Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,560 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics (42605 Views)

Kogi, Lagos, Rivers Most Expensive States In Nigeria – NBS / Most Expensive States To Live In Based On Inflation Rates / The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by CuteNbad(m): 8:14am On Feb 18
LoveLeadsLand:
Out of the 10 states, 2 are in the North while 8 are in the South. Out of the 8 in the South, 4 are in the South-west, 2 in the South-East, and 2 in the South-South. Out of the 2 states in the North, 1 is in the North-Central and 1 in the North-West.

Source: Nairametrics
ENUGU should be topping this list!!
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Saintinoo(m): 8:33am On Feb 18
Gerrard59:

Bauchi is cheap because there are no good jobs that offer career progression for young graduates. That is the reality. Should Bauchi become like Ogun, it would become expensive as many people will troop into the state.

So is Bauchi cheap,and nairamatrics carriers of fake statistics? That is my argument here, I don't care about what job is in where and how people troop in.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Tommydare(m): 9:09am On Feb 18
I've been to atleast 3 states in the east and 3 in the south and the west is where I know very well. Things are more expensive in Anambra, imo and Enugu compare to oyo. The same goes for edo, rivers and akwa ibom.
Gerrard59:

That cannot be true. Have you been to every state across Southern Nigeria?
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by enigma0: 9:17am On Feb 18
Gerrard59:

Bauchi is cheap because there are no good jobs that offer career progression for young graduates. That is the reality. Should Bauchi become like Ogun, it would become expensive as many people will troop into the state.
You nailed it, should bauchi,kogi nd others have lots of entry level jobs paying as low as 80~100k, the cost of living will automatically increases, its basic &simple econs. An example is oyo that was touted as one of cheapest before not now anymore. Although, the stats nairametrics put up is debatable cos there is no way those states will be ahead of lago7
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Gerrard59(m): 10:02am On Feb 18
Saintinoo:

So is Bauchi cheap,and nairamatrics carriers of fake statistics? That is my argument here, I don't care about what job is in where and how people troop in.

Nairametrics' stats was about food inflation, not the cost of living. The title of this thread is wrong. That is where the problem comes from.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Gerrard59(m): 10:04am On Feb 18
enigma0:

You nailed it, should bauchi,kogi nd others have lots of entry level jobs paying as low as 80~100k, the cost of living will automatically increases, its basic &simple econs. An example is oyo that was touted as one of cheapest before not now anymore. Although, the stats nairametrics put up is debatable cos there is no way those states will be ahead of lago7

Food inflation, not cost of living. The heading is wrong. The body mentions only food inflation.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Offpoint1: 11:25am On Feb 18
aysuprano:
lol

So you are saying it’s cheaper than to live in Ibadan than in Lagos?

You must be high
The list was compiled by a drunkard.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Chasito(m): 11:26am On Feb 18
IyaTola:
This is one of the most expensive states to live in Nigeria despite the huge oil revenue. cry
na those yahoo boys wey dey make things hard for ordinary people wey dey hustle legit, they don't bargain, they are ready to pay any amount.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Chasito(m): 11:27am On Feb 18
Samunique:
I was going to ask about Imo state, you see that state is damn too expensive .
aswear bro, that place no dey easy to stay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Chasito(m): 11:28am On Feb 18
Lordofalmajiri:

Delta state should be top 5
Exactly.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Chasito(m): 11:37am On Feb 18
EdiskyHarry:
I'm from Akwa ibom.
AKWA IBOM is only big on paper and on the internet.
Nothing is working here, apart from worship centers, big hotels, beautiful stadiums and 10 lanes roads. human capital development here is zero, unemployment is very high, and the government is doing nothing about it.
But you will see ignorant Akwa ibomites bragging about having the best worship centers, stadiums and hotel in Nigeria.
You can quote me and insult me, but I must let people know this bitter truth.
you are correct💯, I'm currently serving in Akwa ibom, omo nothing dey this place, na just church and POS shops full here, that's why most corpers redeploy immediately after camp.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Sleekfingers: 1:03pm On Feb 18
LoveLeadsLand:
Out of the 10 states, 2 are in the North while 8 are in the South. Out of the 8 in the South, 4 are in the South-west, 2 in the South-East, and 2 in the South-South. Out of the 2 states in the North, 1 is in the North-Central and 1 in the North-West.

Source: Nairametrics

Kogi state? The most useless state after bayelsa, sokoto and Niger state
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Saintinoo(m): 1:16pm On Feb 18
Gerrard59:

Nairametrics' stats was about food inflation, not the cost of living. The title of this thread is wrong. That is where the problem comes from.

I have noticed you just want to bring unnecessary argument, and seems you don't read, seen it in your other replies. I hope the below report is wrong headlines too.

The report further contains the top 10 most expensive states in Nigeria in January 2024. This crucial data provides a clearer picture of the economic distress experienced by Nigerians in various states, highlighting the urgency of addressing these inflationary pressures. Below is the list of the 10 most expensive states in Nigeria in January 2024:
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Fakelondonboi(m): 1:28pm On Feb 18
I served in Bauchi state...of the cheapest state ever,my brother my state asaba and co ...you can't live there cos is fucking expensive and the worst is no better company..delta state should be on the list

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by stevups(m): 5:34pm On Feb 18
LoveLeadsLand:
I have a question: Why is the Christian South always more expensive than the Muslim North?

We Christians are the most wicked humans on earth. If you want to dupe anyone, just tell him you are a pastor
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Formation10: 9:04pm On Feb 18
This news is the most fake news ever if delta state bayelser state Edo state which standard of living is very high is not in the list than is fake i don't know what Oyo is doing in the list

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by IyaTola: 4:04pm On Feb 19
Chasito:
na those yahoo boys wey dey make things hard for ordinary people wey dey hustle legit, they don't bargain, they are ready to pay any amount.
Ajuda is the King of 419ner, Ibusa is like a university of yahoo boys.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by IyaTola: 4:05pm On Feb 19
Formation10:
This news is the most fake news ever if delta state bayelser state Edo state which standard of living is very high is not in the list than is fake i don't know what Oyo is doing in the list
Which mumu bayelsa, only one road leads emters the state down to the state house
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Chasito(m): 6:39pm On Feb 19
IyaTola:
Ajuda is the King of 419ner, Ibusa is like a university of yahoo boys.
nawa oh
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by gare(f): 6:32pm On Feb 29
azpekuliar:

This fool - gare is one of them. Worship center celebrant.

Na your foolish Papa be fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Marilyn Ogar, Was ‘Sacked’ - Premium Times / Dino Melaye With Okorocha, Remi Tinubu, Others (Photos) / APC Members Use Tinubu Buses To Campaign For Atiku In The North (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.