Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) (24817 Views)

Poor People And Where They Live In Nigeria - Statisense / 10 States With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters As Of August 1, 2022 / 10 States With The Highest Number Of Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Menclothing: 10:43pm On Feb 18
happney65:

You mean light doesn't go at Amen Estate?

How do they generate their Power?
Independent gas power plant several
Estate in Lagos
Even Rccg and winners ota

Off national grid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Abagworo(m): 10:46pm On Feb 18
North actually has better public infrastructure than the rest of Nigeria even as far back as 15 years ago I transversed through Nigeria. Akwaibom and Enugu are surprises for me though but the list is relatively accurate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Konquest: 10:52pm On Feb 18
nairalandkachy1:
TOP 10 STATES WITH THE BEST INFRASTRUCTURE IN NIGERIA

1. Akwa Ibom
2. Kebbi
3. Bauchi
4. Gombe
5. Borno
6. Sokoto
7. Enugu
8. Kaduna
9. Kano
10. Yobe

INDICATORS

I largely agree with this. Those Northern states have fantastic ease of doing business. I'd love to see more of what parameters were used here.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by vannessa7(f): 11:06pm On Feb 18
ebenholer2:
The same north where it is only the state capitals that you see visible infrastructures while other parts of the states are mostly sidelined.
The stat should have been based on TOP TEN STATE CAPITALS WITH THE MOST INFRASTRUCTURES

Imagine, north that is mostly wasteland, Kano is actually a city built on waste dump, most of their inner streets are untarred and dirty, only state capitals have anything to offer, some of their other towns are just arid lands with far flung buildings and zero infrastructure, Damaturu capital of Yobe is just a road with few side streets and scanty infrastructure, is it the north that I have been to most part of it, imagine oyo state with Ibadan the largest city in west Africa is not there, with so many infrastructure. Anyone who believes this trash is truly gullible.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by airsaylongcome: 11:22pm On Feb 18
EponObi:
You guys doubting there are good infrastructures in the North need to travel more.

Ask folks who did their NYSC in the core north, they will tell you what's up, that if they want to tell the truth. Go to their villages, not even cities in the North, you will see top grade roads that few cars are you using, with very good internet penetration compared to what we have down south. I remember when we travel inter village, most times we have the road to ourselves, with blazing speed; you will hardly find pothole. And mind you, North experience the most turbulent rainfall in Nigeria, plus the extreme heat, their road is hardly affected; just to tell you the kind of quality roads they have.

Yes, they have electricity - very constant supply. Though, during my time, there were one or two villages without power infrastructure in my LGA. In fact, I had to relocate out of my PPA because of light. I moved to a nearby town that required me travelling on road to work by road for 1.5 hour, on bike.

The stat is accurate. Travel more to confirm. Don't play.

Too many inaccurate assertions in your write up. North that barely sees any rain suddenly has "the most turbulent rains".

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Invest4growth: 11:35pm On Feb 18
Corruption, over invoicing, nepotism will not allow Lagos to be among. It is difficult for businesses to thrive in the state. Most of the SMEs on the island depend on loans from Shylockoney.lenders and finance houses. The state does not support businesses. Records are doctored to make it look otherwise. You either belong to their circle or you are treated as enemy. See where Emilokan has taken us. They have put their eyes on everything including who.bevomes traditional ruler, who gets contracts etc
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by LOVEGINO(m): 11:36pm On Feb 18
Ofodirinwa:

Maidugari is very well organized as are most major cities in the north
oil dey ur head.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by nesphil(m): 11:44pm On Feb 18
Amazing Akwa Ibom Nyin❤

nairalandkachy1:

1. Akwa Ibom
2. Kebbi
3. Bauchi
4. Gombe
5. Borno
6. Sokoto
7. Enugu
8. Kaduna
9. Kano
10. Yobe

INDICATORS

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by ZaramT: 11:52pm On Feb 18
Where's Lagos?
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Nairalander321: 12:10am On Feb 19
CHIOMAEZEH:
Asa nwa kee ije
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by YoshihideSuga: 1:00am On Feb 19
EponObi:
You guys doubting there are good infrastructures in the North need to travel more.

Ask folks who did their NYSC in the core north, they will tell you what's up, that if they want to tell the truth. Go to their villages, not even cities in the North, you will see top grade roads that few cars are you using, with very good internet penetration compared to what we have down south. I remember when we travel inter village, most times we have the road to ourselves, with blazing speed; you will hardly find pothole. And mind you, North experience the most turbulent rainfall in Nigeria, plus the extreme heat, their road is hardly affected; just to tell you the kind of quality roads they have.

Define "turbulent" in this context? And where did you get that information from in the first place?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Chasito(m): 1:05am On Feb 19
No south western state except Lagos comes close to Nothern states in terms of infrastructural development, I was so surprised the last time I visited kano and Adamawa state, omo see as their road neat, with zero porthole, come get steady electricity,

I won't even talk about south east because Abịa and Imo State road is nothing to write home about.

