Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos (875 Views)

Fellow Igbos, Let's Stop With The Gaslighting Technique.it Doesn't Work Anymore / What Crime Have Mbano And Mbaise People Committed Against Fellow Igbos?? / A Passionate Letter To Buhari On Omar Farouq Convicted by Sharia Court In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 8:13pm On Feb 18
My dear fellow Igbos,

I thank you for clicking through to read. I would have liked to write this in Igbo but I doubt if the mods would agree to take it home (and I really need as many of us as possible to read this). Writing it in English will also make it clear that we are not conspiring against anyone out here.

My point is about making mockery of our Yoruba brethren because of Tinubu's misrule. I am asking you this: Let's please stop doing that. I state my reason for saying this in the following few paragraphs:

To start with, I am very sure that Mr. Peter Obi's candidacy in the 2023 election wasn't about any ethnic interest. Yet, we all know that Obi is Igbo. So, any support given to him during the electioneering was indirectly a support given to all of us. If not for any other reason but because Igbo is one of the ethnic groups most committed to good governance in this country.

In the light of the above, let's remember that some of the strongest supports given to the Obi-Datti Campaigns came from the Yorubas. For example, Afenifere's Pa Adebanjo risked hatred by his own people to support our brother. Same with former President Obasanjo.

It is true that these supports didn't quite reflect at the polls. But then, it happened before all of us which I believe is the reason why Obi could get up to 99,000 votes in an overwhelmingly Yoruba majority state like Oyo.

So, even if for the sake of Pa Adebanjo, President Obasanjo, and other Yorubas (like those over 99,000 in Oyo) alone, let's desist from making slurs like 'ebi m pa wa' whenever there's a report of economic difficulties from the South-West.

I was forced to write this letter because I see that our lack of unity is the reason why our oppressors continue to overwhelm us. I mean that all of us no matter our tribes are suffering under the same oppressors who are drawn from different tribes too. And some of these ethnic slurs we make here on social media are the reasons why we are divided and therefore easily subjugated by these oppressors.

So, let's be wise, bury the hatchet, and unite and fight our real enemies. Thank you very much.

Nlfpmod kindly push this home.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Bookhub: 8:17pm On Feb 18
who says obidients are only igbos? do you know how many yoruba obidients i know in person using that same ebin pawa slogan? since you want to ethnicize it no problem ibo and yoruba unity cannot work not even in a 100 years, forget its impossible the bigoted elements will never let it work ,and trust me if the table was turned and obi was president and things were this bad by now the country would have being on fire,he may even be killed or overthrown by the military and other ethnic groups will rejoice ,obidients are mocking online abi,the yorubas and hausas will even do worse they will take it offline and cause serious harm to the igbos no be today.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Couldntfigurean: 8:20pm On Feb 18
I doubt you are Igbo,Igbo criticize tinubu while the Yorubas blatantly insult all Igbo
Go to x,they have accounts specifically for insulting Igbo people,lagospeadia,no nonsense,bukky,Calabar tm etc

Abeg use another strategy

11 Likes

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by BiafranPatriot: 8:20pm On Feb 18
Just know this...

SOUTHERN UNITY IS DEAD.

Let that aspect sink in first.. angry

As said above...Igbos rejected Tinubu and Buhari.

Who insulted all igbos and their non political interest..............Yoruba!!!

So Stop the unity mantra............ITS DEAD.

6 Likes

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:21pm On Feb 18
I share in your thought process..

We should stop mocking any tribe for whatever reason.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 8:27pm On Feb 18
Couldntfigurean:
I doubt you are Igbo,Igbo criticize tinubu while the Yorubas blatantly insult all Igbo
Go to x,they have accounts specifically for insulting Igbo people,lagospeadia,no nonsense,bukky,Calabar tm etc

I know it's so. But I'm saying it shouldn't be so. In such a situation, someone must concede for things to work out right. It is so even in our respective marriages. If you think you are the wiser, you should be the first to concede. Read the story of the two foolish goats and you understand. https://www.firstcry.com/intelli/articles/the-two-goats-story-with-moral-for-kids/

Meanwhile, there are also many Yorubas criticizing Tinubu. If you doubt it, I dig out their tweets for you. It's always stupid to profile an entire ethnic group made up of millions of people.

