Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? (39920 Views)

BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu / BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price / Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by Babinski: 9:06pm On Feb 17
MASTERCHIEF0847:

You have no idea.
For me it's a signature, for you it's genetic grin... you were born brain-dead stupid.

One of the hallmarks of a dead brain is the hurling of abusive words when clearly it is lacking in compelling argument or evidence to support it's claims.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by justmondris: 9:33pm On Feb 17
MASTERCHIEF0847:
Increase in cost of production, transportation etc... that is what you get in a dollar-dependent economy.

Most of the things used for cement production are obtained locally and the cost of production not increase drastically since the price of fuel and diesel has not increased recently or drastically. Do you know what's the problem?
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by rhames(m): 10:13pm On Feb 17
MASTERCHIEF0847:

So cost of production has remained the same for cement manufacturers while everything else is on the increase?
Make una dey use una brain before making a comment abeg.
Cement production involves mining with heavy equipment that can only be imported as well as it's spare parts and paid for in dollars,those responsible for repairs are also expatriates who will not be paid in naira, add cost of diesel for running the factory at over 1000 naira per liter as well as importing gypsum and others then you will understand. Pay a visit to the quarry of any cement manufacturer then you will understand cement production is capital intensive.
This headless mob attacking me for saying cost of production...i asked one to give an alternative explanation to mine and the farm tool said the reason is Tinubu grin grin grin. Na so sentiments go make you fail exam.

Please educate them that diesel price is also on the increase

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by maasoap(m): 10:14pm On Feb 17
bizzibodi:

My brother No artificial scarcity cements are everywhere.
There was artificial scarcity. In fact, that was the genesis.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by maasoap(m): 10:16pm On Feb 17
rhames:

Since when the issue of increase in price of diesel start that it is now the reason price of cement jumped from 5200 naira to 10500 naira within four weeks?
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by Pickieox(m): 10:24pm On Feb 17
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Me too am in Abuja chilling in my own house in Games Village grin if you doubt come and see for yourself.
Unlike you am not a government lap-dog and i prepared for this mess long enough.
Dangote doesn't formulate government policies, your tin-God Tinubu is the one doing that. Shege banza!

I've been following your analysis lately. I later discovered you goofed after I struck a balance among all argument presented. You goofed especially with this comment of yours. What a crude Nigerian you are. If you are chilling in game village, what is the big deal? Do you know where your mates are? A typical Nigerian striving to be better than his counterparts without thinking of personal growth and collective growth. You are a reflection of the monsters (looters) in power.

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by akinsmail51: 10:55pm On Feb 17
This may likely be due to the rise in their cost of production, mind you they also buy inputs.

Some of these companies make use of diesel in large quantities and once there's a rise in the price of diesel, their cost of production goes higher.

Not only that, some of these companies employ foreigners whom they pay their salaries in dollars. Whatever affects the dollar affects their production costs.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by rhames(m): 11:11pm On Feb 17
maasoap:

Since when the issue of increase in price of diesel start that it is now the reason price of cement jumped from 5200 naira to 10500 naira within four weeks?

Diesel is imported
Gypsum is imported
Paper package is imported
If there were substitutes the price of the finished product cement will not increase.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by Hotice085: 12:15am On Feb 18
rhames:

Diesel is imported
Gypsum is imported
If there were substitutes the price of the finished product cement will not increase.

Mr man do you think these companies don't have stocks that they have bought that will last them even up to two years or you think it akara market or okrika business that you buy stock everyday?

Nonsense talk
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by jumper524(m): 12:16am On Feb 18
MASTERCHIEF0847:

So cost of production has remained the same for cement manufacturers while everything else is on the increase?
Cement production involves mining with heavy equipment that can only be imported as well as it's spare parts and paid for in dollars,those responsible for repairs are also expatriates who will not be paid in naira, add cost of diesel for running the factory at over 1000 naira per liter as well as importing gypsum and others then you will understand. Pay a visit to the quarry of any cement manufacturer then you will understand cement production is capital intensive.
This headless mob attacking me for saying cost of production...i asked one to give an alternative explanation to mine and the farm tool said the reason is Tinubu grin grin grin. Na so sentiments go make you fail exam.
dollar moved from 1300 to 1600 while cement moved from 5 to 10k do the maths, everything is on the increase no doubt, but cement with 90percent locally sourced materials moved by 100%.
kolewerk..
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by gaskiyamagana: 3:35am On Feb 18
bizzibodi:

Even investment own by whites black still steal under their nose.local contents laws made it mandatory for locals coys to handles some aspect unless he does has d capacity.still it is d Nigerian management that brings in expatriates for what can be fixed cheaper because of what they will get bringing in expatriates.
Yes, true.
What they failed to realise doing that is increase in unemployment that is one of the sources of evils which they too are not immune against or have been victims of in one way or the other.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 8:38am On Feb 18
Pickieox:

