Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA (9708 Views)

Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers / Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year / What Is Your Opinion On Laying Off Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Alexlalax1(m): 10:11am On Feb 19
The Mumu man go dey sleep away his destiny for Addis-ababa while the country trusted into his hands is gradually sinking. It will never be well with the people that forced this hardship on us.

2 Likes

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Lovenorth: 10:11am On Feb 19
Watianoengineer:
Those shouting Peter Obi up and down as if he has magic wand what would Obi had done differently? Peter Obi that failed in Anambra is who they are comparing with a man that set the template for modern Lagos. Even if the price of cement is 50k, we will continue to pray for and support the renewed hope agenda of President Tinubu
Jews killed Jesus yet Christians glorify them for that, so I am not surprised

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by SimpleDan3: 10:12am On Feb 19
grin
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Pablodreay890: 10:12am On Feb 19
Abeg watin we do God for this con3. Make military take charge abeg.

1 Like

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by onez: 10:12am On Feb 19
Tinubu should be forced out immediaetly

1 Like

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:13am On Feb 19
Watianoengineer:
Those shouting Peter Obi up and down as if he has magic wand what would Obi had done differently? Peter Obi that failed in Anambra is who they are comparing with a man that set the template for modern Lagos. Even if the price of cement is 50k, we will continue to pray for and support the renewed hope agenda of President Tinubu

Omo eru oshi. Arindi

2 Likes

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by faceland: 10:13am On Feb 19
No.

Workers would quit or do crime (like a cook that kidnapped oga son and only asked for 3 million naira. His salary is probably 50k max)

Salary is useless so people would just quit.

Company increase price (which affect the general inflation), sales drop but capital is about the same, but workers salary is the same despite inflation. One day, you wake up and say; "I no dey go work, transport dey chop 80% and I lose all my time and energy on-top".

2 Likes

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by specialmati(m): 10:13am On Feb 19
Watianoengineer:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin focus on the criminal you select leave obi alone .had it been the criminal is doing well,will you remember obi ,won't you be boasting by now.a case of selecting a thief to keep your store for you to blame others

3 Likes

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Splitmind: 10:13am On Feb 19
I recently lost my job as well but I know it's Allah's plan for me.
Watianoengineer:

They can cry and wail but that useless Obi will never smell Aso Rock even if the country falls apart I remain BATIFIED

1 Like

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:15am On Feb 19
Everybody go enter street be dat.

By den ah go done japa
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by SimpleDan3: 10:15am On Feb 19
Watianoengineer:
In this economy you are still speaking evil of a Good man at the expenses of who brought hardship to you. May you have a leader like Tinubu in all aspects of your life.

2 Likes

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:16am On Feb 19
onez:
Tinubu should be forced out immediaetly
who will do dat, no military, then hu
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Nice2023(m): 10:16am On Feb 19
Leadership aren't meant for those whose hands have been soiled in drugs that is why,in North America and the South,they are always careful not to allow criminals entities like drug baron to go near power.

They will desecrate every respectable institutions just to allow their own will to prevail.

See the Nigeria we used to enjoy despites our differences. Food is now what most people can't afford.

I remembered when Toyota pencil light used sell for 700k,a bag of rice 6k and even beans was less than 4k.

Now u can't even buy these items for 4million,64k and 75k respectively.

What a country!
Further more,our minimum wage is the lowest in Africa and among the lowest in the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by RightChannel: 10:16am On Feb 19
E go favour me and my family crew, what did you have to say?

1 Like

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:16am On Feb 19
Pablodreay890:
Abeg watin we do God for this con3. Make military take charge abeg.
where the military dey

1 Like

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Maxtipulation(m): 10:16am On Feb 19
Nawa4nl:

fixed grin

👍

1 Like

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Bridget95(f): 10:16am On Feb 19
🇳🇬 Nigerians,

Stand up and protest against hunger

1 Like

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Brushstrokes20: 10:18am On Feb 19
eBOLA everly on rampage 💯😆😆😂😂😀😀
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Maxtipulation(m): 10:18am On Feb 19
Bridget95:
🇳🇬 Nigerians,

Stand up and protest against hunger

Madam speak for your self o

Which Nigerians hope am not among?
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by ReubenE(m): 10:19am On Feb 19
malali:
[b]Nigeria needs more farmers not Office workers.

You want to be a Billionaire in Nigeria ?

This expensive food prices will last for atleast 3-5 years.

Start farming today and you will be rich in naira or dollar.

Everybody must eat.[/b]
There is food insecurity in Nigeria not because the number of farmers are not enough. More than 40% of the Nigerian population is into one form of agriculture or the other so I don't understand some of saying things as though you know it.

