Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 (19936 Views)

Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market / Dollar Hits N600 At Parallel Market, FOREX Supply Shrinks / Massive Job Cut Looms As Dollar Hits ₦590, FOREX Scarcity Bites Harder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by sirgalahad26(m): 11:36am On Feb 21
Suspend BDC Operations
Suspend Binance Operations
All USD transactions if need be should be made via official channels and watch this jumping rate slow down

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Sumerians: 11:42am On Feb 21
Tntsi:
No suprises! . Early in the year, we said it will hit 2000 but the speed at which it is hitting is beyond what I thought.
This is not a thing to laugh about. Every person who values this nation and the generations coming should be concerned about this.

What we need to do as a nation is to do everything to repair the desecrated altar. There is a curse on the land which is the consequence of the desecration and cursed mandate.

Every person who was involved and those who benefitted from the desecration of the ancient landmark set by the fathers must go.

Any other thing apart from this will be one step forward and hundred steps backward.

You are seriously * and you have no one to tell yougrin
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Charly68: 11:53am On Feb 21
Wahala don burst for Naija oo! E be like say Tinubu don't get solution to the country's problem ..
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by SmokedWhiskey: 11:57am On Feb 21
Anyone else noticed that ever since the FAAC allocation to state governors was tripled the Naira has been crashing?.......its not rocket science there are not too many ppl that can afford to dollars at that exchange rate, except governors, afterall its free money. Let EFCC do its work you will see the Naira begin to appreciate in no time.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Egoveen: 11:58am On Feb 21
Biafrannuke:
By early March, thousands will collapse on the streets as a result of hunger. Many will die.

There will be massive looting of government warehouses and gradual return to the state of nature in North and SW.

Bandits will stop charging in Naira and charge in US dollars and food.

By April, nizoorians will eat grass and ministry of health will sensitize them on healthy grass options, there will be famine refugee camps and outbreak of kwashiorkor in North and SW worse than the civil war times.

Communities will mobilize billionaires to share palliatives to household in Biafra land.

MNK cursed the zoo. The plague is just starting unless they give us Biafra. I am not bluffing
May your days be long nwanne.👍👍👍

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Egoveen: 12:06pm On Feb 21
irepnaija4eva:
I'm quite sure if Tinubu knew the Actual dept of Economic Quagmire the previous Government Plunge Nigeria into, He wouldn't Have dared to Contest...

He Has a Good Heart with The Nigerian Interest At Heart..

I Just Hope Things will Turn out Well At the End..

Una never see anything,more hardship cominggrin;Do
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Broveens42(m): 12:11pm On Feb 21
Tntsi:
No suprises! . Early in the year, we said it will hit 2000 but the speed at which it is hitting is beyond what I thought.
This is not a thing to laugh about. Every person who values this nation and the generations coming should be concerned about this.

What we need to do as a nation is to do everything to repair the desecrated altar. There is a curse on the land which is the consequence of the desecration and cursed mandate.

Every person who was involved and those who benefitted from the desecration of the ancient landmark set by the fathers must go.

Any other thing apart from this will be one step forward and hundred steps backward.

You will keep wondering until you discover what is being hidden.

An attempt to cover the extraordinary rendition of a UK citizen by the Uk, is costlier than Nigerian budget
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by lendahand(m): 12:12pm On Feb 21
donestk:
Buhari de-marketed the north

Tinubu is de-marketing the South West.

The president seems only good at dirty politics. He knows nothing about governance.
drug sniffer and dealer per excellence who thrives on gangsterism even to the grassroots, what do you expect from him? He swore it's his turn so you understand what that swear means.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Tareq1105: 12:12pm On Feb 21
Nemere2020:

https://dailytrust.com/despite-fgs-clampdown-dollar-hits-n1900-pound-n2250/#:~:text=Bureau%20De%20Change%20(BDC)%20hubs,was%20exchanged%20for%20N2%2C250..

Govt should revoke the license of these BDC operators and tell them to reapply but with capital base of #5b. This would make them to merge and get them reduced to not more than 200 BDCs. This number will be manageable for CBN unlike the current over 5,000. How do you do meeting with this kind of number?
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Tareq1105: 12:14pm On Feb 21
lendahand:
drug sniffer and dealer per excellence who thrives on gangsterism even to the grassroots, what do you expect from him? He swore it's his turn so you understand what that swear means.

