Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,115 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane (23593 Views)

Nigerians Can Travel, Do Business With 120 Countries Without Visa / In A Plane At 30,000ft & Pilots Are Fighting Like This, What Will You Do?(Pic) / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by AngelicBeing: 12:43pm On Feb 15
cheesy
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Shellsploit: 12:44pm On Feb 15
bunmconig:

Wait bro!! Are you headless?? shocked

Speaking from experience

1 Like

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by KosiGee(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15
bablojnr:

Thank you . I would appreciate if you give me a follow on YouTube. Search " ileri babalobi " on YouTube

How do you fund this?
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by bablojnr: 12:55pm On Feb 15
2busy:
Nice move
I wish you all the best brother.
But I'm curious, what's your plan to navigate to island like Sao Tome and Principle and country like Equatorial Guinea ?

I'll go by sea. Also you can reach E.Guinea by land too
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by galileo180(m): 12:56pm On Feb 15
If you have the money to fund these travels why not just give it to the Nigeria Red Cross society and save yourself the stress and risk. Just come out plane about your dream of touring African countries instead of using innocent NRC as an excuse just to give meaning to your meaningless adventure.

1 Like

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by bablojnr: 12:57pm On Feb 15
kuntash:
That Itchy boot lady on youtube is giving so much updates on her journeys.

maybe its for you to take a peep so you dont get negative surprises because some African countries are really not that safe at the moment, I hope you know Sudan, Congo, Mali and Somalia are in Africa

Understandable. I've been to over a dozen African countries myself. I know what to expect
. I've also been to all the 36 states of Naija. But I follow itchy boots too

1 Like

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Shawlambivert(m): 12:59pm On Feb 15
All the best wishes in your adventure bro. Stay safe.

1 Like

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by bablojnr: 1:05pm On Feb 15
galileo180:
If you have the money to fund these travels why not just give it to the Nigeria Red Cross society and save yourself the stress and risk. Just come out plane about your dream of touring African countries instead of using innocent NRC as an excuse just to give meaning to your meaningless adventure.

You asked the question in a thoughtless and unintelligent manner, although there's a glimmer of a logical query lurking behind that.

Firstly I can raise a lot more money for the red cross over 9 months of travel and adventure than by giving them whatever money you might think I have.
Additionally, I am going by road so it's cheaper ,but I don't even have to have all the money to do it. I can raise money from sponsors ( already done that from one or two) in a way that won't be possible if I simply gave money to the red cross. I can also get goodwill from people and as a matter of fact some organisations have already promised to help me if stranded in over a dozen of those countries. That help could also include free accomodation, saving me money for some places.

I can also have the adventure of a lifetime and fulfill a lifelong dream. And even raise the profile of myself or my business.
And I can do something for my country all at once.

I'm replying not just for you, but for others who may be wondering the same thing but are not as uncouth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Prosperity4All: 1:05pm On Feb 15
bablojnr:
https://independent.ng/guinness-world-records-nigerian-traveler-sets-to-tour-54-african-countries-by-road-sea/

https://allure.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/ileri-babalobi/

My name is Ileri Babalobi and I am trying to become the 1st African to visit all 54 African countries without using a plane. In the process,I plan to set 2 Guinness world records and Raise money for the Nigerian Red Cross. I expect to take about 6months. Here's why I'm doing this

I've been backpacking for nearly 10 years now. I have been to all 36 states of Nigeria, and when I lived in Ghana, all the 16 regions there as well as over a dozen African countries. i've been trying to visit all African countries for a long time and I'm finally close to doing it

On the trip I'll be exploring the culture and visiting the Tourist Areas of each place I visit and stream it on YouTube here https://youtube.com/@africatours . I've always been interested in how people in other cultures and places live. Which brings me to why I'm making this trip . ..

1) Im very Pro Nigerian and without being facetious, I've always wanted to do something for her Gratis . I hope to raise a lot of money for the Nigerian Red Cross. The official name of the attempt is Naija to the World and at each Border I'll take a picture with the Nigerian flag.

2 I want to show how people in other countries live
3 I would be promoting the Borderless Africa campaign by Africans Rising, which seeks to remove barriers to migration ( such as expensive visas) among African Nations.
4) it's a Chance to fulfill a life long personal dream .

I'll leave from Lagos in March and I plan to do a daily summary here on nairaland everyday , as well as two YouTube videos of the days adventures.
Advice and tips are welcome
@
Which international passport are you traveling with,
please highlight the ease or difficulty at points of entry. Safe trip
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by eepeepook: 1:07pm On Feb 15
He looks fit enough. Good luck. Our “Nairaland brother” fit don collapse for him production effort. Him thread empty, no update for the matter.
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Draslo(m): 1:09pm On Feb 15
bablojnr:
https://independent.ng/guinness-world-records-nigerian-traveler-sets-to-tour-54-african-countries-by-road-sea/

My name is Ileri Babalobi and I am trying to become the 1st African to visit all 54 African countries without using a plane. In the process,I plan to set 2 Guinness world records and Raise money for the Nigerian Red Cross. I expect to take about 6months. Here's why I'm doing this

I've been backpacking for nearly 10 years now. I have been to all 36 states of Nigeria, and when I lived in Ghana, all the 16 regions there as well as over a dozen African countries. i've been trying to visit all African countries for a long time and I'm finally close to doing it

On the trip I'll be exploring the culture and visiting the Tourist Areas of each place I visit and stream it on YouTube here https://youtube.com/@africatours . I've always been interested in how people in other cultures and places live. Which brings me to why I'm making this trip . ..

