Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) (71601 Views)

You Can Earn Over N4,500,000 Yearly On Shortlets With One Unit Of This Apartment / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. / My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by G00dharddick: 4:22pm On Feb 17
MrBroke:

The same rent my landlord dey collect but still struggling to survive. Dey play

That's because your landlord sees the house as his retirement plan hence he didn't bother to hustle or keep hustling for more.

Advise him to sell that house off and use the money for something else
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by MrBroke(m): 4:30pm On Feb 17
G00dharddick:

That's because your landlord sees the house as his retirement plan hence he didn't bother to hustle or keep hustling for more.

Advise him to sell that house off and use the money for something else

Sell the house and use it for something else. Listen to yourself. So why build it in the first place, inflation is fuckin high, so him selling that house is like a loss. Build house with 20m 2008, sell the house for 15m - 20m in 2024 when that same amount has lost more than half it's value.
After selling the house, he's no longer a property owner o, no be u say make him Build house. So what's the difference living in a furnished nice apartment with 1million in 2008 and starting a business or an investment with 18m.
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by G00dharddick: 4:33pm On Feb 17
MrBroke:

Sell the house and use it for something else. Listen to yourself. So why build it in the first place, inflation is fuckin high, so him selling that house is like a loss. Build house with 20m 2008, sell the house for 15m - 20m in 2024 when that same amount has lost more than half it's value.
After selling the house, he's no longer a property owner o, no be say make him Build house.

At the bolded.

How old are you? Oga let him sell the house and he'll make a very good gain because Inflation is high. If he isn't in a hurry for cash then he'll sell it very well. How much for cement now? Abi u dey whine me? Is house a joke to you?

If I wan sell my land now you no how much I go sell. Oga anything less than 7m - 9m I no collect. So what are you saying?
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by MrBroke(m): 4:37pm On Feb 17
G00dharddick:

At the bolded.

How old are you? Oga let him sell the house and he'll make a very good gain because Inflation is high. If he isn't in a hurry for cash then he'll sell it very well. How much for cement now? Abi u dey whine me? Is house a joke to you?

If I wan sell my land now you no how much I go sell. Oga anything less than 7m - 9m I no collect. So what are you saying?

Sell am na. You know how much I use start my business 4 years ago and how much I don make, if to say I buy land then you know how I for suffer dey struggle. My business was taking care of me and still giving me little to invest. So I for buy land with the money come dey beg to chop abi. You dey ask me age. You know nothing about money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by bionixs: 4:39pm On Feb 17
Do not deceive yourself. If you are not comfortable , your work output will be low. The only issue I have with him is that he might be sharing same toilet with other neighbors. That I hate
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by G00dharddick: 4:41pm On Feb 17
MrBroke:

Sell am na. You know how much I use start my business 4 years ago and how much I don make, if to say I buy land then you know how I for suffer dey struggle. My business was taking care of me and still giving me little to invest. So I for buy land with the money come dey beg to chop abi. You dey ask me age. You know nothing about money

Read "the psychology of money" by Morgan Housel for proper understanding
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by Mrtaye: 4:50pm On Feb 17
Triangles1:

Best reply, they think to build house is easy.
No mind am
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by MrBroke(m): 4:57pm On Feb 17
G00dharddick:

Read "the psychology of money" by Morgan Housel for proper understanding

Oga calm down. Money doesn't have any psychology. Na u the spender get psychology.
There are so many ways to invest money, if someone decides to invest in the stock market or some manufacturing business while renting an apartment, it is the same gamble as your real estate and even a better stake. You think the 20m used in starting Zenith Bank if it was invested in Building a commercial property same year would worth what Zenith is worth now?

1 Like

Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by G00dharddick: 5:02pm On Feb 17
MrBroke:

Oga calm down. Money doesn't have any psychology. Na u the spender get psychology.
There are so many ways to invest money, if someone decides to invest in the stock market or some manufacturing business while renting an apartment, it is the same gamble as your real estate and even a better stake. You think the 20m used in starting Zenith Bank if it was invested in Building a commercial property same year would worth what Zenith is worth now?

Na you say your landlord is struggling, and I said you should tell the man to sell his house and use the money for something else. So what's the fuss about?
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by Honeydenz(f): 5:08pm On Feb 17
MrBroke:

The same rent my landlord dey collect but still struggling to survive. Dey play

The same rent landlords way dey my area dey collect but still dey suffer. Dey play

The same house street house owners I know get dey stay inside but dey struggle to eat food. Dey play
This is very real and true o, many people don't know sha, except for those who are a little close to their landlord.

