Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate (9728 Views)

FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 / PDP Installs Digital Billboard To Broadcast Oshiomhole’s Attestation On Obaseki / Ignore Senate, Abuja-kaduna Highway Now Safe For Travellers – El-rufai Tells Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by DesChyko: 6:31am On Feb 20
Star Boy Minister

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by DonDaDa234: 6:31am On Feb 20
No more beggy beggy for nis
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Joyce95: 6:44am On Feb 20
Great News

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by flexybricky(m): 6:54am On Feb 20
Positive change at last.
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Zeesugar(f): 7:07am On Feb 20
Gradually becoming world standard.

Nigeria is progressing
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by MarketDispatch: 7:10am On Feb 20
TheRareGem1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/fg-reduces-check-in-time-for-intl-travellers-installs-30-seconds-clearance-gates/amp/

I hope they also install central Air-conditioning system so that travellers will not be sweating upon landing and entering the arrival halls.
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Solape1: 7:15am On Feb 20
This is impressive, it will neutralize the long queue and also restore our integrity as a nation. It is embarrassing the way the corrupt officers at the checkpoint authoritatively ask for tips and delay you from challenging them. God bless the minister of Interior and NIS

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by NaijaNaWaa: 7:34am On Feb 20
Ole! If you check, you’ll find that the contract was overinflated
Anyway, good move if it works and the corrupt immigration officials don’t sabotage it. They like it manual so they can extort

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by davidtemi(m): 7:43am On Feb 20
But Aregbesola was the former interior minister....

Only to dey announce public holidays I knew him with.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Oneday82: 7:51am On Feb 20
The only working minister. Nice one Hon. Tunji

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Adelekan40(m): 7:51am On Feb 20
This initiative will ease off the stress travellers go through at the airports. This is highly recommendable .
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Oluwalosolami: 8:06am On Feb 20
This is a great development! It will curb the incessant demand NIS officers make passengers.
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by OlufunkeBabs: 8:08am On Feb 20
Good one, welldone sir

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by ZaddyJ: 8:15am On Feb 20
HeroicMeastro:

Do you think that those "day light unarmed robbers" that call themselves immigration officers and airport staff would allow such equipment to work for a long time?
It is only in Nigeria that you see staff and immigration officers asking for money like beggers!
We Nigerians have a serious problem as a people.
Stop lying they beg in Togo
They beg in Ghana
And more recent I was in Kenya a police officer begged me and my wife for money so he can fasttrack her entry from the long queue
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Temmy1997(f): 9:11am On Feb 20
This is highly commendable
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by commoditiesnig: 9:17am On Feb 20

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by ComeToJesus: 9:30am On Feb 20
TheRareGem1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/fg-reduces-check-in-time-for-intl-travellers-installs-30-seconds-clearance-gates/amp/

Those same Immigration guys will bungle that equipment. Ask yourself why Scanners at the Ports never seem to work? (Customs left the chat).

It is from the interface that they make money from travellers, though not all of them.

A young officer that attended to me one time I was travelling was so professional and friendly. He didn't create imaginary road blocks to extort me. He was so nice, warm, engaging and extremely polite.
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by CaptainFM1: 9:51am On Feb 20
This minister seems to be the only Starboy in Tinubu's cabinet.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by COMPAQ(m): 10:14am On Feb 20
braine:
What happened to this guy's corruption case with the other minister? Abi dem don sweep am under carpet as per the usual?

He has no corruption case!
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Dc14(m): 12:19pm On Feb 20
Parydelegate:

Nice one....BAT is working

Nigeria is Progressing.

30s still longer than some men se.x time
e say ewa okay sha
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by MyExpression(m): 12:30pm On Feb 20
I've always wonders why one would arrive an airport, and spend up to 30mins sorting bags and checking out.
I've been thinking of a solution to proffer but thank God we have one now.

Same should be done for Cargo clearance at the wharf.

It is doable in other countries, we can study and adopt existing models from other functional ports in other countries.
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Terrahawk: 12:48pm On Feb 20
Olubunmi Tunji Ojo is a first class minister and is doing great things so far for the average Nigerian. Thank you very much sir, and well done. He has more to come. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Razzy01(m): 7:56pm On Feb 20
What’s all this bullshit about focusing on air transportation of foreigners into the country than the land. Please someone should make me understand better. The land boarders are there wide open for this “I don’t care” people to freely flow into the country to cause chaos eg. banditry, kidnapping even causing over population in the country making it difficult for the government to manage it effectively and efficiently.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by a4cube: 7:59pm On Feb 20
Rare good news.
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Aguogba(m): 8:27pm On Feb 20
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by surgical: 8:48pm On Feb 20
braine:
What happened to this guy's corruption case with the other minister? Abi dem don sweep am under carpet as per the usual?
Na enemies, who are envious of his rising profile, the only shining star in this administration
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by PHAYOL81: 9:48pm On Feb 20
Hopefully so
Re: FG Reduces Check-In Time For Travellers, Installs 30 Seconds Clearance Gate by Konquest: 12:24am On Feb 21
TheRareGem1:

As part of measures to reduce check-in time for international travellers, the federal government has installed 30-seconds biometric clearance gates for the Nigeria Immigration Service NIS at all international airports across the country

According to the Minister of Interior, Dr Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo who undertook a tour of the biometric equipment installed at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, and the Command and Control Centre at the NIS Headquarters on Monday, the facilities would ensure effective and efficient management of international passengers in the country

He said the biometric gates can screen and clear a passenger within 30 seconds without any interface or contact with Immigration personnel.

Tunji-Ojo added that the facilities would be ready in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Kano, Abuja and Enugu by March. According to him, Lagos would have 17 gates, Abuja 10, Port Harcourt and Kano 5 each and Enugu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor / People Are Planning To Impersonate Military Personnel During Elections - CDS / PDP Ward Congresses: Dickson Urges Party Leaders, Supporters To Support Diri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.