Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA (9734 Views)

Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year / SEPLAT To Lay Off 80% Of Their Staff. Remaining 20% To Take A 70% Pay Cut / What Is Your Opinion On Laying Off Workers (2) (3) (4)

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by merits(m): 6:11pm On Feb 19
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggarrrr

No pity for Nigerians

Are your family left out try and always think beyond your 👃🐽 nose.
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by malali: 6:15pm On Feb 19
ReubenE:

Again, the number of farmers in Nigeria don't have anything to do with food insecurity. The example you gave at least should have enlightened you that there's food insecurity chiefly because we lack the methods and agricultural capital (funds and machinery) to produce enough coupled with the prevailing security situation.

@bold last paragraph

You gave answer to the obvious problem but still went ahead to campaign for more farmers, more farmers with cutlass and hoe I guess.
There are more farmers in Nigeria than in the US but they grow so much corn in the US than in Nigeria. What does that tell you
The farmers we have in Nigeria are more than enough if given the right incentives.

Let me ignore the first line in your opening paragraph since it is obvious you're only trying to be disrespectful.

I disrespect no one. I am not one of those people.
Thanks for your reply, I think we are saying similar things in different ways.
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Blessedarethepe(m): 6:35pm On Feb 19
nairalanda1:

Reducing cost of governance is good, but it won't make things better.

Reducing cost of governance won't change the fact that as at May 28th 2023, we had debt servicing eating up 90-100% of our income and also had an effective forex revenue of up to 4 billion dollars.

The truth is, we were in a mess. Reducing cost of governance would add a few hundred millions of dollars, when we need tens of billions of dollars.
Even if the cut will only generate little money, would it not have been better than the present administration?
And I'm sure he would even borrow more money to enhance production rather than using it to buy automobiles, and unnecessary things. Even his presence will make investors to come in, and even the joy of his presence as the president will make people more cooperative. From day one, people have not been really interested in the present administration.
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by nairalanda1(m): 6:39pm On Feb 19
Blessedarethepe:

Even if the cut will only generate little money, would it not have been better than the present administration?

No, sadly. All you get is some commendation, but the money saved won't be large enough to pay for subsides, or even for any other major thing.

And I'm sure he would even borrow more money to enhance production rather than using it to buy automobiles, and unnecessary things

That is if we can borrow. RIght now, we are in dire straits, that we may have to take a major loan from IMF, at IMF conditions, which are not our condition.

. Even his presence will make investors to come in, and even the joy of his presence as the president will make people more cooperative. From day one, people have not been really interested in the present administration.

Investors want to see if they would get return on investment, and the only way to convince them is by removing price controls and subsides, and letting the free market work here. Which most Nigerians do not want/
Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by Tjra: 8:14pm On Feb 19
adolfHitler1934:
Mumu and childish comment. How old are you?
I don't know how little kids gained access to Nairaland since 4 years ago
I'm old enough to born your father

Re: Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA by adolfHitler1934: 8:18pm On Feb 19
Tjra:

I'm old enough to born your father
If you are, then talk like someone who is with wisdom. Stop fooling around like one little kid. Make comments that make sense so that others will gain from it, afterall they say that wisdom comes with age.

Meanwhile, if you get to see me face to face you will bow down and greet me because I am very very sure that I am far older than you.

Ondo State Disengages 600 Palace Officials From Government Payroll / How To Deal With That Annoying Co-worker / What Prospects Do Graduates From The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Have?