I know you understand governance more than him. Oloriburuku!
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by SoNature(m): 12:18pm On Feb 21
epainos:

Lol

Economists from hell! The bolded part got me. What kind of transaction you cannot do with banks that only BDC can do? Can you read what the so-called lecturers demanding high pay are saying? grin Mehn!

I believe this lecturer is talking about money laundering. Tell me one BDC that has a bigger capital base than the smallest microfinance banks we have in Nigeria that I need BDC where banks are not capable of handling. Na wa ooo!

Can you see why Nigeria will not get out of this easily? These are the set that will wage war oooo.

Please, if you know the kind of transaction that is justified here, let me know. Cos I am really curious to know what he is talking about.

That man is right. There are certain transactions you cannot do in the bank. For instance, you cannot exchange your naira for USD cash from banks, even when you want to leave the country. Most times, people just resort to BDC.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by iyinoluwa1h: 12:19pm On Feb 21
₦2000 before end of the week₦2000 before end of the week...
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Maisamari1994: 12:24pm On Feb 21
Nothing dey go do wey go work
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Balistic4: 12:25pm On Feb 21
irepnaija4eva:

Enwere m ụmụaka, na site na amara nke Chineke, a ga m ahụ ụmụ ụmụ m n'ile.

You on the other hand, that lacks respect.
As i say..
May what you wish me befall you in 10 folds..
May your day turn to darkness.
May your mouth bring you trouble.
May your going out bring you misfortune.

Ka chi ala anyị kọchaa gi.
N’ihi obi ọjọọ gị, Ka nna nna gị hà jụrụ gị.
Ọ bụrụ na ị bụ nwata akwụkwọ, ị gaghị agụcha akwụkwọ.

You are cursed....

Speak all the grammar you want, I know you are dead already, I can feel it. Foolish idiot forming nonsense. Chineke kpo gi oku there, gi na ezi n' ulo gi
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by ezegenigbonine: 12:35pm On Feb 21
People that condemn japa, how market?
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Sumerians: 12:47pm On Feb 21
SALLYBERRY01:
Please how cab I earn in dollar

Barawoo you wan dey earn for dollars abi.

No go face wetin your market.

Shegi dan boorooba😂
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Sumerians: 12:58pm On Feb 21
Brushstrokes20:
eBOLA making dull bubu look like a GENIUS! 👀😉😃😆

Bubu is now officially a GENUIS compared to ebolagrin

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by CorrectionFLuid: 1:06pm On Feb 21
Biafrannuke:
By early March, thousands will collapse on the streets as a result of hunger. Many will die.

There will be massive looting of government warehouses and gradual return to the state of nature in North and SW.

Bandits will stop charging in Naira and charge in US dollars and food.

By April, nizoorians will eat grass and ministry of health will sensitize them on healthy grass options, there will be famine refugee camps and outbreak of kwashiorkor in North and SW worse than the civil war times.

Communities will mobilize billionaires to share palliatives to household in Biafra land.

MNK cursed the zoo. The plague is just starting unless they give us Biafra. I am not bluffing

Are you in some kind of delu?
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Brushstrokes20: 1:08pm On Feb 21
Sumerians:

Bubu is now officially a GENUIS compared to ebolagrin
Spot on 👌👍
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by easzypeaszy(m): 1:14pm On Feb 21
MrBanner:
Has it favoured you and your family yet? Remember when you used to pray stupid prayers like this?? You will all learn.
What Abt u n ur family dat did not pray the foolish prayer..are u buyin food at cheaper price? Try get sense, not everyone is negative minded even if dey don't like d gov.
I personally mk dis prayers and I still stand by it n its working for me bc na dis year for my life I strt safe over 50k mnthly n conveniently even as its the worst year.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by allthingsgood: 1:44pm On Feb 21
ValCon888:
Tinubu was acting with bold braggadocio when he was sworn in, but we knew nothing dey him head.

I support subsidy removal or the removal of the corruption in subsidy, but the way he went about it showed he had no love for the masses.