My husband borrowed his landlord 5k this morning, after complaining as usual his financial difficulties, there re some before thier next rent they have borrowed half of thier total rent or even more. Am talking about a landlord of 4 units of 2 bedroom flats. Like, 2 bedroom flat in four places in d same compound.
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by Honeydenz(f): 5:10pm On Feb 17
G00dharddick:

What kind of motivational quote is this? Ment or malaria?

How can someone who owns a property be struggling to survive? Are you ok? Doesn't he collect rent or what? If e too worst he sells the property and use the money for his immediate usage! So what do you mean by someone who owns property be struggling to survive?
It happens My dear, reality talk.
My husband borrowed his landlord 5k this morning, after complaining as usual his financial difficulties, there re some before thier next rent they have borrowed half of thier total rent or even more. Am talking about a landlord of 4 units of 2 bedroom flats. Like, 2 bedroom flat in four places in d same compound.
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by MrBroke(m): 5:10pm On Feb 17
G00dharddick:

Na you say your landlord is struggling, and I said you should tell the man to sell his house and use the money for something else. So what's the fuss about?

I jumped in when someone here stated that poor people don't like to invest but spend money on frivolous things. So I was against his mindset. So you jumping in on my comment felt you were in support of him criticising the guy who furnished his apartment calling it a frivolous thing to do cause it seems you were siding with his notion
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by popular101(m): 5:55pm On Feb 17
Aza office... Always look like this grin

1 Like

Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:12pm On Feb 17
If it's his father's house. That's cool. If all he bought can be moved.. When leaving the house.. That's cool
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by G00dharddick: 7:12pm On Feb 17
Honeydenz:

It happens My dear, reality talk.

That must be a landlord who absolutely used his house for retirement plan.

Tell your husband to advise your landlord to sell the house off
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by AssCraver: 7:13pm On Feb 17
Nonexisting:
Poor people are very myopic. While the rich make, save and invest, the poor spend the little they make on frivolities. Why someone will rent a house and upgrade it when he should be thinking of building his own is something I still can't figure.

Shut up my fren. Forming rubbish woke. What’s wrong in a guy making nothing out of something for himself?

1 Like

Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by Melagros(m): 11:15pm On Feb 17
arantess:

Everyone is rich on nairaland tongue
I dey tell you including me wei no see garri chop grin grin grin
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by MrSly(m): 3:11am On Feb 18
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
you are extremely poor, so stop insulting poor people, I have over 30people under my daily payroll, I understand how important poor people impact mean to development in society. Those who have small change in account brag like fools, I can employ you and pay your income double. So you are poor therefore stop insulting poor people

Rubbish. You judged someone and labelled him poor because he replied you. Now you are claiming to be paying 30 people daily while you have time quoting people. What an incoherent logic. The spoken words never matched with actions base on your on standards and premise of argument. And I wonder how many sane people are actually here.
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by Konquest: 3:13am On Feb 18
onthehill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rUUgyTM7ls?si=eybMcZI0BXd10Quc
The interior makeover isn't bad. The exterior wall of the house just needs some painting to make the entire house come alive.
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:06am On Feb 18
MrSly:

Rubbish. You judged someone and labelled him poor because he replied you. Now you are claiming to be paying 30 people daily while you have time quoting people. What an incoherent logic. The spoken words never matched with actions base on your on standards and premise of argument. And I wonder how many sane people are actually here.
I wonder if your brain is working, you have no idea where it started, you just Jump like antelopes to the matter.
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by Nikes(m): 9:03am On Feb 18
People calling the guy poor, myopic, yahoo boy yen yen yen. OK first of all, the set up on that guy's table isn't typical of a yahoo boy's set up. That's a programmer's set up. A lot of programmers I know like to live on a low key. Comfort is key for most of them because their job requires a comfortable space, not lavish or raggedy. The boy used a laptop to close his face because he didn't furnish his house to impress anyone on the internet. It was for his own consumption. Una go sidon judge person wey una no even sabi how e life be
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by Sleekfingers: 1:07pm On Feb 18
dopedan:
Na this kind place i dey like, ur neighbors go think say u dey d same level with them, but unknowingly to them you have gone far and left them in d dust

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Inside that dilapidated house?
Re: This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) by Demurray: 4:53pm On Feb 18
OkoAmarashy:

That's how you people use the money that would have improved your life and earning power to build houses in bush.
Boss man, it's being a while, trust business is blossom.
What's happening with OKealaaye by moniker?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of A House On Top Of Another House / Five Tallest Buildings In Nigeria As At 2021 (Pictures) / 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.