Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues (1554 Views)

David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies / Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger / Tinubunomics: Dissecting Tinubu’s Economic Track Records - Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Gistsnaijamedia: 2:47pm On Feb 15
The naira dipped to N1,600 against the dollar on Thursday as Nigeria’s economy continues to hurt under President Bola Tinubu’s watch.

According to Aboki Forex, the naira plunged to N1,600 to $1 despite efforts by the Central Bank of Nigeria to salvage the free fall of the naira.

Though the naira had been on a downward trend against the dollar before Mr Tinubu assumed office last May, the naira’s freefall accelerated following the floating of the currency.

https://gists9ja.com.ng/2024/02/15/braking-naira-falls-to-n1600-per-1-as-tinubus-economic-collapse-continues/

1 Share

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Xscape1993(m): 2:48pm On Feb 15
I am not even surprised ooo. May the gods of this land punish this evil party call APC.

7 Likes

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by christejames(m): 2:52pm On Feb 15
God 'Airpause' shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pastor Adeboye, that your prophecy go ever come to reality so shocked abi make we dey wait undecided

1 Like

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Enemiesmasquera: 3:11pm On Feb 15
It's heading to 2k soon. Tinubu is a monumental failure

11 Likes

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by RepoMan007: 3:16pm On Feb 15
The sad economic news goes from daily update to almost hourly update.
Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Built2last: 3:35pm On Feb 15
Xscape1993:
I am not even surprised ooo. May the gods of this land punish this evil party call APC.

and their supporters please. Their choices brought this untold hardship.

7 Likes

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 3:37pm On Feb 15
London bridge has falling down, falling down, falling down oooooohhhhhhhhhhh , Kai .
APC Thieftinubu Baba blu Afonjaa has finished Nigeria beyond repair shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by gaby(m): 3:50pm On Feb 15
The naira is confidently floating into the Atlantic Ocean...

All hail the jagaban borgu...

1 Like

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by SpatialKing(m): 3:56pm On Feb 15
Where are all the Tinubu's supporters this is time to protest

2 Likes

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Deogratiasfx: 4:28pm On Feb 15
SpatialKing:
Where are all the Tinubu's supporters this is time to protest

Same people that are waiting for 2027 to vote him again?
I am so happy Dollars is increasing. Bad news for the nation but congratulations to me.
We warn people but they called us names. today we are the ones enjoying the bad state of the naira.

3 Likes

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by dynicks(m): 4:35pm On Feb 15
Tinubu until somepeople decides to shun tribal bigotry and hate ......

Meanwhile I'm seeing Peter obi and the obidients being taught serious lessons while the league of agbadorians are living the lavida loca lifestyles..!!

4 Likes

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Caramia2020(m): 4:52pm On Feb 15
There's fire on the mountain, I'm afraid it might reach #2,000 by May, it's well.
Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Dubetex96(m): 4:56pm On Feb 15
Tinubu will handle economy

Shetima will handle security

You guys think that someone who graduated from a Secondary School before it was established will give you Good Governance, right

Ok then.

Men mount on this solid mandate

4 Likes

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Babalegba(m): 4:57pm On Feb 15
Deogratiasfx:

Same people that are waiting for 2027 to vote him again?
I am so happy Dollars is increasing. Bad news for the nation but congratulations to me.
We warn people but they called us names. today we are the ones enjoying the bad state of the naira.
So you are one of the economic saboteurs.Shame on you.
Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Seunpapa65: 4:59pm On Feb 15
Tinubu didn't promise anyone anything even agbadorian said so

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Dubetex96(m): 5:00pm On Feb 15
Babalegba:

Shatap !!! You ignoramus

what do you know about economics?

1 Like

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:03pm On Feb 15
Dollar is not Nigeria economy,stop deceiving yasefs.Are you living in USA to spend dollars? Try china,import from china all materials full china.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Babalegba(m): 5:18pm On Feb 15
Dubetex96:

Shatap !!! You ignoramus

what do you know about economics?
Lol, I was studying economics in the UK before your dad met your mum. Toerags like you are shot in China for economic sabotage.
Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Dubetex96(m): 5:52pm On Feb 15
Babalegba:
Lol, I was studying economics in the UK before your dad met your mum. Toerags like you are shot in China for economic sabotage.

Like the way your Tinubu was a charterd accountant? Economics isionu

Bleep off

1 Like

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Chicagograduate(m): 5:59pm On Feb 15
The very first day that Tinubu announced the removal of subsidy during his inauguration and his subsequent pronouncement of Naira floating policy was the beginning of Nigeria s problems.
His asslickers are now blaming it on hoarding.

