Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane (23595 Views)

Nigerians Can Travel, Do Business With 120 Countries Without Visa / In A Plane At 30,000ft & Pilots Are Fighting Like This, What Will You Do?(Pic) / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by bablojnr: 12:01pm On Feb 15
https://independent.ng/guinness-world-records-nigerian-traveler-sets-to-tour-54-african-countries-by-road-sea/

https://allure.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/ileri-babalobi/

My name is Ileri Babalobi and I am trying to become the 1st African to visit all 54 African countries without using a plane. In the process,I plan to set 2 Guinness world records and Raise money for the Nigerian Red Cross. I expect to take about 6months. Here's why I'm doing this

I've been backpacking for nearly 10 years now. I have been to all 36 states of Nigeria, and when I lived in Ghana, all the 16 regions there as well as over a dozen African countries. i've been trying to visit all African countries for a long time and I'm finally close to doing it

On the trip I'll be exploring the culture and visiting the Tourist Areas of each place I visit and stream it on YouTube here https://youtube.com/@africatours . I've always been interested in how people in other cultures and places live. Which brings me to why I'm making this trip . ..

1) Im very Pro Nigerian and without being facetious, I've always wanted to do something for her Gratis . I hope to raise a lot of money for the Nigerian Red Cross. The official name of the attempt is Naija to the World and at each Border I'll take a picture with the Nigerian flag.

2 I want to show how people in other countries live
3 I would be promoting the Borderless Africa campaign by Africans Rising, which seeks to remove barriers to migration ( such as expensive visas) among African Nations.
4) it's a Chance to fulfill a life long personal dream .

I'll leave from Lagos in March and I plan to do a daily summary here on nairaland everyday , as well as two YouTube videos of the days adventures.
Advice and tips are welcome

@

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by EreluRoz: 12:04pm On Feb 15
Ok we are waiting

7 Likes

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Cjnr: 12:08pm On Feb 15
Best of luck bro.

But be careful, and hope you have a team and family ready to pay the ransom if you are kidnapped?

Because I sure say you no fit move like this without meeting kidnappers and arm robbers.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Offpoint1: 12:13pm On Feb 15
cheesy
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Shellsploit: 12:13pm On Feb 15
Amazing development
Sha no pass ogun region before you become headless with your mandate!

Speaking from experience

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by babaRUNtinz(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15
Good luck oo

2 Likes

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Klington: 12:13pm On Feb 15

How will this bring down the price of foodstuffs in Nigeria.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by BolajiBright: 12:13pm On Feb 15
Rooting for you my guy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by yewit37486: 12:14pm On Feb 15
All the best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by obajoey(m): 12:14pm On Feb 15
maybe before you come back nigeria go don comot for where e dey go permanent site grin

17 Likes

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by maxiuc(m): 12:14pm On Feb 15
Hehehehe

Na for Somalia dem go disconnect your network

Enter Somalia borders you will disappear from radar

5 Likes

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Parydelegate: 12:14pm On Feb 15
Try to visit BAT in Abuja first to get his blessings before commencing this journey grin
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Anguldi(m): 12:14pm On Feb 15
Another gazelle gragra tongue Eat well oOoOO

2 Likes

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Cassandraloius: 12:14pm On Feb 15
Enjoy to the fullest.

2 Likes

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by mariovito(m): 12:15pm On Feb 15
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by BBIA: 12:15pm On Feb 15
grin
I will be reading about you progress eating pop corn.

I wish you luck on Somalia, Libya, Sudan roads cool

May God protect you from kidney harvesters . cool

8 Likes

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Sonnobax15(m): 12:15pm On Feb 15
lipsrsealed
Travelling na part of education......One thing I'd really love to do in this life is to travel around the world.....Make money come to at least achieve this dream...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by tuoyoojo(m): 12:16pm On Feb 15
I hope he has good security network
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by chris4gold(m): 12:16pm On Feb 15
Following keenly.

4 Likes

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by JackWolfskin: 12:16pm On Feb 15
The main problem is usually DR Congo, you can't go through it to the East.

You have to go around. Safe trip bro.

6 Likes

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by FireUpNow(m): 12:17pm On Feb 15
Good luck in your GWR of visiting all 54 African nations. May God almighty guide and be with you all through your journey and lead you home safely and healthy, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

9 Likes

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by SimpleDan3: 12:17pm On Feb 15
Enjoy your trip.

1 Like

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Exceed15: 12:17pm On Feb 15
Very risky adventure. We too dey copy oyibo people.

1 Like

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by feldido(m): 12:17pm On Feb 15
Everyone's dream... Traveling and exploring the world

2 Likes

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by bestman09(m): 12:17pm On Feb 15
angry
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Coolbreeze1988(m): 12:18pm On Feb 15
Best of luck but above all PLEASE BE CARE AND BE SAFE

4 Likes

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by kuntash: 12:19pm On Feb 15
That Itchy boot lady on youtube is giving so much updates on her journeys.

maybe its for you to take a peep so you dont get negative surprises because some African countries are really not that safe at the moment, I hope you know Sudan, Congo, Mali and Somalia are in Africa
bablojnr:
https://independent.ng/guinness-world-records-nigerian-traveler-sets-to-tour-54-african-countries-by-road-sea/

My name is Ileri Babalobi and I am trying to become the 1st African to visit all 54 African countries without using a plane. In the process,I plan to set 2 Guinness world records and Raise money for the Nigerian Red Cross. I expect to take about 6months. Here's why I'm doing this

I've been backpacking for nearly 10 years now. I have been to all 36 states of Nigeria, and when I lived in Ghana, all the 16 regions there as well as over a dozen African countries. i've been trying to visit all African countries for a long time and I'm finally close to doing it

On the trip I'll be exploring the culture and visiting the Tourist Areas of each place I visit and stream it on YouTube here https://youtube.com/@africatours . I've always been interested in how people in other cultures and places live. Which brings me to why I'm making this trip . ..

1) Im very Pro Nigerian and without being facetious, I've always wanted to do something for her Gratis . I hope to raise a lot of money for the Nigerian Red Cross. The official name of the attempt is Naija to the World and at each Border I'll take a picture with the Nigerian flag.

3 I would be promoting the Borderless Africa campaign by Africans Rising, which seeks to remove barriers to migration ( such as expensive visas) among African Nations.

I'll leave from Lagos in March and I plan to do a daily summary here on nairaland everyday , as well as two YouTube videos of the days adventures.

@
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by 2busy: 12:19pm On Feb 15
Nice move
I wish you all the best brother.
But I'm curious, what's your plan to navigate to island like Sao Tome and Principle and country like Equatorial Guinea ?
bablojnr po andst=128466191:

@

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Tragic Accident Along Abeokuta-shagamu Expressway / A Visit To JJT Park, Lagos State. / Seme Border: Ban On Vehicle Importation Still In Force - Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.