Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Mbappe To PSG: "I Will Leave At The End Of This Season" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mbappe To PSG: "I Will Leave At The End Of This Season" (12713 Views)

Kylian Mbappe To Join Real Madrid At The End Of The Season - ESPN / Pele Reportedly Moved To End-of-life Care / Fans Return To The Stadium In France As PSG Win French Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mbappe To PSG: "I Will Leave At The End Of This Season" by optimusprime2(m): 11:42am On Feb 16
Dyfynezz12:

Osihmen and Mbappe don't play the same wing,it's ideal for a club to get a like-4 like player to replace a departing player,Osihmen is a 9 and that's the only position he can play on the field,PSG already have Ramos and Kolo Miami there, so they will likely Go for a winger like laeo,Rashford or any other quality winger to replace Mbappe

Yes that's true, but it's more of a management and system change than a player for player change alone.

I am glad you are open to this discussion, let's talk about what Mbappe was controlling even as a player;

Mbappes contract at PSG has a component that makes him influence transfers and game play at the club, he is basically "part management" (why thats the case, I don't know), that being said any transfer that puts his playing position and style under threat (not building the game around him) gets automatically blocked. Which is why PSG did not look to sign classic number 9's after the departure of Cavani, & even sent away the younger Moise Kean (who was developing into a classic #9).

What does V9 bring to a game; A direct striker approach(we all know V9 works well with wing and midfield feeding). Which would limit the impact of an inverted winger "turned striker" i.e Mbappe.
Rather encouraging wingers who can track back (something Mbappe has stopped doing & will not do)

Currently PSG had been playing a system where the "9" is more of a false 9 when Mbappe plays (Basically the #9 is always tracking back to support buildup-something Kolo Muani is excellent at) similar to what Benzema was doing for CR7 back in the day for Real Madrid. This is also the very reason Gonçalo Ramos is doing well at PSG, because he is somewhat a Benzema clone.

Mbappe leaving PSG will cause them to change that system that is built around "Lord Mbappe" and build around a more conventional system that would shift play highlights specifically away from the left wing and encourage the #9 to score ruthlessly.

By the way this was PSG's initial plan (during Cavani and Ibrahimovics time) but when the era of Neymar, Messi and Lord Mbappe came shortly, that made the coach's job a living hell. I can boldly tell you that PSG had no defined system during that era because you couldn't force Neymar, Messi or Mbappe to play a system, instead you just tell the other players to work with them and hope for the best.

At least now PSG can go back to normalcy with Lord Mbappe's departure(the coach will be relieved and work with a system that is not influenced by "one player"wink... He (Mbappe) will do better at Real Madrid because they already play a system that inverted wingers are the striker's.
Re: Mbappe To PSG: "I Will Leave At The End Of This Season" by Dyfynezz12(m): 11:59am On Feb 16
optimusprime2:

Yes that's true, but it's more of a management and system change than a player change alone.

I am glad you are open to this discussion, let's talk about what Mbappe was controlling even as a player;

Mbappes contract at PSG has a component that makes him influence transfers and game play at the club, he is basically "part management" (why thats the case, I don't know), that being said any transfer that puts his playing position and style under threat (not building the game around him) gets automatically blocked. Which is why PSG did not look to sign classic number 9's after the departure of Cavani.

What does V9 bring to a game; A direct striker approach(we all know V9 works well with wing and midfield feeding). Which would limit the impact of an inverted winger "turned striker" i.e Mbappe.
Rather encouraging wingers who can track back (something Mbappe has stopped doing & will not do)

Currently PSG had been playing a system where the "9" is more of a false 9 when Mbappe plays (Basically the #9 is always tracking back to support buildup-something Kolo Muani is excellent at) similar to what Benzema was doing for CR7 back in the day for Real Madrid. This is also the very reason Gonçalo Ramos is doing well at PSG, because he is somewhat a Benzema clone.

Mbappe leaving PSG will cause them to change that system that is built around "Lord Mbappe" and build around a more conventional system that would shift play highlights specifically away from the left wing and encourage the #9 to score ruthlessly.

By the way this was PSG's initial plan (during Cavani and Ibrahimovics time) but when the era of Neymar, Messi and Lord Mbappe came shortly, that made the coach's job a living hell.

At least now PSG can go back to normalcy with Lord Mbappe's departure... he will do better at Real Madrid because they already play a system that inverted wingers are the striker's.
I understand ur points.

But the situation if replacing Mbappe with Osihmen to me is invalid.
For one,Oshimen is a pure 9,where as Mbappe is an inside forward,PSG already have a 9(Ramos and to some extent Kolo Muani)
So if Mbappe is sold am sure their most logical signing will be an inside forward,a player like Rafael Leao or Rashford.

