Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos (876 Views)

Fellow Igbos, Let's Stop With The Gaslighting Technique.it Doesn't Work Anymore / What Crime Have Mbano And Mbaise People Committed Against Fellow Igbos?? / A Passionate Letter To Buhari On Omar Farouq Convicted by Sharia Court In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Majesty2(m): 9:16pm On Feb 18
LoveLeadsLand:

I'm not asking anyone to love you. I'm only asking my people not to be foolish with the foolish.
ogbeni, dotians are inconsequential, nobody rates them here... U do anyhow, u see anyhow
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 9:18pm On Feb 18
Depriest2020:
Here is a good Igbo Man ☝️. A wise one at that. Your children and childrens children shall surround your table at your old age. @ OP
Thank you brother. There are good and bad Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, etc.

1 Like

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Dafresh: 9:19pm On Feb 18
naija4life247:
We have humiliated you in last three consecutive Presidential elections, in the next three consecutive Presidential elections, we shall humiliate you again. You go cry blood.

That Igbo Presidency you have been promoting will never ever work
Lol and Nigeria will never ever work except Igbo presidency
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Achor1111(m): 9:40pm On Feb 18
LoveLeadsLand:
My dear fellow Igbos,

I thank you for clicking through to read. I would have liked to write this in Igbo but I doubt if the mods would agree to take it home (and I really need as many of us as possible to read this). Writing it in English will also make it clear that we are not conspiring against anyone out here.

My point is about making mockery of our Yoruba brethren because of Tinubu's misrule. I am asking you this: Let's please stop doing that. I state my reason for saying this in the following few paragraphs:

To start with, I am very sure that Mr. Peter Obi's candidacy in the 2023 election wasn't about any ethnic interest. Yet, we all know that Obi is Igbo. So, any support given to him during the electioneering was indirectly a support given to all of us. If not for any other reason but because Igbo is one of the ethnic groups most committed to good governance in this country.

In the light of the above, let's remember that some of the strongest supports given to the Obi-Datti Campaigns came from the Yorubas. For example, Afenifere's Pa Adebanjo risked hatred by his own people to support our brother. Same with former President Obasanjo.

It is true that these supports didn't quite reflect at the polls. But then, it happened before all of us which I believe is the reason why Obi could get up to 99,000 votes in an overwhelmingly Yoruba majority state like Oyo.

So, even if for the sake of Pa Adebanjo, President Obasanjo, and other Yorubas (like those over 99,000 in Oyo) alone, let's desist from making slurs like 'ebi m pa wa' whenever there's a report of economic difficulties from the South-West.

I was forced to write this letter because I see that our lack of unity is the reason why our oppressors continue to overwhelm us. I mean that all of us no matter our tribes are suffering under the same oppressors who are drawn from different tribes too. And some of these ethnic slurs we make here on social media are the reasons why we are divided and therefore easily subjugated by these oppressors.

So, let's be wise, bury the hatchet, and unite and fight our real enemies. Thank you very much.

Nlfpmod kindly push this home.

Have they enrolled you for 30k salary?
Igbo this! Igbo that!
Obi this! Obi that!
Zukwanike!

1 Like

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 6:56am On Feb 19
Dafresh:

Lol and Nigeria will never ever work except Igbo presidency
No, I disagree with the "Igbo Presidency" stuff. Imagine making Hope Uzodinma the President 😩😭 So, it's not about Igbo. It's about the right person such as Peter Obi, Donald Duke, Babatunde Fashola, Aisha Yesufu, etc.
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 7:43am On Feb 19
BiafranPatriot:
Just know this...

SOUTHERN UNITY IS DEAD.

Let that aspect sink in first.. angry

As said above...Igbos rejected Tinubu and Buhari. Who insulted all igbos and their non political interest Yoruba.

So Stop the unity mantra...ITS DEAD.

Do you know why sovereign nations have diplomats and maintain diplomatic relations? It's because no nation can survive without friendly nations, especially friendly neighbors. So, since you agreed there are non-political interest Yorubas at all, why are you so defeatist about achieving Southern unity of purpose?

See this...

DohFahSo:
Yorubas should protest. Some of them voted because of tribalism. Now, the same people who foisted their lord on all of us are the same people shouting "ebin pa wa". When they sold their votes for bread and oil, they didn't know that they were eating tomorrow's food today abi. Rubbish. Leave the Igbos out of your mess and clean it up.

