Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days (55076 Views)

Why Nigeria’s Maternal Mortality Is Amongst Highest In The World / "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN / 7 Ways To Prepare For Extreme Heat, As Dry Season Approaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Offpointng: 10:54pm On Feb 15
Oceanfl0w:
Somehow, I disagree with that number one

Na climate change be the koko

And ur brain no tell you say even the first point follow join for the Climate change??
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Sniper101(m): 11:00pm On Feb 15
na because of heat like this na e make the government of UAE make air condition a must-have for every vehicle, shop, hotel, bank, etcetera 🤦
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Justiceleague1: 11:20pm On Feb 15
This year's heat is the worst so far,never had it this bad. Thank God for the rain that fell in Lagos today and I pray it falls again
God1000:
I pity the people that are currently locked up in overcrowded prison facilities and police stations
My brother,I tell you,ooooo...it's gonna be so horrible for those guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by IMAliyu(m): 11:25pm On Feb 15
Timoleon:
No long story. Na season. We no plenty reach china, yet them dey get snow.

Only northern China gets snow.
China is also on a different latitude to Nigeria.
We are basically on the equator.

Meaning we will always experience far more sun and heat, compared to them.

2 Likes

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Justiceleague1: 11:26pm On Feb 15
FrontDev39:
It is climate change, it has nothing to do with building construction. We have hot air trapped.
Guy building construction pattern matters a lot.
The estate I live,omoh,my own building is trapped in between other two storey buildings. I live top floor but lack fresh ventilated air cos on my right,left,front and back are buildings.. it's only the guys that occupy the extreme corners of said building that enjoy the breeze.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by kmaster007: 11:29pm On Feb 15
Be like say nah all Nigeria experience this heat...
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Justiceleague1: 11:29pm On Feb 15
Honestly,one needs to relocate....if I have my way,it's Antarctica straight.
I got this American lady friend and we always video chat,omoh,the last time we were chatting,she was all wrapped up in thick clothes and her fan not running,not as though they don't have power,o.
They have all the power anytime and every time,even the one they don't need.
I was just shaking my head.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by nedekid: 11:32pm On Feb 15
Proverbs 29:2 Amplified Bible (AMP)
When the righteous are in authority and become great, the people rejoice; But when the wicked man rules, the people groan and sigh.

If you know you know
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Harrynight(m): 11:32pm On Feb 15
God1000:
This heat is too much, I've never experienced it before

Except you haven't staying in Nigeria, Lagos.
2 yrs ago it was like this if not worst, everybody was complaining too
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Justiceleague1: 11:33pm On Feb 15
tunde1200:

Tell us since you were born in this country, have you ever had steady power?
You are just pain because Tinubu is the head of state.
Leave hate and move on with life.
Please get away from this place,we don't need human beings and this garbage here.....you people are so disgusting and repulsive. Can't the tinubu be the game changer?
Did they not promise change since 2015?
If someone is complaining against his president,he or she got every right to.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by aimmoney9: 11:58pm On Feb 15
bunmconig:
The man that went to kill Satan forgot to close the door 🚪
Elemantari and the bell movie comes to mind..... grin grin grin
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by MrBroke(m): 12:03am On Feb 16
Even here in Canada it's so damn hot

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by SPAMBOX7: 12:07am On Feb 16
If na by overpopulation New York for don burn finish comot that for yiur list. Climate change is what's causing the heat
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Shimbo96(m): 12:37am On Feb 16
Fineman2:

https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/why-is-nigeria-so-hot
number 1 is rubbish because this is happening everywhere not only in overpopulated area.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by LalastiklaIa(m): 12:47am On Feb 16
Chimarto:
It's hot air from Sahara desert blown by north east trade wind

Why North East trade wind no go find cold breeze from Atlantic Ocean carry come. E be like say that trade wind no won get sense
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by roqrules04(m): 1:33am On Feb 16
If the heat is too much in Lagos then go and try the cold in Siberia region; Russia .
Come back and tell me the one you’ll prefer
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by chukskafor(m): 2:53am On Feb 16
There is leakage from hell fire
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by ekelebeXstunner: 4:11am On Feb 16
Chimarto:
It's hot air from Sahara desert blown by north east trade wind
I have waited for a week plus on Nairaland for someone to mention this. This forum is not for learning, it is only for throwing insults left and right.