Dr. Stephen Akintayo, an Obidient, recently wrote as follows on his X page:

People are tagging me here and there to comment about the current Nigeria situation but what do you want me to say? I knew all these would happen. I knew Buhari had set Nigeria back 30Years. I knew even if Peter Obi entered, we'd still experience pain. But here are what @PeterObi would have done differently from @officialABAT ;

1) He would have cut down the cost of governance and not approve new cars for legislators costing billions when Nigerians are suffering. We all would have seen that the President too is empathizing with us all.

2) He would have rolled out more palliatives and home-grown solutions to solve problems like massive conversion of cars to CNG etc.

3) He would have employed more people into the army and police helping to reduce insecurity and create jobs.

4)He would have made scape goat of bank MDs who are just round tripping dollars up and down and politicians hoarding dollars everywhere .

5)He would have spoken to us more to help give the youth hope. The youth need hope more than anything else.

At this point, I have built my life that even if dollar is 10,000naira to 1dollar , I will be fine. I spoke for the common good of average and ordinary Nigerians, but you all abuse me day and night for my choice of Peter Obi. Some claim I betrayed the Yoruba race . Now, I hope Yorubas are buying dollar cheaper and food cheaper and fuel cheaper .

For Me , Tinubu is the President for the next 3Years plus. All we can do is pray for wisdom and that God have Mercy on Nigeria at this Point. On Your Mandate we Shall stand for the Next 3Years๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š.
But seriously, something urgent needs to be done for the sake of us All.

As an Igbo ridiculing all Yorubas because of Tinubu's failures, you're being very unfair to people like this whereas some of those who worked against the Obi candidacy (such as Soludo, Mbaka, etc) are Igbo.

Again I say, IT IS ALWAYS STUPID TO STEREOTYPE ENTIRE TRIBES MADE UP OF MILLIONS OF INDIVIDUALS.
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Beautifulday: 8:28pm On Feb 18
Couldntfigurean:

Sensible Igbos have is kind of reasoning. Focus on your business and stay against evil government not the people or person
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Depriest2020: 8:29pm On Feb 18
Here is a good Igbo Man โ˜๏ธ. A wise one at that. Your children and childrens children shall surround your table at your old age. @ OP

3 Likes

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by naija4life247: 8:30pm On Feb 18
We have humiliated you in last three consecutive Presidential elections, in the next three consecutive Presidential elections, we shall humiliate you again. You go cry blood.

That Igbo Presidency you have been promoting will never ever work

2 Likes

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Nvestor02: 8:31pm On Feb 18
Tinubu is not misrulling abeg... Let's get our fact right.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Ngozi123(f): 8:31pm On Feb 18
I think that some people mistake Tinubu supporters aka Agbadorians for all Yorubas and that's where the issue lies. People should make it clear that they're talking about Agbadorians and not all Yorubas.

Some people also make the same mistake with Igbos and Obidients.

1 Like

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 8:36pm On Feb 18
Bookhub:
who says obidients are only igbos? do you know how many yoruba obidients i know in person using that same ebin pawa slogan? since you want to ethnicize it no problem ibo and yoruba unity cannot work not even in a 100 years, forget its impossible the bigoted elements will never let it work ,and trust me if the table was turned and obi was president and things were this bad by now the country would have being on fire,he may even be killed or overthrown by the military and other ethnic groups will rejoice ,obidients are mocking online abi,the yorubas and hausas will even do worse they will take it offline and cause serious harm no be today.
So, why mock the entire Yoruba race with slurs like 'e bi n pa wa' since there are Yorubas who are not supporting Tinubu? I mean that such slurs will offend those Yorubas. And this is true even if it's used by Yorubas themselves. For now however, I'm asking my own people to not join in the foolishness.

1 Like

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Couldntfigurean: 8:36pm On Feb 18
Beautifulday:

Sensible Igbos have is kind of reasoning. Focus on your business and stay against evil government not the people or person
na mumu them like,no be so una take like igbokwe,because he insults his people

1 Like

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Tjra: 8:38pm On Feb 18
You dey write letter for people born and raised to hate "Omo Yoruba" to suddenly start liking them?

