Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu (22875 Views)

Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race / Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted / Victory Is Certain - Kwankwaso Declares As He Thanks Supporters For Kano Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Ologbo147: 10:55am On Feb 18
aswani:

An Esan man that can't speak Esan but is fluent in Yoruba, a bonafide Lagos/Ibadan boy. One that I bet doesn't have a house in Evbohimi and if you put him in a car in Lagos most likely cannot drive there without directions.

Nothing wrong with any of the above but that is not a potential gorvernor of Edo state, please. Definitely not so soon after Godwin, lahọr.
go and ask, language is nothing, this same man has a house in Evbohimi and was the one who brought light to Evbohimi in the year 2000. The fact that he does not make noise does not mean he is small, Asue has been there, done that

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by FromZeroToHero(m): 11:08am On Feb 18
I am not from Edo State but it's the turn of Esans to produce the next governor. Aisue Ighodalo is the next governor of Edo state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Lovemaester: 11:10am On Feb 18
missbond007:
This life. So Dennis is going to be the next governor of Edo State? See, guys, the worst thing anybody can do is to LOOKDOWN ON PEOPLE. Never, ever say in your heart "Who is this one"? Worse, treat the person shabbily.

In your fucking dreams. Make una come win make we see

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Lovemaester: 11:12am On Feb 18
RainMoreDFARMS:
I am from Edo but don't reside there.
I have heard of Denco, I think it's oil and gas or something like that

Shut the Bleep up. Correct g-boy that is well known naim you dey call oil and gas. Una too dey yarn rubbish. It's esan turn.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by NaMe4: 11:27am On Feb 18
buhariguy:
and you expect people to vote for obaseki candidate because he is from esan

That's the point!

The PDP aspirant, Asue is a well-known personality within leadership, corporate and government spheres with successes in virtually all his engagements, not just within Nigeria, but globally. Even constantly engaged at the National level irrespective of political party or affiliation; he was the chair of the Economic sovereign team in a previous administration.
Is this the person Obaseki would want to 'control'?

These are pluses for the State, rather than an individual with baggage of fraud, even at the international level. These are even potential leverages the likes of oshiomhole would use against him when he resists being controlled like a puppet.

Moreover, We Edos know who we'll support to lead the State, irrespective of party or subethnicity.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Ologbo147: 11:46am On Feb 18
NaMe4:

That's the point!

The PDP aspirant, Asue is a well-known personality within leadership, corporate and government spheres with successes in virtually all his engagements, not just within Nigeria, but globally. Even constantly engaged at the National level irrespective of political party or affiliation; he was the chair of the Economic sovereign team in a previous administration.
Is this the person Obaseki would want to 'control'?

These are pluses for the State, rather than an individual with baggage of fraud, even at the international level. These are even potential leverages the likes of oshiomhole would use against him when he resists being controlled like a puppet.

Moreover, We Edos know who we'll support to lead the State, irrespective of party or subethnicity.
Obaseki does not even seem like one that would want to control him. He just thought to himself having made so much successes on ground, who would i trust to continue to steer the ship of state in the right direction. The highest Obaseki can do is to make recommendations in some areas. “Na so i feel say make you take do am o”. That is not control.

I don’t think any Governor would fight against healthy recommendations that will take the state forward. The control Obaseki fought against was “how far give me two billion there”

Obaseki and Asuen were already billionaires before ever venturing into politics. They have a solid life of success outside politics. Obaseki in turn does not even have a child, he is already 66. There is no one there that we can say he is amassing his wealth for. His brothers can tell you that if he feels this or that is right . He would go in on it no matter whose ox is gored and even when his life is at stake.

