Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" (6502 Views)

Insecurity Has Started Again Why Can’t State Govs Take FG To Court? - Rufai / Naira: We Won’t Be Your Scapegoat - Supreme Court Tells FG, State Govs / FG Moves To Avert Labour Strike, Summons State Govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Ken4Christ: 6:41pm On Feb 15
Over 95% of Nigeria politicians minds are set on looting not on investment. This I know. We need to pass a bill to impose death sentence on all looters. The issue is those who are supposed to pass the bill are themselves looters. Where do we start from? When we have the right person at the top. You can't get to the office through corrupt means and expect to fight corruption successfully.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 15
Ideal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by israelmao(m): 6:45pm On Feb 15
There are many heartless Nigerians who are benefiting from arbitrary increase in prices and hoarding of food items.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Customised3(f): 6:45pm On Feb 15
The old man has spoken
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Maxtipulation(m): 6:45pm On Feb 15
In the other words you're on your own grin grin grin OYO
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Xox1945(m): 6:45pm On Feb 15
Stupid talk
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by nairalanda1(m): 6:46pm On Feb 15
The only way to boost local production is to have large mass commercial farming promoted in this country.

The current security crisis shows the limitations of subsitence farming up. Once several hundered farmers are taken out by bandits, the whole crop suffers.

If we had had large commercial farms, it would take far more than the security crisis we have now to knock out food production.

Nigeria is using archaic farming methods that belong in the 18th century. We would not want to live in the 18th century, but somehow we want our farms and cattle to be done according to the methods of that century. We have crisis with cattle herders because we don't have railways, or even better road transport and cattle ranching. I mean, cattle ranching would end all this herdsman crisis. Food spoils because poor transport. Then we have, the issue of security...350000 police for 220 million people. And shitty funding for same police.

But at the end, subsitence farming cannot feed 220 million people. Even before bandits, and Boko, we were importing food to meet up.
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Antell95(m): 6:46pm On Feb 15
He should keep kwayet abeg. grin

anyway, see my signature wink
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:46pm On Feb 15
Treasure17:
Your impeachment is imminent.

Oga if you travel frequently to Europe and America, you will know that there is so much challenges to livelihood in this current times. I pity anybody wey japa without a solid plan and financial back up.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by nairalanda1(m): 6:49pm On Feb 15
Mathboyy:
Let's take modern large scale commercial agriculture seriously please
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by kiddkash(m): 6:49pm On Feb 15
[quote author= post=128472887][/quote]
Port Harcourt peeps very treacherous
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by ayo2008: 6:51pm On Feb 15
Support Local farmers in the midst of insecurity of lives?

Is ok
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by ayo2008: 6:52pm On Feb 15
israelmao:
There are many heartless Nigerians who are benefiting from arbitrary increase in prices and hoarding of food items.

What President Tinubu is doing to the economy of the country is more heartless.
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by RALPHOW(m): 6:55pm On Feb 15
The only way out is Local Government AUTONOMY.
Let's Local Government have their allocation direct, create Local Vigilante, Finance Specilised Mechanised farming
Governors and Bank CEO are the major problem of this nation.
Falana and Sanni should lead campaign for Local Government AUTONOMY in the South and North respectively.
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Jogs1900: 7:00pm On Feb 15
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Even though am not Tinubu's fan,but I totally support him on this one.

These glutinous governors should at list do something tangible for once.

They keep on receiving allocations and security vote but do nothing with it.
They think their mandate is to pay salaries alone.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Cmeo(m): 7:03pm On Feb 15
I trust Tinubu government, he knows what is doing. He is empowering government institution and the Nigerian market.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by alt3r3g0: 7:04pm On Feb 15
Another 1 billion commitee loading
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by NPFLADMIN(m): 7:08pm On Feb 15
I just went to check the farm we're going to be using.
The place security is in the hands of the youths and the elders there.
Nearest police station dey very far.

Oga tinubu, no be only empowerment. Security gan gan ni koko.
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:10pm On Feb 15
[quote author=chokekachy post=128472623][/quote]
This seemed more like a meeting to close ranks than to proffer solutions to the issues there country is facing.
I was hoping to read action plans or resolutions.
Instead, I was reading admonitions and homilies on proper political behavior
I suspect this meeting is a fall out of the PDP govs' communique
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Dsimmer: 7:31pm On Feb 15
True. The state governors should be setting more agricultural projects in the state to begin with. I don't see why each state governor can't invest in at least 2 agricultural project which includes combination of mechanized farming and agro industrialization in his state.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Albertgr8: 7:33pm On Feb 15
Story Story story story of story
story story of story
story story of story
Story story story of story
story story of story
story story of story
To support pesant farmer
What happens to mechanise farming
And Morden livestock growing
APC bunch of empty head
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by AskNgige2: 7:58pm On Feb 15
Faiththatworks:
Hi

Women with hello
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Charly68: 8:03pm On Feb 15
Now everybody is clamouring for licence to carry Arms ...they are awake to long awaited agitation for state police
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by yewit37486: 8:04pm On Feb 15
triple996:
oga end insecurity and watch people go to farm. Hunger go reduce, no b by noise and barking orders.

Banditry is d major cause

Even the diehard government defenders are speaking out now. Very interesting times indeed.
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by Exceed15: 8:09pm On Feb 15
How will food production be boosted when fulani herdsmen are on rampage. This man is clueless but he can open his mouth wide to attack GeJ that was doing far better than all APC administration altogether.
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by MYKELDAYO(m): 8:17pm On Feb 15
[quote author=chokekachy post=128472623][/quote] you see all those states governor's are clueless, daft and docile to rule a state,how will u tell me bandits are taking over your states and there is nothing u can do, disturbing farm lands of your citizens and u are looking at them without measure been put in place shame on all of you.
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by tman2sure(m): 8:23pm On Feb 15
Enough of sitting on the fence by governors. We have people that are ready to do all this planting in a mechanized form. All we need is government supports in term of equipment like tractor, plough, harrow, tractor bucket to mention but a few. My advice to any body that cares to listen and have access to land is for us to go into farming even if it is at subsistence level. Exception to those in the major city. Pls and pls let's all go into farming this year, even if it is to feed your family and relatives.
Re: Tinubu To State Govs: "Support Local Farmers To Boost Food Production" by naturefellow(m): 8:25pm On Feb 15
TemplarLandry, I hope you're doomed wherever you are. It can never be well with you and your generation present and future.
In sha Allah!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prison Dog Better Off Than Inmate In Nigeria, Gets N3,000 Daily Allowance. / APC Set Up Nine-man Interim Management Committee / Buhari Cabinet: Fashola Tipped For Attorney General And Minister For Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.