Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days (55019 Views)

Why Nigeria’s Maternal Mortality Is Amongst Highest In The World / "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN / 7 Ways To Prepare For Extreme Heat, As Dry Season Approaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by VULCAN(m): 8:10am On Feb 16
I avoided this thread since I saw it yesterday because I KNEW that it would not be able to identify what is causing the problem.

It's guessed it's just a clickbait title.

I decided to confirm my assertion now and I was proven correct.

Just generic drivel.

No plausible answer to why we have been boiling for 3 weeks now
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Rodinat: 8:18am On Feb 16
The only solution is to get solar fan, don't wait for Nigeria government light.May God provide for those that are not having solar fan.

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Flipmac(m): 8:29am On Feb 16
Annahh:
I gat no worries, I have my rechargeable fan that blows my head from night till morning.
Please what brand of rechargeable fan is that?
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Probz(m): 9:10am On Feb 16
God1000:
This heat is too much, I've never experienced it before

Okwia?
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by RussellRutherfo: 9:13am On Feb 16
oz4real83:
We should start planting more trees, the air is always cooler where there are trees.

I was about to say this.
Jesus didn't make a mistake when He made trees.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to sit down under a tree after walking for long under the hot sun in an Estate i went and gosh!! O! boy!

It was such a relief. Even better than A.C.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by ifynosmart(m): 9:22am On Feb 16
This morning I spoke about this heat wave in another dimension relating it to a few experiences we all are going through: Take a listen, because I am sure you can relate!

URT - Unfiltered Random Thoughts Podcast - https://open.spotify.com/episode/3fKzY2YXGelgkUxLa7egkJ?si=624bb68b55094d57
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by SeriouslySense(m): 9:24am On Feb 16
I thought its only me that notice it, they always use concrete for the flooring and they think its enjoyment, not place for vegetation.

TheTravelingOne:
I been saying this. I never understand why in Lagos, they cut down beautiful trees to build houses and surround the house with all concrete. It’s the silliest shxt and it’s ugly. I like to have greenery around me, it’s calming looking out at trees and it makes the environment cooler and air freshener.
The attitude here is only the rich in Ikoyi, banana island deserve trees in their surroundings.
So weird.

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by SeriouslySense(m): 9:32am On Feb 16
Kaduna had been cool, i was checking, infact, the temperatures dropped to 16 degrees before at night at its coolest.

But the temperatures are rising in all places now. Jos is alway the coolest, maximum is 30, minimum is 16. there was a time around January the lowest temperature in Jos was 9C

MrBrighto:
I'm surprised people are complaining of too much heat.

Here in Kaduna, the heat is minimal, just normal room temperature
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Love800(m): 9:44am On Feb 16
How does dis rechargeble fan works?
Does it uses solar?
Annahh:
I gat no worries, I have my rechargeable fan that blows my head from night till morning.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Love800(m): 9:45am On Feb 16
The potable fan, is it rechargeble?
Angelfrost:
Wear light clothing and drink lots of water...!

Drastically reduced physically demanding activities... This includes Kpanshing/Knacking/Konjititis.

Na Power bank and Portable hand fan dey help some of us sleep for night these days.

...And the wave came at a point Power Supply decided to take a permanent break.

This Shege upon the biggest black nation on Earth is interesting. tongue

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by MrBrighto: 9:47am On Feb 16
SeriouslySense:
Kaduna had been cool, i was checking, infact, the temperatures dropped to 16 degrees before at night at its coolest.

But the temperatures are rising in all places now. Jos is alway the coolest, maximum is 30, minimum is 16. there was a time around January the lowest temperature in Jos was 9C

Here in Kaduna, I can't sleep at night without covering myself with sheet..
Although the cold was so bad during the harmattan. The humidity was so low that I get shocked just by stepping on tiles barefooted, never seen anything like it....
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by SeriouslySense(m): 9:52am On Feb 16
Count it as a blessing, with that cold you will sleep very well, i prefer extreme cold than extreme heat with humidity.

And if one sleeps well, the overall health benefits.

