Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,878 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira (28383 Views)

Man Sprays Bagful of Dollar Notes From Upstairs to Passers-by in Shopping Mall / CBN To Refund ₦35 Million Capital Deposits To BDC Applicants / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Corrections: 1:01pm On Feb 16
koyeni:
If i need dollar.. you'd tell me to go to Aboki....now, u want to buy mine by force..no be juju be that

That is example of corruption we are talking about. See what corruption has done to the economy and is not stopping yet because corruption is still being practiced at large.
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Bobloco: 1:01pm On Feb 16
blacknp, Are you aware of this?

If yes! What do you have to say?
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Chicagograduate(m): 1:01pm On Feb 16
Celestialsword:
Capital NO, because we cannot survive, since we imports all our needs not with naira but the dollar.
It is not only importation.Those japaing needs it.Politicians who always travel abroad to hold secret meetings needs the dollar.The elites whose children are having their education or live abroad needs the dollar to purchase their needs.Some Nigeria private institutions ask their students to pay in dollars too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Celestialsword: 1:03pm On Feb 16
Chicagograduate:
It is not only importation.Those japaing needs it.Politicians who always travel abroad to hold secret meetings needs the dollar.The elites whose children are having their education or live abroad needs the dollar to purchase their needs.Some Nigeria private institutions ask their students to pay in dollars too.
The dollar is the life wire of the nigerian economy
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by oluwasunkanmi97(m): 1:04pm On Feb 16
ogawisdom:
Dear Nigerian Military the time is now. We beg you to save Nigeria cry

Under Major General Lagbaja ??
Can that actually be possible ?

Hmmm. Ok oo.
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by thesicilian: 1:04pm On Feb 16
Temidayo9:

Poor students don't have Naira let alone Dollars
By poor I meant "helpless"
Except you used yours as a pun
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by neoG(f): 1:04pm On Feb 16
Please tell me this is not true what you just said. If possible screenshot this "day light robbery" rate and tag CBN on Twitter. They will be fined. Yesterday I sold a little for urgent needs through my own bank app for 1480/$ even though it is below the black market rate I also could have done for 1560/$ on another platform.
Sctests:

And at a rate set by them.

I opened my Access bank app today and they asking me to sell at N1,100. Dem for carry gun come put am for my head.
Money that I attracted from outside the shores of Nigeria every month as a medical scientist and remote professional, you want to take it by force.

Let me come back to Nigeria and look for those funds. They will see craze.

CBN regulation is not sacrosanct law. I am not paying for their incompetence in that country. Leave my dollars INTACT.
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Chicagograduate(m): 1:05pm On Feb 16
ogawisdom:

Yes at least they will conduct a better election in three years time.
Yakubu announced the winner of the 2023 presidential election results by midnight when everyone has gone to bed.Did that tell you the election was credible?
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Great0ne1: 1:05pm On Feb 16
TheGiftedOne:
Blockchain technology you do this one for me.

Thank you crypto.

Darling USDT.

πŸ™Œ
Keep throwing it to there faces. Until they stupidly decide that crypto is the cause of nigeria economic collapse and start targeting once more. Just keep calm and do your crypto thing.

1 Like

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Sctests: 1:08pm On Feb 16
neoG:
Please tell me this is not true what you just said. If possible screenshot this "day light robbery" rate and tag CBN on Twitter. They will be fined. Yesterday I sold a little for urgent needs through my own bank app for 1480/$ even though it is below the black market rate I also could have done for 1560/$ on another platform.

Ask any one using the Access bank app with a dorm account. I am shocked at the brazen attempt at thievery by Access Bank.

Thieves, they are.

I have attached the picture.

1 Share

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Chicagograduate(m): 1:08pm On Feb 16
oluwasunkanmi97:

Hmmm. Ok oo.
Check the history of coup.The junior ranks were the ones who carryout the coup if not all but mosttimes.The senior officers only give orders.What if the junior ranks who are experienced and carry the guns refused to obey?There will be anarchy.