You people should try and travel and see how other states look like, don't just sit back in your backyard.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by onuman: 1:28am On Feb 19
The states are mostly from the Northern region. Too many unreserved states were littered all over the far north to suck oil revenues to the north. That gave rise to emergence of once rural villages in the far north as modern cities with modern infrastuctures from oil revenues; but the once developing cities in the south denied state status shrinked.
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by onuman: 1:34am On Feb 19
AlexBells:
Is like Aboki don finally hack statisense. Aboki and South West now na core enemy, dem dash south south 1 state, dash south east 1 state, and erased south west from the database lol

Worse is that most of the people of the old SW and SE regions don't understand that Northern soldiers who created the 36 states denied the two old southern regions commensurate number of states. The states were proliferated in the Arewa region to suck up oil proceeds to the old Northern region.
There should have been equal number of states between the three regions that formed Nigeria in 1960.
Land mass or population figures is NEVER used as yardstick to create new federal units in a country formed by different regions.
Proliferated states in the old Northern region tipped the balance of political power to excessively favour Arewa.
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Sannisege: 2:16am On Feb 19
Travel outside the capital cities of those states mentioned on the list, then you will know the true meaning of underdevelopment . I served in Maiduguri and the place looks well organized. But travel few kilometres outside Maiduguri, then you will think that you are in Sahara desert.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Babaibeji2020(m): 4:01am On Feb 19
EtinosaDLaw:
They don arrange stats for North people, make e nor be like say dey nor deh try grin
Travel to the north b4 making hasty conclusions.......Dat place is organized, if not be ds dia tahhtahtahhhtahhh........boom.......everywhere by boko Haram goons .... !

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Warrior247: 4:14am On Feb 19
EtinosaDLaw:
They don arrange stats for North people, make e nor be like say dey nor deh try grin
Ah bro, you get bad mouth 😂😂😂
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by imagrg(m): 5:31am On Feb 19
Edo State under Governor Obaseki is thriving in infrastructure too.
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by ModCaller: 6:05am On Feb 19
Menclothing:
Best in infrastructure without rail line within state
No skyline buildings
No city bus conducive for charging and bus stations
Without mall
Without street light lolz
Lagos have several estate that in 10yrs light have not blink eg Amen estate

Just laughing reading arguments here

What you just mentioned are not infrastructure.

Kindly educate yourself
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Pjoe238: 6:09am On Feb 19
So Lagos don't have a good infrastructure.. clap for yourself
nairalandkachy1:

1. Akwa Ibom
2. Kebbi
3. Bauchi
4. Gombe
5. Borno
6. Sokoto
7. Enugu
8. Kaduna
9. Kano
10. Yobe

INDICATORS

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Chikel20000(m): 6:21am On Feb 19
EponObi:

Yes, they have electricity - very constant supply. Though, during my time, there were one or two villages without power infrastructure in my LGA. In fact, I had to relocate out of my PPA because of light. I moved to a nearby town that required me travelling on road to work by road for 1.5 hour, on bike.

travel out ke?....is like u don't value ur life anymore
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by PastorOku: 7:40am On Feb 19
EtinosaDLaw:

They are not noisemakers or media propagandists like Southerners.

And yes, their leaders are working cos they are closely monitored by their people.
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by LordBillionz: 8:01am On Feb 19
EponObi:

You're right and I believe.
I have not being to the North but there has being positive testimonials on their good road.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by EBEk101(m): 8:15am On Feb 19
ILoveNG:
Borno 👏😂

If you knew the federal presence Borno enjoyed during buhaha’s tenure because of the so called havoc his Boko boys unleashed, u won’t doubt the stats
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by EponObi: 8:30am On Feb 19
YoshihideSuga:

Define "turbulent" in this context? And where did you get that information from in the first place?

Lol... Turbulent in the sense that their rain is often heavy, unpredictable, extreme and violent. Same with their cold and harmattan. I'm saying what I experienced.
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by EponObi: 8:33am On Feb 19
airsaylongcome:

Too many inaccurate assertions in your write up. North that barely sees any rain suddenly has "the most turbulent rains".

😂 ignoramus. Majority of the food in Nigeria comes from the North. Maybe you should ask how they get water to feed their crops. Many be na palm oil they use to water their crops.

Keep saying rubbish with confidence. Many of think North = Desert land.
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by commoditiesnig: 8:33am On Feb 19
nairalandkachy1:

1. Akwa Ibom
2. Kebbi
3. Bauchi
4. Gombe
5. Borno
6. Sokoto
7. Enugu
8. Kaduna
9. Kano
10. Yobe

INDICATORS

8 out of 10 to Northern states.. That's impressive!
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by ceeceeco: 8:46am On Feb 19
Kaduna is a very nice state, I can attest to that. I was posted to Kaduna state for my NYSC in 2012 & I camp at the Black Gold Camp in Chikun LGA of Kaduna central. Then after my 3 weeks camp in Chikun LGA, I was then posted to Birnin Gwari for my PPA, then I worked my way to Zaria. I must confess, I was impressed with the state infrastructure.
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Fearurcreeator: 9:10am On Feb 19
manutdrichie:

So what are the parameters used?
I been wan ask too ... Lolzzzz
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Fearurcreeator: 9:12am On Feb 19
Saintinoo:

O laugh at some people, his type will insult people for nor going to school. What do he think infrastructure is, especially for business.

Ffs those are the best infrastructure for a business.
They guy B. Dey leak
Re: Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense) by Chaolin: 9:13am On Feb 19
AlexBells:
Is like Aboki don finally hack statisense. Aboki and South West now na core enemy, dem dash south south 1 state, dash south east 1 state, and erased south west from the database lol

Bruh I dey feel you... Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Replies Troll Who Slammed Her For Saying National Carrier Must Fa / Open Grazing Ban: Wike Faces Hurdles In FCT As Miyetti Allah Talks Tough / N13m: APC Disowns Wadume, Says We’ve No Budget For Thugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.