He simply saw in Asuen one like him who will not share the scarce resources of state meant for development. It is never a recommendation for control

5 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by DeepSight(m): 11:54am On Feb 18
Is he related to Bishop Benson Idahosa
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by garfield1: 12:13pm On Feb 18
Theophinio:

APC will fail woefully

He's bini. This is Esan turn. There's no way he can be victorious

Obaseki is wise. He brought forward a vibrant Esan man. I see PDP retaining power in Edo state

APC is taking edo state by any means
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by NaMe4: 12:15pm On Feb 18
DeepSight:
Is he related to Bishop Benson Idahosa

No
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Ologbo147: 12:16pm On Feb 18
garfield1:

what you guys do not know is that the sentiments even among Binis in the state is that it should be given to an Esan man. I am a Bini man resident in Edo state so i know, denco would not fly

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by garfield1: 12:17pm On Feb 18
Ologbo147:
what you guys do not know is that the sentiments even among Binis in the state is that it should be given to an Esan man. I am a Bini man resident in Edo state so i know, denco would not fly

Even if you guys all vote asue,denco will be declared
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by aswani(m): 1:04pm On Feb 18
Ologbo147:

Aside lucky, Obaseki is the worst governor in Edo state by being the only state in Nigeria that pays 40k minimum wage, as averse to the other states that pay 30k minimum wage and some cannot even keep up with it.

Aside lucky, he is the worst governor because pensioners have not died under him, and no worker has committed suicide for lack of payment of salaries, they receive their salaries as at when due, it shouldn’t be so, he is really the worst governor.

Aside lucky, he is really the worst governor by bringing Edobest program that has revolutionized our educational sector and prevented teachers from cheating the system. A program so marvelous that Lagos came to study these models and our government schools can now compete with quality private schools anywhere else in the world.

Obaseki performance is so poor for bringing Ossiomo power to Edo state and Edo state today is certified to be one of the 5 state that has the facilities to be power sufficient.

Is it the health sector, where he has made it very cheap to access quality healthcare by paying a stipend off your earnings every month.

What about the Evboesi palm project that is termed the largest palm project in Africa, and with time maybe a year or two will open up Evboesi and other surrounding villages around that axis and employ thousand of Edos.

You guys are low IQ hungry mediocre that regurgitate nonsense been given to them without research. Obaseki’s only problem is that he refused to share money meant for project and development and which is not a problem at all.he did not succumb in allowing Osadebey Avenue become a den of robbers. His only crime is his penchant for due process and doing what is right.

Let’s bring in empty denco with no foresight who will share Edo state wealth with his godfathers and take Edo back to the stone-age

Dọmọ dọmọ Godwin, so you sef dey Nairaland

Ẹdo state security moni wey you pack go give PDP state exco becos you want make dem give you dere Gubernatorial ticket, you no tok dat wan àbi.

Local Governments wey you no gree do chairmanship elections nkọ, di moni wey you suppose give dem make dem take run dere LGA, ṣebi na yanfu yanfu you do am?

Nutin spoil sha, you were even better than Ogbemudia sef.

Na only you one fight everybodi for di state becos na only you one get sense.

Well done Mr Technocrat di Saint of all saint wey holy pas.

Thankfully you can fool some people some of the time but not all the people all of the time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by AriyaTV: 2:00pm On Feb 18
missbond007:
This life. So Dennis is going to be the next governor of Edo State? See, guys, the worst thing anybody can do is to LOOKDOWN ON PEOPLE. Never, ever say in your heart "Who is this one"? Worse, treat the person shabbily.

Why do you say so? do you know anything about him? Just curious to know.
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Khallicopyro: 2:05pm On Feb 18
TheOgaBoss:
votes from Edo central alone cannot make anyone governor.
I guess you mean "Esan central". So na only Esan central be Esan? What of Esan West, Igueben L.G.A and others?
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Ologbo147: 2:07pm On Feb 18
aswani:

Dọmọ dọmọ Godwin, so you sef dey Nairaland

Ẹdo state security moni wey you pack go give PDP state exco becos you want make dem give you dere Gubernatorial ticket, you no tok dat wan àbi.

Local Governments wey you no gree do chairmanship elections nkọ, di moni wey you suppose give dem make dem take run dere LGA, ṣebi na yanfu yanfu you do am?

Nutin spoil sha, you were even better than Ogbemudia sef.

