Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting (15364 Views)

'No Plan To Ban Sports Betting': Bill Is To Protect Players' Rights - Nwogu / Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu / Ban Sports Betting Apps: Reno Omokri Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:04pm On Feb 15
VeryWickedMan:
So UyaiInco.mparabl will finally return to hookup fulltime.

undecided undecided
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by Okeoghenerobert: 9:07pm On Feb 15
Is betting the problem bedeviling this country?You law makers should think how to move this country forward by ending insecurity,food shortage,power failure, unemployment etc rather than focusing banning betting.Do you know how many Nigerians feed from betting?You people just want things to get worse in this country.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by Dafresh: 9:16pm On Feb 15
iamoyindamola:

What stupid hope is it giving you
The current phone I'm using now to type this I bought it from betting. I have been winning and losing but with bet I have hope take it away and see that you have destroyed the hope completely. Is because of bet that's why we have hope take it away and see that Nigeria youths will be hopeless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by sukar886: 9:32pm On Feb 15
Worst government so far, will banning bet make dollar to be 100naira, or will it bring the price of rice to 10k a bag, or cement for 2k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by eleniyan2020: 9:41pm On Feb 15
Nice2023:
Gambling and sport betting are among the things killing our young men and women.

they should leave it to kill them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by uba1991: 9:53pm On Feb 15
These fools don't know anything, this betting is the only thing that is giving the youth hope. I swear if they ban this betting they should be ready for uncertainty.
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by uba1991: 9:55pm On Feb 15
sukar886:
Worst government so far, will banning bet make dollar to be 100naira, or will it bring the price of rice to 10k a bag, or cement for 2k
very useless and satanic government. I swear this is the worst government in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by Connected1: 9:58pm On Feb 15
CoronaVirusPro:
Good move!

Better still, impose HEAVY tax on it. Winner should be paying 40% of their winnings as tax.
See this illiterate 😂

Na to use VPN bet on foreign betting sites go be the way na.

Laslas na the government lose.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by uba1991: 10:02pm On Feb 15
Nice2023:
Gambling and sport betting are among the things killing our young men and women.

that is a big lie. Hunger and poverty is killing Nigerians not betting. Only 2% of Nigerians do betting. 89% of Nigerians are in poverty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by OBALUJONES: 10:05pm On Feb 15
This yeye Rep that sponsored the bill, ask him how many times has he gone to his constituency and do empowerments,
You forgotten that some of us playing betting are feeding through the bet since you as our representative fail us , it's better you sponsor a bill that will favour your region rather than sponsoring unconcerned bill

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by uba1991: 10:06pm On Feb 15
Even in UK and US there is betting. These people are tempting the youth to revolt. By God grace they will get what they want
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by Johnjustice: 10:07pm On Feb 15
You lawmakers what do you use constituency allowances for?

You lawmakers are black as kettle, calling the pot black...how much do you earn a month, how much is minimum wage?

Rep members should focus on removing Nigeria from dollar enslavement not these frivolities. Lazy people
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by uba1991: 10:10pm On Feb 15
DARLINGTON869:
Very good. I would really love that they ban that demonic betting. I am yet to see any one who bets that live a decent life and caters as he should for his family. Even if there are, only very handful. I know some gamblers will come for my head. I am waiting.
who cares about you. You are just a useless slippers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by dammyfolly(m): 10:24pm On Feb 15
.... I guess, one them na hin get bet9ja.
People no dey patronize it again. Minimum stake na 100#
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by Patojargz: 10:37pm On Feb 15
Chai! I dey shame 4 d reps... Dem don loose am no b whining
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by erioluwa869: 11:03pm On Feb 15
wowwow...
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by ispreloaded(m): 11:10pm On Feb 15
I just won 11.5k with 400 naira....na Togo buy 2 basket of garri n beans keep for one corner till dollars reach 5000 cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by kmaster007: 11:26pm On Feb 15
Make dem face deir politics we face our bet
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by doneback04: 2:06am On Feb 16
Am against this but Omo if that is taking away, the criminality rate would eventually become high most people that are into crime used this to pass their time and avoid crime,

Am taking in respect and interest of my phone and accessories ooo grin grin
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by Goddyrichie(m): 6:22am On Feb 16
Antell95:

