Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom (7944 Views)

Kidnapped Al-Kadriyar Sisters Regain Freedom In Abuja / Abducted Greenfield University Students Regain Freedom / BREAKING: Zamfara Twins Regain Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by sketching: 5:01am On Feb 16
BREAKING: Terrorists Release Abducted Students Of Nigeria’s Al-Qalam University In Katsina

This was confirmed by the father of one of the abductees who revealed that the students regained their freedom on Wednesday night after spending 30 days in the terrorists’ den.

The students of Al-Qalam University in Katsina State who were kidnapped by terrorists in January have been released.

This was confirmed by the father of one of the abductees who revealed that the students regained their freedom on Wednesday night after spending 30 days in the terrorists’ den.

The victims, Habiba Shatali, a 200-level of Political Science student, Mariam Musa, a 400-level Microbiology student and Yusuf Abdulazeez, a 400-level Mathematics student, were abducted around Kurfi, Dutsinma on January 14, 2024, while heading back to school from Minna, the Niger State capital.

The trio travelled home for the Christmas and New Year break but met at the motor park in Minna where they agreed to travel together back to school.

Sadly, they were waylaid by gunmen suspected to be bandits on their way to school.

Eighteen days after the abduction of the students, the parents of two of them - Maryam and Habiba - in a letter to the Niger State Governor, Alhaji Umoru Mohammed Bago, urged him to urgently intervene.

They pleaded with the governor to ensure the release of their children.

“I'm pleased to inform you that my daughter whom had been in captivity over a month had regain her freedom alongside others, yesterday night 14, February, 2024 at about 8pm.

“Both are all in good health as at present,” the father of one of the victims said.

The bandits had contacted the parents and demanded a ransom of N100 million to secure the release of each student but later reduced the ransom figure to N50 million and later down to N25 million.

A source who spoke to SaharaReporters on condition of anonymity while the students were still in captivity said, “The kidnappers have now reduced the ransom and agreed to collect N25 million on each student but till today we have not heard anything from the Katsina State Government and Commissioner of Police. Nobody is talking to us on the matter. As we speak no parents have been able to raise the money.”

The public also condemned the uncaring and insensitive attitude of the government towards the plight of the affected students and called for a holistic approach to rescuing the victims.

The Secretary of the National Association of Nigerian Students in Niger State, Comrade Mohammed Ibrahim, urged the state government to work with the Katsina State Government to fast-track the release of the students who have been languishing in captivity for two weeks.

He expressed confidence that the Niger State Government was doing everything possible to ensure the safe return of the students

https://saharareporters.com/2024/02/15/breaking-terrorists-release-abducted-students-nigerias-al-qalam-university-katsina

4 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by sketching: 5:06am On Feb 16
Ransom is enough to relocate to a first world country.

6 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by Authoreety: 6:31am On Feb 16
Ok
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by MVLOX(m): 6:31am On Feb 16
Kidnappers don cash out again..... See where we don reach for Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by BigDawsNet: 6:31am On Feb 16
God is good

With the state police, I'm certain kidnapping will reduce

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by GABRIEL6036: 6:32am On Feb 16
Happy for her
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by Eriokanmi: 6:32am On Feb 16
MVLOX:
Kidnappers don cash out again..... See where we don reach for Nigeria
It's still like a dream to me, the way Nigeria has been turned into. Guess who are the causes? Leaders!. Same people many ignorant Nigerians are still worshipping

17 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by easyfem(m): 6:33am On Feb 16
i just dey wonder aw this kind of news become normal in nigeria .... a country that has soldier, police , governor and president

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by gabmanuel(m): 6:33am On Feb 16
Weldone...
Kidnap and release now sounding like a good news when the terrorist should have been fought to a spot.

Nigeria weldone.

5 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by Quality20(m): 6:40am On Feb 16
North just dey fear person these days, well I hope they weren't molested

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by tnerro1(m): 6:53am On Feb 16
Na dem dem, e no concern us
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by Timolande: 7:00am On Feb 16
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by STEWpid(f): 7:00am On Feb 16
Chai..

Hope say dem no sleep with them?

Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by Bahamas95(m): 7:09am On Feb 16
STEWpid:
Chai..

So if dem tell you dat thing you go believe?
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by superCleanworks(m): 7:11am On Feb 16
STEWpid:
Chai..

ok
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by Angelfrost(m): 7:12am On Feb 16
Keeping paying high amounts to the kidnappers... More will join the "Business".

Calling in the government?!! To help you pay ransom, and after that what next?!!

Maybe governors should start allocating Billions every month for settling Kidnappers. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by MVLOX(m): 7:13am On Feb 16
Eriokanmi:
It's still like a dream to me, the way Nigeria has been turned into. Guess who are the causes? Leaders!. Same people many ignorant Nigerians are still worshipping

You have said it..... It confirma what the Bible says when it states that man has dominated man to his injury.....
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by Shedrack777: 7:24am On Feb 16
I hope say them no taste her abunnan? Cos I love the girl
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by Johnwrite(m): 7:33am On Feb 16
They should change since the are now free
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by STEWpid(f): 7:39am On Feb 16
Bahamas95:
So if dem tell you dat thing you go believe?

Shedrack777:
I hope say them no taste her abunnan? Cos I love the girl

Chai..
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by ideatoprince18(m): 7:44am On Feb 16
She should go home and vote Tiluumbu no more
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by wethebest(m): 8:15am On Feb 16
Nawa
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by Daystar7: 10:09am On Feb 16
Arrangee.... The university itself is a terrorist breeding university lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by AbuAeesha: 11:21am On Feb 16
Daystar7:
Arrangee.... The university itself is a terrorist breeding university lol

stop disgracing urself in public undecided
this is an unfortunate event!
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by Sctests: 12:53pm On Feb 16
Quality20:
North just dey fear person these days, well I hope they weren't molested

It is near impossible for those girls to be in your drug-induced almajiri kidnappers den without being molested. You Muslims are sex addicts.

You should be praying they are not pregnant with almajiri and terrorists babies.

#CursedNorth
Re: Kidnapped Al-Qalam University Students Regain Freedom by Nokio2: 4:29pm On Feb 16
U go dey job interview
People are like i went go unijos,unilag,unimaid
U go open mouth waaaa
I went to al qalam...u go read iron condemn

(1) (Reply)

Live Robbery At Lekki: Police Kills 4 Of 5 Men / Access Bank Fraudulent Activities. (Pictures as Proof) / 2 Children And 5 Adults Kidnapped In Suleja, Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.