Na only you one fight everybodi for di state becos na only you one get sense.

Well done Mr Technocrat di Saint of all saint wey holy pas.

Thankfully you can fool some people some of the time but not all the people all of the time.

if there is any saint among them, it is certainly not oshiomole, go and check the interview by Philip Shaibu on a certain program on tvc where morayo, bisi and so on was the host. He said and i quote “Oshiomhole saw a recession coming, that is why he recommended him for us. Oshiomhole stole Edo state almost into recession. Why Edo people did not notice that much is that the money Oshiomhole got during his eight year tenure is the highest any governor has gotten in the past twenty four years in Edo state. Lucky igbinedion did not even get 1/3 of it.

He stole most of these monies through over inflated road contract, storm water project that did not see the light of the day. And he knew if another thief was to be elected immediately following him. Edo state’s economy would be in comatose. That is why he stopped Odubu. And fought vehemently to bring Obaseki in.

I am not holding brief for Obaseki, the best of men is still a man, but what i am saying is we should elect leaders who have a life outside politics. Who do not see it as a job. Who have something strong to return to and will not be eyeing government coffers when his tenure has elapsed.

Aside from roads which some of them are federal anyway and they are using it to punish the present Edo state government in power. No government comes close to Obaseki in the past twenty four years in terms of general achievements.

What i am trying to say is except you are benefiting from denco’s government, supporting Denco would be jeopardizing our future and the future of Edo children.

Why do you think the 71 years old Oshiomhole is supporting Denco a 43 year old man above the other 11 aspirants that are far older and better than him. Does the cv of those we are supporting not matter? What has Denco done for himself outside been a fraudster abroad and coming home to do politics? Shouldn’t their experience and success in their other areas of life and businesses matter as they apply and bring it to bare in solving governance problems? Politics aside, can you in all sincerity compare Denco with Asuen? If it is not politics where every dog can play if you have a godfather, is Denco qualified enough to clean Asue Ighodalo’s shoes in the real world

He has seen through his intuitive abilities that Denco would be complicit in looting the Edo state coffers dry.

5 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by riczy(m): 2:07pm On Feb 18
Obyangel:
Denco is a good man, created a lot of employment for Edo indigenous people through his oil and gas industry, but aligned with an evil political party of bloodsuckers (APC). Edomites (grin) must reject Olosho Adams and APC as a political party.
Edolites
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Demurray: 2:23pm On Feb 18
Essential:

Yes our girls are fine and we the guys have long dick. Mine is 7.5 but there 9.5 and above. We know how
In a nutshell, long dicks are the reasons for the fine Edo girls?
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by aylipple: 2:24pm On Feb 18
Oh! So, this is the "Denco" guy? Who listened to Brekete Family radio and TV this past Friday? I now see the subtle "endorsement" by the "Ordinary President".
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Theophinio(m): 2:30pm On Feb 18
aswani:

First off, if Esan try Obidients gra gra, like LP they will fail and fail woefully. Esan need to reach out to others to get what they want.

Secondly, Ọbasẹki is, Lucky apart, the very worst gorvernor of Edo state. As a non performing "foreigner", he has now gone to Ibadan to bring another potential non performing foreigner and you think Ẹdo people will tolerate it.

Edolites are not so beholden to a failed project like Planwell in Lagos that their boys will be ruling the state back to back.

8 years Godwin spent as Governor and there was not one person on ground that he felt had any ability to take over from him. Na see finish bi dat totally.

Finally, I thought that hypocrite Ọbasẹki was against Godfatherism, what's with the Godfather moves he is now doing with Ighodalo.

I am not convinced by Denco bring ready but at least he is local and aware of local needs. That's a bonus, whether or not he will be able to do anything about it is another matter.

Obaseki is a resounding failure which every resident of Edo state is aware of

He wants to use the loophole of APC bringing forth a non Esan Man to work in his advantage

For the fact apc thinks they could look pass alot of capable Apc governor aspirant is the beginning of their gigantic failure

There's no way PDP will not retain power. Unless apc brings forth an Esan Man

That's the pure truth.