The hatred and negative competition was passed down from generation to generation. You can't change it overnight.

Better engage in something more productive.

1 Like

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by DatNiggaDaz: 8:39pm On Feb 18
Did you drop such "passionate" Letter when the Niger Deltans where been insulted by those who parapo themselves to gather at ojota to insult and malign GEJ

Did you write such "passionate" letters when those who were enjoying petrol prices at 137naira per liter were insulting our brothers from the East because of GEJ

You aint no man from the East, the wise men from the East we Niger deltans enjoy dealing with don't write love letters on behalf of the Igbos.

Your aim is all about Southern yoonity. Count the SE & SS out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 8:41pm On Feb 18
naija4life247:
We have humiliated you in last three consecutive Presidential elections, in the next three consecutive Presidential elections, we shall humiliate you again. You go cry blood.

That Igbo Presidency you have been promoting will never ever work
You're not thinking clearly because as we talk, reports from across the nation shows that you people are suffering it more. So, who is humiliating who? What's your gain when your 'brother' is ruling and you are hungrier than someone whose brother is not ruling? Only failures seek validation in tribal achievements since they lack personal achievements my dear.

1 Like

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 8:45pm On Feb 18
Tjra:
You dey write letter for people born and raised to hate "Omo Yoruba" to suddenly start liking them?

The hatred and negative competition was passed down from generation to generation. You can't change it overnight.

Better engage in something more productive.
People from your side carried a coffin depicting a whole President and I know that no Igbo has done that much to you. So who is the greater hater here? You can see that it is not wise to think that only one tribe hates. Instead the truth is that haters are found in all the tribes. Therefore, if you are not one of the haters, go and address your people as I am addressing my own people. If not, you are a hypocrite calling other people what you are.
DatNiggaDaz:
Did you drop such "passionate" Letter when the Niger Deltans where been insulted by those who parapo themselves to gather at ojota to insult and malign GEJ

Did you write such "passionate" letters when those who were enjoying petrol prices at 137naira per liter were insulting our brothers from the East because of GEJ

You aint no man from the East, the wise men from the East we Niger deltans enjoy dealing with don't write love letters on behalf of the Igbos.

Your aim is all about Southern yoonity. Count the SE & SS out.

See above where I just criticized what was done to GEJ. It's animalistic to insist on conflict. It's what Peace Pilgrim called "the jungle law of tooth and claw". Only animals keep fighting without considering peace as an option.

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Ofodirinwa: 8:48pm On Feb 18
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by magoo10(m): 8:49pm On Feb 18
Be rest assured that many igbo"s share your point of reasoning otherwise they would have joined the call for protest which might be seen as spiting our Yoruba brothers especially those who stood by Peter Obi during the elections .
However there is an extent to which you can control how people feel and want to react to what is happening today and what happened during the elections.
Many igbo"s were humiliated, threatened,harmed and some killed for voting their choice,not because they hated tinubu for being Yoruba but because they felt tinubu wasn't qualified and capable.
Going forward after the elections and eventual declaration of winners the lagos state government knowingly or unknowingly embarked in some bizarre actions such as demolitions that made it look like they targeted a particular ethnic group.
Now this class of victims cannot be blamed for how they react to this issue.

Summarily we must continue to criticize tinubu and his corrupt failing government not because he is Yoruba but because he belongs a good for nothing party that comprises wicked and greedy corrupt politicians from every tribe in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 8:50pm On Feb 18
Ofodirinwa:

fixed
No, you failed. Could be God warning you.
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 8:53pm On Feb 18
magoo10:
Be rest assured that many igbo"s share your point of reasoning otherwise they would have joined the call for protest which might be seen as spiting our Yoruba brothers especially those who stood by Peter Obi during the elections .
However there is an extent to which you can control how people feel and want to react to what is happening today and what happened during the elections.
Many igbo"s were humiliated, threatened,harmed and some killed for voting their choice,not because they hated tinubu for being Yoruba but because they felt tinubu wasn't qualified and capable.
Going forward after the elections and eventual declaration of winners the lagos state government knowingly or unknowingly embarked in some bizarre actions such as demolitions that made it look like they targeted a particular ethnic group.
Now this class of victims cannot be blamed for how they react to this issue.