I've been following your analysis lately. I later discovered you goofed after I struck a balance among all argument presented. You goofed especially with this comment of yours. What a crude Nigerian you are. If you are chilling in game village, what is the big deal? Do you know where your mates are? A typical Nigerian striving to be better than his counterparts without thinking of personal growth and collective growth. You are a reflection of the monsters (looters) in power.
I don't care where my mates are, i don't care where anybody is...i only care about my ambitions and how to go about achieving them. From your statement it's clear you suffer from inferiority complex that's why you are so bothered about "where your mates are" and can't live your own life. The big deal about me living in games village is that i used my own personal money i earned from my hustle from my days as a student and later intern to buy my own house, i no dey live with my papa or pay rent cheesy ... If e easy do am.
I will assume you suffer from dyslexia so you couldn't read the previous comments that lead to that your highlighted comment of mine cheesy
Good thing is your opinion about me has no effect on me, it's just another one of thousands of opinions about me which is a human thing, even Dangote, Tinubu, Okonjo-Iweala, Ned Nwoko, Wike etc una dey express opinion about on NL so who am i? cheesy ...carry on jare' , na me buy you data? Dan Banza! grin grin grin
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by eldoradoxx: 8:40am On Feb 18
If you are manufacturing goods, selling or distributing goods or rendering any form of service in Nigeria and you have not adjusted your prices, you are on a one way ticket to poverty.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 8:50am On Feb 18
Babinski:

One of the hallmarks of a dead brain is the hurling of abusive words when clearly it is lacking in compelling argument or evidence to support it's claims.
A dead brain can't type a sentence and post on the internet... cheesy cheesy cheesy . I made a compelling argument, i even provided backed up my claims with references and particular instances it's all there in the comments...but i guess you suffer from selective dyslexia so you missed those grin
I challenge you to any OPEN intellectual challenge of YOUR CHOICE and i bet you i will still floor you... i dare you to take this challenge or forever keep silent you numskull cheesy Diam pls grin grin grin
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 8:55am On Feb 18
rhames:

They already know this fact but they need to win an argument cheesy...welcome to Nairaland.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by predictor1: 9:52am On Feb 18
isArray:
Most definitely cost of production
Cost of production plus profiteering.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by Pickieox(m): 9:54am On Feb 18
MASTERCHIEF0847:

I don't care where my mates are, i don't care where anybody is...i only care about my ambitions and how to go about achieving them. From your statement it's clear you suffer from inferiority complex that's why you are so bothered about "where your mates are" and can't live your own life. The big deal about me living in games village is that i used my own personal money i earned from my hustle from my days as a student and later intern to buy my own house, i no dey live with my papa or pay rent cheesy ... If e easy do am.
I will assume you suffer from dyslexia so you couldn't read the previous comments that lead to that your highlighted comment of mine cheesy
Good thing is your opinion about me has no effect on me, it's just another one of thousands of opinions about me which is a human thing, even Dangote, Tinubu, Okonjo-Iweala, Ned Nwoko, Wike etc una dey express opinion about on NL so who am i? cheesy ...carry on jare' , na me buy you data? Dan Banza! grin grin grin

I thought you have sense but you proved me wrong. My kids read and laughed at your jab of inferiority complex. On that one, I bet you can't match my kids with all the gibberish you typed up there.

FYI, I don't need to show you things to prove my worth. You are just a boy, you are still growing and it's a process.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by YorubaKing: 11:09am On Feb 18
MASTERCHIEF0847:

That fool is a dollar billionaire and the richest black man on earth...you that is not a fool is battling with existential crisis as a result of hardship grin .
The poor hate the rich syndrome is strong with this one

You're absolutely correct. Nigerians are battling poverty as a result of the foolish decisions intentionally made by the Vagabonds-In-Power to enrich themselves at the pple's expense. angry

You wonder why 90% of Nigerians remains poor. It's cuz of ur mentality. Olofo! 😡
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by Babinski: 11:21am On Feb 18
MASTERCHIEF0847:

A dead brain can't type a sentence and post on the internet... cheesy cheesy cheesy . I made a compelling argument, i even provided backed up my claims with references and particular instances it's all there in the comments...but i guess you suffer from selective dyslexia so you missed those grin
I challenge you to any OPEN intellectual challenge of YOUR CHOICE and i bet you i will still floor you... i dare you to take this challenge or forever keep silent you numskull cheesy Diam pls grin grin grin

Checked through some.of your posts and it appears "dyslexia" is the new buzzword you just learnt for insulting people.

You claims on providing references and instance is laughable. You make reference to the cost of a Kiln which is a capital cost that is at best amortized and even so at local currency conversion rate at time of purchase or installation. You make references to Diesel when Dangote cement runs on gas turbines and the gas is sourced locally from NNPC, etc.

The major operating costs in cement production is the cost of raw materials and power. And I have shown these are locally sourced. Transportation, personnel and marketing costs do not warrant the upsurge we see in price differential over a short period. So where is your argument?