Making utterances without understanding the consequences. It's been suffering since day 1 of his presidency and the worst is yet to come.

The funny thing is that 90% of those complaining have dollars hidden in their houses. Infact they are buying dollars in hopes that the naira will fall more and they will be richer. But still come online to blame Tinubu. smh. Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by seyiho(m): 1:48pm On Feb 21
irepnaija4eva:
I'm quite sure if Tinubu knew the Actual dept of Economic Quagmire the previous Government Plunge Nigeria into, He wouldn't Have dared to Contest...

E no go better for you , you people already know EMILOKAN have nothing good for this nation except that power . You just prefer to keep misleading mumu people like you.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 1:52pm On Feb 21
Jackson105:

I can see that the SW is pressing your neck and making your life m1serable, may it continues till the end of time.

See this one wey never chop since morning.

For your information, hunger is doing your pi pu shiii, continue blabbering.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by kunkelhanspeter(m): 1:53pm On Feb 21
Nemere2020:

https://dailytrust.com/despite-fgs-clampdown-dollar-hits-n1900-pound-n2250/#:~:text=Bureau%20De%20Change%20(BDC)%20hubs,was%20exchanged%20for%20N2%2C250..
In Port Harcourt I saw police 👮 men and women all they big big officers who can’t even walk because of over fat on the road today from GRA to Rumuola where these aboki people used to change dollars. No single aboki on the road today.
Yet it still getting worse
Waiting for $ to reach 2000 before I will sell my small $275 .
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by kunkelhanspeter(m): 1:53pm On Feb 21
Nemere2020:

In Port Harcourt I saw police 👮 men and women all they big big officers who can’t even walk because of over fat on the road today from GRA to Rumuola where these aboki people used to change dollars. No single aboki on the road today.
Yet it still getting worse
Waiting for $ to reach 2000 before I will sell my small $275
Lol 😝
We told you guys .
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by macklef(m): 1:54pm On Feb 21
pocohantas:

It is about 1800/$.
Nairaland should stop pushing these threads to FP. It is becoming scary and I am surprised some people are laughing over it. My parents house was burgled for the first time in 20>yrs.

Do people know the security implications of where we are headed?

It's crazy. People would break into houses armed just to cart away with rice
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 1:54pm On Feb 21
easzypeaszy:
What Abt u n ur family dat did not pray the foolish prayer..are u buyin food at cheaper price? Try get sense, not everyone is negative minded even if dey don't like d gov.
I personally mk dis prayers and I still stand by it n its working for me bc na dis year for my life I strt safe over 50k mnthly n conveniently even as its the worst year.

So, you dey safe 50k monthly and you dey feel like you have arrived, money wey no reach wetin some people dey take buy fuel monthly, gerraout of here abeg.
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by irepnaija4eva(m): 2:10pm On Feb 21
Balistic4:

Speak all the grammar you want, I know you are dead already, I can feel it. Foolish idiot forming nonsense. Chineke kpo gi oku there, gi na ezi n' ulo gi

You are cursed...
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by irepnaija4eva(m): 2:12pm On Feb 21
Balistic4:

You are cursed....
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Lilimax(f): 2:13pm On Feb 21
irepnaija4eva:

And the blame continue as if he was not part of the last regime. He once said that Buhari was doing well just for Buhari to hand over the power to him

O to zeh! We dey watch them
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by fabian063: 2:59pm On Feb 21
Tinubu took a dumb action in floating the naira and removing subsidy the same time in an economy based on importation. No be gra gra dem dey use fix things even though I understand say na how old people dey behave, na step by step. Work on constant electricity before u remove subsidy. Change from consumption to production before u float the naira, na just ABC in economics be this
Kennyswag:
so how is it tinubus fault that you don't manufacture anything rather you like imported ones?
Re: Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 by Balistic4: 3:02pm On Feb 21
irepnaija4eva:

You are cursed....

grin grin grin grin grin unfortunate fellow quoting from the land of the dead. You are really unfortunate grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin God don catch you today. foolish idot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top Business Loactaions In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng / Nigerian Startup Bill Signed Into Law By President Buhari / Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.