Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Why Do Business Owners Inflate The Prices Of Goods Bought At Cheaper Rate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Business Owners Inflate The Prices Of Goods Bought At Cheaper Rate? (229 Views)

Gov Eno’s Bold move to reduce the Prices of Staple Food in Akwa Ibom State / Court Orders FG To Fix Price Of Goods, Petroleum Within 7 Days / Popular APC & Tinubu Supporter, Cries Out Over High Cost Of Goods In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Business Owners Inflate The Prices Of Goods Bought At Cheaper Rate? by Themainboy22: 7:50pm On Feb 15
I saw people debating on this topic,
on a popular Facebook group, and decided to bring it here for wider and more opinionated views.

Re: Why Do Business Owners Inflate The Prices Of Goods Bought At Cheaper Rate? by Blackestjunior(m): 7:51pm On Feb 15
Themainboy22:
I saw people debating on this topic,
on a popular Facebook group, and decided to bring it here for wider and more opinionated views.

Bleepp

Could there be any reason more than excessive profit making
Re: Why Do Business Owners Inflate The Prices Of Goods Bought At Cheaper Rate? by ivolt: 7:57pm On Feb 15
Because it is the smart way to remain in business.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Business Owners Inflate The Prices Of Goods Bought At Cheaper Rate? by mightyhaze: 7:58pm On Feb 15
Blackestjunior:

Bleepp

Could there be any reason more than excessive profit making
one of the reasons will be to be able to purchase new stock at the prevailing price..

Consider this ...

If i sell off my wares at say 1k each because I bought them at 900..when current price at factory or distributor warehouse is 1200,and i sell say 10 pieces.. when I go to restock with my 10k.. I won't even be able to buy 9 pieces at current price of 1200

This will lead to shrinking of stock and subsequent blaming of my innocent village people

So it's not about buying cheap... But you have to consider current purchase price...to remain in biz

What we should be concerned about is steadying those forces that make prices fluctuate.. on a good day if u add 10kobo to a normal price,those goods go siddon dey look you there,because no be only you dey sell am.. na something (trauma) make cocoyam leaf yell 'whiiin'. E no just begin yell.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Business Owners Inflate The Prices Of Goods Bought At Cheaper Rate? by Obiedun(m): 8:02pm On Feb 15
That's is man inhumanity to man. Don't you see people selling fake and expired products especially food and drugs
Re: Why Do Business Owners Inflate The Prices Of Goods Bought At Cheaper Rate? by matify83: 8:11pm On Feb 15
If you don't sell at current prices, you may be on your way back to the village soonest.

How do you re-stock those goods without sourcing additional funds?
Re: Why Do Business Owners Inflate The Prices Of Goods Bought At Cheaper Rate? by SoNature(m): 8:31pm On Feb 15
Obiedun:
That's is man inhumanity to man. Don't you see people selling fake and expired products especially food and drugs

Stop writing NONSENSE

Mightyhaze has already explained the reason above.
Re: Why Do Business Owners Inflate The Prices Of Goods Bought At Cheaper Rate? by Buharidgeneral: 8:58pm On Feb 15
mightyhaze:
one of the reasons will be to be able to purchase new stock at the prevailing price..

Consider this ...

If i sell off my wares at say 1k each because I bought them at 900..when current price at factory or distributor warehouse is 1200,and i sell say 10 pieces.. when I go to restock with my 10k.. I won't even be able to buy 9 pieces at current price of 1200

This will lead to shrinking of stock and subsequent blaming of my innocent village people

So it's not about buying cheap... But you have to consider current purchase price...to remain in biz

What we should be concerned about is steadying those forces that make prices fluctuate.. on a good day if u add 10kobo to a normal price,those goods go siddon dey look you there,because no be only you dey sell am.. na something (to) make cocoyam leaf yell 'whiiin'. E no just begin yell.
Then capitalised

(1) (Reply)

Despite Fg’s Clampdown: Dollar Hits N1,900; Pound, N2,250 / Fayemi Blasts Oshiomhole Over Edo APC Guber Primary Crisis / Dollar Will Crash In Less Than One Month” – Gov Abiodun Announces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.