Luis Enrique Spent close to 160m euros on Kolo Muani and Ramos,those 2 are 9s nd can play the Harry Kane role very well,So am not sure Enrique will buy another 9 to add to the ones he already have but instead he should/would go for a left forward.

U can't replace Mbappe,no team can but if u lose him u need some1 with skill sets similar to his although mayb not on the same level
Re: Mbappe To PSG: "I Will Leave At The End Of This Season" by optimusprime2(m): 1:23pm On Feb 16
Dyfynezz12:

I understand ur points.

But the situation if replacing Mbappe with Osihmen to me is invalid.
For one,Oshimen is a pure 9,where as Mbappe is an inside forward,PSG already have a 9(Ramos and to some extent Kolo Muani)
So if Mbappe is sold am sure their most logical signing will be an inside forward,a player like Rafael Leao or Rashford.

Luis Enrique Spent close to 160m euros on Kolo Muani and Ramos,those 2 are 9s nd can play the Harry Kane role very well,So am not sure Enrique will buy another 9 to add to the ones he already have but instead he should/would go for a left forward.

U can't replace Mbappe,no team can but if u lose him u need some1 with skill sets similar to his although mayb not on the same level

Absolutely correct,

I am just reinforcing the fact that offloading Mbappe is not just a player for player swap, but an ease on management and finance.

Enrique has always said he would get an all out 9 if Mbappe left, and we all know that Kolo Muani and Gonçalo Ramos are not those kind of players.

I am absolutely sure that Kolo Muani will be loaned off because his acquisition was "almost entirely Mbappe propelled", Ramos will be sent back as he is currently a loan player, as well as other players who can only function with the "Mbappe system" at PSG.

Secondly I am totally sure there will be the financial freedom to acquire Leao after Oshimen is bought, which is why most sport analysts are already tipping an Oshimen acquisition and I totally agree.

Replacing Mbappe with another inverted winger in a team that already has pure double sided wingers like Dembele, Asensio and Barcola especially if the player is not anything close to Mbappe does not make any sense.
Re: Mbappe To PSG: "I Will Leave At The End Of This Season" by achimendy(m): 2:36pm On Feb 16
demolinka:
Welcome to Arsenal, brother Mbappe

Hahahahahahahaha, In your dreams.

Hala Madrid.
Re: Mbappe To PSG: "I Will Leave At The End Of This Season" by Dyfynezz12(m): 4:36pm On Feb 16
optimusprime2:

Absolutely correct,

I am just reinforcing the fact that offloading Mbappe is not just a player for player swap, but an ease on management and finance.

Enrique has always said he would get an all out 9 if Mbappe left, and we all know that Kolo Muani and Gonçalo Ramos are not those kind of players.

I am absolutely sure that Kolo Muani will be loaned off because his acquisition was "almost entirely Mbappe propelled", Ramos will be sent back as he is currently a loan player, as well as other players who can only function with the "Mbappe system" at PSG.

Secondly I am totally sure there will be the financial freedom to acquire Leao after Oshimen is bought, which is why most sport analysts are already tipping an Oshimen acquisition and I totally agree.

Replacing Mbappe with another inverted winger in a team that already has pure double sided wingers like Dembele, Asensio and Barcola especially if the player is not anything close to Mbappe does not make any sense.
Am not sure Ramos will be sent back, dude is good and also very young
Nd am not sure Enrique will want to sacrifice him for an Osihmen
Remember PSG will definitely need an inside forward even if they sign Osihmen
Nd considering the fact they aren't getting anything from Mbappe transfer am not sure they will want to spend close to 200m to sign Osihmen and another quality left winger
Re: Mbappe To PSG: "I Will Leave At The End Of This Season" by Lincton: 6:13pm On Feb 16
Mbape come to Chelsea for some experiments
Re: Mbappe To PSG: "I Will Leave At The End Of This Season" by Ekaka14: 8:18am On Feb 17
Welcome to Santiago Bernabeau where we will crown you severally cheesy 🤔
Re: Mbappe To PSG: "I Will Leave At The End Of This Season" by Ekaka14: 8:24am On Feb 17
ogbonti:

😂😂😂😂😂 Awalokan
Eyin lokan grin grin
Awon lokan angry grin
Efo kan baleeeee grin angry
Ebi n pa won ooooooo grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Swansea Vs Arsenal (3 - 2) On Sunday January 15 2012 / Costa Vs Aguero: The Strikers Spearheading Chelsea & Man. City's Title Hopes / Atalanta Vs Liverpool: Europa League (0 - 1) On18th April 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.