If you make your points so easily and backed up with strong evidence, you would not need to challenge anyone to prove your intellectual capacity. You only prove things that are in doubt. How often have you had to prove you are a man when all can see you are one?
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 12:13pm On Feb 18
Pickieox:

I thought you have sense but you proved me wrong. My kids read and laughed at your jab of inferiority complex. On that one, I bet you can't match my kids with all the gibberish you typed up there.

FYI, I don't need to show you things to prove my worth. You are just a boy, you are still growing and it's a process.
Kids? You have kids? What a tragedy, which woman was dumb enough to procreate with a brain-dead stupid person like you and continue a lineage of idiots? I don't want to match your kids, i want to match their foolish daddy.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18
Babinski:

Checked through some.of your posts and it appears "dyslexia" is the new buzzword you just learnt for insulting people.

You claims on providing references and instance is laughable. You make reference to the cost of a Kiln which is a capital cost that is at best amortized and even so at local currency conversion rate at time of purchase or installation. You make references to Diesel when Dangote cement runs on gas turbines and the gas is sourced locally from NNPC, etc.

The major operating costs in cement production is the cost of raw materials and power. And I have shown these are locally sourced. Transportation, personnel and marketing costs do not warrant the upsurge we see in price differential over a short period. So where is your argument?

If you make your points so easily and backed up with strong evidence, you would not need to challenge anyone to prove your intellectual capacity. You only prove things that are in doubt. How often have you had to prove you are a man when all can see you are one?
Your ignorance on the operations of cement production is as bright as daylight, it's better to engage a wall in an argument to engage a numskull like you.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by Lifemanage: 12:40pm On Feb 18
Pickieox:

A direct reflection of the monsters in power. The thought of personal good over collective good. Only in Nigeria do people think of themselves over the collective good of others. That's how our politicians behave too. We have a long road as citizens

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by bizzibodi(m): 1:25pm On Feb 18
maasoap:

There was artificial scarcity. In fact, that was the genesis.
Cement is not scarce unless you are saying d factory refuse to release them to d market making seller to hold into their products so that they will all benefits from d hikes in price.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by bizzibodi(m): 1:28pm On Feb 18
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Where in Nigeria can a cement kiln be manufactured?
Am not saying cement kiln is manufactures on Nigeria...but it is not very complex it is just made of heat resistant metal,ceramic,heating elements & probes.
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 2:30pm On Feb 18
bizzibodi:

Am not saying cement kiln is manufactures on Nigeria...but it is not very complex it is just made of heat resistant metal,ceramic,heating elements & probes.
grin grin grin
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by Pickieox(m): 4:21pm On Feb 18
Lifemanage:

A direct reflection of the monsters in power. The thought of personal good over collective good. Only in Nigeria do people think of themselves over the collective good of others. That's how our politicians behave too. We have a long road as citizens

It pained me a lot when I see the way Nigerians think over themselves at the expense of others. Not knowing it's going to affect them at the long run. When I first travel to Belgium, the Belgians live a very simple and modest life but trust me most of our brethren from here, they are just "crazy about the western and capitalistic life to pile up wealth upon wealth.

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by maasoap(m): 4:23pm On Feb 18
bizzibodi:

Cement is not scarce unless you are saying d factory refuse to release them to d market making seller to hold into their products so that they will all benefits from d hikes in price.
That's what I meant now! They intentionally halted or reduced the supply. That was the beginning of the price hyper increase
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by maasoap(m): 4:28pm On Feb 18
rhames:

Diesel is imported
Gypsum is imported
My point is that the prices all these items didn't start to increase just four weeks ago, it had been on the increase way back since Tinubu came on board. The price of cement on the other hand just skyrocketed within the last four weeks or so. And the rate at which the price of cement jumped didn't match the time line of the increase in the prices of its so called "raw materials". grin grin grin
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by Lifemanage: 5:38pm On Feb 18
Pickieox:

It pained me a lot when I see the way Nigerians think over themselves at the expense of others. Not knowing it's going to affect them at the long run. When I first travel to Belgium, the Belgians live a very simple and modest life but trust me most of our brethren from here, they are just "crazy about the western and capitalistic life to pile up wealth upon wealth.
This is another profound quest to the capitalist system which we so admire here in Nigeria. Can u tell us more?
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by Lifemanage: 7:37pm On Feb 18
Lifemanage:
Dangote definitely has nothing good to offer Nigerians as the richest man. He will soon face the wrath of the masses
My most liked comment. Nigerian elites and politicians are thoroughly useless now
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by Cromagnon: 10:10pm On Feb 18
Oxb90:
No other reason than to fleece the populace.
really, then why don't you build your own cement plant with dollar loan then sell for 2,000 naira
Re: Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? by Cromagnon: 10:11pm On Feb 18
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Brain ke
Our ppl don't use it at all
They've handed it over to govt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Celebrates Christmas With Family (photos) / Woman Uses Her ‘Spider-Woman’ Skills To Gain Entry Into Banking Hall / N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.