Why are you campaigning for more farmers when some of the existing ones can't go to their farms.
Less than 10% of the American population is into farming, but there is no food insecurity as life threatening as that of Nigeria that has up to 50% into agriculture, what does that tell you.

You think it is the cutlass and hoe agriculture we do in Nigeria that will create food security
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:20am On Feb 19
Lovenorth:
The Anti People Congress (APC) is a useless party of hunger and starvation
dey no go hear. We warn dm

2 Likes

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by andy244: 10:20am On Feb 19
Ebin pawa oo

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by sonssyo: 10:22am On Feb 19
Watianoengineer:

People self sad

2 Likes

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by iLegendd(m): 10:22am On Feb 19
Add that to AI being smarter each passing day.

1 Like

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by malali: 10:27am On Feb 19
ReubenE:

There is food insecurity in Nigeria not because the number of farmers are not enough. More than 40% of the Nigerian population is into one form of agriculture or the other so I don't understand some of saying things as though you know it.

Why are you campaigning for more farmers when some of the existing ones can't go to their farms.
Less than 10% of the American population is into farming, but there is no food insecurity as life threatening as that of Nigeria that has up to 50% into agriculture, what does that tell you.

You think it is the cutlass and hoe agriculture we do in Nigeria that will create food security

Your English is hard to read. But i will try and explain to you...Food security means making sure Nigerians have enough food to purchase at affordable prices.
Food is supply and demand, the demand has not changed people are still eating like they did 2 years ago. What has changed is the supply, In USA, They grow so much corn, they feed their cows corn. In Nigeria if you buy 100 trailers of corn today, the price of corn will go up in the whole country. Thats food insecurity. If we grow so much corn that we export to 20 other African countries, alot of people will be billionaires in dollars,If we produce so much poultry and export as frozen chicken, instead of importing it from cotonou, the economy will improve.

I agree there are issues, but Nigeria is so large if more people farm the insecurity will be reduced, We need big equipment farming, tractors, huge storage facilities, silos, coop boards, commodities boards.
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by John4B: 10:30am On Feb 19
My tribalistic friend Yakubu gaffar from Ogun state, we did our industrial training same place. He was busy disturbing the whole social media during campaign and elections that tinubu is his mentor and tinubu is the best man for the job. But young man(yakubu) has gone mute since he lost his job in a company at agbara in ogun state. He doesn't come online anymore because his phone is faulty and he doesn't hv money to fix nor get a new one.

2 Likes

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Jflex07(m): 10:30am On Feb 19
Splitmind:
I recently lost my job as well but I know it's Allah's plan for me.

They can cry and wail but that useless Obi will never smell Aso Rock even if the country falls apart I remain BATIFIED
Allah's plan for you to become jobless? Funniest gibberish I've read this year.

2 Likes

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Pablodreay890: 10:31am On Feb 19
AuwalYusuf812:
where the military dey
Make things red na den u go no say them dey one side they observe
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Jflex07(m): 10:31am On Feb 19
John4B:
My tribalistic friend Yakubu gaffar from Ogun state, we did our industrial training same place. He was busy disturbing the whole social media during campaign and elections that tinubu is his mentor and tinubu is the best man for the job. But young man(yakubu) has gone mute since he lost his job in a company at agbara in ogun state. He doesn't come online anymore because his phone is faulty and he doesn't hv money to fix nor get a new one.
Really? Lol!
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by gaskiyamagana: 10:33am On Feb 19
Tntsi:
We warned about the consequences of desecrating the land but it fell on deaf ears.

A corrupt judiciary teamed up with a corrupt executive and corrupt electoral body to desecrate our nation.
Instead of the legislative arm and it's leadership to speak out, they teamed up with the executive and were busy singing on your mandate we shall stand thereby

The desecration and desecrators of the land brought heavy curse on the land.

Today the land is in total shambles. Nothing seems to work no matter the human and financial resources put in. Dearth, pains, hunger, insecurity are on record levels.

We need to repent as a nation as the sultan and a northern governor said. But most important is to take out the desecrators of the land and repair the desecrated altar of our nation.

It is either the desecrators of the land go or our nation sinks deeper and deeper to death.

Biased and unfair.
Judging and concluding that present government behind our ongoing hardship is illogical, if not senseless. Let not our our sense of objectivity beclouded by hatred and forgot in hurry the evils of 6yrs corruption and father Christmas, instead of savings petroleum wind fall of Jonathan and 8yrs continuous corruption plus Borrow - Borrow of BUHARI's administration. The two 14years gave birth to the present calamity. Truly, one can not totally exonerates Tinubu and at the same time put the whole blame on him.
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by gaskiyamagana: 10:35am On Feb 19
John4B: