Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters (8000 Views)

FG To Publish Names Of Treasury Looters / Treasury Looters Should Rot In Jail They Don't Deserve Bail- Falana / Fuel Scarcity: Senator Wants Buhari To Be Summoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by dustydee: 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2011
We know them so why can't we prosecute them?
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by nep2ra(m): 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2011
Fresh Air joor!!!
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2011
Naija,I hail thee
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Yinkay: 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2011
Are the Treasury Looters Inc. agitating for pardon or complaining of stomach ache for what they chop? Harebrain idea ,
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Seun(m): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2011
It's a sensible proposal, but human nature will make it impossible for people to accept it.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Yeske2(m): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2011
This Kaka guy must be investigated, im hand no clean.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Iolo(m): 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2011
Sounds like a great idea on paper but in the real world, no such deal can be implemented 100%. Will the looters be able to give up all their stolen assets in full? Who determines what was ill-gotten and legitimate? etc,
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2011
Nigeria is doomed forever with a senator such as this. Damn! What a nice way of reasoning. Was he drunk or rather over fed with Amala and Gbegiri.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by mobf: 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2011
Seun:

It's a sensible proposal, but human nature will make it impossible for people to accept it.

smh
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by demmy8: 8:06pm On Nov 10, 2011
Nigerians Please Vote this picture to put our name on the world map. To vote click on this Facebook link and click "like" under the picture. Thanks for the love of our fatherland, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=309160292443937&set=a.309159345777365.93310.127636357262999&type=1&theater
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Phrankin(m): 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2011
Yeh! Finally this is a joke. I'm very sure.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by aribisala0(m): 8:27pm On Nov 10, 2011
Seun:

actually human nature will accept anything. we now accept men marrying men.

in theory it is ok . but not an original idea.it has been talked about b4
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by OkparaIgbo: 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2011
No price to guess who and what tribe this man comes from, shocked shocked shocked shocked
Typical Yoruba low IQed man, !! Amnesty for OBJ and the likes of Tinubu, why am i not surprised.!!
Mtcheewww, !!
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Phboy1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 10, 2011
Guys relax, weed is talking, definitly not a senator'
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by cjfavour(m): 8:57pm On Nov 10, 2011
Funny idea senator. Why nt?after all we're in d season of amnesty. All the prisons in Nigeria shld be opened and amnesty granted to all the prisoners. What do you think?
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2011
I was thinking, if these are the guys that rule Nigeria we might as well not bother for any hope or improvement.

Goodluck was right , we need prayer. grin

Funny enough there are even worse senators than this guy who have astonishing ideas of how our beloved country should be run undecided
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by amor4ce(m): 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2011
Did the commenters read the article to the end? The Senator mentioned conditional amnesty and capital punishment. Instead of condemning him, why don't we provide a just critique of his suggestion along with the merits and demerits?
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2011
I see what he is doing.

The catch-22 is really this: These guys have already stolen the money. But they know now that they won't be able to enjoy it because they will be in jail. However, assuming that they have the conscience to bring the money back at least so the country can use it, is asking too much from men whose consceinces have been seared enough to do this in the first place. They would rather that if they can't use the money, naija won't use it and it will just be out there increasing in the pocket of some foreign bank.

HOWEVER, if they are given the "hope" of enjoying it on the condition of bringing in what they stole, we might still get to see that money yet (We can find ways to get them later).

The important thing is that we get that money back. This can't be done without their cooperation. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.
We need better accountants and better quarterly auditors in Nigeria to catch these things before they get serious.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2011
Most nairalanders are plain illiterates who got their hands on pcs obviously. I always tot so,js confirmed. I saw the topic and tot the guy must be sick but reading and thinking it through it makes quite a lot of sense. The senator only meant conditional amnesty for those who have already looted and not for future looters. Who's father can hold odili,igbinedion,tinubu and so on if they decide nt to return a dime of the billions we all knw dey looted? Has anybody seen bankole in court recently? If we could gt wat dis pipl have stolen by any means den deal decisively wt future looters it looks more like sense to me
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by KINGwax(m): 11:05pm On Nov 10, 2011
ctrume:

Most nairalanders are plain illiterates who got their hands on pcs obviously. I always tot so,js confirmed. I saw the topic and tot the guy must be sick but reading and thinking it through it makes quite a lot of sense. The senator only meant conditional amnesty for those who have already looted and not for future looters. Who's father can hold odili,igbinedion,tinubu and so on if they decide nt to return a dime of the billions we all knw dey looted? Has anybody seen bankole in court recently? If we could gt wat dis pipl have stolen by any means den deal decisively wt future looters it looks more like sense to me
i did't see u as an illiterate but you jst sounded foolish! That might be a little failure in the thinking faculty though! What bleeping amnesty?
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Harbb: 11:09pm On Nov 10, 2011
See criminals asking for amnesty for looters. What a shame! What moral grounds will they have to punish those who will loot tomorrow?
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by passyjango(m): 12:47am On Nov 11, 2011
This is a very good suggestion assuming there are a sizable number of looters willing to take amnesty. But with the level of corruption in Nigeria and the weaknesses in the judicial system, I doubt if there is any sane looter who will be willing to get amnesty.