All Esan in APC are not happy and will work against the party

PDP will surely retain power

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by aswani(m): 2:32pm On Feb 18
Ologbo147:
... Denco would be complicit in looting the Edo state coffers dry...

You don't need to tell me all of these politicians are lining their pockets.

I hold no brief for any of them.

You are the one that wants to elevate Ọbasẹki into Sainthood. Of all people.

One more thing, all these foreign technocrats have zero regard for our traditional rulers. Ọbasẹki a prime example going by the returned artefacts saga amongst other things.

No bi him fault sha say he see pipo finish.
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Ologbo147: 2:36pm On Feb 18
Theophinio:

Obaseki is a resounding failure which every resident of Edo state is aware of

He wants to use the loophole of APC bringing forth a non Esan Man to work in his advantage

For the fact apc thinks they could look pass alot of capable Apc governor aspirant is the beginning of their gigantic failure

There's no way PDP will not retain power. Unless apc brings forth an Esan Man

That's the pure truth.

All Esan in APC are not happy and will work against the party

PDP will surely retain power
Please name one way obaseki has failed.
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Theophinio(m): 2:41pm On Feb 18
Ologbo147:
Please name one way obaseki has failed.

For a start. Do you live in Edo state
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Ologbo147: 2:50pm On Feb 18
aswani:

You don't need to tell me all of these politicians are lining their pockets.

I hold no brief for any of them.

You are the one that wants to elevate Ọbasẹki into Sainthood. Of all people.

One more thing, all these foreign technocrats have zero regard for our traditional rulers. Ọbasẹki a prime example going by the returned artefacts saga amongst other things.

No bi him fault sha say he see pipo finish.

i am not painting him as a saint, i was only reeling some of his achievements which is underreported and many people seem not to know about. He has his flaws but nevertheless his various mou has brought a lot of investment and development into Benin city and Edo state.

His only problems seem to be roads and nothing else, a chunk of them which are federal roads.Aside that i do not see any other governor since 1999 close to him. Don’t project the economic failure of tinubu and Buhari unto him. He is not the cause of those.

As for the technocrats and traditional rulers. I don’t think it’s a technocrat thing I think it is a personal problem. Obaseki just saw those artifacts as a way of generating more revenue for Edo state and would have felt the traditional institution would understand

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Ologbo147: 2:50pm On Feb 18
Theophinio:

For a start. Do you live in Edo state
yes, state your grievances and claims, let me state mine or debunk them
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Theophinio(m): 2:55pm On Feb 18
Ologbo147:
yes

Good. In your eyes without being bias

How's the look of the state now compared to his predecessor. Adams Oshiomole

Benin city is an eyesore now

The city, road, schools that was glittering construted by his predecessor is now dilapidated

All what he's Good at, is blaming imaginary people
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Ologbo147: 3:08pm On Feb 18
Theophinio:

Good. In your eyes without being bias

How's the look of the state now compared to his predecessor. Adams Oshiomole

Benin city is an eyesore now

The city, road, schools that was glittering construted by his predecessor is now dilapidated

All what he's Good at, is blaming imaginary people
The city is now better for it economically, businesses has poured in the last eight years, half of it did not come into Edo state in the previous sixteen years before his administration.

The schools are better for it because of the Edobest program which has changed the scope of education in Edo state. Before Obaseki, teachers can come to school, sign on Monday and go to their farms till the next week, but with the introduction of ICT to mark attendance and others, it is no longer the case. Lesson notes are now up to date and ICT based.

Civil servants and pensioners are being paid as at when due. During the Time of Oshiomhole and lucky igbinedion,pensioners died on the queue waiting for their monies. Civil servants and teachers were not paid many times and they sat at home. It has never happened under Obaseki.

Obaseki is the only governor,i don’t know if there is any other that pays 40 thousand minimum wage in Nigeria

The only problems i majorly see is road and many of them as i have stated before are federal roads. It is not imaginary. It is a known fact out there that himself and tinubu are not on the same political circle as a result, he is punishing him for it.