1) Im very Pro Nigerian and without being facetious, I've always wanted to do something for her Gratis . I hope to raise a lot of money for the Nigerian Red Cross. The official name of the attempt is Naija to the World and at each Border I'll take a picture with the Nigerian flag.

3 I would be promoting the Borderless Africa campaign by Africans Rising, which seeks to remove barriers to migration ( such as expensive visas) among African Nations.

I'll leave from Lagos in March and I plan to do a daily summary here on nairaland everyday , as well as two YouTube videos of the days adventures.

@
Rich people hobbies
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by U09ce: 1:12pm On Feb 15
I wish you a safe trip. I'm pinning this thread right away. Just yesterday, I started reading about the exploits of Henrich Barth in Africa more than a century ago. I felt that it will be good for Africans to do such exploration
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by bablojnr: 1:13pm On Feb 15
KosiGee:

How do you fund this?
FIRSTLY I'M STILL LOOKING FOR SPONSORS SO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP WITH THAT IS WELCOME. I APPLIED TO SO MANY PLACES BUT MOST TURNED IT DOWN. THATS A WHOLE STORY ON ITS OWN .
I'll do a video or a post about it later.
It's very expensive as you can imagine and im still looking for sponsors. It costs tens of millions and the recent naira drop isn't helping matters.
But I've gotten one or two sponsors. Who aren't even corporate sponsors oh. Just NGOs and one or two people.
Some of my friends are pitching in a small amount ( less than one million) along with a couple of wealthy people I met have said they will support. I'll also definitely be spending my own money . The total budget isn't even complete and I hope to complete it either from YouTube earnings or gofundme or other sponsorships I'll get along the way.
The advantage I have is that am going by road and also some organisations/people are going to be giving me accommodation and feeding in over a dozen of those countries from West to east to central africa. I'll talk about these later

Also I have been to over a dozen African countries and have made friends/contacts in some of those countries who will help out as well
Even at that the total budget is still a lot and I'm still coming up with ways to do it.
But I have been planning for over eight months now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by sexydebo(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15
It's a risky adventure but I go cheer for you......

I have it in mind to do something like this sometimes too....
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by bablojnr: 1:14pm On Feb 15
U09ce:
I wish you a safe trip. I'm pinning this thread right away. Just yesterday, I started reading about the exploits of Henrich Barth in Africa more than a century ago. I felt that it will be good for Africans to do such exploration

Thanks a lot Boss. I'm super grateful.
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by HopeAlive21: 1:18pm On Feb 15
I had known about this man as far back as 2016..SDS group... I root for you man!.... Journey safe
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by JJBROS(m): 1:21pm On Feb 15
Another Ajala in the making

1 Like

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Olabode211: 1:25pm On Feb 15
The thing wey i dey face like this ehn,i just dey use nairaland they relief the pain..may ur creator see you through oo
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by FireUpNow(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15
bablojnr:

Amen . Thank you

I add a very loud and thunderous Amen to it 👃👃👃
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Josbreed: 1:33pm On Feb 15
Dis one don chop belle full.
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by iswallker(m): 1:34pm On Feb 15
Shellsploit:
Amazing development
Sha no pass ogun region before you become headless with your mandate!

Speaking from experience

The headless fellow... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Shellsploit: 1:38pm On Feb 15
iswallker:

The headless fellow... cheesy grin

grin grin
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by October1960: 1:46pm On Feb 15
Father4all:
Careful oo. Before Yoruba people kee you there

🤣
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by whitejs: 1:53pm On Feb 15
Be careful o

Safe trip
Go in peace
Come in peace ✌️
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by pansophist(m): 2:20pm On Feb 15
How will he get a visa to visit all African countries?
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Rodinat: 2:25pm On Feb 15
Safe trip, rooting for you
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by gentlemate00: 2:58pm On Feb 15
Quick question bro, on what Passport are you travelling with bro? Just curious to know

bablojnr:

@
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Melonsmasher: 3:14pm On Feb 15
The first animal to visit 54 African countries
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by TheMensch(m): 3:23pm On Feb 15
Safe trip sir
Really inspiring
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by NikoDeBonAmi(m): 4:26pm On Feb 15
Inosky:
I don't think this guy understand the situation of thing Africa now. The insecurity and coup d'etat, coupled with poverty. No country in Africa is in good shape now. Let the bad guys not dev0ur you. For me I can't embark on that journey. Even if I will, not this period because it's to risky. Good luck though.

Do you know that Nigeria is the most dangerous country right now in Africa? If you can comfortably live in the most dangerous country in Africa then the guy a far safer traveling to any other African country
Re: Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane by Konquest: 4:43pm On Feb 15
bablojnr:

@
That's impressive. I'm a big fan of international cultures and leisure travels as well.

Stay at alert when you get to Mali which is undergoing an insurgency war against three Islamist groups since the military first took over in that country, and Somalia as well. Better to stay NOT too far from the capital cities and other commercial cities.

Journey mercies... All the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Tragic Accident Along Abeokuta-shagamu Expressway / A Visit To JJT Park, Lagos State. / Seme Border: Ban On Vehicle Importation Still In Force - Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.