Before you quote me, I'm a Yoruba man.

I was ashamed of Sanwo Olu during this election period. APC thugs were beating and harassing Igbos to vote for APC. They wounded some of my Igbo friends, beat some, stopped many from voting. Actions always have consequences. Now, the country is in disarray and you're calling on the Igbos that you refused the right to vote. Ai sinle ologbo, ile di'le ekute.

Modified: Some people have started calling me ipob, just because I said the truth. Please, didn't many Yorubas in Lagos, Osun and Ibadan vote APC because "Omo wa ni"? They've called me "Omo ale" just because I chose not to vote for evil. They've called me ipob, not understanding that my lineage is deeply Yoruba to the past 200 years. Okan yin o ni bale.
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by olaniyi263: 7:51am On Feb 19
Tired of all these unity begging threads.Tired of all these unity begging threads....

1 Like

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Great0ne1: 8:02am On Feb 19
LoveLeadsLand:

I know it's so. But I'm saying it shouldn't be so. In such a situation, someone must concede for things to work out right. It is so even in our respective marriages. If you think you are the wiser, you should be the first to concede. Read the story of the two foolish goats and you understand. https://www.firstcry.com/intelli/articles/the-two-goats-story-with-moral-for-kids/

Meanwhile, there are also many Yorubas criticizing Tinubu. If you doubt it, I dig out their tweets for you. It's always stupid to profile an entire ethnic group made up of millions of people.

Dr. Stephen Akintayo, an Obidient, recently wrote as follows on his X page:

As an Igbo ridiculing all Yorubas because of Tinubu's failures, you're being very unfair to people like this whereas some of those who worked against the Obi candidacy (such as Soludo, Mbaka, etc) are Igbo.

Again I say, IT IS ALWAYS STUPID TO STEREOTYPE ENTIRE TRIBES MADE UP OF MILLIONS OF INDIVIDUALS.
You have a point bro. You do
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by BiafranPatriot: 8:03am On Feb 19
Rants....

Let this sink in....

SOUTHERN UNITY IS DEAD... angry

LoveLeadsLand:

Do you know why sovereign nations have diplomats and maintain diplomatic relations? It's because no nation can survive without friendly nations, especially friendly neighbors. So, since you agreed there are non-political interest Yorubas at all, why are you so defeatist about achieving Southern unity of purpose?

See this...

1 Like

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Great0ne1: 8:03am On Feb 19
naija4life247:
We have humiliated you in last three consecutive Presidential elections, in the next three consecutive Presidential elections, we shall humiliate you again. You go cry blood.

That Igbo Presidency you have been promoting will never ever work
Hope hunger will allow you to witness this
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Great0ne1: 8:04am On Feb 19
Ngozi123:
I think that some people mistake Tinubu supporters aka Agbadorians for all Yorubas and that's where the issue lies. People should make it clear that they're talking about Agbadorians and not all Yorubas.

Some people also make the same mistake with Igbos and Obidients.
True to some extent
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by BiafranPatriot: 8:04am On Feb 19
Nobody buys that worthless JOIN PROTEST nonsense.

SOUTHERN UNITY IS DEAD

olaniyi263:
Tired of all these unity begging threads.Tired of all these unity begging threads....

1 Like

Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by LoveLeadsLand(m): 12:02pm On Feb 19
Great0ne1:

You have a point bro. You do
Thank you my brother.
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by haffaze777(m): 12:15pm On Feb 19
Mtcheeeew who take obi.diot serious?
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Yujin(m): 1:21pm On Feb 19
Any rat that squeaks should be shot dead by the terrorist Nigerian army. It is crime to protest in the evil contraption.
Southern unity got sick during Operation Python Dance and died during ENDSARS. Its corpse is now rotten and the stence all over the place currently. Anyone calling for it right now is a MADMAN and deserves to be shot dead.
Re: An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos by Dafresh: 1:45pm On Feb 19
LoveLeadsLand:

No, I disagree with the "Igbo Presidency" stuff. Imagine making Hope Uzodinma the President 😩😭 So, it's not about Igbo. It's about the right person such as Peter Obi, Donald Duke, 0Babatunde Fashola, Aisha Yesufu, etc.
I will rather vote for Shakau than to vote for hope

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Is A War Crime For Soldiers To Attack A Community In Peace Time / New Governors Pictures? / Reality Hits Obj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.