1 Like

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:06pm On Feb 15
You cant steal the people's mandate without regrets and consequences, no man can be wiser than God. B4 the election some people were boasting they will teach some people a bitter lessons just because of 5k stipend that was given to them, now hunger and frustration don make some of them no remember say there's a forum called nairaland. Whatever you sow u reap.

2 Likes

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by HADI854: 6:16pm On Feb 15
Gistsnaijamedia:
The naira dipped to N1,600 against the dollar on Thursday as Nigeria’s economy continues to hurt under President Bola Tinubu’s watch.

According to Aboki Forex, the naira plunged to N1,600 to $1 despite efforts by the Central Bank of Nigeria to salvage the free fall of the naira.

Though the naira had been on a downward trend against the dollar before Mr Tinubu assumed office last May, the naira’s freefall accelerated following the floating of the currency.

https://gists9ja.com.ng/2024/02/15/braking-naira-falls-to-n1600-per-1-as-tinubus-economic-collapse-continues/
Just wait and see how some cursed clowns come to say that we are not spending in dollars.
Agbado and cassava clowns 🤡

1 Like

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Babalegba(m): 6:35pm On Feb 15
Dubetex96:

Like the way your Tinubu was a charterd accountant? Economics isionu

Bleep off
I look forward to the day saboteurs like you will be paraded in the street and jailed.. Cbn is already plugging some of the holes used by reptiles like you to cause chaos in the economy.. I hope you lose big.self-servicer.
Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Sctests: 6:36pm On Feb 15
It will be N5000 by December.
Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Dubetex96(m): 6:41pm On Feb 15
Babalegba:
I look forward to the day saboteurs like you will be paraded in the street and jailed.. Cbn is already plugging some of the holes used by reptiles like you to cause chaos in the economy.. I hope you lose big.self-servicer.

Till then when Tinubu is done with you .

1 Like

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Deogratiasfx: 7:48pm On Feb 15
Babalegba:

Go and check all my post how I begged people to consider their actions in the interest of the nation. What did we get? Insults and names all because of tribe and religion.
Now that that people have taken their decision and brought in bad leaders with no sense of directions, you still want me not to enjoy?
In the interest of the nation let naira appreciate but in my own interest, let it hit 5k before December.... Tinubu till 2031
Let Nigerians eat tribe and religion. Fools!!!
Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Gadafii: 7:56pm On Feb 15
Meanwhile buhari is somewhere sipping fura de nunu while the clueless cadaver is bereft of ideas on how to save the country he destroyed by forcing buhari on us

1 Like

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by udede(m): 8:00pm On Feb 15
Caramia2020:
There's fire on the mountain, I'm afraid it might reach #2,000 by May, it's well.
hmmmmm May kwa ? Let's see again by this month's end and see what's up. This country is doomed and we brought it upon ourselves through tribal politics. Lobiishii

1 Like

Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by hansomb: 8:15pm On Feb 15
Today there's less car on the road you do think today is Sunday.
Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Dzzzz: 8:43pm On Feb 15
Please I need a Bulaba supporter to convince me say Naija go better and if you guys don’t then it’s better to trade all of you for stick of cigar..Because that’s all you guys worth..
Re: BRAKING: Naira Falls To N1,600 Per $1 As Tinubu’s Economic Collapse Continues by Babalegba(m): 8:54pm On Feb 15
Deogratiasfx:

Go and check all my post how I begged people to consider their actions in the interest of the nation. What did we get? Insults and names all because of tribe and religion.
Now that that people have taken their decision and brought in bad leaders with no sense of directions, you still want me not to enjoy?
In the interest of the nation let naira appreciate but in my own interest, let it hit 5k before December.... Tinubu till 2031
Let Nigerians eat tribe and religion. Fools!!!
SW people are not too much into tribalism and religion.Most families have christians and Muslims. They vote mainly on the candidates antecedents and trustworthiness.
I remember one year I asked my mother and her friends to vote for Ribadu and not Jonathan as Ribadu would fight corruption.She declined, saying that the northerners have a born to rule mentality.
Buhari conned people. People thought he would fight corruption because of his record with Idiagbon. Nobody knew he was just a figurehead and that Idiagbon was the real ruler then.
Tinubu s record is greater than Peter obis as he faced huge adversities during his governorships tenure and moreover Obi is not trusted on security as he could release Kanu and thereby unleash Igboho and all the insurrectionists in Nigeria causing huge problems.
The south east has never brought forward any competent principled candidate. The presidency is a marathon not a sprint and requires strategic thinking.To win, the south east must present a political goliath that the nation would want to rally behind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Majek Fashek Returns To The Streets / Show Of Shame / Video: Ahmadinejad Re-election Sparks Iran Clashes: Yaradua Watch 2011!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.