Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 (20042 Views)

Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market / Dollar Hits N600 At Parallel Market, FOREX Supply Shrinks / Massive Job Cut Looms As Dollar Hits ₦590, FOREX Scarcity Bites Harder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:39am On Feb 21
Nemere2020:

https://dailytrust.com/despite-fgs-clampdown-dollar-hits-n1900-pound-n2250/#:~:text=Bureau%20De%20Change%20(BDC)%20hubs,was%20exchanged%20for%20N2%2C250..

TINUBU DONT KILL US...
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by NofiuFade(m): 9:40am On Feb 21
E never reach for us to hit the streets with protest? What is this?
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by mariahAngel(f): 9:40am On Feb 21
Never in my wildest dream would I have thought that things could get any worse than in Buhari's administration.
Alas! Tinubu has done it within a short space of time.

EreluRoz, I hope you and your cohorts are observing what is going on.
Your asiwaju has finally destroyed Nigeria.

NofiuFade:
E never reach for us to hit the streets with protest? What is this?

Make una wey support Tinubu go ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by edwardadex23(m): 9:41am On Feb 21
Fridge for URGENT sale in neat condition 100k slightly negotiable contact 0.8.0.3.4.1.6.9.3.2.7

Location DOPEMU LAGOS

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by EreluRoz: 9:43am On Feb 21
mariahAngel:
Never in my wildest dream would I have thought that things could get any worse than in Buhari's administration.
Alas! Tinubu has done it within a short space of time.

EreluRoz, I hope you and your cohorts are observing what is going on.
Your asiwaju has finally destroyed Nigeria.
I'm new here and don't know what you are talking about

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by irepnaija4eva(m): 9:44am On Feb 21
Balistic4:

Ekwensu kpoo gi oku there. What do you know about level, you that can't even feed yourself. Isi adiro gi nma. efulefu like you

Nna eh i kpasolam iwe..
Ana acho otu ha ga esi we mezie obodo ka owe diri onye obula na mma.. Ozu nwuru anwu dika gi eweghi uche...

You think everbody body is Emotionally inept like you?
I no blame misguided Teenagers like you worthless imp..

Amadioha piwa gi azu there..
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by aimmoney9: 9:45am On Feb 21
nnewsnjobs:
Sometimes I even wonder if nairaland is helping to speculate or is it really true that 1$ is equal to #1900 in the parallel market?

Please can someone help to confirm this.
It is actually 1950 naira this morning..... grin grin grin
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by mariahAngel(f): 9:46am On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
I'm new here and don't know what you are talking about

You and all that supported Tinubu, an old man that was not fit to rule, ought to be ashamed of yourselves!
People like you all are the major problem with Nigeria. angry

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by justmondris: 9:47am On Feb 21
ExudeLoveToAll:

Blame blame blame and blame.

Zero accountability that's why we are here, the moment we learn how to be accountable the nation will get better.

Boris could go further he handed to May and she did same to sunak, why can't our leaders do same if they know they are incompetent? Rather they start shifting blames just as you are doing.

Our leaders are incompetent and greedy. They prefer to die in the office than hand power over to someone else before the end of their tenure.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by EreluRoz: 9:48am On Feb 21
mariahAngel:

You and all that supported Tinubu, an old man that was not fit to rule, ought to ashamed of yourselves!
Did you catch me red-handed casting my vote for him? I'm new here and have no idea what you are talking about.

But I hope we all embrace the idea of revolution
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by EreluRoz: 9:54am On Feb 21
mariahAngel:

You and all that supported Tinubu, an old man that was not fit to rule, ought to be ashamed of yourselves!
We will correct everything that's wrong in the next election. I'm so disappointed
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by nnewsnjobs: 9:56am On Feb 21
Connected1:

I wonder what you use your internet and phone for.

So my Internet and phone is to be searching for how Tinubu is destroying the economy?

When you were voting for Tinubu, did you see me there, why are you venting your anger on me?

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by mariahAngel(f): 9:57am On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
We will correct everything that's wrong in the next election. I'm so disappointed

It's the audacity for me! 😲
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by EreluRoz: 9:59am On Feb 21
mariahAngel:

It's the audacity for me! 😲
I so much believed in him, I was told he's the only capable hands but even the person that told me is not happy with what he's doing
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Bigkoko: 10:00am On Feb 21
Do not ever play with Statistics! You think the Americans, Europeans and Asians that spend huge amount of money paying companies to give them market predictions and statistics which they then incorporate into the development plan, you think they are mad or love wasting money? Una go get sense when it actually hit 2500NGN to a dollar.....

For my clients, i sometimes walk the street like a crazed out nigga, so i can better understand the market and draw my conclusions before forwarding a Report....yet one coco sniffing mugu and his band of wereys taught economy is by snatching, grabbing and running away with it!