1 Like

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by oluwasunkanmi97(m): 1:12pm On Feb 16
Chicagograduate:
Check the history of coup.The junior ranks were the ones who carryout the coup if not all but mosttimes.

Well, that's true.

1 Like

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Great0ne1: 1:12pm On Feb 16
Sctests:

And at a rate set by them.

I opened my Access bank app today and they asking me to sell at N1,100. Dem for carry gun come put am for my head.
Money that I attracted from outside the shores of Nigeria every month as a medical scientist and remote professional, you want to take it by force.

Let me come back to Nigeria and look for those funds. They will see craze.

CBN regulation is not sacrosanct law. I am not paying for their incompetence in that country. Leave my dollars INTACT.
Oga pull your money out of the bank fast. Though is an illegitimate government, you can't fight a government. Nigeria has no law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by TheGiftedOne(m): 1:17pm On Feb 16
NuCypher:

Learn about USDT. What you are holding is toxic asset. Even the tether organisation doesn't have 1:1 assets to back USDT. You guys holding USDT are all going to burn one day. I said it.

Who is this crying more than the bereaved? My friend will you get out of my sight? I rememble bulaba in anyway? Go and cry to your operators not me.

1 Like

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Great0ne1: 1:18pm On Feb 16
oluwasunkanmi97:

Hmmm. Ok oo.
Is possible ,but sentiments and tribalism will be the hindrance.
The people will finally revolt. It is inevitable and will surely happen soon. The lower ranks millitary officers sent to quel the tension, will sabotage there ogas and allow the people to triumph. This will be the end of Nigeria
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Great0ne1: 1:20pm On Feb 16
Sctests:

Ask any one using the Access bank app with a dorm account. I am shocked at the brazen attempt at thievery by Access Bank.

Thieves, they are.

I have attached the picture.
They are criminals like there late ceo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by koyeni(m): 1:20pm On Feb 16
Great0ne1:

Is possible ,but sentiments and tribalism will be the hindrance.
The people will finally revolt. It is inevitable and will surely happen soon. The lower ranks millitary officers sent to quel the tension, will sabotage there ogas and allow the people to triumph. This will be the end of Nigeria
I'm surprised Nigerians have not even taken to the streets. one thing I know for sure is that there's hunger and anger in the land and we hope things dont spiral out of control if the government fails to act fast
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Nellsworld(m): 1:23pm On Feb 16
waveman2:
But must you get physical dollar from your domiciliary account while you are here in Nigeria.They should be restricted to only electronic payment but if you want physical cash you get equivalent in naira.we actually spend naira here not dollars.
Is it urs, y should bank restrict someone from withdrawing his/her dollars, must someone convert it in naira. Please stop acting childish
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by cucumbar: 1:24pm On Feb 16
TheGiftedOne:

Thank you crypto.

Darling USDT.

πŸ™Œ
please how do I open a USDT account ?
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Sleekfingers: 1:29pm On Feb 16
Seequadry:
10 vessel of forign rice into this economy will balance many things up..... But the power that be must not be touched, let the opoor continue to suffer

How about other food?
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Nellsworld(m): 1:32pm On Feb 16
cucumbar:
please how do I open a USDT account ?
Download a wallet like metamask or trust wallet, register, save ur 12 or 24 password, or you download Binance or okx, register and buy usdt from their platform
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by freemi(m): 1:40pm On Feb 16
SoNature:
Telling people who have USD in their dorm accounts to sell them to banks won't save this country. This government knows the drastic measures they have to take to increase Nigeria's USD liquidity. The only problem is that their interests will be hurt and they will lose a lot of money in the process.
increase usd liquidity to be used for what? And how will that help the naira
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by IkeAnumudu: 1:43pm On Feb 16
RepoMan007:
Lol. He should come clean and tell us the situation of things.

Most people are waiting for dollar to hit N5000 or N10000 before selling and may not yield to the bank's request.