Summarily we must continue to criticize tinubu and his corrupt failing government not because he is Yoruba but because he belongs a good for nothing party that comprises wicked and greedy corrupt politicians from every tribe in Nigeria.
I am fully in support of criticizing Tinubu or any other bad leader. What I am against is trying to ridicule Yorubas because of Tinubu. Thanks for your maturity.

1 Like

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Ofodirinwa: 8:56pm On Feb 18
LoveLeadsLand:

No, you failed. Could be God warning you.

You're either under the age of 18, or a scared weak person, but you're speaking to people with more experience with these people than you have. If you remember thing in 4 years, you will be ashamed of your current mentality. You can resist what I'm saying if you want, but give yourself time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by illicit(m): 9:01pm On Feb 18
Say no to violence
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Majesty2(m): 9:02pm On Feb 18
Alaye, Yoruba no send u, we no beg for love from anybody or any fvcking region, nah fire 4 fire..

1 Like

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 9:05pm On Feb 18
Ofodirinwa:

You're either under the age of 18, or a scared weak person, but you're speaking to people with more experience with these people than you have. If you remember thing in 4 years, you will be ashamed of your current mentality. You can resist what I'm saying if you want, but give yourself time.
If an 18-year-old says "stop fighting" and an 81-year-old says "keep on fighting", tell me in all honesty who is more mature between the two.
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by DatNiggaDaz: 9:06pm On Feb 18
LoveLeadsLand:

People from your side carried a coffin depicting a whole President and I know that no Igbo has done that much to you. So who is the greater hater here? You can see that it is not wise to think that only one tribe hates. Instead the truth is that haters are found in all the tribes. Therefore, if you are not one of the haters, go and address your people as I am addressing my own people. If not, you are a hypocrite calling other people what you are.

See above where I just criticized what was done to GEJ. It's animalistic to insist on conflict. It's what Peace Pilgrim called "the jungle law of tooth and claw". Only animals keep fighting without considering peace as an option.
Only foools forget history without considering the future
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by BOSSkesh(m): 9:07pm On Feb 18
I know there are a few sensible Igbos
But they have been relegated to the background what we have now are ipob sympathizers and we know upon wants to see Nigeria faille badly
So we give them fire for fire
Tinubu made the right policies at the right time and Igbos know this as their preffered candidate would have dis the same thing and by now they too would have been calling for patience and faith in their imaginary government
They are just angry that it's a Yoruba man implementing this policies
Nigeria will bounce back and it's enemies will be put to shame
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 9:07pm On Feb 18
Majesty2:
Alaye, Yoruba no send u, we no beg for love from anybody or any fvcking region, nah fire 4 fire..
I'm not asking anyone to love you. I'm only asking my people not to be foolish with the foolish.
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Dafresh: 9:07pm On Feb 18
Couldntfigurean:

You're 100% correct
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:09pm On Feb 18
Tired of all these unity begging threads.
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 9:10pm On Feb 18
BOSSkesh:
I know there are a few sensible Igbos
But they have been relegated to the background what we have now are ipob sympathizers and we know upon wants to see Nigeria faille badly
So we give them fire for fire
Tinubu made the right policies at the right time and Igbos know this as their preffered candidate would have dis the same thing and by now they too would have been calling for patience and faith in their imaginary government
They are just angry that it's a Yoruba man implementing this policies
Nigeria will bounce back and it's enemies will be put to shame
Have you heard of any protest or suicide from Igbo land since Tinubu took over? But there have been countless protests and suicides from your area. So, the joke is on you.
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 9:12pm On Feb 18
AlfaSeltzer:
Tired of all these unity begging threads.
You can't be wiser than Pa Adebanjo. So, try and grow up from this mindset level.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fubara Appoints justice Mary Odili As Pro-chancellor Of Rivers State University. / SSA To Gov Sanwo-Olu Jubril Gawat Tells People To Ponu If They Want / Reno Corrects Peter Obi On Strike Of Educational Workers In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.