Many of the roads(state roads) have also been embarked upon by him. Like Ekiadolor road, Ekosodin roads etc. as i have said before, his only draw back is roads and roads is not the only yardstick to development.

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by persius555(m): 3:24pm On Feb 18
garfield1:

The way you took Nigeria and turned it into a big poverty reservoir. APC has no chance in Edo, please move on.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Theophinio(m): 3:25pm On Feb 18
Ologbo147:
The city is now better for it economically, businesses has poured in the last eight years, half of it did not come into Edo state in the previous sixteen years before his administration.

The schools are better for it because of the Edobest program which has changed the scope of education in Edo state. Before Obaseki, teachers can come to school, sign on Monday and go to their farms till the next week, but with the introduction of ICT to mark attendance and others, it is no longer the case. Lesson notes are now up to date and ICT based.

Civil servants and pensioners are being paid as at when due. During the Time of Oshiomhole and lucky igbinedion,pensioners died on the queue waiting for their monies. Civil servants and teachers were not paid many times and they sat at home. It has never happened under Obaseki.

Obaseki is the only governor,i don’t know if there is any other that pays 40 thousand minimum wage in Nigeria

The only problems i majorly see is road and many of them as i have stated before are federal roads. It is not imaginary. It is a known fact out there that himself and tinubu are not on the same political circle as a result, he is punishing him for it.

Many of the roads(state roads) have also been embarked upon by him. Like Ekiadolor road, Ekosodin roads etc. as i have said before, his only draw back is roads and roads is not the only yardstick to development.

I wish nairaland.com has voicenote icon. So I can respond to all the points you raised

Typing in details is not for me
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Ologbo147: 3:26pm On Feb 18
Theophinio:

I wish nairaland.com has voicenote icon. So I can respond to all the points you raised

Typing in details is not for me
you don’t have a choice, you have to learn how to

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by persius555(m): 3:31pm On Feb 18
Ologbo147:

Many Edo indigenes are relocating back to the state. The environment is so conducive for positive economic development since obaseki became governor.

All Edo state needs to do to accelerate the growth is to take advantage of the deregulation of the power sector and channel power generation from azura power plant into industry within Edo state.

Asuen Ighodalo seems to be the only candidate that can guarantee this happening. His vast exploits in the Nigerian corporate industry puts him in the forefront.
All these home boy thugs that APC is throwing up will only mess up the growth that has been achieved in the last eight years.

Asuen Ighodalo is the man to lead Edo state to prosperity.

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by garfield1: 3:37pm On Feb 18
persius555:

The way you took Nigeria and turned it into a big poverty reservoir. APC has no chance in Edo, please move on.

APC owns Edo already
Re: Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu by Ologbo147: 3:37pm On Feb 18
persius555:

Many Edo indigenes are relocating back to the state. The environment is so conducive for positive economic development since obaseki became governor.

All Edo state needs to do to accelerate the growth is to take advantage of the deregulation of the power sector and channel power generation from azura power plant into industry within Edo state.

Asuen Ighodalo seems to be the only candidate that can guarantee this happening. His vast exploits in the Nigerian corporate industry puts him in the forefront.
All these home boy thugs that APC is throwing up will only mess up the growth that has been achieved in the last eight years.

Asuen Ighodalo is the man to lead Edo state to prosperity.
that is what i have been saying o, if you are employing someone in a bank, you look at his qualifications, if you are employing someone to be a doctor in a hospital, you look at his/her qualifications. But when we are electing people that will steer the affairs of state, we neglect the best and elect those that will allow other rogue politicians access into government coffers. Asue is a big name in Lagos, in the corporate world and he is by far the best man for the job

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Forgery: Ekweremadu Fails In Bid To Stop Judgment / Court Orders Immediate Release Of El-Zakzaky, Fines SSS / Mike Ejiofor: Masari Laid Foundation For Kidnapping In Error - Ex-DSS Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.