Why will I want to get amnesty, when I can at a much cheaper rate buy the judiciary and mobilize tribal and religious sentiments to protect me from prosecution. Only a fool will take amnesty in today's Nigeria for looting. Looting is now a culture in Nigeria. Most people who are not looting Nigeria are not looting simply because they do not have the opportunity to do so and not necessarily because they are better than those who are looting.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by adamaw2tuf: 12:59am On Nov 11, 2011
"OKIJA JUJU" +" CHY101"+"ONYOCHA" AND MANY OTHERS=ALHJ_HAREM,HAA HAA HA!I CAN SEE THAT YOUR COMMENT AS "OKIJA JUJU" IS NOT DOING FOR YOU WHAT YOU HOPED FOR WHICH WAS TO CAUSE PEOPLE BASHING EACH OTHER TRIBALLY KO?WAWAN BANZA DAN DAUDU,MARA SHI KUNIA WANDA YA FI KAFRI KAFRINCHI.I TOLD YOU THERE IS NO HIDING PLACE FOR YOU EVEN IN YOUR NUMEROUS HOLES I SHALL SMOKE YOU OUT FOR THE WORLD TO SEE,KEEP HIDING YOURSELF IN MULTIPLE USERNAMES THAT IS WHAT YOU DO BEST LOOKING FOR ONE TO DECEIVE.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by aljharem(m): 1:09am On Nov 11, 2011
adamaw2tuf:

"OKIJA JUJU" +" CHY101"+"ONYOCHA" AND MANY OTHERS=ALHJ_HAREM,HAA HAA HA!I CAN SEE THAT YOUR COMMENT AS "OKIJA JUJU" IS NOT DOING FOR YOU WHAT YOU HOPED FOR WHICH WAS TO CAUSE PEOPLE BASHING EACH OTHER TRIBALLY KO?WAWAN BANZA DAN DAUDU,MARA SHI KUNIA WANDA YA FI KAFRI KAFRINCHI.I TOLD YOU THERE IS NO HIDING PLACE FOR YOU EVEN IN YOUR NUMEROUS HOLES I SHALL SMOKE YOU OUT FOR THE WORLD TO SEE,KEEP HIDING YOURSELF IN MULTIPLE USERNAMES THAT IS WHAT YOU DO BEST LOOKING FOR ONE TO DECEIVE.

LOL adamawa boy wannabe, banza shege grin grin

Okija juju chy101 onyocha etc are NOT ME

moreover what is ur oppsession with me, I have 2 monikers alj harem and alj_harem

I do not speak Igbo that good or do I ?
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by coderXO(m): 1:50am On Nov 11, 2011
Francis-1:

Typical Yoruba senator. For them, looters like Obasanjo needs to be protected

What does this have to do with been Yoruba?

He's just as ludicrous as you.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by hackney(m): 2:20am On Nov 11, 2011
@Poster (and what the NIGERIAN senators want)

HahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahaha
HahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahaha

Very soon the nigerian (goat) populace will see sense in it some how.
Nursery rhyme for nigerians : EFCC go away, senators want to play.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Onlytruth(m): 3:42am On Nov 11, 2011
freaking thieves!
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 4:28am On Nov 11, 2011
Where are Gbawe,Bluetoth,Dayokanu,Kobojonkie and all the ACN A-s-s lickers!
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by member479760: 4:52am On Nov 11, 2011
where is Babasuwe now? i don shit the shit?
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Ikengawo: 5:30am On Nov 11, 2011
the man came up with an idea to solve a problem and people void of ideas to solve their own personal let alone national problems are attacking him as if was the one that looted all the money. If someone kidnaps your daughter you don't talk about how your going to kill them like china and call them names, you simply ask for your child back. These people that have taken this money, though not as valuable as a child, have taken our outright national livelihood frm us, the least we can do is be humble and ask for the mony back, then set conditions that making the hand over plausible and appealing to the thief. You can arrest and shoot them all day, but the money for the hospital they stole will still be gone and you're left with a grave where a hospital should have been.
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by OAM4J: 5:41am On Nov 11, 2011
Nonsense!
Re: Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 11, 2011
passyjango:

This is a very good suggestion assuming there are a sizable number of looters willing to take amnesty. But with the level of corruption in Nigeria and the weaknesses in the judicial system, I doubt if there is any sane looter who will be willing to get amnesty.

Why will I want to get amnesty, when I can at a much cheaper rate buy the judiciary and mobilize tribal and religious sentiments to protect me from prosecution. Only a fool will take amnesty in today's Nigeria for looting. Looting is now a culture in Nigeria. Most people who are not looting Nigeria are not looting simply because they do not have the opportunity to do so and not necessarily because they are better than those who are looting.

200% true. And also because some of them are too scared of the possible repercussion of being caught, not necessarily that they are genuinely 'good' at heart. Never mind these fake moralists prowling all over the place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Economist Prof Sam Aluko Is Dead / ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency / Voice Of America On Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.