Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics (42438 Views)

Kogi, Lagos, Rivers Most Expensive States In Nigeria – NBS / Most Expensive States To Live In Based On Inflation Rates / The Socioeconomic Impact Of The Lagos Okada Ban, One Week After - Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Nicepoker(m): 10:55am On Feb 17
LoveLeadsLand:

Is that what you understood?
I had to elaborate your confusion angry
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by wiseone28: 10:55am On Feb 17
Akinpresident:

Big time truth here.
I didn't do my research about the state and moved there and I kinda regret it. People here are lazy, well, let me say there is no work for them to do. You'll hardly see anything the govt is doing that's targeted to the people. Food prices here are like Zee world, extraordinary everyday. Where I stay, to get light na wahala. We go for more than a week without light. Any day they bring it, it lasts just 3 hours. After you don pump water finish, they take the light.
I'm still in shock whether it's still this Akwa Ibom I see in the internet or another one.
The way churches are littered in every corner of the state is just crazy. What are y'all doing with all the churches when you still go back to continue your bad deeds. People will leave economic activities and spend all their day in churches. And when they finally show up at their business, they wanna charge you for the period they weren't at their business.
Ignore the media hype, Akwa Ibom is scam.
They don't even have remarkable places where you can go and spend money if you're a baller. No fantastic relaxation spot or outdoor and recreational centers. Just a state thriving on having the best infrastructure plan.

God bless you for saying this truth.
Stop talking rubbish by saying people are lazy or they should do yahoo before you know they are hard working?
Have you provide work for the and they refused to do.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by bizzibodi(m): 11:03am On Feb 17
Useless gornment agency even rivers is not on d list as number one.
Ibadan wey house rent & Amala cheap Wella.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by ThinkSmarter: 11:07am On Feb 17
Ebonyi is the cheapest state to live in SE
While the neighbouring Cross-River is the cheapest in SS.
Reasons: Ebonyi is an agrarian state that produces yam, cassava,rice, potatoes, groundnuts, palm oil, fish, local
goats/fowls, plantain, bananna,etc. The major food coming to Ebonyi is beans, onions, tomatoes, egusi, cattle/goat, etc
An avg Ebonyi home has a yam barn.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by yemmit90: 11:08am On Feb 17
aysuprano:
lol

So you are saying it’s cheaper than to live in Ibadan than in Lagos?

You must be high

The statistics focus majorly on foods and other households items, which is way cheaper in Lagos than in Ibadan.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Londerry: 11:11am On Feb 17
Oyo is one of the cheapest states to live in Nigeria. Maybe the list is from the back. FCT and Rivers should be in the top positions. Lagos na ghetto but if you want quality life, it’s expensive.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by OVB123: 11:12am On Feb 17
easzypeaszy:
Rivers is expensive but people roaming street n lookin like mad ppl in Lagos..na dem be average ppl for Rivers...U wan try Lagos?
500K per mnth na average person be dat fr Lagos..My eye don see wetin pass me here...na trnsport i nvr see gather run go back Warri lik dis.
Dose ppl no get mercy for vain
U mean say, lagos hard pass waffi? Are u 4 real?
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by lordprogress: 11:25am On Feb 17
gentle136:
Without Delta state in this list, I do not accept this.

Any price wey mistakenly go up 4 Delta no dey come down again.
Bike men for ughelli wan kill us before I go service self.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by RepoMan007: 11:28am On Feb 17
So Osun and Ondo are more expensive than Delta and Edo?
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:42am On Feb 17
Imo state is not on the list?😏
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Just4000: 11:42am On Feb 17
A lot of things are responsible for high cost of living. It has nothing to do with the religion of the people but so many other factors. For instance Abu Dhabi(Islamic Capital) and Washington DC(kinda Christian capital) have higher cost of living than Abuja.
Things that combine to alter the cost off living may include; cost of food, cost of transportation, cost of doing business, standard of living i.e average earning of the people in the environment, basic amenities, and other natural or artificially created factors.
The north produces most of the food and meat we eat, so food is cheaper there. There are fewer businesses and industries in the north so cost of running a business is low. The Government are looking for ways to encourage investment hence, they are lessee tax, less competition, pays little and this also affect the living standard of the environment, we have poorer people there. Transportation and others expenses that are artificially created will normally come low
There's no time nor space to elaborate on all these.
LoveLeadsLand:
I have a question: Why is the Christian South always more expensive than the Muslim North?

Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Leomyke4(m): 11:49am On Feb 17
lol... Funny funny things. List wey Imo no dey. You are joking.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Lordofalmajiri(f): 12:05pm On Feb 17
Chasito:
Wetin Bauchi dey do for that list,
Because Bauchi state, Benue state and Adamawa state are one of the cheapest states to live in Nigeria,

where is Imo State and Delta state?
I totally disagree with this una list.
Delta state should be top 5
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Lordofalmajiri(f): 12:07pm On Feb 17
EdiskyHarry:
I'm from Akwa ibom.
AKWA IBOM is only big on paper and on the internet.
Nothing is working here, apart from worship centers, big hotels, beautiful stadiums and 10 lanes roads, human capital development here is zero, unemployment is very high, and the government is doing nothing about it.
But you will see ignorant Akwa ibomites bragging about having the best worship centers, stadiums and hotel in Nigeria.
You can quote me and insult me, but I must let people know this bitter truth.
I've been to Uyo . True nothing is working but akwaibom isn't expensive
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by AAA593: 12:08pm On Feb 17
Any no Bayelsa. grin
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Akinpresident: 12:11pm On Feb 17
wiseone28:
Stop talking rubbish by saying people are lazy or they should do yahoo before you know they are hard working?
Have you provide work for the and they refused to do.