The Sahara desert is expanding due to the actions of illiterate farmers in Northern Africa overgrazing the land. The less greenery present in the north means intense hot air blown our way during harmattan. We’re yet to see if the situation will persist during the rainy season. I believe it will. Year after year, temperatures have soared in our climate. Our criminal politicians (continent wide) continue to politic among themselves instead of growing and maintaining trees to control the spread of desertification.

Plant trees, everyone. I’m aiming to grow ten in a bid to reduce temperatures in my compound. I cannot stand the heat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Timoleon(m): 4:13am On Feb 16
IMAliyu:

Only northern China gets snow.
China is also on a different latitude to Nigeria.
We are basically on the equator.

Meaning we will always experience far more sun and heat, compared to them.

Nigeria is NOT on the Equator. If you go quote person, quite with correct information. Thank you.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by mightyhaze: 4:37am On Feb 16
shilz:
I thought lemon grass scares them out of one’s garden.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't believe those wishful thinking.. no vegetations scares those demons..

I went to pluck some herbs during that dry dusty period to boil and inhale,met it curled on a thick clump of lemon grass.. I backed out of the garden ,went to my tools room,got a cutlass and still met it there sitting snug
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by FODA(m): 5:02am On Feb 16
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Benblaq(m): 5:39am On Feb 16
God1000:
I pity the people that are currently locked up in overcrowded prison facilities and police stations
Honestly!

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 5:57am On Feb 16
mightyhaze:
Na why I insist on having a large garden with plenty of perennial trees on them at my adjacent plot.. people don pressure me tire to build self cons there and rent out or sell the land as it's a GRA... But I love my vegetations.. I sleep like a baby at night with or without light.. I do plenty of bird watching also during the day.. and yes once once I encounter the bad guys in the plot (I cut one curled on my lemon grass into 4 pieces last week with a single knife blow)..and yet I won't fumigate lest I destroy some vital ecosystem there
I thought they said lemon grass repel them?
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Desusi: 6:07am On Feb 16
muyico:
for how long will it last? b4 he go??
As long as tinubu remains in power.shikena!
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by FBS: 6:17am On Feb 16
Fineman2:

over population?

Australia wey no get plenty population and with trees everywhere heat wan finish them and not just at the Outback.

wild weather

It's called wild weather bro. cheesy
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by MrBrighto: 6:43am On Feb 16
I'm surprised people are complaining of too much heat.

Here in Kaduna, the heat is minimal, just normal room temperature
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by benqo01(m): 6:57am On Feb 16
The heat is everywhere even in the village too,infact even if you put on your fan it is of no use

I believe it is the season sha
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by mightyhaze: 6:58am On Feb 16
RainMoreDFARMS:
I thought they said lemon grass repel them?
That's a laugh...

Don't let anyone deceive you..no vegetations repel snakes.. those guys are stronger than humans.. do u know what those creatures endure in the wild?

We have encountered a snake in the warehouse,we closed the whole place and fumigated excessively.., concentrating on the spot we saw it..

Lo n behold while evacuating the place days after this dude simply uncurled and was moving..till we struck it

Creatures that go UpTo a month without food na grass wan chase am grin
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by JayPeeOham: 7:34am On Feb 16
Fineman2:

The actual reason is that the situation of Nigeria has become so critical that even the air has relocated abroad for greener pasture.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by HELLASJ(m): 7:42am On Feb 16
God1000:
I think it's everywhere

We're experiencing cold here in Kaduna State
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by HELLASJ(m): 7:43am On Feb 16
benqo01:
The heat is everywhere even in the village too,infact even if you put on your fan it is of no use

I believe it is the season sha
Not everywhere, Kaduna State is cold currently
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Fuckyoumod: 8:02am On Feb 16
Fineman2:

Nigeria is just 4 degrees above the equator. Nigeria will always be a hot country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Lady Dies After Smoking ‘Colos’ In Anambra (Photos) / Sex Workers Evicted From Benin Hotel Over Fear Of Spreading Coronavirus / 245 New COVID-19 Cases, 100 Discharged And 10 Deaths On May 22 - (1421 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.