By the way, even Asiwaju don beat PwC projections because, the projection was that Naira will hit 2500NGN to a dollar by late 2025, but at this crazy bulablu rate, Naira will clock 2500 to a dollar befor december 2024... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Asiwaju is a king maker, not a ruler! Obj is not a king maker, but a ruler. Gej is not a king maker, but a ruler. HE Peter Obi is not a king maker, but he is a prudent ruler, a fiscally responsible person of European standard. If you have a business you suffer to build with out contracts & easy money from govt, you will appreciate a ruler like HE Peter Obi!

For now, let those in Nigeria continue to teach PO & omoyeebos lesson!

By the way, where is that cluster fvck our own dear werey reno omokri? Bulablu never drop somtin?

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Balistic4: 10:00am On Feb 21
irepnaija4eva:

Nna eh i kpasolam iwe..
Ana acho otu ha ga esi we mezie obodo ka owe diri onye obula na mma.. Ozu nwuru anwu dika gi eweghi uche...

You think everbody body is Emotionally inept like you?
I no blame misguided Teenagers like you worthless imp..

Amadioha piwa gi azu there..

nkapi di ka gi na acho otu o ge si mezie obodo, e si begi eje b' onye? Onye nzuzu
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Connected1: 10:01am On Feb 21
nnewsnjobs:

So my Internet and phone is to be searching for how Tinubu is destroying the economy?

When you were voting for Tinubu, did you see me there, why are you venting your anger on me?
You are just a lazy fool who can't google for dollar rate on the parallel market.

I voted for LP and I am not a fan of APC irrespective of who they present but don't hide your foolishness under calling people you don't know as APC supporters.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Londerry: 10:03am On Feb 21
PussyOdour:
shocked

Tinubu has really disgrace the self acclaimed sophisticators. Tinubu is the most intelligent and smartest Yoruba man hence the Yoruba present him to stand election. If Tinubu is the best Yorubas can produce and the most educated Yoruba man, I can only shake my head, because it's now glaring that we were deceived long time ago and we believed that Yoruba tribe is the most educated tribe in

Nigeria. That was a huge fallacy.

That man Tinubu is a complete dummy, zero sense in governance.

You seem not to understand what you just typed. Can anyone be the most intelligent? You can only be excellent in your field or area of specialty. Anyways, the best candidate for this country by all standards would have been Prof. Oshibajo. Even better than PO but was denied by dollar bribed delegates.
-He was in the previous administration
-Experienced first hand the challenges and difficulties of governing 210 million multiethnic people with various regional cabals and spiritual wickedness in high places
-Understood right policies with facts, evidence and experience. No trial and error policies and propaganda as common with politicians.
-Only needed to be number person to take decisions without having to take orders from a superior.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by irepnaija4eva(m): 10:05am On Feb 21
Balistic4:

nkapi di ka gi na acho otu o ge si mezie obodo, e si begi eje b' onye? Onye nzuzu

Odorom anya n'itala afufu n'uwa gi a..
E chere na onye obula n'eche ka ewu dika gi?
Ika buru nwata kiri n ebe nno..

Onye aburu onu.. Onweghi ga eme ka e bara uru n' nwagi a iputara..

Negodu nwata kiri nbanshi na ewero respect.. Cherum..

Wait make i close my shift i get your time..
Ezi bida...
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by nnewsnjobs: 10:07am On Feb 21
Connected1:

You are just a lazy fool who can't google for dollar rate on the parallel market.

I voted for LP and I am not a fan of APC irrespective of who they present but don't hide your foolishness under calling people you don't know as APC supporters.
Look at this slowpoke, so you believe everything you see on Internet. You will soon believe that you are in USA. Abeg dey your lane, cos am not the one creating this hardship for the country. Go and face Tinubu.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Balistic4: 10:08am On Feb 21
irepnaija4eva:

Odorom anya n'itala afufu n'uwa gi a..
E chere na onye obula n'eche ka ewu dika gi?
Ika buru nwata kiri n ebe nno..

Onye aburu onu.. Onweghi ga eme ka e bara uru n' nwagi a iputara..

Wait make i close my shift i get your time..
Ezi bida...

na nairaland ka aga eli gi, gi na ezi n' ulo gi. Tinubu has good heart, nyen nyen nyen. Onye kpuru isi ka gi nma, onye aburu onu ka gi nma. obukwa nu ndu k' idi? Onye nwuru anwu ka gi nma
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by R0LL0N(m): 10:09am On Feb 21
This people forget that operation is not by physical location but remote
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Kennyswag: 10:10am On Feb 21
ExudeLoveToAll:

We don't but it has direct correlation with the prices of goods and services. Bread is now 1600 in my area was shocked when I bought one yesterday. Very dicey situation.
what concerns dollar with bread that is locally made?

Evil Nigerians.

Same way fruit and garri sellers will be shouting na `dollar cause am'
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Sicklebear28: 10:19am On Feb 21
irepnaija4eva:
I'm quite sure if Tinubu knew the Actual dept of Economic Quagmire the previous Government Plunge Nigeria into, He wouldn't Have dared to Contest...

He Has a Good Heart with The Nigerian Interest At Heart..