Eyen eka, send a PM
08122978881 WhatsApp number
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by QuinModah(f): 7:56am On Feb 16
wink
PortHarcourtcit:
that's true, and thanks for your understanding...
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by kabanayol9(m): 10:43am On Feb 16
Reps if you want to ban sports betting, una go find better work for me as una dey take fixed una children or make i travel out as una children too did, anything apart from that, something wey i dey use hold body, smiles, the end result will not be good, we have been silent all this while the way you guys have been siphoning the nations wealth, assuming it was siphoned before you were born, will you all be in that position today, we don vez but make una no unleash the veznation.
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by fardeygah: 11:10am On Feb 16
Some wey dey survive with bet wen dey r Jobless,did dey want dem to go into arm robbery
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by fardeygah: 11:11am On Feb 16
fardeygah:
Some wey dey survive with bet wen dey r Jobless,did dey want dem to go into arm robbery
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by Totalrecovery: 1:53pm On Feb 16
ijustdey:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/reps-move-to-ban-sports-betting/

Thunder fire you there...brainless idiot ,you don't have other important bills to sponsor other than this nonsense
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by Totalrecovery: 1:54pm On Feb 16
[quote author=ijustdey post=128471774]

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/reps-move-to-ban-sports-betting/

[/quote
It's not your fault, oga
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by achimendy(m): 2:31pm On Feb 16
dangermouse:
Gambling has its own down side but this is not the right time to take it away from the millions whom It gives hope.

This Government I'd jut trying so hard to bring up an uprising on themselves.

It shall be well.

Hahahaha, which hope pls😂?
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by dangermouse(m): 3:11pm On Feb 16
achimendy:

Hahahaha, which hope pls😂?

Sports betting has made some people millionaires over night just by predictions and staking money.

The average gambler on the street always have hopes that he/she will win big on the next bet. You will be surprised that both the rich,elderly,market men and women . Drivers, civil servants etc, all bets on these platforms.

There are always people whom betting has changed there lives for the better and this encourages others and gives them hope where there in none at the moment, given the hardship in the country
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by achimendy(m): 8:37pm On Feb 16
dangermouse:

Sports betting has made some people millionaires over night just by predictions and staking money.

The average gambler on the street always have hopes that he/she will win big on the next bet. You will be surprised that both the rich,elderly,market men and women . Drivers, civil servants etc, all bets on these platforms.

There are always people whom betting has changed there lives for the better and this encourages others and gives them hope where there in none at the moment, given the hardship in the country

Ok that's good for you. But let's talk about the other side of it. Do you know how many people have lost their lives because betting? secondly, do you know many people have been wrecked financially because of betting? Do you how many wives are crying daily because of the addictiveness of their husbands doing bet9ja, and also how it has made many young Nigerians useless and irresponsible? My friend we graduated together in secondary school together has no focus and direction for anything meaningful in life except betting. He has won several times but will put the money there again. The has cried her eyes out but no way.

So tell me or answer the question if it's a good or bad thing for our youth.
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by dangermouse(m): 9:20pm On Feb 16
achimendy:

Ok that's good for you. But let's talk about the other side of it. Do you know how many people have lost their lives because betting? secondly, do you know many people have been wrecked financially because of betting? Do you how many wives are crying daily because of the addictiveness of their husbands doing bet9ja, and also how it has made many young Nigerians useless and irresponsible? My friend we graduated together in secondary school together has no focus and direction for anything meaningful in life except betting. He has won several times but will put the money there again. The has cried her eyes out but no way.

So tell me or answer the question if it's a good or bad thing for our youth.

No doubt about this hence my saying betting has its downside too on my earlier post you quoted.

Even the food we eat has its down sides too.

As it stands now with the unprecedented hardship in the country, banning these betting companies will hurt many whose only hope depends on it. I am not a gambler but believe me when I tell you this.

Make out time and visit those gambling outlets if you are in Lagos and you will see for yourself, even though many are playing directly from their phones but you will be amazed at the level of desperation you will see first hand .

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by achimendy(m): 6:36pm On Feb 17
dangermouse:

No doubt about this hence my saying betting has its downside too on my earlier post you quoted.

Even the food we eat has its down sides too.

As it stands now with the unprecedented hardship in the country, banning these betting companies will hurt many whose only hope depends on it. I am not a gambler but believe me when I tell you this.

Make out time and visit those gambling outlets if you are in Lagos and you will see for yourself, even though many are playing directly from their phones but you will be amazed at the level of desperation you will see first hand .

Hahahaha, that's not desperation to make money but desperation to die o😂😂
Re: Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting by webizone(m): 4:53pm On Feb 18
Connected1:

See this illiterate 😂

Na to use VPN bet on foreign betting sites go be the way na.

Laslas na the government lose.

Honestly! They don't know anything. It would only help the wise youths earn in dollars while the mumu that supported the government can't have access anymore, lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Accused Of Training Troops In Bathroom Slippers & Without Uniforms / Senate To SGF; Defend Yourself Or Resignl / 2015: Uche Secondus Received N250m From Dasuki For Special Duties - EFCC Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.