If you are sensible, you'd have seen that I said it could probably be because of no work to do and and govt is not doing anything that impacts people directly.

This your gutter attitude will put you in trouble one day.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Lordofalmajiri(f): 12:18pm On Feb 17
adanonso:
I lived in Ondo and I live in Anambra. Food is very expensive in Anambra compared to Owo Ondo State. Though am in Anambra, I still buy some food in Owo Ondo State, food like garri, and some fruits. The size of plantain and banana I bought for 4k here in Nnewi is bought at 1k in owo. So once I see anybody coming from Owo, I buy foods there.
Lol nnewi na big man city... You can't use that to judge the whole Anambra.. Asaba is expensive but Nnewi is way more expensive than Asaba.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by ABC101FF: 12:19pm On Feb 17
Shitty list without Edo State.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by chinonfelix2(m): 12:38pm On Feb 17
I think you should remove Abia...
Cos from time Abia state has been cheap state to stay... I have friends their we do compare prices of things/goods sometimes its always big differences..

Remove Abia and add Imo.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Eju2018(m): 12:41pm On Feb 17
I slightly disagree with this Stat, Imo state especially owerri should be number one. Everything in this state is expensive. From housing to food to transport to runs girls.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by bitbillionaire: 1:02pm On Feb 17
LoveLeadsLand:
I have a question: Why is the Christian South always more expensive than the Muslim North?

Well, apart from fish, cassava, and some vegetables, I don't think there is any food you eat in the south that doesn't come from the desert North. As paradoxical as that may sound
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by azpekuliar: 1:22pm On Feb 17
EdiskyHarry:
I'm from Akwa ibom.
Nothing is working here, apart from worship centers, big hotels, beautiful stadiums and 10 lanes roads, human capital development here is zero, unemployment is very high, and the government is doing nothing about it.
But you will see ignorant Akwa ibomites bragging about having the best worship centers, stadiums and hotel in Nigeria.

This fool - gare is one of them. Worship center celebrant.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by oglalasioux(m): 1:53pm On Feb 17
Edo state should be number one. Yahoo boys have imbibed a culture of paying for anything without bargaining.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Okoroawusa: 1:58pm On Feb 17
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Bross abeg no vex..

Since u don base all this place.

Which state u think say fit get cheap ASHAWO hotels apart from lagos ooo, because na lagos I de now..

The hotels way be say, der ASHAWO banis price no go pass 1k 500h or 2k.

I don already TOUR port harcourt ASHAWO hotels

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
E get where you go go for Lagos you go hotel room 1k for short time with your babe
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by ozo13(m): 1:58pm On Feb 17
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by HRMK: 2:21pm On Feb 17
I PERSONALLY WONT AGREE WITH THESE!IS IT IN THEORY OR PRACTICE?NO WAY!
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 2:28pm On Feb 17
EdiskyHarry:
I'm from Akwa ibom.
now nairaland will provide all these numerous things for u abi,kpong usuene idem ke awa idung inie nte ofon na just package ayafon ke ekemini
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Obinoscopy(m): 2:33pm On Feb 17
@Nairametrics, you are equating inflation rate to cost of living. They are not always the same. This is a wrong deduction.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by easzypeaszy(m): 2:34pm On Feb 17
OVB123:
U mean say, lagos hard pass waffi? Are u 4 real?
Atleast u go see ppl wey gt pity n ur ppl many der..Lagos even ur blood brother no wan mk u call am fr fone bc he go tink say u wan com him house..the town dey break bond n love my brother..families dey turn strangers here..i no lik d life.
Imagine mk he don reach 2yrs I see my bros..mk he still dey tel me say mk i chill say dey no dey alwys dey around..na huslter n no be say he gt much but atleast mk i see person wey i kw mk motivation dey again.
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by Boogyman557: 3:17pm On Feb 17
Okoroawusa:

E get where you go go for Lagos you go hotel room 1k for short time with your babe
Holly Gram cool WTF broooooo!

Yes na!

Local ASHAWO house Na!

WTF MAN!
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by 724oladunjoye: 3:48pm On Feb 17
They all still troop to the south west to work and liveThey all still troop to the south west to work and live...
Re: 10 Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria In January 2024 - Nairametrics by nonxo007(m): 3:50pm On Feb 17
LoveLeadsLand:

Without being bias
1. Development
2. Security
3. High cost of food importations
4. Better Education

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode Commissions Jubilee Bridge Ajah (Photos) / Muazu Abubakar Magarya: Father Of Zamfara Speaker Dies In Bandits Custody / Types Of Nigeria Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.