I Just Hope Things will Turn out Well At the End..

NA STATISTICS WE GO CHOP?

Then LegendHero, mannababaqgrillz, seunmsg, flokii, Emperorceasar, benuejosh, accordadoga26, TimeManager, KingKO22 screamed in climaxed frenzy and raised their hands even during the national anthem to hail their messiah tinubu as he licked the microphone cheesy

On his mandate shall they stand and scream RoNu RoNu RoNu till they fall flat on their faces cool

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Angelfrost(m): 10:20am On Feb 21
phorget:
Hitting 2000 is our target, from Yoruba RONU to Yoruba RUN O!

That's no longer a target... That's a foregone conclusion.

It's floating and directly under the chokehold of market forces of demand and supply.

As it stands, the demand for Dollars and foreign currencies is higher than ever, meaning it will depreciate beyond #2000 before March.

For an import-dependent and low-production economy like ours, inflation will KILL most Nigerians in the coming months.

Fuel prices
Transport costs
Business costs
Etc.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by irepnaija4eva(m): 10:20am On Feb 21
Balistic4:

na nairaland ka aga eli gi, gi na ezi n' ulo gi. Tinubu has good heart, nyen nyen nyen. Onye kpuru isi ka gi nma, onye aburu onu ka gi nma. obukwa nu ndu k' idi? Onye nwuru anwu ka gi nma

Lolz.. Onye eriri eri... Obi onugbo.. Ezi n'ulo gi ni le.. ama ba uru n'uwa iputa ra.. Ihie obula i tinyere aka aman gaziri gi.. Ka ala nke i nēje ije n'elu ya jua gi.

Ka obi ọjọ gi ripia gi. Ka nkpuru-obi-gi nawaghari n'ọzara nke ise-okwu.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by AncientAlien(m): 10:20am On Feb 21
nnewsnjobs:
Sometimes I even wonder if nairaland is helping to speculate or is it really true that 1$ is equal to #1900 in the parallel market?

Please can someone help to confirm this.
Google is there to verify it for you my brother.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Kennyswag: 10:21am On Feb 21
fabian063:
Common, I'm sure you are not ignorant of the dollars exchange in an economy where 90% of goods consumed are imported
so how is it tinubus fault that you don't manufacture anything rather you like imported ones?
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by betshopagent(m): 10:23am On Feb 21
Interesting! Regret not investing on crytpto on time but still happy that I invested huge from Oct till this year. My usdt tripling in naira value almost overnight.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Bigkoko: 10:23am On Feb 21
The Zambian Kwacha has continued its bullish trend against the U.S. dollar.

This afternoon, the dollar was selling between 21 and 22 Kwacha and buying between 21.42 Kwacha and 22.42 Kwacha.

The Association of Bureau De Change says says in the last seven days the local unit has appreciated from 27 Kwacha to a dollar to approximately 21 Kwacha.

Speaking in an interview with ZNBC News, Association President PAUL KALUMBA attributes the Kwacha’s aggressive gain to interventions from the Bank of Zambia such as the raising of the Statutory Reserve Ratio on both local and foreign deposits.

He says the offloading of some dollars by Mopani and Konkola Copper Mines into the economy has also contributed to the Kwacha’s strengthening.

However, Mr. KALUMBA has urged the Central Bank to implement measures urgently to curb the Kwacha’s steep appreciation.

He says the sudden rise of the Kwacha against the U.S. dollar is causing losses, especially among business people involved in importing goods.

Mr. KALUMBA notes that the value of 10,000 U.S. dollars last week was approximately 270,000 Kwacha, whereas today it stands at about 210,000 Kwacha.

He says the strengthening of the Kwacha needs to be gradual in order to safeguard businesses from making losses.

But the income from Oil & gas finds it's way to Swiss account and Asiwaju Ministers private accounts, soon after Buhari ministers took their own share Plus loans taken!!!!!!! Walahi these leaders deserve to be lynched

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by irepnaija4eva(m): 10:24am On Feb 21
Sicklebear28:

NA STATISTICS WE GO CHOP?

Then LegendHero, mannababaqgrillz, seunmsg, flokii, Emperorceasar, benuejosh, accordadoga26, TimeManager, KingKO22 screamed in climaxed frenzy and raised their hands even during the national anthem to hail their messiah tinubu as he licked the microphone cheesy

On his mandate shall they stand and scream RoNu RoNu RoNu till they fall flat on their faces cool

My brother i Understand you very well..
But we shouldn't dwell in what will give us pain, suffering and anguish to our people on the long run.
Everybody will bear the brunt of what those misguided Ronu souls did..

I believe deep down we want everything to be alright abi?
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Bigkoko: 10:24am On Feb 21
If they foolishly ban crypto again, Bigkoko is available to help you transit seamlessly....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prices Of Goods, Services Hit All Time High In October / Aggrieved GTBank Customer Attempts To Set Bank On Fire In Ogun / Femi Otedola To Visit 5 Countries For His Yearly Three Months Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.