MrBrighto:

Here in Kaduna, I can't sleep at night without covering myself with sheet..
Although the cold was so bad during the harmattan. The humidity was so low that I get shocked just by stepping on tiles barefooted, never seen anything like it....
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Chizy12345: 9:59am On Feb 16
climate change only
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Angelfrost(m): 10:11am On Feb 16
Love800:
The potable fan, is it rechargeble?

Yes Sir. It is rechargeable, but it doesn't last.

That's why I power it all through the night with a Power Bank.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 10:19am On Feb 16
mightyhaze:
That's a laugh...

Don't let anyone deceive you..no vegetations repel snakes.. those guys are stronger than humans.. do u know what those creatures endure in the wild?

We have encountered a snake in the warehouse,we closed the whole place and fumigated excessively.., concentrating on the spot we saw it..

Lo n behold while evacuating the place days after this dude simply uncurled and was moving..till we struck it

Creatures that go UpTo a month without food na grass wan chase am grin
It is well,
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by UptownVibes(m): 10:23am On Feb 16
Geovanni412:
Where are the rainmakers when you need them?

Abi their power no reach this level?
People when heat wan kill grin
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by kabanayol9(m): 10:26am On Feb 16
God1000:
This heat is too much, I've never experienced it before
Same here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by kabanayol9(m): 10:27am On Feb 16
Chicagograduate:
I dey my village wey trees and bushes plenty pass house and the heat is too much.
Don't mind them, even where i am living right now, a lot bushes at the back of the house, i opened the window overnight still feels the heat.

1 Like

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by IMAliyu(m): 12:23pm On Feb 16
Timoleon:

Nigeria is NOT on the Equator. If you go quote person, quite with correct information. Thank you.
I stand corrected.
We are only a few degrees shy of the equator.

I was primarily explaining the difference in weather with China due to latitude.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by zoraro(m): 12:59pm On Feb 16
Uyi168:
Has there ever been a time we had constant power in this country??

Basic infrastructure in other climes become rocket science in Nigeria..

There has not been a time the erratic power supply has been this bad in recent time.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by tofolo(m): 1:07pm On Feb 16
God1000:
I think it's everywhere
Not everywhere bro, here in Katsina its cold and dusty.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Uyi168: 1:25pm On Feb 16
zoraro:

There has not been a time the erratic power supply has been this bad in recent time.
Agreed.
Things are worse now.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Love800(m): 1:28pm On Feb 16
U can recharge with nepa light, abi?
Or does it uses solar?
Angelfrost:

Yes Sir. It is rechargeable, but it doesn't last.

That's why I power it all through the night with a Power Bank.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Angelfrost(m): 2:55pm On Feb 16
Love800:
U can recharge with nepa light, abi?
Or does it uses solar?

You can recharge with NEPA light... It's just like charging a phone.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Elonmuzk(m): 3:04pm On Feb 16
And we are expecting 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow. What a wonderful world!
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Love800(m): 3:13pm On Feb 16
Tankz so much
Angelfrost:

You can recharge with NEPA light... It's just like charging a phone.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:41pm On Feb 16
virginchaser:

Reason and why you should stay away from crime.

Poverty also causes it
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Redstorm(m): 6:30pm On Feb 16
It's not everywhere.

Jos average temperature is between moderate and cold.

God1000:
I think it's everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Tinoakpabio444: 7:24pm On Feb 16
I disagree with num one
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Annahh(f): 8:55pm On Feb 16
Flipmac:

Please what brand of rechargeable fan is that?
DP 8000mah
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Annahh(f): 8:56pm On Feb 16
Love800:
How does dis rechargeble fan works?
Does it uses solar?
It uses electricity for charging, type C charger to be precise.
Re: Here Is Why Nigeria Is Experiencing Such Extreme Heat These Days by Love800(m): 9:48pm On Feb 16
Tankz so much.
How much is it sold in the local markets?
Annahh:
It uses electricity for charging, type C charger to be precise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Union Bank Staff Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos / Diabetic Diet: How Lemon And Lemon Water Can Help Cure Diabetes / What Are The Side Effects Of Penis Enlargement, My Babe Is Complaining Of My Siz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.