maasoap:

I didn't have to teach Peter Obi any lesson, I voted for my candidate. And it wasn't my fault Obi lost the election to Tinubu, deal with your loss, deal with your sorrow.

No you tried to teach him a lesson, but it backfired on your agbado skull. Deal with your emilokan-induced hunger. cheesy
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by GmoreG: 2:59pm On Feb 16
Haaa
It's a pity cry cry
Re: Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC by TheOgaBoss: 3:11pm On Feb 16
maasoap:

The guy was ranting about how majority voted for Buhari and Tinubu and not his own preferred candidates and that made his comment the best? Shocking! The question is why his candidates turned out to be unpopular/losers if they were better?
tribal.amf.religious sentiments made him unpopular, same parochial sentiments that made buhari and tinubu popular.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio / Ademola Adeleke: A Lot Of Osun State's Money Is Taken To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.