Cancel petrol, electricity subsidies and import food at federal level. He is doing strong head. Farmers won't double their output overnight in an industry dominated by unlearned folks. Never. Import food now or regret it.

CHILD OF HATE, rest!

Thank God it’s not a slowpoke like you managing the economy as you would have crashed it.

All this economic ideas you have, direct them to your Plime Minister, Simon Ekpa.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Verbtips(m): 1:44pm On Feb 16
Paraman:
Food can be imported on the short run while the government keeps on working hard to make sure we can expand production of rice, wheat, cassava, yam, maize etc
nigeria has no money
if am correct
$1=1500

1 Like

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by anyilalaz: 1:44pm On Feb 16
Paraman:
I wander why the Government don't want to import food on the short run... I don't just understand.

Just allow individuals to import food for a short term ''him dey do strong head''. The planting season and harvest is still far with all insecurities.
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by airsaylongcome: 1:46pm On Feb 16
waveman2:
But must you get physical dollar from your domiciliary account while you are here in Nigeria.They should be restricted to only electronic payment but if you want physical cash you get equivalent in naira.we actually spend naira here not dollars.

It's nobody's business. When I was depositing into the account, did I deposit Naira? Will the banks accept Naira deposit and convert it to dollar? Rubbish talk

1 Like

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Babalegba(m): 1:53pm On Feb 16
ProudNigerian01:
Omo those Nigerians with dollar deposits will feel very smart right now. Forget inducing, their money no dey go anywhere.

Meanwhile,

Don't just claim you know God, show it in your thoughts, words and actions.

You can deny God in your actions and the places you go. Don't go to where Jesus would not want to be found. Don't do what Jesus wouldn't do.

Titus.1.16 - They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

God bless you. Amen.
You are a clown bringing God's name into disrepute. The first part of your post sided with people hurting the Nigerian economy and suffering the masses by saving in dollars and making the naira weak.
They will lose heavily in the long run but it might take time. You don't know God at all. Your pontifications are meaningless
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by horpe132(m): 1:53pm On Feb 16
RepoMan007:
I am not talking of giving money to people to go and buy it. I am talking o govt buying it in bulk and allowing the people pay closer to the real value for it.
In a nutshell, govt should subsidise foodstuffs for now
Well it sounds good, but I doubt it'll be good in practice....
Nigerian love free things, if the govt starts that now, it'll be hard to end it... Just like the due subsidy
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by okeysoninv: 1:54pm On Feb 16
TheGiftedOne:

Thank you crypto.

Darling USDT.

πŸ™Œ
your wise man .
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by GeneralDae: 1:56pm On Feb 16
Paraman:
I wander why the Government don't want to import food on the short run... I don't just understand.

If he says he would import food, it may discourage local farmers.
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by chidiokay: 2:07pm On Feb 16
thesicilian:

Now that the government needs the money, direct conversation of dollars to naira is possible within seconds. But when poor students need dollars for international fees payments, they will fill forms and wait for weeks and months.
I laugh in foreign language.
[i]
What I fear most is that they might begin forcefully converting these dorm accounts to naira if the owners don't agree, [/i]or placing illegal charges on the accounts to siphone the money little by little.

Your fears bears no national interest or concern for the hardship dollarized economy is having on Nigerians

The only reason the govt is being polite and hestitant to throttle Domiciliary account is becos it affect mainly the Rich, friends and family.

IF domilicary account were to be for the poor by now CBN would have clamp down on it,
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by ProudNigerian01: 2:23pm On Feb 16
Babalegba:
You are a clown bringing God's name into disrepute. The first part of your post sided with people hurting the Nigerian economy and suffering the masses by saving in dollars and making the naira weak.
They will lose heavily in the long run but it might take time. You don't know God at all. Your pontifications are meaningless

I certainly didn't mean to pass on that impression, I will delete that aspect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story / Aliexpress Payment Problem / Where Can I Buy Gold In Kano?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.